PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week 11

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 36-15 (5-11 SLC)
Total: 82-29 (29-15 SLC)

Sam Houston St at Nicholls State - Nicholls has beaten two top 15 teams in their last two outings. SHSU seems to have problems in Thibodaux and even coming off the emotional high of beating SFA in a tight game at home, I just do not see the Bearkats prevailing over what I think is the best squad in the SLC. They just needed more time to become the team I expected them to become at the beginning of the year. NICHOLLS STATE

Texas State University - San Marcos at Southeastern La. - I'm going with the Lions. Bobcats have a schlep ahead of them to get to Hammond. The Lions defense has a bunch of troublemakers in Newbill and Connors. Know that GL94 will join me in picking them and I'm rooting for a complete cluster-you know what in the SLC! SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State - Sure the Jacks put up an impressive showing offensively against the Kats when you check out the stat book after the game. I was not impressed. Seemed for the most part, Moses was just doing screen time and time again. Got to figure the Pokes have a DC that can figure out their offense. McNEESE STATE

** GAME OF THE WEEK **
Northwestern State at Central Arkansas - If Scott Stoker's job was on the line, it seemed like it may have been close to being over after the Cal Poly debacle. Yet, this team is still there and has bounced back and is right in the thick of the SLC title race. With a 3-1 mark, they are the driver of the car as it relates to the AQ. This week presents a tough challenge. Can the Purple Swarm learn anything from the Colonels? Can UCA hold their home turf? I think the Bears are going to get back to their offense, score 40 points and call it a victory. NWST just snapped a 10-game SLC road losing streak this past week. Do not see them starting a winning one CENTRAL ARKANSAS

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State--Triple option eliminates Bearkats.

Texas Statevs. Southeastern LA--Lions have NEVER beaten the Bobcats. Cats play better on the road...thank GOD this game is in Louisiana!

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State--The McMen take down the Jacks in The Hole. However, I can honestly see this one going the other way as well...

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas--C'Mon Bears...just win out.

slostang
November 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
If Scott Stoker's job was on the line, it seemed like it may have been close to being over after the Cal Poly debacle.

Maybe it was not so much a debacle as it was them playing one of the better teams in the FCS this year. Cal Poly has caused more than a few debacles this year.

Cal Poly's offense is now the number one offense (487 yds/gm) and number one scoring offense (45.4 pts/gm) in the FCS. The thing that is impressive about Cal Poly's offense is that if you stack the box to stop the triple options they can throw it (last week Jonathan Dally was 22-26 for 410 yards and six TDs) and this week they ran for 459 yards in the rain.

patssle
November 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
Whitten has handled Nicholl's triple option pretty well while at SHSU, that game really could go either way.

As could McNeese/SFA.

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Whitten has handled Nicholl's triple option pretty well while at SHSU, that game really could go either way.

Whitten is 0-1 when the game is held in Thibodaux. We all know what happens to Bearkat teams that head that way...Colonels are playing very well right now. This is not the best time to be heading to the Cajun Corner.

sharkeycox
November 2nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Colonels smack Sam
Bobcats claw the Lions
Cowboys chop the Jacks
Bears cast out the Demons

blackfordpu
November 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State - Still have no faith in TW and his coaching staff/abilities. I have a hard time believing he will have the Kats ready for this one.

Texas State vs. Southeastern LA - Toss up, go with the home team.

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State - I have a feeling the Jacks are going to be hungry after giving away the last game to the Kats.

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas - In the "Battle of the Purples", gotta go with UCA at home.

Cat79
November 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Sam Houston at Nicholls State
Has Sam Houston ever beaten Nicholls State in Louisiana?

Texas State at Southeastern Louisiana
Texas State is a tremendous road team

SFA at McNeese State
Cowboys have too much horsepower

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas
Demons are on a roll. UCA is beat up.

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Sam Houston at Nicholls State
Has Sam Houston ever beaten Nicholls State in Louisiana?

SHSU-Nicholls has seen 3 of the last 4 played in Huntsville. Kats have lost last two in Thibodaux (2003, 2005).

SHSU is 4-8-1 in Louisiana against Colonels (1986, 1995, 2000 and 2001).

Cat79
November 2nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
SHSU-Nicholls has seen 3 of the last 4 played in Huntsville. Kats have lost last two in Thibodaux (2003, 2005).

SHSU is 4-8-1 in Louisiana against Colonels (1986, 1995, 2000 and 2001).

Those wins were under Randleman. TW will get his first experience this year right?

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Those wins were under Randleman. TW will get his first experience this year right?

Whitten lost there in 2005, 37-17 during our awful 3-7 campaign. He beat them both times in Huntsville, 37-7 (2006) and 16-13 (2007).

slycat
November 2nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State - Nicholls is looking scary good.

Texas State vs. Southeastern LA - A must win and its on the road. I'll take the Cats.

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State - Cowboys are at home so they should win.

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas - Please win Bears

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State
Texas State vs. Southeastern LA -
Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State

Demon Fan
November 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Maybe it was not so much a debacle as it was them playing one of the better teams in the FCS this year. Cal Poly has caused more than a few debacles this year.
Cal Poly's offense is now the number one offense (487 yds/gm) and number one scoring offense (45.4 pts/gm) in the FCS. The thing that is impressive about Cal Poly's offense is that if you stack the box to stop the triple options they can throw it (last week Jonathan Dally was 22-26 for 410 yards and six TDs) and this week they ran for 459 yards in the rain.
Amen Brother! Cal Poly is the real deal. Yeah, NSU had a couple of plays that "coula shoulda" resulted in scores, but the bottom line is CP executed seamlessly and with really good tempo and speed. Like I said, we had the chance to make the score LOOK better, but CP WAS better. Baylor blew the Demons out and so they may be 6-3 & 3-1, but they will get zero respect from these guys. Even if they win out!

JohnStOnge
November 2nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Amen Brother! Cal Poly is the real deal. Yeah, NSU had a couple of plays that "coula shoulda" resulted in scores, but the bottom line is CP executed seamlessly and with really good tempo and speed. Like I said, we had the chance to make the score LOOK better, but CP WAS better. Baylor blew the Demons out and so they may be 6-3 & 3-1, but they will get zero respect from these guys. Even if they win out!

It may be that it's just a sad commentary on the Southland but Cal Poly beat Northwestern State worse than they beat anybody this year except for 0-9 Idaho State. They beat the Bengals by 39 and they beat the Demons by 34. And they played Northwestern State on the road while they played Idaho State at home.

Cal Poly is very good on offense, no doubt. But if nobody in the Southland could do better than 52-18 against the Mustangs it's another sad year for the conference.

Somehow we've got to get better. There's more football talent in the Southland "footprint" of States than there is in the footprint of States for any of the other auto bid conferences in the country. This shouldn't be happening.

And yes, while I'm' typing this I'm thinking about how McNeese has gotten blown out in its last three playoff games. This is ridiculous given the football talent avaiable in this part of the country.

Seat16Demon
November 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Interesting thoughts but I know that the wealth of talent in SLC states is tapped and drained by every other FBS conference in America. Where do the majority of skill position players come from? The deep south.

JollyRoger550
November 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State

Texas State vs. Southeastern LA

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State

JoshUCA
November 2nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State - Nicholls on a roll!

Texas State vs. Southeastern LA - Go with home team

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State - I think McNeese pulls it off.

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas - Lot of purple in Conway this weekend...hopefully a lot of purple fans in the stands for UCA! UCA gets back on track and defends the home turf.

patssle
November 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
I'm glad everybody is picking against SHSU...because everybody is wrong this year in their picks!! xlolx

Dallas Demon
November 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
It may be that it's just a sad commentary on the Southland but Cal Poly beat Northwestern State worse than they beat anybody this year except for 0-9 Idaho State. They beat the Bengals by 39 and they beat the Demons by 34. And they played Northwestern State on the road while they played Idaho State at home.

Cal Poly is very good on offense, no doubt. But if nobody in the Southland could do better than 52-18 against the Mustangs it's another sad year for the conference.

Somehow we've got to get better. There's more football talent in the Southland "footprint" of States than there is in the footprint of States for any of the other auto bid conferences in the country. This shouldn't be happening.

And yes, while I'm' typing this I'm thinking about how McNeese has gotten blown out in its last three playoff games. This is ridiculous given the football talent avaiable in this part of the country.

Cal Poly was definitely the better team at the time, but it should be noted that we had 6 starters out because of injury that are now back on the team playing. Plus, this team has an entirely different look and feel than early on, mostly because of experience from several young players including most of the offensive line and a few in the secondary. Cal Poly was indeed outstanding, but I believe the game would be much closer should the two teams play again.

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
I'm glad everybody is picking against SHSU...because everybody is wrong this year in their picks!! xlolx

You are rooting for a SHSU win? I know I am, just picking against them because I think Nicholls State is the best team in the SLC right now.

I thought you wanted to SHSU lose out so you can make sure TW sees the door... xconfusedx

SLO_LIFE
November 3rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
Cal Poly was definitely the better team at the time, but it should be noted that we had 6 starters out because of injury that are now back on the team playing. Plus, this team has an entirely different look and feel than early on, mostly because of experience from several young players including most of the offensive line and a few in the secondary. Cal Poly was indeed outstanding, but I believe the game would be much closer should the two teams play again.

I thought Northwestern played a better game against Cal Poly than the final score indicates. And based on NW St.'s recent play, I'd have to agree that it must be a different kind of football team than it was in mid-September. But I also think Cal Poly has improved dramatically on both sides of the ball since that game, so I don't know that the score would be too much closer.

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 3rd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State --- Better stop da run Kats....And we feel your pain about playing in Thibadoux....Crazy things happen at that place.....DON'T LOOK AT THE VOODOO DOLL!!!!!! xeekx

Texas State vs. Southeastern LA --- ONLY cuz SELA hasn't beaten Texas State.....(Yet) xnonox

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State --- Which rival should I pick in this one??? Hmmm....xwhistlex

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas --- Did I mention this could get ugly????? xprayx

buckp
November 3rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Sam Houston St at Nicholls State - but my heart says Sam....:o
Texas State vs. Southeastern LA - Bobcats play good on the road, especially this road! xnodx
Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State - probably the lat time I'll see the Pokes at The Hole this year....xbawlingx
Northwestern State at Central Arkansas - still the top team in SLC this year - shame they can't go the playoffs....xsmhx

Dallas Demon
November 3rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
I thought Northwestern played a better game against Cal Poly than the final score indicates. And based on NW St.'s recent play, I'd have to agree that it must be a different kind of football team than it was in mid-September. But I also think Cal Poly has improved dramatically on both sides of the ball since that game, so I don't know that the score would be too much closer.

That is awfully scary if Cal Poly has indeed improved dramatically since that game. They were definitely clicking on all cylinders at the time.

GeauxLions94
November 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Texas State vs. Southeastern LA - Go with home team

Southeastern's the home team in this one ... but since we've never beaten them home or away, guess you're right. xbawlingx

SLO_LIFE
November 3rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
That is awfully scary if Cal Poly has indeed improved dramatically since that game. They were definitely clicking on all cylinders at the time.

I think a lot of it has to do with turnovers. There were times earlier in the season, even when the CP offense wasn't turning the ball over when the CP defense wasn't forcing enough turnovers.

GeauxLions94
November 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Sam Houston State at Nicholls State - If Bearkats were ranked 11th in the nation, I'd vote for the Colonels in a heartbeat after they picked up wins over McNeese State and Central Arkansas ... still will go with the Colonels as this game is in Thibodaux. NICHOLLS STATE

Texas State vs. Southeastern Louisiana - Final home game for Lions, who look for their first-ever win over Bobcats ... teams have played each season since Southeastern brought back football in 2003, but this is only second visit to Hammond for Bobcats ... early start should help Lions send out senior class in style. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Stephen F. Austin at McNeese State - SFA won't run over 100 plays against Cowboys, but could make it interesting ... Todd Pendland will fuel a McNeese offense that held onto the ball nearly the entire fourth quarter last week at Southeastern. McNEESE STATE

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas - One thing is certain, the Purple team will win ... Purple Swarm defense will get tested by Nathan Brown and Co. while Byron Lawrence returns home to test the UCA defense ... like the Bears in a matchup between the SLC co-leaders. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

MSU_77
November 6th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Sam Houston at Nicholls State - hoping but not necessarily believing

Texas State at Southeastern Louisiana - hoping again

SFA at McNeese State - should be okay if Pokes control the clock

Northwestern State at Central Arkansas - UCA should be favored at home