PDA

View Full Version : SCSU routs Morgan St., 65-15 on Senior night

R.A.
November 10th, 2005, 11:33 PM
SCSU routs Morgan St., 65-15 on Senior night
By THOMAS GRANT, JR., T&D Senior Sports Writer

If the objective was to ’win pretty’ before a nationally-televised audience, then 17th-ranked South Carolina State had a beautiful night on Thursday at Oliver C. Dawson Stadium.

With DeShawn Baker leading a procession of teammates who enjoyed career highs with four touchdown runs and 102 yards, the Bulldogs routed Morgan State 65-15 for their third straight win before 10,993 fans who helped set a new single-season school record for attendance at five home games.

It was the most points scored by SCSU in the Oliver “Buddy” Pough era and most since 1992 when it posted 69 points in a 1992 shutout of North Carolina Central. The game was especially memorable on offense for several Bulldog players who established new career plateaus and helped the team amass 607 total yards...

AppGuy04
November 11th, 2005, 07:32 AM
DUH!

and not even 11,000 after offering a 2 for 1?

Bulldog87
November 11th, 2005, 08:15 AM
There were more than 11,000 at the game more like 13-15,000. SCSU students aren't counted in the annonced attendance nor are free tickets. I get your point but remember the game was played on a weekenight and wouldn't end until 10:30-11pm. We would've had 20,000 on a Saturday night for this one.

bigbluetiger
November 11th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Bulldog,

I don't won't speak for you or your fans but don't you normally have alot of fans from out of town? I know a few in Atlanta. I wouild think that had somthing to do with the attenance.

Hamptongal
November 11th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Bulldog,

I don't won't speak for you or your fans but don't you normally have alot of fans from out of town? I know a few in Atlanta. I wouild think that had somthing to do with the attenance.
If this game had been on a weekend it would have been much bigger. People can't travel as much during the week and the last game I went to last year at SCST, v. Hampton was packed.

Punchykky
November 11th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I think SCSU just made a statement to the selection committee to make the sweet sixteen! :eek: :nod: Plus, their 2 losses were to ranked teams, too? :nod:

TypicalTribe
November 11th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I think SCSU just made a statement to the selection committee to make the sweet sixteen! :eek: :nod: Plus, their 2 losses were to ranked teams, too? :nod:

This game does not change their situation. They still need some teams to lose to make the field.

dbackjon
November 11th, 2005, 11:05 AM
This game does not change their situation. They still need some teams to lose to make the field.

Well, it helps a lot more than a close win or a loss..... :)

TypicalTribe
November 11th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Well, it helps a lot more than a close win or a loss..... :)

Well, sure, but what I meant was that winning by 30 or winning by 50 doesn't really make a difference. Morgan St is one of the worst teams in I-AA, so there was no way to really exceed expectations in this game. SCSU will not jump over anyone for at-large consideration as a result of this win.

89Hen
November 11th, 2005, 11:22 AM
They still need some teams to lose to make the field.
Fortunately for them, some of those teams play against some others of those teams so it's bound to happen. :nod: They very well could be THE bubble team this year at 16/17.

Punchykky
November 11th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Well, sure, but what I meant was that winning by 30 or winning by 50 doesn't really make a difference. Morgan St is one of the worst teams in I-AA, so there was no way to really exceed expectations in this game. SCSU will not jump over anyone for at-large consideration as a result of this win.

I find your lack of faith disturbing, young Skywalker! :D

R.A.
November 11th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Fortunately for them, some of those teams play against some others of those teams so it's bound to happen. :nod: They very well could be THE bubble team this year at 16/17.

-Agreed.