PDA

View Full Version : ASU Enhancement

SoCon48
November 12th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Would like for some App fan to tell me how many new stadium seats will be added? I read all the field house, softball, baseball, indoor practice, weight room stuff, but how many new stadium seats.?????

AppGuy04
November 12th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Would like for some App fan to tell me how many new stadium seats will be added? I read all the field house, softball, baseball, indoor practice, weight room stuff, but how many new stadium seats.?????

i heard an estimate of 5-10K but once again, thats a pretty wide range

ASU Kep
November 12th, 2005, 10:47 AM
and thats not for a long time...

appst89
November 12th, 2005, 06:59 PM

There is no number yet for the additional seating. Since that is one of the last things that will be done, Charlie Cobb has said that he's going to let the market determine the number of seats to be added. If we continue to average 23,000 over the next couple of years, then the number will be around 10,000.

yosefcity
November 12th, 2005, 07:47 PM
500 Club seats and VIP seats will be added after this season. That will be all until 2007 or 8 when Cobb can look at the attendance over those years.

SoCon48
November 12th, 2005, 11:40 PM
500 Club seats and VIP seats will be added after this season. That will be all until 2007 or 8 when Cobb can look at the attendance over those years.

In the meantime, up to 9,000 fans (mostly ASU) have to sit in the friggin' dirt and still pay 20 dayum big ones for like 4 more seasons???

I'll not contribute one red cent until Phase IV begins, if I live that dayum long.
All the other phases look quite sensible.

JCline

SoCon48
November 12th, 2005, 11:42 PM
There is no number yet for the additional seating. Since that is one of the last things that will be done, Charlie Cobb has said that he's going to let the market determine the number of seats to be added. If we continue to average 23,000 over the next couple of years, then the number will be around 10,000.

Which is what we were told back in 1985 (a 25K stadium). 20 years later...nothing yet!!!

appst89
November 13th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Which is what we were told back in 1985 (a 25K stadium). 20 years later...nothing yet!!!

I remember that. The big difference between then and now is that we now have Charlie Cobb at the helm of our athletic department. Things will be done and they will be done the right way. This guy is the real deal.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 07:10 AM
I remember that. The big difference between then and now is that we now have Charlie Cobb at the helm of our athletic department. Things will be done and they will be done the right way. This guy is the real deal.

I'm sure, but I f'n tired of waiting. It's absurd to have 4 crowds where 4 to 9,000 peple are sitting in the dirt. We have at least ONE every year.
Remember, once Charlie and the powers that be decide to expand, it's another 2 years. So we are looking at 2010.
I don't care who is in charge, that's f'n absurd. :deadhorse

JCline

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I'm sure, but I f'n tired of waiting. It's absurd to have 4 crowds where 4 to 9,000 peple are sitting in the dirt. We have at least ONE every year.
Remember, once Charlie and the powers that be decide to expand, it's another 2 years. So we are looking at 2010.
I don't care who is in charge, that's f'n absurd. :deadhorse

JCline

To put it another way. We had MORE fans in attendance yesterday than some of our SOCON brethren normally have in total seated attendance at their game.Some of our brethren would love to have a 9,000 crowd. Period.
We had an EXTRA 9K who had to sit in the dirt.
Carolina Traders made a killing on stadium seats until they ran out.

JCline

Saint3333
November 13th, 2005, 10:45 AM
I bet season tickets sells are double what they were this year due to the demand. :D

Maybe we can get some temporary seating for students down in one of the endzones, I'd hate to be the opposing team trying to score down there.

yosefcity
November 13th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Temp seating will be added to the endzones for next year for the band and a few students.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Temp seating will be added to the endzones for next year for the band and a few students.

Still very second class in my opionion and will dampen the enthusiam of the band program.

Saint3333
November 13th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I'd keep the band where they are put only students, some sort of mountaineer maniacs like they have for bball down there.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I'd keep the band where they are put only students, some sort of mountaineer maniacs like they have for bball down there.

Might work, but i would be greatly offended if I were a student to give up good seats in the main stand considering they are footing almost HALF the bill for the new facility with their increased student fees.
End zones are the worst seats in the house. No way to put a spin on that.

ericappstate
November 13th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I think that the band is really killing some good seats. they need to be in either or the ends of the student section. The students can make enough noise from the middle, now about that noise for the reserved seats.....

AppStateMan
November 13th, 2005, 01:53 PM
As a band member, I think its poor choice to put us in the endzone.
#1 A LOT of the band members love to watch the game (the ASU endzone is a terrible place to seat anyone).
#2 The Band sets the mood for the game a lot of the time!
#3 The band makes more noise than the student section half the time(300 members)!

So if they put us in the endzone next year, you'll see a lot of the band members drop out. Besides why change tradition at "The Rock"? What we have going on now seems to work well......

who told you the band would be moving anyway?

GO APPS!! FIGHT APPS! KICK ASS!!
Make your plans for Thanksgiving weekend.......

yosefcity
November 13th, 2005, 02:01 PM
It would make sense from a security reason to put the band in the endzone because they are a nice group that could be controled. Due to our stadium access to the field would have to be allowed to let people sit in the endzones. Allowing acess to the field for a bunch of uncontrollable students is not a good idea. Just look at the idiots that ran on the field yesterday from the bank.

AppStateMan
November 13th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Just leave the band alone. The Chancellor and Mr. Cobb both love what the band is doing and what they do for the gameday atmosphere. Notice at the beginning of the year we moved to the top corner of the stadium. The fans and Mr. Cobb did not like that. So we moved back to our original spot....

The Gadfly
November 13th, 2005, 02:35 PM
"Coastal sucks"...Sorry guys, but an Appy thread without this in it just feels naked and incomplete. ;)

ericappstate
November 13th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I'm not saying move the band to the endzone, just to one of the red zones in the student section like it has been in years past. Don't get me wrong, the band does a great job, I just cringe every game when I see those empty 100-150 seats right in the meat of the student section.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 03:07 PM
#1 A LOT of the band members love to watch the game (the ASU endzone is a terrible place to seat anyone).
#3 The band makes more noise than the student section half the time(300 members)!

So if they put us in the endzone next year, you'll see a lot of the band members drop out. Besides why change tradition at "The Rock"? What we have going on now seems to work well......

Totally agree. Students and band should be the LAST to move.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I'm not saying move the band to the endzone, just to one of the red zones in the student section like it has been in years past. Don't get me wrong, the band does a great job, I just cringe every game when I see those empty 100-150 seats right in the meat of the student section.

I like that better. However the second home game the band was moved up into the top corner. A small furor among fans resulted. Personally, if I was a band member, I would much rather be up there. Problem was, many fans like to watch the band's antics during the game. Peacock directing them was a hoot. Nice image for the chancellor to do that. Makes him like one of us fans.

Empty seats, that's only like 20 minutes of game time. They're there for the whole second half. And working! I agree it does look odd at times.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2005, 03:13 PM
"Coastal sucks"...Sorry guys, but an Appy thread without this in it just feels naked and incomplete. ;)

Dayumit, Gad. You beat me to it. I'll get you toasted Coasties first next time. :p

ericappstate
November 13th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Empty seats, that's only like 20 minutes of game time. They're there for the whole second half. And working! I agree it does look odd at times.

I mean the seats that the band doesnt use. The area has about 100 seats that aren't filled even with the band there.

yosefcity
November 13th, 2005, 07:44 PM
I got that the band would be moved there from the Mountaineer Messageboard!

GSUBass
November 13th, 2005, 08:25 PM
and I thought GSU fans complained alot.

Ya'll are getting 35 million in improvements, and there is still bickering?!?!?!

thirdgendin
November 13th, 2005, 09:42 PM

Furman moved the band to the end zone this year and many think it has added a lot to the atmosphere, making them easily audible to both sides of the stadium. I'm pretty sure Western's band is in the end zone as well.

AppStateMan
November 13th, 2005, 10:08 PM
This is not Western or Furman or GS. This is APPALACHIAN!! The band needs all of those seats for space to play, members, and equipment. Attend an Appalachian game and you'll notice the band sets the mood for the game. NEVER mess with something that works.....

BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC...ASU ENHANCEMENT
Imagine what Kidd Brewer will be like next fall when the away side stands are not accessible (IF construction begins by then). How will that hurt attendance? The dirt is calling......

thirdgendin
November 14th, 2005, 12:54 AM
This is not Western or Furman or GS. This is APPALACHIAN!! The band needs all of those seats for space to play, members, and equipment. Attend an Appalachian game and you'll notice the band sets the mood for the game. NEVER mess with something that works.....

BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC...ASU ENHANCEMENT
Imagine what Kidd Brewer will be like next fall when the away side stands are not accessible (IF construction begins by then). How will that hurt attendance? The dirt is calling......

Haha, ok.