PDA

View Full Version : Mr. November

Chi Panther
November 4th, 2008, 10:30 AM
First off let me say this is DesMoines Register Reserach, not mine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. November?
Here's a look at how Mark Farley's record in November compares to four other prominent coaches, from 2001-present:

Coach school W-L Pct.

Jerry Moore, Appalachian St. 21-3 .875
Mark Farley, Northern Iowa 21-4 .840
Jim Tressel, Ohio State 21-4 .840
Urban Meyer, Florida 24-5 .828

clenz
November 4th, 2008, 10:39 AM

Very very important disclaimer there.

Mountain Panther
November 4th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I'd rather he be "Mr. December."

mcveyrl
November 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
So are they saying that Jerry Moore is Mr. November? That seems odd to do in Des Moines.

lizrdgizrd
November 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM
So are they saying that Jerry Moore is Mr. November? That seems odd to do in Des Moines.

The stats don't lie! :D

appmaj
November 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I'd rather he be "Mr. December."

Agreed

Mountain Panther
November 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM

Pretty sure it was for comparison.

mcveyrl
November 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM

Hey, I got my first non-alexale negative rep for that (not from a regular poster - in fact, I've never seen them post on here)!!

Somebody's a little sensitive. It was just a joke...

xpeacex

ASUMountaineer
November 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hey, I got my first non-alexale negative rep for that (not from a regular poster - in fact, I've never seen them post on here)!!

xpeacex

Wow, I remember the first one I got from Alexale, it was grey. xlolx

mcveyrl
November 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Wow, I remember the first one I got from Alexale, it was grey. xlolx

Yea, this was gray too. I just thought it was funny since I was clearly joking around.

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2008, 10:59 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. November?
Here's a look at how Mark Farley's record in November compares to four other prominent coaches, from 2001-present:

Coach school W-L Pct.

Jerry Moore, Appalachian St. 21-3 .875
Mark Farley, Northern Iowa 21-4 .840
Jim Tressel, Ohio State 21-4 .840
Urban Meyer, Florida 24-5 .828

I got him at 22-5. xconfusedx

JayJ79
November 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM

xpeacex

wow, that is a very weak thing to negrep over. sheesh.

Mountain Panther
November 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
wow, that is a very weak thing to negrep over. sheesh.

I got neg repped once for an even lesser offense. I mean, all I did was sleep with the guy's wife! C'mon!

ASUMountaineer
November 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Yea, this was gray too. I just thought it was funny since I was clearly joking around.

xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Let me be very clear about this: NOTHING is clear here on AGS. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Houndawg
November 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Let me be very clear about this: NOTHING is clear here on AGS. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Why do I have to follow you around and correct your mistakes all the time?xrolleyesx What's clear is that the mods here get the vapors over NOTHING.

xwhistlex If they could synchronize their periods maybe we could minimize the time that we have to deal with that childish nonsense.

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Why do I have to follow you around and correct your mistakes all the time?xrolleyesx What's clear is that the mods here get the vapors over NOTHING.

xwhistlex If they could synchronize their periods maybe we could minimize the time that we have to deal with that childish nonsense.

Careful. That could be construed as a personal attack... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Shellin
November 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I know the article wasn't comparing all college coaches, but it is pretty impressive that Pete Carroll is 24-0 in November since taking over in 2001.

grizband
November 4th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I know the article wasn't comparing all college coaches, but it is pretty impressive that Pete Carroll is 24-0 in November since taking over in 2001.
If only he could be 24-0 in September, he might have a couple more national titles... xlolx

FerociousCat
November 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM

xpeacex

I apologize if it was me...I attempted to give you POSITIVE points...my bad if so!