PDA

View Full Version : UNI @ WIU

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 02:55 PM
Should be an excellent game in Macomb.

bodoyle
October 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM
I'm trying to talk my brother, WIU '01 to go to the game with me, but since his wife owns his balls, we will have to see.

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'll be there. Probably sitting on the student side. They are better seats plus have the concessions right there as well.

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2008, 03:27 PM
A little history for the uninformed:

Due to the mixed up schedule of the XDSUs joining the league, this will be our second year in a row going to Macomb.

WIU spoiled our playoff chances in 2006 by beating us in the Dome. That was one of the most frustrating games I've even seen.

Last years was payback as we cruised to a 42-3 victory.

This is a good rivalry as Macomb is the closed MVFC town to Cedar Falls and we quite often fight over the same recruits.

We'll be starting our 2nd string QB for the second week in a row. Davis got some good experience beating YSU on the road last weekend.

Go Panthers!

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 03:30 PM
A little history for the uninformed:

Due to the mixed up schedule of the XDSUs joining the league, this will be our second year in a row going to Macomb.

WIU spoiled our playoff chances in 2006 by beating us in the Dome. That was one of the most frustrating games I've even seen.

Last years was payback as we cruised to a 42-3 victory.

This is a good rivalry as Macomb is the closed MVFC town to Cedar Falls and we quite often fight over the same recruits.

We'll be starting our 2nd string QB for the second week in a row. Davis got some good experience beating YSU on the road last weekend.

Go Panthers!

Thanks, I should have provided this information in my first post! I can add that UNI has won 4 of the last 5 in Macomb, while Western has won 3 of the last 4 in Cedar Falls.

siuham
October 31st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Going to be an amazing game, that's all I know. As to who the winner will be...

Find a coin.

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2008, 03:52 PM
Nice to see we're getting no love in the poll so far, considering we're ranking higher.

OL FU
October 31st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Nice to see we're getting no love in the poll so far, considering we're ranking higher.

People love underdogsxnodx

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM
This game is at 12:00 central? I thought is was at 5:00 central.

siuham
October 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM

A ranked Home team playing a ranked Away team that is less than 10 spots from them in polls isn't going to get looked over. Don't take it as an affront.

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 04:11 PM
This game is at 12:00 central? I thought is was at 5:00 central.

Game is at 12:00 p.m. central. It was originally scheduled for 6:05 p.m. up until two months ago. Not sure why it was changed.

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2008, 04:18 PM
Game is at 12:00 p.m. central. It was originally scheduled for 6:05 p.m. up until two months ago. Not sure why it was changed.

You're not going to pull any of the old high school tricks like watering down the field the night before the game or let the grass grow really high, are ya?

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 04:29 PM
You're not going to pull any of the old high school tricks like watering down the field the night before the game or let the grass grow really high, are ya?

You never know what will happen in Macomb.

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2008, 04:31 PM
You never know what will happen in Macomb.

The only away Gateway game I ever went to was in Macomb. I was standing in line at concessions and asked the girl in front of me how many students go there. She had NO idea. I couldn't believe how uninformed a student could be about their own school.

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 04:34 PM
The only away Gateway game I ever went to was in Macomb. I was standing in line at concessions and asked the girl in front of me how many students go there. She had NO idea. I couldn't believe how uninformed a student could be about their own school.

Pretty sad. I'm sure there are students like that at every university.
Enrollment usually hovers between 12,000-13,000.

Mountain Panther
October 31st, 2008, 04:35 PM
Enrollment usually hovers between 12,000-13,000.

Another reason why our schools are so similiar.

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 04:37 PM
Another reason why our schools are so similiar.

Unfortunately our basketball program is in shambles. I would love to have a competitive program. I don't that is asking too much considering our conference consists of only two consistently strong programs, Oral Roberts and IUPUI.

skinny_uncle
October 31st, 2008, 04:53 PM
This is a critical game, especially if we end up having to sort out a tie at the top at the end of the season.

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately our basketball program is in shambles. I would love to have a competitive program. I don't that is asking too much considering our conference consists of only two consistently strong programs, Oral Roberts and IUPUI.

It's funny to hear IUPUI mentioned as consitently strong. :D

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2008, 06:20 PM
This is a critical game, especially if we end up having to sort out a tie at the top at the end of the season.

Hopefully there is no tie. We want to win out, and have you guys lose to WIU. :D

skinny_uncle
October 31st, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hopefully there is no tie. We want to win out, and have you guys lose to WIU. :D
But that was our gameplan.
xwhistlex

crunifan
October 31st, 2008, 08:11 PM
I mean I understand the tie breaker, but I just think it is funny that UNI's current losses are on the road to SIU by three (we turned the ball over 5 times xsmhx ) and at BYU (where we were only down by 10 at the start of the 4th quarter). And now we have to travel to Macomb for the second straight year and we probably won't make the playoffs if we lose to WIU and have a record of 9-3.

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah it would be pathetic if we lost tomorrow and win out after that and not make the playoffs. I mean if that is the case and WIU and SIU win out (other than whoever loses to each other) there should be 3 Valley teams in the playoffs.

Native
November 1st, 2008, 05:32 AM

Sagarin rates Western Illinois 5 places above and a point and a half higher than Northern Iowa.

JayJ79
November 1st, 2008, 05:40 AM
Thanks, I should have provided this information in my first post! I can add that UNI has won 4 of the last 5 in Macomb, while Western has won 3 of the last 4 in Cedar Falls.

I prefer the stat the UNI has won 4 of the last 4 in Macomb. But I suppose you can throw that 5th one (the '99 game) in there if it makes you feel better. :p

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ok, who where to the cheese balls actually think WIU had a chance??????

xeekx DUMB!!!!xeekx

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Sagarin rates Western Illinois 5 places above and a point and a half higher than Northern Iowa.

Who gives a $#!T....

What was the score last year.....

crunifan
November 1st, 2008, 02:35 PM
I was hoping for UNI to win, but I didn't expect a blowout two years in a row!

UNI up 30-6!

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:38 PM
I was hoping for UNI to win, but I didn't expect a blowout two years in a row!

UNI up 30-6!

UNI has put up 30 on WIU with a CLOSED playbook....xcoffeex

TCisMYhero
November 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM

xcoffeex

crunifan
November 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM
With how Zach Davis has played today, we Panther fans have a lot to look forward to at the QB position for the next few years.

Mountain Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:42 PM
People love underdogsxnodx

I got somethin' for you to love....

;)

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM
I got somethin' for you to love....

;)

I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with WIU.....9 points in 2 years is a joke....

TCisMYhero
November 1st, 2008, 02:44 PM
With how Zach Davis has played today, we Panther fans have a lot to look forward to at the QB position for the next few years.

John Shaw, Jerred Herring, Josh Collins. We have a nice core.

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
UNI has run 35 Tail Back dives......xrolleyesx

crunifan
November 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
John Shaw, Jerred Herring, Josh Collins. We have a nice core.

Absolutely. If things keep shaping up, our National Championship shouldn't be too far away. At least we can only hope, haha.

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Herb Donaldson could be a pretty good RB if he played for the REAL team in Purple.....xrotatehx xlolx xnodx :D xeekx xwhistlex xbowx xnonox