PDA

View Full Version : ATTENDENCE - 10-31 to 11-2

RabidRabbit
November 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Congrats to App St. 31K+ for the Friday night game.

SDSU hosting MoSt, an embarassing 6,117 for a nice blow out win.

ASU88
November 1st, 2008, 03:59 PM
I think it was actually JUST under 31K. 30,900+. But thanks!

It's a shame for some of these schools to play such good football (SDSU, Richmond) and have trouble drawing crowds.

Grizaholic17
November 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM
I didn't stay for the official reading of the Griz Game, but it would have been a new record. I'm guessing around 25,500. Most students, like myself, had issues staying the game because of halloween. xoopsx

bulldog10jw
November 1st, 2008, 04:41 PM
11,870 at the Bowl for Columbia. Look like more on TV.

UNI Pike
November 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM
UNI @ WIU 10,258, with about 1-2K +/- being panther fans

Proud Griz Man
November 1st, 2008, 04:53 PM
I didn't stay for the official reading of the Griz Game, but it would have been a new record. I'm guessing around 25,500. Most students, like myself, had issues staying the game because of halloween. xoopsx

Montana Grizzlies Football
Northern Arizona vs Montana (Nov 01, 2008 at Missoula, MT)
Northern Arizona (6-3,4-2) vs. Montana (8-1,4-1)
Date: Nov 01, 2008 Site: Missoula, MT Stadium: Washington-Grizzly
Attendance: 24003

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Northern Arizona. . . . 0 0 3 7 - 10
Montana. . . .......... 14 17 7 7 - 45

Kickoff time: 12:05 pm End of Game: 2:55 Total elapsed time: 2:50
Officials: Referee: Jim Lenau; Umpire: Tom Pontarelli; Linesman: Bob Day;
Line judge: Tony Stoddard; Back judge: Tad Campbell; Field judge: Sean Standley;
Side judge: Joe Yraguen; Scorer: David Feeley;
Temperature: 41 Wind: Weather: Overcast

Grizzaholic
November 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Personally I think 24 is a stretch. There were a lot of empty seats as well as a bunch of students missing.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM
8082 for North Dakota @ SIU.

Military Appreciation Day...Was a beautiful day, sad to see so few people there.

furman94
November 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
Very few at Samford, but might I say that both teams fans were very electric the whole game!

BeauFoster
November 1st, 2008, 05:14 PM
Very few at Samford, but might I say that both teams fans were very electric the whole game!

On TV it looked like there were as many Furman fans as Samford, if you take out the band attendance.

furman94
November 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
I agree, we had a very loud crowd there. Every touchdown we had, you could hear the Purple Crowd humming the fight song :D. Samford had a small band, but brought in another that played at halftime.

Ivytalk
November 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
4111 at Hanover for the Harvard-Dartmouth game.

Col Hogan
November 1st, 2008, 08:52 PM
7201 at Kingston, RI for UMass/URI

ngineer
November 1st, 2008, 09:28 PM
2,053 at Georgetown to see the Hoyas play the Mountain Hawks of Lehigh, and 1,300 of those in attendance were cheering for the boys in Brown!

Poly Pigskin
November 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Not sure about the numbers, but Spanos stadium looks to be around half full, maybe a little more, from what I can see on the webcast. Not terrible, considering it's raining pretty good and we're playing 0-8 Idaho State.

OldSouth
November 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM
30931. A new Appalachian record. An Appsolutely awesome crowd.

AppinATL
November 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
On TV it looked like there were as many Furman fans as Samford, if you take out the band attendance.

You know it's not a big crowd when you can actually hear the players talking to each other on the field during the telecast.

ericsaid
November 2nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
30931. A new Appalachian record. An Appsolutely awesome crowd.

Was the loudest game i've been to at KBS apart from the UR semifinal game. Should've handed out the bam bams Friday instead of last week or yellow towels or something just to show a lot of movement in the stands on t.v. Makes the game more attractive and exciting IMO.

madisonfan87
November 2nd, 2008, 12:27 AM
16,810 @ JMU

poly51
November 2nd, 2008, 12:33 AM
Cal Poly had 7014 in the rain.

Grizaholic17
November 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
Personally I think 24 is a stretch. There were a lot of empty seats as well as a bunch of students missing.

Sorry about that, next time halloween is on a friday, remind us students that there is a game the next day. OUR BAD!

Tons of empty seats, you lazy season ticket holders. :p Should have been all filled up if all of you showed up. Looks like you might have been doing the same as us students! :p

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2008, 06:35 AM
5297 in Durham.....by far the smallest crowd of the year

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 2nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
5297 in Durham.....by far the smallest crowd of the year

And an absolutely pitiful showing by the student body! xsmhx xsmhx Were there even 25 in attendance? Based on a first hand observation, it's not like they all went to Boston for the hockey game with Northeastern.

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

slostang
November 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Not sure about the numbers, but Spanos stadium looks to be around half full, maybe a little more, from what I can see on the webcast. Not terrible, considering it's raining pretty good and we're playing 0-8 Idaho State.

7,014. Not great, but not bad considering the weather and the opponents record.

wkuhillhound
November 2nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
18,879 for WKU's Homecoming loss (2nd straight) to North Texas. Much improved from two weeks ago. xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Was halloween an attendence issue with student sections every place?

Edge316007
November 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Not in Boone. It was packed extra early actually, probably because everyone wanted to get on TV

pbr1893
November 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
That's why I'm against changing venue for "domed" warmer climate. Except for the possibility of Charleston's Citadel location, leave it in Chatty.
Sadly, and this is not pointed at any schools, but there are die-hard fans and then those who just go for the party. 7-10,000 home attendance will not represent well in an "away" championship game. Move it to a longer travelled location and watch the numbers drop. Will Wagner St. and Cal Poly fill the place? One thing for sure, if App and JMU meet again in Chatty, the NCAA will re-think it's position of not wanting to put temp seats in the endzone! This will draw the biggest crowd ever! These teams and fans just don't like each other!
Lastly, don't change the date...people have too many obligations between XMas and New Years and could hurt attendance as well.

X-Factor
November 2nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
16,211 in attendance against lowly Indiana State. That had to have been our lowest turnout in a few years xsmhx I guess you can't expect fans to turn out for an opponent that is 1-47 over the last few years.

TheBisonator
November 2nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
16,211 in attendance against lowly Indiana State. That had to have been our lowest turnout in a few years xsmhx I guess you can't expect fans to turn out for an opponent that is 1-47 over the last few years.

Actually, 16,211 is our highest low crowd for a season in NDSU history. Our low crowd last year was 15,796 against Southern Utah and in 2006 it was 14,706 vs. Cal-Poly.

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
There did not seem to be 10k in attendance at Macomb. I assume Halloween and Illinois at home vs Iowa had something to do with that, but UNI fans showed up in force at Hanson Field.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Not in Boone. It was packed extra early actually, probably because everyone wanted to get on TV

You guys don't count in my question.

Friday night game.....not the "hard to wake up for" saturday afternoon game.xsmiley_wix

appstate1998
November 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
That's why I'm against changing venue for "domed" warmer climate. Except for the possibility of Charleston's Citadel location, leave it in Chatty.
Sadly, and this is not pointed at any schools, but there are die-hard fans and then those who just go for the party. 7-10,000 home attendance will not represent well in an "away" championship game. Move it to a longer travelled location and watch the numbers drop. Will Wagner St. and Cal Poly fill the place? One thing for sure, if App and JMU meet again in Chatty, the NCAA will re-think it's position of not wanting to put temp seats in the endzone! This will draw the biggest crowd ever! These teams and fans just don't like each other!
Lastly, don't change the date...people have too many obligations between XMas and New Years and could hurt attendance as well.

Has much changed in the past year. I haven't made any home games this year because we have added too many clients that like for me to work on their servers on weekends blah....but I've always enjoyed JMU fans. Maybe because I had friends from JMU, but we tailgated together at both sites and they were treated great while visiting App and I was treated great visting JMU.

pbr1893
November 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Well, I shouldn't have been so pointed but right now there is definitely a healthy rival among teams and fans. As the old saying goes "to the victors go the spoils." Right now JMU are the victors and damn it, we want our spoils back! Hopefully we'll meet again and I'll guarantee one thing. Everything will be left out on the field by both sides!

appstate1998
November 2nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
I forgot to mention....I watched the Furman and Samford game and I must say...Samfords stadium is "cute and cuddly"

AppStsGr8
November 2nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
App was helped by ESPN and by absolutely perfect late October weather - not a cloud in the sky, not much wind (amazing in Boone), and not really cold. Combine those things with the awesome rivalry with Wofford and you get a record crowd.

Silenoz
November 2nd, 2008, 08:13 PM

I noticed far too many empty seats

UDBlueLotFan
November 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM
What a disgrace on ESPN. Akron/Toledo had what looked to 100 people, ie,. bands, students, general pop. there tonight. What an embarassement at the Rubber Bowl. YSU wouldn't let that happen!!

appfan2008
November 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I was very impressed with the turnout at app I was very worried that attendance would suffer but it didnt... also the atmosphere was incredible... my section stood nearly the whole time (upper deck east side) and was totally packed out... both of which were firsts for that section...

grizbeer
November 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Sorry about that, next time halloween is on a friday, remind us students that there is a game the next day. OUR BAD!

Tons of empty seats, you lazy season ticket holders. :p Should have been all filled up if all of you showed up. Looks like you might have been doing the same as us students! :pI think the election might have had some effect on attendance as well - a lot of students and other folks out banging on doors for Obama last weekend.

I suspect things will be back to normal for ISU.

RabidRabbit
November 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Actually, 16,211 is our highest low crowd for a season in NDSU history. Our low crowd last year was 15,796 against Southern Utah and in 2006 it was 14,706 vs. Cal-Poly.

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix What? Don't expect your crowd to drop for the last home game of the season?:p

If it does drop, let me know, many Rabbit fans looking for tix.

AppChicago
November 6th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I was very impressed with the turnout at app I was very worried that attendance would suffer but it didnt... also the atmosphere was incredible... my section stood nearly the whole time (upper deck east side) and was totally packed out... both of which were firsts for that section...

The atmosphere at that game was electric. I was lucky enough to be at KBS for Black Saturday and Halloween. Black Saturday was fun, but nothing... nothing compared to Halloween. Between the lights, the costumes, the general carnival atmosphere, and the scorefest we saw, it was one of the most ridiculous App games I've ever been to.

And loud! Those new stands really make that place resonate. It's crazy to do the "App!" "State!" thing with the East and West sides and hear both sides shake the stadium with their yell. Fun times.

813Jag
November 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM
10,354 for Senior Night against UAPB, not a good turnout. xnonono2x

jackmd
November 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Going to be a low number in Brookings, SD on Saturday for the Jackrabbit game. Snow is expected to fall tonight and then temps in the low 30's with winds in the 30 mph range for the weekend. We might not see 2000 fans. I'll be there.

Big Dawg
November 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
16,205 BUT Pictures say otherwise...FAMU's stadium holds 25,500

I found these on MEACFans
http://api.ning.com/files/2azte8mX7a7RQPZxXQZOOATl1M50eJ7m3jXvoi8G6aT3DIYZXQ 5OQ8lPCMFmE3dGsE75nR8wRjTfKWZKXZNUKghkkFjCRFsS/FAMU_Homecoming_08347.JPG?width=737&height=552
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp226/tlangjr/FAMU%20Homecoming%202008/2008FAMUHomecoming024.jpg