PDA

View Full Version : Question About Tailgating at Villanova

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Based on Bruce Dowd's article on the JMU-VU game, there appears to be just a small area available for tailgating at 'Nova.

Is that area reserved for only Villanova backers?
Will they really shut you down if you fire up a grill in that large parking lot across US 30?
Are adult beverages in red/blue or other non-clear plastic cups tolerated?

I was shocked when I read Bruce's comments based on prior visits to Villanova, talking recently with Henfan and knowing how much the Blue Hen crowd loves their tailgating! Come on, they can't be serious about stopping adults from enjoying some food and drink? Not looking to have a drinking game convention. xrolleyesx

Please advise.

UDBlueLotFan
November 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Based on Bruce Dowd's article on the JMU-VU game, there appears to be just a small area available for tailgating at 'Nova.

Is that area reserved for only Villanova backers?
Will they really shut you down if you fire up a grill in that large parking lot across US 30?
Are adult beverages in red/blue or other non-clear plastic cups tolerated?

I was shocked when I read Bruce's comments based on prior visits to Villanova, talking recently with Henfan and knowing how much the Blue Hen crowd loves their tailgating! Come on, they can't be serious about stopping adults from enjoying some food and drink? Not looking to have a drinking game convention. xrolleyesx

Please advise.

I've never had a problem grilling or drinking there. I do pour my beer into a blue cup.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 3rd, 2008, 10:08 AM
bump

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Delaware fans get away with tailgating at nova in the lots on the other side of Rt 30 because there's no way for 2 Radnor cops to stop them. They even now set up areas specifically for Delaware tailgating because there's no way to stop 6k people from doing so. However, for non-Delaware games (and I haven't been to one at nova for a few years now) tailgating is banned from those lots and there's never enough away fans to challenge it. Odd, but then again, Radnor is an odd township.

bluehenbillk
November 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
My advice would be to find a part of the lot furthest from the entrance, maybe with an obstructed view of the entrance & away from Route 30 & set up shop, but with a back-up plan in hand if they shut you down.

For UD games it's impossible to shut down tailgating so they allow it & put the UD people all in one location. From what I've heard from VU fans (yes, some do exist, even though Saturday may not prove me wrong) they don't allow it on other games.

Tribe4SF
November 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
You can purchase a tailgate pass from their ticket office for $50, which gets you one spot, or try to arrange a group tailgate, which is what the W&M Alumni Society does when we go up there.

It's no wonder so few people want to go to Nova games!

wideright82
November 3rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
i would suggest making a call to the ticket office and seeing if you can get a tailgating pass. If not, i really don't know the policies outside of that.