PDA

View Full Version : How low can you go

ChickenMan
November 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Anyone that was wondering why UD was struggling mightily this year.. need look no further than this very telling stat was recently posted on the Delaware 'GoHens.net' board:

Points Scored In CAA Conference play:

1 - 234 James Madison
2 - 205 New Hampshire
3 - 170 Richmond
4 - 161 William & Mary
5 - 147 Massachusetts
6 - 147 Villanova
7 - 126 Rhode Island
8 - 115 Maine
9 - 96 Towson
10 - 94 Northeastern
11 - 88 Hofstra

12 - 44 Delaware

xasswhipx

Cleets
November 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Anyone that was wondering why UD was struggling mightily this year.. need look no further than this very telling stat was recently posted on the Delaware 'GoHens.net' board:

1 - 234 James Madison
2 - 205 New Hampshire
3 - 170 Richmond
4 - 161 William & Mary
5 - 147 Massachusetts
6 - 147 Villanova
7 - 126 Rhode Island
8 - 115 Maine
9 - 96 Towson
10 - 94 Northeastern
11 - 88 Hofstra

12 - 44 Delaware

xasswhipx

Is that in four conference games..? xeekx (11 points a game avg...?)
or three..?

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
or three..?

xoopsx

I believe it's in 5...

Having said that, it was hard to watch the game on Saturday. This is clearly not your normal UD team. I hope that whatever the issue is can be worked out by next year. The defense looked good, but I think they start to get depressed watching the offense and then let down. I don't mean that as a joke; it's got to be discouraging to bust your a$$ and then be back out there in a few plays.

UD fans, is it JUST the QB situation or something else? Has the team given up since the QB situation is so broken? That's the first time I've seen UD all year.

appfan2008
November 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
if you dont score you cant win!

UNI Pike
November 3rd, 2008, 12:21 PM

Huh. Never thought of that. ;)

ValleyChamp
November 3rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
That is just funny.

andy7171
November 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
That 44 will double this weekend. Towson's defense is pathetic!

Rob Iola
November 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Basically a complete collapse at QB - OSU transfer terrible and then took 1 too many wallops to the noggin, backup (Ritacco) got an eye poked out in a street fight, other backup (Hakes) is apparently radioactive (academic issues? nobody knows...), and now starting our emergency QBs...

I wonder if MM can play QB? He certainly has the right number...

ChickenMan
November 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
UD fans, is it JUST the QB situation or something else? Has the team given up since the QB situation is so broken? That's the first time I've seen UD all year.

It ALL stems from totally inadequate QB play. Earlier in the year the problem was somewhat masked as opponents had no idea that the UD passing game was nonexistent.. but after the Furman game it became very clear that... stop the UD running game and you stop the Hens. It has snowballed since than and I have no doubt that frustration is now playing a part in that futility.

UNI Pike
November 3rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Maybe it will be like one of those heavy metal concerts, were one of the band members is "out ill" (a.k.a. backstage getting adrenaline jambed into his heart by the paramedics for an OD) and they ask an audience member to come up and sing / play guitar / drum / play QB?

They could call it "earn a scholarship day."

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2008, 12:34 PM

Why you gotta bust balls? :p

It ALL stems from totally inadequate QB play. Earlier in the year the problem was somewhat masked as opponents had no idea that the UD passing game was nonexistent.. but after the Furman game it became very clear that... stop the UD running game and you stop the Hens. It has snowballed since than and I have no doubt that frustration is now playing a part in that futility.

That's what I figured. Most of the same type of athletes are there, the UD sideline just looked apathetic.

KAUMASS
Don't you have to be at least 6'6" to play qb at UD?

ChickenMan
or three..?

CORRECTION

That is in Five conference games... 8.8 average per game xoopsx

BlueHen86
November 3rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
appfan2008 - AGS Captain Obviousxthumbsupx
xlolx

BlueHen86
November 3rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Don't you have to be at least 6'6" to play qb at UD?
Either that, or 6 feet under.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Has Bluekeys opened up the Crapsville Bar, yet???xconfusedx

dennisdent
November 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Has Bluekeys opened up the Crapsville Bar, yet???xconfusedx

What happened to Bluekeys, haven't seen any posts from him this season?

JayJ79
November 3rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Maybe it will be like one of those heavy metal concerts, were one of the band members is "out ill" (a.k.a. backstage getting adrenaline jambed into his heart by the paramedics for an OD) and they ask an audience member to come up and sing / play guitar / drum / play QB?

They could call it "earn a scholarship day."

hey, it worked for the Texas Tech kicker :p

bandl
November 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM

1 - 234 James Madison
2 - 205 New Hampshire
3 - 170 Richmond
4 - 161 William & Mary
5 - 147 Massachusetts
6 - 147 Villanova
7 - 126 Rhode Island
8 - 115 Maine
9 - 96 Towson
10 - 94 Northeastern
11 - 88 Hofstra

12 - 44 Delaware

xasswhipx

How many of the 44 are from special teams or defense? Their only TD score against JMU was on special teams.

UNI Pike
November 3rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
hey, it worked for the Texas Tech kicker :p

Did that guy have to give back the year's free rent once he got under the NCAA's eye?

Eight Legger
November 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Basically a complete collapse at QB - OSU transfer terrible and then took 1 too many wallops to the noggin, backup (Ritacco) got an eye poked out in a street fight, other backup (Hakes) is apparently radioactive (academic issues? nobody knows...), and now starting our emergency QBs...

At least it sounds like your street fighting team is doing well. What league do they play in again?

Dukie95
November 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
How many of the 44 are from special teams or defense? Their only TD score against JMU was on special teams.

4 Offensive TDs - 2 Rushes against Hofstra and 1 passing TD each agasint UMass and Maine.

Rob Iola
November 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Did that guy have to give back the year's free rent once he got under the NCAA's eye?
Was wondering that myself - or did he get at least a partial scholly (or at least a room in the athletic dorm, if they have one) to compensate?

LacesOut
November 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
UD lost Flacco and Cuff from last years team, two players who combined for something like 40+ TD's last year. Obviously they were going to struggle to replace that type of offensive production, but jeeze, I didn't think they would struggle this mightily.

It's difficult to watch that atrocious offense and play calling and I'm just a quasi-fan who has seen just a couple of quarters from a couple of games this season. I couldn't imagine being a die hard season ticket holder fan, I think I'd ask for my $$ back! And the time spent wasted from watching horrible football.

already123
November 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
we've got QB's to spare if you want one...;)

UNI Pike
November 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
UD lost Flacco and Cuff from last years team, two players who combined for something like 40+ TD's last year. Obviously they were going to struggle to replace that type of offensive production, but jeeze, I didn't think they would struggle this mightily.

It's difficult to watch that atrocious offense and play calling and I'm just a quasi-fan who has seen just a couple of quarters from a couple of games this season. I couldn't imagine being a die hard season ticket holder fan, I think I'd ask for my $$ back! And the time spent wasted from watching horrible football.

Standford has a money back guarantee for football season this year. It apparently helps to have an endowment.

After tomorrow, the gov will institute fairness in FCS, re-instituting ties, and have everyone go 0-0-11 next year xthumbsupx