November 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
All 1:00pm starts

St. Francis (PA) at Central Connecticut State
Sacred Heart at Monmouth
Albany at Robert Morris
Duquesne at Wagner
Bye at Bryant

who do you got?

Also, I was wondering how you every "power rank" the NEC?

Discuss

danefan
November 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Sacred Heart at Monmouth

Albany at Robert Morris ....I see the Danes clinching the NEC title for the 2nd year in a row and the 4th time in 7 years. Sets up a Gridiron Classic matchup on December 6th against the PFL Champ. (BTW if you are a mid-major basketball fan, it may be worth the trip to Albany for the day: 1pm GIC and 7pm Albany/Siena cross-town rivalry game. Not many mid-major bball games will get 15,000+ fans. This one will and it is always a great time!

Duquesne at Wagner

Bye at Bryant ....poor Bye. This is the only game Bdfan gave Bryant a chance to win this year. Please don't lose.

My NEC power rankings:
1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Sacred Heart
4. Central Conn. (can you say "implosion")
5. Bryant
6. Robert Morris
7. Duquesne
8. Wagner
9. St. Francis

Original_RMC
November 4th, 2008, 04:55 PM
CCSU needs this game to get that team pointed back in the right direction. CCSU was ready to play against RMU but early mistakes and giving big plays hurt them.
I think SFU will play them tough and will put a scare into CCSU but they will pull it out in the end

CCSU 24-21

Sacred Heart at Monmouth
Battle for 2nd place....maybe...battle for a 1st place tie...maybe. Monmouth had the NEC in their hands and then the 2nd half happen. Monmouth starts fast but SHU makes it look respectable at the end

Monmouth 31-21

Albany at Robert Morris
My upset of the year. Albany it seems start off slow in the 1st half but is able to pour it on in the 2nd half (minus the Delaware Game). Albany right now is the class of the NEC but taking on big time teams each year. Sure Albany could play lesser teams and probably go 12-0 and may get an at-large bid to the playoffs. But they choose to tackle the big boys...my hat is off to them
As for this game...I think RMU is now a dangerous team. I think they have figured out a lot of the things that cost them games earlier in the year.
RMU needs a huge 1st half from their offense because I think the Colonials have the Defense to prevent Albany from having a huge 2nd half.
Colonials come out of the gates fast but Albany gets close in the 2nd half but I think the Colonials hold on at the end and pull off the upset and shakes up the NEC

RMU 28-24

Duquesne at Wagner
Welcome to the NEC Dukes...this is not the MAAC but I'm sure they figured that out already.
Dukes escape NY with a close victory.

Duquesne 17-14

Bye at Bryant
Like I said Bryant is tough at home at the NEC teams found that out this year.

Bryant 99 - 0

--------------------------------

My NEC power rankings:
1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Sacred Heart
4. Bryant
5. Robert Morris
6. CCSU
7. Duquesne
8. Wagner
9. St. Francis

danefan
November 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if RMU made the game close or even pulled off an upset.

If that happens, and Albany beats Wagner, Albany will still win the NEC title because of head-to-head with SHU and Monmouth.

dgreco
November 4th, 2008, 05:17 PM
St. Francis (PA) at Central Connecticut State - not much to say about this one. SFPA still letting people down

Sacred Heart at Monmouth - I have been wrong on every AWAY team upset this year, but I just think SHU might be able to steal this one.

Albany at Robert Morris - Long trip, but Albany is playing for more than RMU and I think they come out with a little more enthusiasm and excitement to push them ahead.

Duquesne at Wagner - Wagner steals this one, another long trip for the Dukes. I am surprised by 5 straight NEC loses (if you include Bryant) and I think Wagner might be able to bounce back from the SHU game.

Bye at Bryant - bdfan had us also beating Merrimack I think. So thankfully he jumped off the Bryant bandwagon and is on the Rams bandwagon.

Power Rating:
1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Sacred Heart
4. Bryant/CCSU - I wonder how this game would be now that Bryant is a little more adjusted to NEC play. They lost by a TD and it was a botched 70yrd Touchdown.
5. CCSU/Bryant
6. RMU
7. Wagner
8. Duquesne
9. Saint Francis

seahawkfan2007
November 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM
St. Francis (Pa) (0-8) @ CCSU (5-4): CCSU won't let the Red Flash beat them at home. This one should not be close although St. Francis won't lay down. CCSU 34-17

Sacred Heart (8-1) @ Monmouth (5-4): Game of the week. SHU is on a mission. Monmouth will battle to the end but SHU should come out (9-1).
SHU 31-27

Albany (6-3) @ RMU (4-5): Albany is built to compete against the uppper tier of the FCS. Scheduling quality OOC teams keeps paying dividends for the Danes as they all but seal up thier second strait NEC title. Albany 38-17

Duquesne (2-6) @ Wagner (3-6): Going with the home (and mostly healed) team in this one. Wagner 27-20

Bryant (5-4) vs. BYE: Looks like the new NEC team will ultimately end up
(7-4) and (4-2) vs. the NEC. Great addition.

rmutv
November 5th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Just a heads up for Albany fans, it's senior day at Robert Morris for this game. Might be a little tougher traveling to Joe Walton Stadium and getting parking/seats.

dgreco
November 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
where are the usual suspects?

danefan
November 6th, 2008, 11:24 AM
CCSU guys are too busy trying to figure out how to get Massella back from Fordham.:D

appfan2008
November 6th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Sacred Heart at Monmouth

Albany at Robert Morris ....I see the Danes clinching the NEC title for the 2nd year in a row and the 4th time in 7 years. Sets up a Gridiron Classic matchup on December 6th against the PFL Champ. (BTW if you are a mid-major basketball fan, it may be worth the trip to Albany for the day: 1pm GIC and 7pm Albany/Siena cross-town rivalry game. Not many mid-major bball games will get 15,000+ fans. This one will and it is always a great time!

Duquesne at Wagner

Bye at Bryant ....poor Bye. This is the only game Bdfan gave Bryant a chance to win this year. Please don't lose.

My NEC power rankings:
1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Sacred Heart
4. Central Conn. (can you say "implosion")
5. Bryant
6. Robert Morris
7. Duquesne
8. Wagner
9. St. Francis

15000+ for a mm bball game? that is crazy... how many seats are there???

danefan
November 6th, 2008, 11:27 AM

Its Siena's home court (County-owned, they rent it). They tarp off the upper-deck for all regular season games except the Mayor's Cup (Albany-Siena).

its a bitter rivalry.

appfan2008
November 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
wow that sounds like fun... enjoy your saturday...

Dane96
November 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
15,000 seats.

It is getting as heated as UNC-DUKE, Louisville-Kentucky, etc. On paper, we are going to lose badly as they are a possible Sweet 16 team and we have all youngsters (8 new faces)...but we have talent.

I still suspect a semi-close game because of the rivalary. Next season will win a battle.

Since the re-incarnation of the game, it has averaged over 10,000 fans.

Dane96
November 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM

Its Siena's home court (County-owned, they rent it). They tarp off the upper-deck for all regular season games except the Mayor's Cup (Albany-Siena).

its a bitter rivalry.

Slight change-- it is 15,000 for hoops...17,500 for concerts.

Still, a crap load of people who dont like on another. Rich private snob like attitude vs. blue-collar state kids (or rich kids from Strong Island who got a better car if they wen to state school...but we make 'em middle class by the time they leave ;) )

I famously shoulder blocked a kid on the beer line last year who was talking **** about our Captain and his family. I may be 34...but...he pushed my buttons and you have to protect your own! xnodx xrulesx

danefan
November 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - off-campus arena = beer.

Big beers in the classic wax-covered paper cup. Only 2 per person at a time though, which is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully this year they will add a few more beer stations so the lines aren't as long.

Dane96
November 6th, 2008, 11:41 AM
At least they had mini-tv's circa 1983 to watch the game on in that horrendous beer line.

Ahhh...Siena......

UAalum72
November 6th, 2008, 12:56 PM
The game hasn't sold out yet, but with Siena beating Vanderbilt in the NCAAs their fans are crawling out from under their rocks.

CRAZY_DANE
November 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM

That's about all of them. Albany vs One-sport Siena is a hot ticket.

Monmouth Fan
November 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Sacred Heart at Monmouth
Albany at Robert Morris
Duquesne at Wagner
Bye at Bryant

danefan
November 7th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Pre-game Albany/RMU article:

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=737243&category=SPORTS
Expect a big day out of McCarty.

McCarty can become the school's career rushing leader on Saturday. He has 2,849 yards, 184 behind leader Gary Jones of Ravena.
Jones gained his 3,033 in two seasons (2002-03) after transferring from Hudson Valley Community College.

danefan
November 7th, 2008, 02:14 PM
NATIONAL STATISTICAL LEADERS (NEC)
National Rushing Leaders:

Rank Player G Car Net TD Avg Ydspgm
1. David Sinisi, Monmouth 9 234 1413 17 6.04 157.00
3. David McCarty, Albany (N.Y.) 9 271 1348 7 4.97 149.78
6. James Mallory, Central Conn. St. 9 239 1203 11 5.03 133.67
8. Myles Russ, Robert Morris 9 174 1109 6 6.37 123.22
9. Evin Jones, Sacred Heart 9 210 1102 12 5.25 122.44

RECEPTIONS PER GAME
Rank Player G Ct Yds TD Rec/Gm