PDA

View Full Version : undefeated vs. FCS

tingly
November 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know offhand who's undefeated in FCS vs. FCS games this year? I was gonna go through all the teams til I thought maybe someone already did the work. :) JMU and Weber are.

Grizaholic17
November 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Right On.

brownbear
November 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Weber State (lost to Hawaii and Utah)
James Madison (lost to Duke)
South Carolina State (lost to UCF and Clemson)

that's all of them

appfan2008
November 4th, 2008, 02:35 PM
not a great way to judge teams for a few reasons...

not all fcs games are created equal... asu has only one loss against fcs schools and that was to the number one team in the country!...

also weber has played zero ooc fcs schools... losing twice to fbs and beating 2 d2's doesnt do it for me...

Native
November 4th, 2008, 03:12 PM
not a great way to judge teams for a few reasons...

not all fcs games are created equal... asu has only one loss against fcs schools and that was to the number one team in the country!...

also weber has played zero ooc fcs schools... losing twice to fbs and beating 2 d2's doesnt do it for me...

xbawlingx

Skjellyfetti
November 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
losing twice to fbs and beating 2 d2's doesnt do it for me...

1 dII and 1 NAIA, right?

siuham
November 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
1 dII and 1 NAIA, right?

Correct.

And the only obviously good team they've beaten is Montana, and the only obviously good team they've beaten is Cal Poly, and everyone is whining about Cal Poly being overrated.

Now, can people see why Weber isn't in the top 5 on every poll?

KiddBrewer
November 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Appalachian State.........oh wait, *****!

GSUhooligan
November 4th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Georgia Southern, Villanova and New Hampshire are all 4 points away from being undefeated against FCS teams.

Mountain Panther
November 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Georgia Southern, Villanova and New Hampshire are all 4 points away from being undefeated against FCS teams.

And we are by 3 points.

Lost to BYU, lost on the road to SIU by a FG.

tingly
November 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I was just curious who was left. no judging xnonox

gbhmt
November 4th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Correct.

And the only obviously good team they've beaten is Montana, and the only obviously good team they've beaten is Cal Poly, and everyone is whining about Cal Poly being overrated.

You know, all that this "whining" you're talking about is saying Cal Poly isn't worth the #3 spot. I don't know if anyone could argue that they're sub top ten. And Northern Arizona isn't just a pushover. Not great, but they're decent.

Native
November 4th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Correct.

OK. I'll take the bait. The Salukis' quality wins were...

Let's see... still looking...

Guess I'll have to get back to you on that xrolleyesx

siuham
November 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
OK. I'll take the bait. The Salukis' quality wins were...

Let's see... still looking...

Guess I'll have to get back to you on that xrolleyesx

SIU fans aren't complaining about their ranking, Weber fans are. I wasn't talking SIU vs. Weber in my post.

NAU is not a pushover, but they failed their only tests of the year.

Green26
November 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I have seen Cal Poly, Weber and Montana play--and they are all very good teams. Whether they should be ranked 3rd, 5th, 7th or 9th makes no difference to me--as I don't care and don't think it's very meaningful.

My question in another thread about Cal Poly was not to question how good CP was, it was more to see some of you articulate the reason for the no. 3 ranking. When I looked at their schedule, I didn't see the justification.

Sometimes, I wonder if some of SoCon posters on this board (just some), as well as some of the other newcomers to I-AA (like the NoDakSt posters, could do with a bit more history of I-AA. Using the SoCon as an example, some (again not most) of the SoCon posters talk like the SoCon has been the top rated, or one of the top 2, conferences for years. That's just not true.

The SoCon was rated no. 1 last year and App St has won 3 nat'l championships in a row. However, the SoCon has been rated above no. 4 only one other time since 1999. In 1999, the SoCon was rated no. 2.

In reverse order, the SoCon ratings have been: 1, 5, 4, 6, 5, 5, 4 and 2.

These ratings are from Sagarin.

P.S. Nothing I've said is intended to put the SoCon down--they have become a top conference and have a long history of great teams. However, for the sake of providing some history, the top rated conference going back to 1999 is the Colonial, and the 2nd rated conference over that period is the Big Sky. The Great West was rated higher than the SoCon in '06, '05 and '04.

Native
November 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM
SIU fans aren't complaining about their ranking, Weber fans are. I wasn't talking SIU vs. Weber in my post.

NAU is not a pushover, but they failed their only tests of the year.

There are only two of us on this board, and neither of us are whining.

My opinion is that Appy and JMU deserve their top two spots. #3 could legitimately go to Montana, Weber, Cal Poly, Richmond, Villanova, Wofford...

Sorry, can't see a MV in the top four this year.

siuham
November 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
xlolx

Until Weber beats someone outside of the BSC, I'm going to remain skeptical. You're from Weber, so you'll never lose faith that they're top 3. We can talk after the first round of the play-offs.

Native
November 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM
xlolx

Until Weber beats someone outside of the BSC, I'm going to remain skeptical. You're from Weber, so you'll never lose faith that they're top 3. We can talk after the first round of the play-offs.

I think Weber is top 10 for sure, probably top five, but I honestly can't decide who should be #3.

We are just happy to be where we are and look forward to the next game.

Maybe we get to meet in the playoffs :-)

slostang
November 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
There are only two of us on this board, and neither of us are whining.

My opinion is that Appy and JMU deserve their top two spots. #3 could legitimately go to Montana, Weber, Cal Poly, Richmond, Villanova, Wofford...

Sorry, can't see a MV in the top four this year.

That is my take too. Any of them could make a claim for that spot. I would also throw in Northern Iowa to the mix.

Cal Poly is a missed 27 yard FG from being undefeated

McNeese75
November 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM

McNeese is 6 pts away xcoolx

Walkon79
November 4th, 2008, 10:29 PM
xlolx

Absolutely. I can't wait. This isn't your father's Weber State.

siuham
November 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I think Weber is top 10 for sure, probably top five, but I honestly can't decide who should be #3.

We are just happy to be where we are and look forward to the next game.

Maybe we get to meet in the playoffs :-)

I actually don't doubt this happening at all.

The committee likes to send a MoValley team out west, and we're not UNI, so it'd probably be us. Hopefully we won't have to see Montana yet again.