PDA

View Full Version : A10 releases composite schedule

Umass74
April 27th, 2005, 02:46 PM
The A10 has released the composite schedule for the whole league.

Can we have a discussion on the strongest--weakest without it turning in to a peeing contest.

http://www.atlantic10.org/releases/attachments/200542792613662122226-1.pdf

GannonFan
April 27th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I still go with Northeastern having the hardest - OOC they are at Youngstown, home against Georgia Southern, and at Northwestern St. Youngstown may not be any good but the other two are likely conference favorites. The only spot they are spared is that they don't have UD or JMU on the schedule. For the easiest there is JMU with an OOC of Coastal Carolina, Lock Haven, and Delaware St, but JMU also has road games at UMass, at Hofstra, at W&M, and at UD - tough conference road slate. I'll go with Towson, who has an OOC of Liberty, Lock Haven, and Morgan St.

Umass74
April 27th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Holy Crap! we've got a real football discussion that's lasted two replies now.

Easiest, I have to go with JMU, mostly because they will outclass the OOC schedule so strongly. Their composite score against CC, lock Haven and Delaware State will be about 120-6. Towson's schedule is comparably weak, but they will have to be satisfied by winning all three games.

Toughest has to be Northeastern. Looks like a who's who of 1-AA football

GannonFan
April 27th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I wasn't taking into account the relative strength of a JMU versus a Towson - just looking at their schedules. I still think JMU's got a tough road slate in the A10 - all four games are actually ones they could easily lose (I don't see them doing that though). Playing at UD is obviously tough, Hofstra is very tough in Hempstead on their turf field, and UMass and W&M are grass fields so different from what JMU plays on (I assume they are still artificial turf?).

LetsGoNova
April 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Can I get some love for our schedule with 3, count 'em, 3 home games and a I-A in Rutgers to lead of the season? :bang:

GannonFan
April 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Can I get some love for our schedule with 3, count 'em, 3 home games and a I-A in Rutgers to lead of the season? :bang:

Well, it's technically 5 home games, but even with not counting the Penn game (a nova home game played at Penn's stadium) there are still 4 - Northeastern, Rhode Island, William and Mary, and Delaware. Even a tougher schedule when you consider there are no bye weeks. You do get an easier slate of the North teams though, with URI, Northeastern, and UNH (not greatly easy with UNH in there but easier than it could be).

umassfan
April 27th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I wasn't taking into account the relative strength of a JMU versus a Towson - just looking at their schedules. I still think JMU's got a tough road slate in the A10 - all four games are actually ones they could easily lose (I don't see them doing that though). Playing at UD is obviously tough, Hofstra is very tough in Hempstead on their turf field, and UMass and W&M are grass fields so different from what JMU plays on (I assume they are still artificial turf?).

I dont know if UMass has installed their new field turf yet or will do it this summer or even after this season is done but by 2006 UMass will have field turf. My main point, it was sopose to be installed this offseason.

Tribe4SF
April 27th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Northeastern schedule looks awfully tough. Villanova will have to put new tires on the bus before seasons end. JMU has tough in conference road trips.

W&M has favorable schedule with I-A Marshall, VMI and URI road trips to open. We then get Liberty at home and a week off before UNH comes to Williamsburg. Plenty of time to settle QB questions before hitting the meat of the A-10. Also get UD and JMU at home. I'm not complaining. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :smiley_wi

JMU2004
April 27th, 2005, 07:25 PM
recently it seems like the road team always wins the JMU-WM games

Tribe4SF
April 27th, 2005, 08:25 PM
The last 3 games anyway. I'd still rather be at home, and I'm sure you would too.

JMU2004
April 27th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Yep....of course I would want the game at home. But with the way that JMU and W&M fans travel for this game, the advantage isn't as big as some would think. Im sure ya'll had over 2k at the game in Harrisonburg, and I know we had over 3300 in Williamsburg.

Tribe4SF
April 28th, 2005, 06:33 AM
You're right on that. Let's hope that the new wave of fan interest at both schools continues, especially student interest. The students from both sides were awesome at the semi-final (including the streaker).

bluehenbillk
April 28th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Northeastern & Richmond IMO have the toughest schedules. Hofstra has a helluva 3 week stretch too playing @ Furman, home against JMU & @ UD all in a row. In the South W&M seems to have a favorable schedule playing UNH, JMU & UD all in W-Burg, JMU plays the softest OOC schedule & UD has a benefit in playing 7 home games.

89Hen
April 28th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I still think UNH has a very favorable A10 schedule. They miss JMU and UD, they get at Towson as one of their other South games, their toughest A10 game is perhaps at UMass, but even that is sandwiched by Northeastern and Hofstra. They really don't have a 'tough stretch' on the schedule.

bkrownd
April 29th, 2005, 04:40 AM
I dont know if UMass has installed their new field turf yet or will do it this summer or even after this season is done but by 2006 UMass will have field turf. My main point, it was sopose to be installed this offseason.

Can they move the McGuirk grass to Garber? Please?

umassfan
April 29th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Can they move the McGuirk grass to Garber? Please?
Wouldnt be shocked if garber gets the new field turf shortly too...