PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions--11-8

JALMOND
November 5th, 2008, 11:50 PM
So I now have the same number of misses as I did all of last year. Is it possible to be perfect the rest of the season? Highly unlikely. Still, 46-9 is pretty good I guess, provided you are not putting any money on them. Here are this week's predictions in the games involving Big Sky teams (4 conference games, one non-conference, all teams playing).

EWU @ UNC---Interesting. What is actually going on with the Eagles lately? The MoValley has Youngstown this year, the SoCon has The Citadel, and we have the Eagles, teams that had hopes of contending yet now are trying to survive. Then there are the Bears who have been playing everyone close except for Montana. Possible snow forecasted for the game. Will anyone show up?...UNC 16, EWU 12.

UM @ PSU---The Grizzlies have been on a roll after getting beat at Weber State a few weeks back. Now they head to Portland to take on the Vikings, who are undefeated at home this year. The Vikings are having a Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde season where they can't do anything wrong at home and can't do anything right on the road. The Walsh era Vikings always gave the Griz fits in Portland, how can the Glanville era Vikings do...PSU 33, UM 30.

MSU @ NAU---The Jacks were trying to sneek under the radar and contend for the title, then they played the top two teams and got absolutely smoked. The Bobcats have returned to their old style of football, relying on the powerful defense to make up for a lack of offense. The Jacks had some pride in stopping the run against teams that liked to pass, then they met two teams with potent running attacks and could not stop them. The Bobcats have not lost a conference game on the road yet this year. Why start now?...MSU 17, NAU 14.

Sac State @ UC-Davis---The Hornets make the quick bus ride to play their fierce non conference rivals in UC-Davis. The Hornets showed some life in getting a win at the always difficult Eastern Washington field. A win here would be icing on the cake...Sac State 24, UC-Davis 21.

WSU @ ISU--Talk about two teams going in the opposite directions. The Wildcats are on the verge of going undefeated in conference play, and the Bengals could possibly be winless by the end of the year. The Wildcats are playing for the right to win the title outright and head into the playoffs, the Bengals are looking to play out the string. At times, the Wildcats have looked like world beaters, while the Bengals have looked like they wanted to hide. A rivalry game in name only...WSU 48, ISU 20.

A couple questionable games (UNC over EWU, PSU over UM) but got to go with the home team. Have at it.

Peems
November 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
So I now have the same number of misses as I did all of last year. Is it possible to be perfect the rest of the season? Highly unlikely. Still, 46-9 is pretty good I guess, provided you are not putting any money on them. Here are this week's predictions in the games involving Big Sky teams (4 conference games, one non-conference, all teams playing).

EWU @ UNC---Interesting. What is actually going on with the Eagles lately? The MoValley has Youngstown this year, the SoCon has The Citadel, and we have the Eagles, teams that had hopes of contending yet now are trying to survive. Then there are the Bears who have been playing everyone close except for Montana. Possible snow forecasted for the game. Will anyone show up?...UNC 16, EWU 12.

UM @ PSU---The Grizzlies have been on a roll after getting beat at Weber State a few weeks back. Now they head to Portland to take on the Vikings, who are undefeated at home this year. The Vikings are having a Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde season where they can't do anything wrong at home and can't do anything right on the road. The Walsh era Vikings always gave the Griz fits in Portland, how can the Glanville era Vikings do...PSU 33, UM 30.

MSU @ NAU---The Jacks were trying to sneek under the radar and contend for the title, then they played the top two teams and got absolutely smoked. The Bobcats have returned to their old style of football, relying on the powerful defense to make up for a lack of offense. The Jacks had some pride in stopping the run against teams that liked to pass, then they met two teams with potent running attacks and could not stop them. The Bobcats have not lost a conference game on the road yet this year. Why start now?...MSU 17, NAU 14.

Sac State @ UC-Davis---The Hornets make the quick bus ride to play their fierce non conference rivals in UC-Davis. The Hornets showed some life in getting a win at the always difficult Eastern Washington field. A win here would be icing on the cake...Sac State 24, UC-Davis 21.

WSU @ ISU--Talk about two teams going in the opposite directions. The Wildcats are on the verge of going undefeated in conference play, and the Bengals could possibly be winless by the end of the year. The Wildcats are playing for the right to win the title outright and head into the playoffs, the Bengals are looking to play out the string. At times, the Wildcats have looked like world beaters, while the Bengals have looked like they wanted to hide. A rivalry game in name only...WSU 48, ISU 20.

A couple questionable games (UNC over EWU, PSU over UM) but got to go with the home team. Have at it.

I know that you usually try and be reasonable, but what really makes you think that PSU will beat the Griz? Or are you just going homer on us:D

uofmman1122
November 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM
PSU doesn't have the defense to stop the Griz.

UM has the defense to stop PSU.

UM - 35
PSU - 21

Screamin_Eagle174
November 6th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I see the potential for some of those upsets... but I think it's more likely that you go 1-4 this week Jalmond. At the very best 3-2.

uofmman1122
November 6th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Also, I don't think you can hold the Home vs. Away argument as very strong, either, since you've only beaten EWU, ISU, and D2 Western Oregon at home, having lost to (among others) Sac St. and NAU away, both of which Montana absolutely destroyed.

I'm not saying PSU can't beat us, since we usually have a tough time there, but I just don't see it this year.

placidlakegriz
November 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Griz win this weekend. I will be flying out to Portland to watch the game and the Griz have never lost an away game that I have attended.:)

Ronbo
November 6th, 2008, 08:44 AM

Yeah and if you were putting money on them you would be dealing with the spreads and you wouldn't be anywhere near 46-9. More like 29-26.

UM beats PSU
NAU beats MSU
Davis beats Sac State

wapiti
November 6th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Here are my picks. (Winners Bolded.)

UNC 21 EWU 17 (EWU has been playing better on the road this year then at home, but UNC will score in the last minute.)

PSU 17, UM 33. UM handles PSU

MSU 14, NAU 17. MSU makes it close, but the home team wins.

Sac State 27, UC-Davis 17. Sac State's good team shows up for this one.

WSU 38, ISU 13. This was an easy pick.

Native
November 6th, 2008, 09:26 AM
WSU @ ISU: Weber seems to play up or down to the competition, but this is a traditional rivalry game, so "normal" may not apply. For WSU, the remaining two games are also beauty contests to angle for a top four playoff seed. A big defensive performance by the Wildcats could help do the trick.

Weber-48, Idaho State-10

EWU @ UNC: UNC can play with anyone on defense, but can they put points on the board? Perhaps so, especially at home, against the mysteriously downtrodden Eagles.

Northern Colorado-20, Eastern Washington-17

CSUS@UCD: The computer gives UC Davis a 5 point edge at home, but with Great West conference leader Cal Poly (ranked 4th in the Gridiron Power Index) up in two weeks, this is a classic trap game for the Aggies. On their good days the Hornets come to play and win, and they can certainly do so against Davis. Don't break my heart - again - Sac State!

Sacramento State-23, UC Davis-21

MSU @ NAU: Both of these teams would be contenders in some weaker conferences. Northern Arizona was not overrated this year and has something to prove after losing two straight to Weber and Montana. The dangerous Bobcats are not quite firing on all cylinders and might be a bit banged up on defense. The Lumberjacks take it at home in the Walkup Dome. At 7,000 feet in Flagstaff, the two best kickers in the conference, Cunningham and Dehaze, will put on a show! Look for lots of touchbacks and some field goals.

Northern Arizona-31, Montana State-27

UM @ PSU: Montana is playing like the seasoned champions they are. Portland State doesn't know when to quit and plays like the challengers they could be. Small chance, but the Vikings could be the most dangerous supposed "gimme" on the schedule for Montana, just as it was for Weber. If Montana makes any mistakes and Portland avoids mistakes, watch out! I am still going for Montana, but this might be the most interesting game of the week.

Montana-35, Portland State-21

cats2506
November 6th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Good job Jalmond, when I first saw this I knew there would be a flurry of griz say that it cant happen, PSU has been hot and cold all year and it depends which team shows up but I think PSU could beat um, JG will have them ready, I have to say that it is more probable that um wins though. I'm more surprised that you pick MSU over NAU, I think we will win that one but I dont really expect anybody outside of MSU fans to believe it.

UNCBears2010
November 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Good picks, JALMOND, but I don't know where you're getting your weather report for the UNC/EWU game. Saturday is supposed to be the nicest day of the week, low 60s and sunny. There's a slight chance of snow Sunday or Monday, but Saturday is supposed to be great.

JALMOND
November 7th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Good picks, JALMOND, but I don't know where you're getting your weather report for the UNC/EWU game. Saturday is supposed to be the nicest day of the week, low 60s and sunny. There's a slight chance of snow Sunday or Monday, but Saturday is supposed to be great.

If its holding off until Sunday, that's even better (I really hate snow games). I had heard snow late Sat afternoon, but really hoping for a good game in Greeley.

JALMOND
November 7th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Obviously I have some explaining to do. I'll try to make it quick as it is very late and I am still buzzing about the Blazer win tonight. All picks are my opinion, but here is some clarity on them...

WSU @ ISU---If the Bengals are within 10 points of the Wildcats at the half, that will be the closest thing to a victory for them.

Sac State @ UC-Davis---The Aggies have their biggest game of the year the next week at Cal Poly. The Hornets are the toughest team they've played in almost a month. Also, Cheney is no easy place to get a win for the road team.

MSU @ NAU---The Jacks are coming off two very demoralizing losses back to back. The Cats defense is playing great right now (if they could only find an offense). If the Jacks can get to 20, they win. If not, the Cats D will give the offense a chance to win it.

EWU @ UNC---It was about the same time last year when a conference favorite came to Greeley looking for an easy win to jumpstart what was left of the season. Ask any Bobcat fan how that turned out.

UM @ PSU---Maybe a homer, but look at it this way. The Griz have faced a strong passing team three times this year (Cal Poly, Central Washington and Weber State). Last year, the Vikings were within 3 points late at Montana (which featured both Hilliard and Biermann). Montana has always had difficult games in Portland. The Viking defense has improved throughout the year, having only allowed one touchdown in the second half of the last two games. Also, one of the preseason goals set by the team was to go through the year undefeated at home, all the while knowing that the Griz were coming to town. All this gives me reasonable confidence that the Vikings could win Saturday. They need to hold the Griz to under 30 points, if the Griz get over 30 points, the Vikings will not win. What will be stressed before the game is that this is our season, this is our playoffs. Whether all this will translate into a win for the Vikings remains to be seen. See you all Saturday!!!xthumbsupx

JALMOND
November 7th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Yeah and if you were putting money on them you would be dealing with the spreads and you wouldn't be anywhere near 46-9. More like 29-26.

UM beats PSU
NAU beats MSU
Davis beats Sac State

I'm still trying to wipe the egg off my face from Sac State last week.:D

CopperCat
November 7th, 2008, 04:46 AM

UM lays an egg against PSU
MSU pounds NAU into submission
Slack State gets a sponsorship from PAM

That's more like it

mvemjsunpx
November 7th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Conference Games:

Montana (4-1, 8-1) @ Portland St. (2-3, 3-5) - Given Glanville's obsession with the Griz, PSU's 3-0 mark at home this season, & the the win over Montana in 2004, this seems to be a popular pick this week. It's all nonsense, of course, for two reasons: 1) the 2004 Vikes were noticeably better than this lot, & 2) Montana never gets upset by weak teams—UM only has one loss to a I-AA/FCS team that finished with a losing record since 1993 (Southern Utah in '98). Glanville clinches his second straight losing season on Saturday… UMT 42, PORTST 24

Weber St. (6-0, 8-2) @ Idaho St. (0-5, 0-9) - If Weber wins this game, they will clinch a share of the Big Sky title, the Big Sky auto-bid, & their first playoff appearance since 1991. That's a biiiig "if", though, since the Bengals are a dangerous 0-9 and they've impressively lost 21 of their last 23 in this Great Basin rivalry xrotatehx … WEBER 49, IDST 14

Montana St. (3-2, 5-4) @ Northern Arizona (4-2, 6-3) - To say the Lumberjacks were made into fools the last two weeks is an understatement. They can turn it around and possibly salvage a playoff bid, however, if they can beat Montana State & EWU. Both defenses match up well here since neither team is dangerous through the air, but I just can't see the Bobcats winning 3 straight in the Walkup Skydome… NAU 20, MTST 16

Eastern Washington (2-3, 3-5) @ Northern Colorado (1-4, 1-7) - Eastern's defense is much maligned, but that unit has played better the past few weeks & they are only allowing 2.7 yards-per-rush on the season. EWU also lives & dies by rushing the QB and, given the 3 sacks per game allowed by the Bears, I think the Eags can avoid death here. The Bears are giving up more than 10 yards-per-attempt through the air on the season, so Eastern's offense matches up pretty well, too. Add all that to Northern Colorado's inability to finish games & I don't see an upset happening… EWU 30, NCOL 17

Non-Conference Games:

Sacramento St. (4-5) @ UC Davis (5-4) - Another popular upset pick that I don't quite understand. Sac turned things around last week, but they're still giving up over 280 ypg through the air. Aggie QB Greg Denham is throwing for over 300 ypg, so Sac could really get torched in this one. UCD's run defense is also good, so the Hornets may have trouble getting things going. It doesn't look like Sac is going to avoid losing their 9th. straight Causeway Classic… UCD 37, SAC 21

gbhmt
November 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
EWU @ UNC- Eastern Washington joins the ranks of Delaware and the Citadel on the most disappointing seasons list. Goes to show that sheer talent on the field isn’t enough without the right coaching staff. But that talent should be enough to rout Northern Colorado, although they won’t go easy. EWU 31, UNC 20

Game of the Week
UM @ PSU- This is the toughest one. But I’m gonna give my two cents on why I think the Griz will win this one. The Vikings played the Griz close last year, but they lost the same number of starters that the Griz did (24). I think the Griz have recovered from that loss of a great class much better than Portland has. I’m not quite sure if this PSU squad is the same team that gave the Griz the scare last year. Also, looking at the teams that PSU has played this year, I think UM has the best defense they’ve played against, as for how they’re playing right now. The Griz proved that they could focus outside of Washington-Grizzly two weeks ago at UNC in a game which everyone thought would be closer. I don’t think they’re slowing down now. Expect plenty of Griz Nation to be at the game this week. UM 38, PSU 21.

NAU @ MSU- Northern Arizona’s out of the playoffs, Montana State’s had a pretty disappointing season. I think Northern is still clearly the better team here. I expect them to win out in the rest of the conference. NAU 34, MSU 18

Sac State @ UC-Davis- Sac State shocked a bleeding Eastern last week. Might have gotten Davis to pay a little more attention to them. An improved Davis squad wins handily. UCD 41, Sac State 24

WSU @ ISU- Weber State travels to Pocatello to dish out a beating. Weber’s chugging along to an outright conference title. This isn’t the team to slow them down. WSU 48, ISU 14

putter
November 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Actually all the reasons given for PSU to beat Montana are valid and the fact that it is in Portland has a bearing on that. I think last years game will help the Griz as PSU was able to use a lot of short slants (missed tackles) for big gains which I think the coaching staff will get this corrected. After seeing how Weber got on them by 31 early, I suspect that the Griz can do the same thing but, as another post was made, this is Glanville's superbowl and treats this game unlike any other every season. I think that the Griz D has matured too much for PSU to pull the upset.

already123
November 7th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I wouldnt necessarily say that we are out of the playoffs. I did a bit of research...though it is definitely a long shot, we have an outside chance at sneaking in. The teams that are ahead of us either play eachother or the top teams in their conference as their remaining schedule. Several with no losses to give.

But, I might be dreaming...

Wolfman
November 7th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Griz have never played well in Portland. PSU will be higher than a vulture on speed when they play. I predict the Griz lose a close one to the Vikings on Saturday.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Griz have never played well in Portland. PSU will be higher than a vulture on speed when they play. I predict the Griz lose a close one to the Vikings on Saturday.

I thought AGS was missing something the last couple weeks! Same old Wolfboy. xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Obviously I have some explaining to do. I'll try to make it quick as it is very late and I am still buzzing about the Blazer win tonight. All picks are my opinion, but here is some clarity on them...

WSU @ ISU---If the Bengals are within 10 points of the Wildcats at the half, that will be the closest thing to a victory for them.

Sac State @ UC-Davis---The Aggies have their biggest game of the year the next week at Cal Poly. The Hornets are the toughest team they've played in almost a month. Also, Cheney is no easy place to get a win for the road team.

MSU @ NAU---The Jacks are coming off two very demoralizing losses back to back. The Cats defense is playing great right now (if they could only find an offense). If the Jacks can get to 20, they win. If not, the Cats D will give the offense a chance to win it.

EWU @ UNC---It was about the same time last year when a conference favorite came to Greeley looking for an easy win to jumpstart what was left of the season. Ask any Bobcat fan how that turned out.

UM @ PSU---Maybe a homer, but look at it this way. The Griz have faced a strong passing team three times this year (Cal Poly, Central Washington and Weber State). Last year, the Vikings were within 3 points late at Montana (which featured both Hilliard and Biermann). Montana has always had difficult games in Portland. The Viking defense has improved throughout the year, having only allowed one touchdown in the second half of the last two games. Also, one of the preseason goals set by the team was to go through the year undefeated at home, all the while knowing that the Griz were coming to town. All this gives me reasonable confidence that the Vikings could win Saturday. They need to hold the Griz to under 30 points, if the Griz get over 30 points, the Vikings will not win. What will be stressed before the game is that this is our season, this is our playoffs. Whether all this will translate into a win for the Vikings remains to be seen. See you all Saturday!!!xthumbsupx

Sadly, Cheney isn't that hard of a place for the opposing team to get a win... Eastern usually does better on the road... we feed off that hostility, whereas our fans don't know how to make noise when it matters.xnonono2x

Griz have played FOUR strong passing teams this year; you failed to mention Eastern. Give credit to the Griz D... they stopped us when they needed to, other times we stopped ourselves, or the wind had an affect.

I like mvemjsunpx and gbhmt picks a lot better. xtwocentsx

UNCBears2010
November 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Sadly, Cheney isn't that hard of a place for the opposing team to get a win... Eastern usually does better on the road... we feed off that hostility, whereas our fans don't know how to make noise when it matters.xnonono2x

Griz have played FOUR strong passing teams this year; you failed to mention Eastern. Give credit to the Griz D... they stopped us when they needed to, other times we stopped ourselves, or the wind had an affect.

Of course you do, they picked Eastern to win.

elkmcc
November 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Never? Though the final score might not be indicative of it, in 2000 the Griz put a hurt on a highly touted and playoff bound PSU team. If I remember correctly, the Vikings beat Hawaii that year. But then I would certainly not expect the wolfboy to remember the Griz playing well, anywhere.

JALMOND
November 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM

I know I didn't mentioned EWU. Need a whole lot more than just Nichols to Brice for a strong passing team. I didn't see the vaunted EWU passing attack here in Portland, if there ever was one.

JALMOND
November 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Glad to see that we are finally getting some great discussion here. Things have been getting rather boring around here. Maybe I need to pick the Griz to lose more often, steal some of the thunder surrounding App State and James Madison. To the Griz Nation coming to town, I say drive safe and hope it is a great game. And to all who are questioning my sanity this week, remember I have not picked a losing weekend in two years (I have broke even a few times, but have never had a losing weekend since the 2006 season).

We'll see how much egg is on my face on Sunday, that is if my Griz friends coming into town this weekend have not stuffed me in a pile of manure.xsmiley_wix

Screamin_Eagle174
November 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I know I didn't mentioned EWU. Need a whole lot more than just Nichols to Brice for a strong passing team. I didn't see the vaunted EWU passing attack here in Portland, if there ever was one.

Boyce.

And we do. Nichols to Tony Davis. Nichols to Brynsen Brown. All day long.

Aaand the last time I check (just now), Eastern ranks 5th in the country in passing offense. xrulesx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand those three receivers are all in the top 36 nationally for receptions per game, with Brown and Boyce in the top 39 nationally for receiving yards per game. I don't know how you can't call EWU a passing team. Pretty good numbers for a team whose coach makes the team run the ball 50% of the time.

Jackluv
November 7th, 2008, 09:09 PM
The UM PSU game sounds like its going be exciting. When PSU's QB is on, he's on

Native
November 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM
...When PSU's QB is on, he's on

Which one? xconfusedx

They have at least three! xlolx

RationalGriz
November 7th, 2008, 11:01 PM
We will see how the weather affects the game. Right now it a 70% chance of rain and 20 mph winds.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 8th, 2008, 12:11 AM
EWU @ UNC - I think the Eagles will prevail, even with their disappointments so far. UNC should keep it close though which is an improvement from last year for them, gj bears :)
UNC 24, EWU 28.

UM @ PSU - No way the Vikes slow the Griz down and the Griz D is playing much better.
PSU 21, UM 35.

MSU @ NAU - Might be calling this one too high of a score, but I think the Kitties will win it. NAU is hurting right now, but might just sneak this one out.
MSU 21, NAU 17.

Sac State @ UC-Davis - I am gonna have to go with UCD in this one, should beat Sac by a couple at home.
Sac State 21, UC-Davis 35.

WSU @ ISU - Gonna be a reverse score on this one, Weber will be too much in this battle of kitties.
WSU 41, ISU 14.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 8th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I see the potential for some of those upsets... but I think it's more likely that you go 1-4 this week Jalmond. At the very best 3-2.

Well, two eggs for your face this week Jalmond! xthumbsupx Although it was almost 3... too bad NAU's kicker sucked it up today.

Great pick of Sac over UC Davis... they've really stepped up their game.

CopperCat
November 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Well, two eggs for your face this week Jalmond! xthumbsupx Although it was almost 3... too bad NAU's kicker sucked it up today.

Great pick of Sac over UC Davis... they've really stepped up their game.

Don't act like it was the kicker's fault they lost that game. Crawford rushed for 160+ yards against that team, and NOBODY has done that against them this season.

Ronbo
November 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Don't act like it was the kicker's fault they lost that game. Crawford rushed for 160+ yards against that team, and NOBODY has done that against them this season.

Yes, that's true. Reynolds only went for 157 on 12 carries and 3 TD's. xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 9th, 2008, 12:31 AM

The kicker was a big part of it... if he had made that chip shot, NAU would have won. But ultimately, NAU throwing that pick at the end was the reason they lost.

SeattleGriz
November 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM

Dude. Go trolling on some other board. Your crap is wearing very thin.

Native
November 9th, 2008, 02:01 AM

Congrats to the Bobcats!

A close game against the Lumberjacks, as predicted, with plenty of action from two outstanding kickers! (Four field goals and 16 total kicking points.)

uofmman1122
November 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Yes, that's true. Reynolds only went for 157 on 12 carries and 3 TD's. xlolxWhile he's technically correct, I doubt you'll find anyone, besides Bobcat fans, who thinks Crawford:

26 carries for 160 yards
0 Touchdowns

Had a better day against them than Reynolds:

12 carries for 157 yards
3 Touchdowns

xreadx

Look at it this way, Bobcat fans: We knocked enough snot out of them so you could run all over them. xlolx

cats2506
November 9th, 2008, 12:43 PM
While he's technically correct, I doubt you'll find anyone, besides Bobcat fans, who thinks Crawford:

26 carries for 160 yards
0 Touchdowns

Had a better day against them than Reynolds:

12 carries for 157 yards
3 Touchdowns

xreadx

Look at it this way, Bobcat fans: We knocked enough snot out of them so you could run all over them. xlolx

Hmmm, It looked to me like the basicly $h!t themselves in wa-griz and handed you a 21 point lead and the game, they did not do that yesterday, there were 5 lead changes and 7 total TO's, 3 by us and 4 by them.

NAU played a much better game against the Cats

JALMOND
November 9th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Glad to see that we are finally getting some great discussion here. Things have been getting rather boring around here. Maybe I need to pick the Griz to lose more often, steal some of the thunder surrounding App State and James Madison. To the Griz Nation coming to town, I say drive safe and hope it is a great game. And to all who are questioning my sanity this week, remember I have not picked a losing weekend in two years (I have broke even a few times, but have never had a losing weekend since the 2006 season).

We'll see how much egg is on my face on Sunday, that is if my Griz friends coming into town this weekend have not stuffed me in a pile of manure.xsmiley_wix

So I avoided the manure pile (and the insane asylum) by going 3-2 this weekend (still no losing weekend since 2006). Overall, I am now 49-11. Thank you Bobcats and Hornets for coming through. Still trying to get a perfect week, though. Maybe next week although I can't get the easy Weber State pick as they have a bye.

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 02:49 PM
So I avoided the manure pile (and the insane asylum) by going 3-2 this weekend (still no losing weekend since 2006). Overall, I am now 49-11. Thank you Bobcats and Hornets for coming through. Still trying to get a perfect week, though. Maybe next week although I can't get the easy Weber State pick as they have a bye.

At least you get the easy Montana pick.

GolfingGriz
November 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hmmm, It looked to me like the basicly $h!t themselves in wa-griz and handed you a 21 point lead and the game, they did not do that yesterday, there were 5 lead changes and 7 total TO's, 3 by us and 4 by them.

13 days cat fans, 13 days

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Sorry buddy but that sounds like a personal problem. Maybe if you'd score instead of give it back when you had the ball the result would be similar.

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 03:48 PM
13 days cat fans, 13 days

Normally the Griz Cat game makes me feel pumped and a little wary. This year, I'm just in extreme anticipation of embarrassing them.

GolfingGriz
November 9th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Sorry buddy but that sounds like a personal problem. Maybe if you'd score instead of give it back when you had the ball the result would be similar.

Yeah, its like they want props for keeping NAU in the game. Sorry we took advantage of their mistakes and ended the game in the second quarter. If you would like, cats, we will gladly show you how its done in 13 days.

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, its like they want props for keeping NAU in the game. Sorry we took advantage of their mistakes and ended the game in the second quarter. If you would like, cats, we will gladly show you how its done in 13 days.

I think we'll show them how it's done regardless of whether they want us to or not.

CopperCat
November 9th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I think both of you need to go to the smack board.xrulesx

gbhmt
November 9th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I think both of you need to go to the smack board.xrulesx

Only if some kitties come too.

placidlakegriz
November 9th, 2008, 08:17 PM

No just looked that way becouse the cats aren't much of a team..

cats2506
November 9th, 2008, 08:33 PM
No just looked that way becouse the cats aren't much of a team..

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's the jizz fan who likes to do pretty colors again.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx