Lulu
October 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Let's hear it? :(

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2008, 09:20 PM
wofford

Syntax Error
October 31st, 2008, 09:22 PM
wofford#3 losing to #2 is most significant??????? I always think high ranked teams losing to much lower ranked teams is more significant.

Lulu
October 31st, 2008, 09:26 PM
#3 losing to #2 is most significant??????? I always think high ranked teams losing to much lower ranked teams is more significant.

:p

little lulu :p also

cats2506
October 31st, 2008, 09:27 PM
it is significant when they lose by playing defense like this

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 31st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Lets just say that Wofford is 'leader in the club house'...

KiddBrewer
October 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
W O F F O R D

KiddBrewer
October 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
you lose by 46, its significant, i would argue.....most significant

UNHWildCats
October 31st, 2008, 10:16 PM
#3 losing to #2 is most significant??????? I always think high ranked teams losing to much lower ranked teams is more significant.
if you lose by 70 you get smacked with a big "PRETENDER" label and get most significant loss :p

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2008, 10:20 PM

A top 10 team losing to a bottom feeder would dwarf this./

ERASU2113
October 31st, 2008, 11:10 PM

It wouldn't be if the score was a 3-5 pt difference...but come on. 70-24 is pretty embarrasing for a #2 to a #3.

Appaholic
October 31st, 2008, 11:14 PM
It wouldn't be if the score was a 3-5 pt difference...but come on. 70-24 is pretty embarrasing for a #2 to a #3.

Not only embarrasing, but piling on by App, classless by App, unfair to Wofford, embarrassing to FCS in general.....did I forget anything?xcoffeex

appstate1998
October 31st, 2008, 11:16 PM
prob Delaware beating the Dukes 37-24 tomorrow

ERASU2113
October 31st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Not only embarrasing, but piling on by App, classless by App, unfair to Wofford, embarrassing to FCS in general.....did I forget anything?xcoffeex

I totally agree....mainly with the embarrassment to FCS. When you have two high ranked teams playing...you want it to be a good game. Especailly when it's for a division that doens't get much notice.

ASU blowing them out...probably had most households in the US turn the game off at halftime. It wasn't a game. If it was a game won at the last minute - it would have helped FCS a ton. Given the divison more exposure. Now what does a game like this do? Give FCS only playoff games on TV?

Rob Iola
October 31st, 2008, 11:19 PM
McCain

appstate1998
October 31st, 2008, 11:20 PM
at least every other comment from the announcers wasn't about the Heisman this year.

CamelCityAppFan
October 31st, 2008, 11:23 PM

you forgot the part about when the App starters were finally pulled (they should have been pulled in the first quarter, those b@stards), they roamed wild in rural Watuaga County and stole candy from underprivileged trick or treaters....

Syntax Error
October 31st, 2008, 11:24 PM
A top 10 team losing to a bottom feeder would dwarf this.Exactly, but they might run up the score by trying fourth down pass plays when they already lead by 40?

Syntax Error
October 31st, 2008, 11:26 PM
Not only embarrasing, but piling on by App, classless by App, ... embarrassing to FCS in generalNope. I'll add that to my sig. jk. xlolx

Syntax Error
October 31st, 2008, 11:29 PM
you forgot the part about when the App starters were finally pulledSome App starters finished the game. xnodx

Appaholic
October 31st, 2008, 11:32 PM
you forgot the part about when the App starters were finally pulled (they should have been pulled in the first quarter, those b@stards), they roamed wild in rural Watuaga County and stole candy from underprivileged trick or treaters........and emptied the fridge, kicked the dog and chopped down their favorite tree as they were leaving....xcoffeex

ASU88
October 31st, 2008, 11:36 PM
....and emptied the fridge, kicked the dog and chopped down their favorite tree as they were leaving....xcoffeex

... and stole beer from drunken, costumed college kids! (Gasp!!!)

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2008, 11:36 PM
I mean it is so far the most significant due to the margin of victory, but if Idaho State beats Cal Poly tomorrow or something like that you have to call that the most significant loss even if it is by a point or slightly more.

FYI: Was not trying to pick on Cal Poly but it is was a top 5 team playing a very very bad team. I am sure Cal Poly will roll I was just trying to give an example.

coover
November 1st, 2008, 01:37 AM
I mean it is so far the most significant due to the margin of victory, but if Idaho State beats Cal Poly tomorrow or something like that you have to call that the most significant loss even if it is by a point or slightly more.

As a Cal Poly Alum, I approve of your use of this example, and you are correct. I expect the game to be over by half time and I expect a classy Coach, Ellerson, to pull most of his Offensive starters for the rest of the game. He will not run up the score on ISU as some other teams have done or would have done. Defensively, he may leave most of the starters in as Idaho State really does have a passing game (they're top 10 FCS in that category).

By the way, the Wofford loss to a nameless team that does not have a classy Coach is significant as I would expect that the loss may ... and I repeat may ... knock them completely out of the top 10 (whether they should be is another matter, Wofford is still a great FCS team).

GGASU
November 1st, 2008, 01:47 AM
syntax....

ASU could have scored 100 if they wanted to.

On the other hand the Salukis couldn't score 70 in 5 games combined against Wofford....just hope you get the Terriers in the first round....no on wants to come to Boone for a beat down.

jmu_duke07
November 1st, 2008, 02:09 AM
I totally agree....mainly with the embarrassment to FCS. When you have two high ranked teams playing...you want it to be a good game. Especailly when it's for a division that doens't get much notice.

ASU blowing them out...probably had most households in the US turn the game off at halftime. It wasn't a game. If it was a game won at the last minute - it would have helped FCS a ton. Given the divison more exposure. Now what does a game like this do? Give FCS only playoff games on TV?

Yea, they should have picked a better conference to highlight an FCS game... Like the CAA xnodx

GGASU
November 1st, 2008, 02:25 AM
Yea, they should have picked a better conference to highlight an FCS game... Like the CAA xnodx

Please....5 out of the last 9 national champions came from the southern conference...soon to be 6 out of 10.

The CAA is just a bunch of average teams beating up on each other...JMU would be 5-3 right now in the southern con.....

just pray that you go undefeated and get to stay at home.....you will suffer a similar fate as the Terriers in Boone.

Peems
November 1st, 2008, 02:31 AM
Please....5 out of the last 9 national champions came from the southern conference...soon to be 6 out of 10.

The CAA is just a bunch of average teams beating up on each other...JMU would be 5-3 right now in the southern con.....

just pray that you go undefeated and get to stay at home.....you will suffer a similar fate as the Terriers in Boone.

Didn't JMU beat the best team in the SoCon, and so far the rest of the SoCon hasn't exactly been "top notch"

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 02:31 AM

Haha this is funny. ASU finally has a big win and now they're back to their usual selves xnodx xnodx Humility out the door!

GGASU
November 1st, 2008, 02:38 AM
Haha this is funny. ASU finally has a big win and now they're back to their usual selves xnodx xnodx Humility out the door!

Just reality.....ASU would be favored against anyone in the CAA at a neutral site.

The sun shined on your Duke's ass earlier in the year....but that time has come and gone. you won't stay within single digits next time...

Any amount that you want to put up will be matched.....JMU +9

th0m
November 1st, 2008, 02:49 AM
I can't help it that the supposed #3 team spots you five turnovers... You played a real team this year, and lost. Now come back when we play each other in the playoffs, when your head probably has taken on gargantuan proportions (or you've tripped up, and we won't see you for a long, long time).

Native
November 1st, 2008, 04:58 AM
... but if Idaho State beats Cal Poly tomorrow ...

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Native
November 1st, 2008, 05:02 AM
I totally agree....mainly with the embarrassment to FCS. When you have two high ranked teams playing...you want it to be a good game. Especaily when it's for a division that doesn't get much notice.

A thoughtful, relevant point! xbowx xbowx xbowx

The Cats
November 1st, 2008, 06:53 AM

For once Appaholic, you see the light !!!!!! xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

(and yeah, I know it was sarcasm.......)

Rob Iola
June 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM
McCain