PDA

View Full Version : Any Good FCS Recruiting Sites?

PhoenixPhan06
November 5th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Is anyone aware of any current, reliable recruiting websites for FCS teams?I've looked for a while now only to find sites with dated information with little to no description of the prospects.

smallcollegefbfan
November 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Is anyone aware of any current, reliable recruiting websites for FCS teams?I've looked for a while now only to find sites with dated information with little to no description of the prospects.

There isn't one. Rivals and Scout have all players they feel should be rated but I don't think there is a huge market for players going to lower levels at this point. Everyone wants to read about the best players and 85 percent of those going to FCS schools are not put in that category.

Jackman
November 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Scout.com recently added football recruiting sections to all of the FCS teams that have pages there. However, with a few exceptions you either need to have a FBS program or play basketball in a good mid-major conference to have a page at Scout. So, for example, Dayton has a site for football recruiting, but App State has absolutely nothing. They even added a football section for La Salle, though all it's good for is looking at past seasons.

Native
November 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM
There isn't one. ...

This gives the "big" established and relatively well funded programs like Montana and Appalachian State a tremendous year-in, year-out advantage over other FCS programs because of their ability to recruit regionally and sometimes nationally.

....Rivals and Scout have all players they feel should be rated but I don't think there is a huge market for players going to lower levels at this point. Everyone wants to read about the best players and 85 percent of those going to FCS schools are not put in that category.

Rivals and Scout suck at rating players after they get below the Top 50 or so recruits. This contributes to alot of legitimate schollie kids getting overlooked by the FBS programs, many of which - surprisingly - recruit regionally. This offers a window of opportunity to clever FBS head coaches with strong programs and the willingness and ability to understand and relate to potential players on an individual level.

Coach McBride at Weber State is such a clever and resourceful head coach. WSU's success this year is in large part a result of his hard work and recruiting success over the past three years.

Some examples:

Little Weber State has eleven or so outstanding players from Hawaii/Polynesia/Samoan locations, including QB Cameron Higgins and DT Ryan Easton. You have already heard of Cam, but you will be equally impressed with "The Beast" who was heavily recruited by FBS programs but wanted to play instead of redshirt. Mac granted his wish.

Two-time BSC rushing leader Trevyn Smith - in the lead again this year - was overlooked by the FBS, as was NFL-bound FB Marcus Mailei. You have heard of Trevyn, but probably never heard of Marcus. The scouts are slobbering all over him, and your coaches will see him on film and prepare for his big hits in front of Trevyn.

The WSU placekicker beat the current Boston College, Texas and Texas Tech placekickers in head-to-head camp competition, but was overlooked except for WSU and ISU. McBride made a better pitch.

danefan
November 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Most of the top recruits at FCS schools are filtered through the FBS system.

You can generally find a few on the FBS recruiting sites that have App State, Delaware, etc....listed as interested schools. You just have to search well.

Cincy App
November 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Scout.com recently added football recruiting sections to all of the FCS teams that have pages there. However, with a few exceptions you either need to have a FBS program or play basketball in a good mid-major conference to have a page at Scout. So, for example, Dayton has a site for football recruiting, but App State has absolutely nothing. They even added a football section for La Salle, though all it's good for is looking at past seasons.

ASU recruiting can be followed on Rivals although it's a subscription service.

Andy
November 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?page=considering&season=2009&schoolId=2210&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fpage%3dconsider ing%26season%3d2009%26schoolId%3d2210

clenz
November 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Rivals, in general, doesn't cover the FCS well. However, each state has great coverage through their high school rivals website. At the same time, who wants to sift through 40-50 different high school sites to find the FCS players.

Of course I may be biased since I work for one of those sites.