PDA

View Full Version : How Many Teams from the CAA will Make the Playoffs

jstclmet
October 30th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I took a look at the remaining schedules and found some very probable possibilities for season ending records;

NORTH
UMass 5 - 3 8 - 4
Maine 5 - 3 8 - 4***
UNH 5 - 3 8 - 3*

South
JMU 8 - 0 10 - 1
Nova 7 - 1 9 - 2
W&M 6 - 2 8 - 3**
UR 5 - 3 8 - 4**

*FBS win over Army

**I actually like UR in the 11/22 game vs W&M, but I gave W&M the win just to make this more interesting. That 11/22 game will most likely be the play-in game for one if not both of those teams.

***The Maine/UNH game of 11/22 also looks like a "Play-in" game.

So, the question is if this plays out like I have it above, how many get into the playoffs

WrenFGun
October 30th, 2008, 08:45 PM
If this happens, UNH is absolutely done...but who do they beat to get to 8 wins? It seems like you have Maine, UMass and 'Nova all beating them?

santosballnewhampshire
October 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
If this happens, UNH is absolutely done...but who do they beat to get to 8 wins? It seems like you have Maine, UMass and 'Nova all beating them?

you think UNH is absolutely done at 8-3? dont think so...

Monarch History
October 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I'm saying five teams from the CAA make the playoffs:
JMU
Richmond
'Nova
UMass
UNH

jstclmet
October 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
You're 6 - 1 now. Beat HU & UMass, you have your 8 wins.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 30th, 2008, 09:01 PM

That would make UNH 7-4 so he must have them winning at least one of those games. Didn't figure out what combination of results would create these records in the North.

At 8-3 and assuming a win over Hofstra, who the 8th win was against is crucial toward UNH's playoff hopes.

Villanova -- probably in
UMass -- still have a decent chance
Maine -- going to take the right scenario

MaximumBobcat
October 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Bad choice of the form of poll...it should be a 1 option choice of 3 teams, 4 teams, 5 teams...

Oh, and I'll choose 5 teams from the CAA...

JMU
Richmond
Villanova
UMass
UNH

jstclmet
October 30th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Bad choice of the form of poll...it should be a 1 option choice of 3 teams, 4 teams, 5 teams...

JMU
Richmond
Villanova
UMass
UNH

Your option was my first choice. However, I thought this form might lend it's way to more discussion.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM
If UNH doesn't beat Villanova, then the CAA South has a significant advantage over the CAA North. Add in HTH wins for W&M and 'Nova over UNH and they have an edge. Even Richmond at 8-4 is going to have a good resume because of their SOS and that CAA South advantage.

UNH needs to beat Villanova or make themselves clearly the #1 team in the CAA North. And of course things not going as assumed/predicted in the CAA South won't hurt the Wildcat's cause either. Same for attrition in the SoCon, MVFC, and the BSC.

Go Rhody! Go Huntington Hounds! Go Blue Hens! Go Tigers! After Saturday, go Dutch!!! :p :p :p :p

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I voted all of the above. xsmiley_wix I'm sure it will just burn our friends from Statesboro. xlolx

jstclmet
October 30th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Remaining Schedules;

North:
UMass 5 - 3, @ URI (W), vs Maine (W) @ UNH (L) vs HU (W) 8 - 4

Maine 5 - 3, vs Iona (W), @ UMass (L), @URI (W), vs UNH (W) 8 - 4

UNH 6 - 1, vs HU (W), @ Nova (L), vs UMass (W), @ Maine (L) 8 - 3

South:
JMU 7 - 1, vs UD (W), vs W&M (W), @ TU (W) 10 - 1

Nova 5 - 2, @ NU (W), vs UNH (W), vs TU (W), @ UD (W) 9 - 2

W&M 5 - 2, @ TU (W), vs NU (W), @ JMU (L), vs UR (W) 8 - 3

UR 6 - 3, @ HU (W), vs UD (W), @ W&M (L) 8 - 4

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 30th, 2008, 09:42 PM
UNH
'Nova
Madison
Richmond

Kymermosst
October 30th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Wow...Okay...I should've read your scenario first. I voted JMU, Nova, Richmond, and UNH because that's how I think it'll all play out in the end.

If everything goes the way you've laid it out though, it's a lot tougher. I think I'd leave Richmond out and put William & Mary in. The other 3 stay the same.

I don't see the CAA getting 5 teams in again. Especially with 3 of them having 3 or more losses. JMU and Nova are obvious choices.

William and Mary gets in over Richmond based entirely on the head to head win to close the season. Richmond is out for that same reason. How many teams at 8-4 (generally the 7-4 group) lose their last game and get in?

In this situation the North is going to get one in. Who goes just depends on what the committee decides to weigh most heavily. All three will be 1-1 against each other, all in the last 3 weeks.

Maine +: Closing the season with 2 wins, good win against UNH, excuse for a Cosgrove extension.
Maine -: Dark horse all year, lower in the polls/GPI, not a convenient geographic pairing for anyone.
UMass +: Recent playoff success, AD is chair of the selection committee, (relative) name recognition.
UMass -: Only quality win is Maine, no wins over playoff teams (unless HC gets an auto bid), clearly overrated through most of the year.
UNH +: Would win via CAA tiebreak (by virtue of win over FBS Army), should be highest of the 3 in GPI, FBS wins always look good.
UNH -: Losing 2 of last 3, losing in the last week, only "quality" win is UMass.

This is where I get a little bitter. UNH gets the nod for beating Army because Army is a BCS team, even though they are rated lower (Sagarin Ratings) than any of the 3 teams in question. Granted, at least as far as Sagarin is concerned, Army is the best non-conference win out of the three, but beating an Army team that is rated right between Southern Illinois and Lafayette doesn't seem like it should be that decisive.

I still think UNH deserves the bid over UMass or Maine this year (in the given scenario) but that it would be because Army is technically a BCS school is disappointing to say the least..

UNHWildCats
October 30th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Since when does Maine and Mass play 9 conf games?

HensRock
October 31st, 2008, 12:14 AM
South
JMU 8 - 0 10 - 1
Nova 7 - 1 9 - 2
W&M 6 - 2 8 - 3**
UR 5 - 3 8 - 4**

I don't know what these mean. JMU is not currently 8-0, they are 7-1. And Nova is not currently 7-1, they are 5-2.

I think Nova will win out.
JMU, UR and Nova make the playoffs and maybe UNH.

rcny46
October 31st, 2008, 12:36 AM
I think that Maine could end up running the table from here on out to go 9-3,and as a result make the tournament.They are capable of beating UMass and New Hampshire,and I just have that feeling.If UNH and W&M both finish at 8-3,then UNH could be in trouble.Losses to VU,and UMass (and The Black Bears) would obviously seal the matter.I for one am really looking forward to these next few weeks as all of the contenders settle these questions on the field.

FCS Go!
October 31st, 2008, 05:46 AM
I don't know what these mean. JMU is not currently 8-0, they are 7-1. And Nova is not currently 7-1, they are 5-2.

I think Nova will win out.
JMU, UR and Nova make the playoffs and maybe UNH.

I think those are projected conference records with overall records following. I'm with you on the playoff picture. UNH is in if Elon stumbles along the way or the MVFC sufficiently mangles itself.

th0m
October 31st, 2008, 05:52 AM
UNH
'Nova
Madison
Richmond

Same here.

4th and What?
October 31st, 2008, 07:01 AM
I would think JMU and 'nova should be in, assuming nothing drastic happens.

Richmond and W&M could very well be playing for a spot the last week of the season. If Richmond loses to W&M, their only quality wins would be Elon, and perhaps whoever finishes on top in the CAA North. And neither of those are real big quality wins. I think Richmond is a team that really deserves to be there, but they just haven't performed as the could have vs JMU, Villanova, or UVA. W&M is highly underrated though, and could beat Richmond or JMU and put themselves into the playoffs.

The CAA north is too early to call IMO, whoever puts themselves on top between Maine, Mass, and UNH will probably get a bid, but I don't see more than one of them getting in. If they go 1-1 against each other as suggested above, I see UNH getting the bid as they have the BCS win and have been rated much higher all season long. It's basically UNH's to lose at this point, but if either Maine or Mass wins out, they will take it away.

Sooo.....I see 3 teams from CAA South and 1 team from CAA North getting in. Though if the CAA North teams split 1-1 against each other, or if W&M beats JMU and then loses it Richmond, it could get dicey.

bandl
October 31st, 2008, 07:40 AM
I'm interested to know who DIDN'T vote for JMU... xlolx xrotatehx

mcveyrl
October 31st, 2008, 07:47 AM
I went with JMU, 'Nova, W&M and UNH under your scenario.

'Nova and JMU are obvious if they win out. I think W&M gets in via a win over Richmond and UNH gets in via a win over UMass. Maine is on the outside looking in already and just in a bad spot, but it could help them that UNH lost 2 of their last 3...

I don't think the CAA gets five teams this year. Too many 8-3 squads to pick from, I think. Last year, it was basically Ga. Southern and UNH and GSU didn't have the 7 wins needed. This year, there will be a bigger selection and the committee won't put five in from the CAA.

KAUMASS
October 31st, 2008, 07:51 AM
IMHO, I see 2-4 CAA Teams going.

As of today:

Driver's seat; JMU & Villanova.

Front Passanger Seat-New Hampshire, William & Mary

Back Seat: UMass, Richmond, Maine

Anything can happen the next 4 weeks.

Toughest Games remaining on Schedules: (on paper)
1. UNH-'Nova, UMass and Maine to finish the season. WOWxeekx

2. W&M-JMU and Richmond to finish out the season. xoopsx

3.(Tie) UMass-Maine, UNH
Maine-UMass,UNH

4. Richmond-W&M- Richmond cannot afford any losses period, that's why I have them at 4.

5.(Tie) JMU-W&M
'Nova-UNH

I could see the possibility of UMass, UNH or Maine losing 2 games in the next 4 weeks. UNH is the only one that can afford it. Richmond cannot afford a loss. W&M can afford a loss, JMU and 'Nova can afford 2 losses. I don't see JMU or Nova dropping 2 games.

Calculate the possible wildcard usets by Hofstra, Delaware,URI, Towson or Northeastern with the above mentioned 5 teams, you never know.

Buckle up..I think UMass, Maine, UNH, Richmond, Nova, JMU & W&M all win this week. Things will get interesting next week, Nov. 8 !!

wideright82
October 31st, 2008, 07:56 AM
Since when does Maine and Mass play 9 conf games?

That is what i was wondering

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2008, 08:04 AM
IMHO, I see 2-4 CAA Teams going.

As of today:

Driver's seat; JMU & Villanova.

Front Passanger Seat-New Hampshire, William & Mary

Back Seat: UMass, Richmond, Maine

Anything can happen the next 4 weeks.

Toughest Games remaining on Schedules: (on paper)
1. UNH-'Nova, UMass and Maine to finish the season. WOWxeekx

2. W&M-JMU and Richmond to finish out the season. xoopsx

3.(Tie) UMass-Maine, UNH
Maine-UMass,UNH

4. Richmond-W&M- Richmond cannot afford any losses period, that's why I have them at 4.

5.(Tie) JMU-W&M
'Nova-UNH

I could see the possibility of UMass, UNH or Maine losing 2 games in the next 4 weeks. UNH is the only one that can afford it. Richmond cannot afford a loss. W&M can afford a loss, JMU and 'Nova can afford 2 losses. I don't see JMU or Nova dropping 2 games.

Calculate the possible wildcard usets by Hofstra, Delaware,URI, Towson or Northeastern with the above mentioned 5 teams, you never know.

Buckle up..I think UMass, Maine, UNH, Richmond, Nova, JMU & W&M all win this week. Things will get interesting next week, Nov. 8 !!

Heh, UNH deserves the brutal schedule after the games they've played this year, so far. We'll see how they handle it.

IaaScribe
October 31st, 2008, 08:18 AM
JMU
Villanova
One from the North
Richmond-W&M winner

No way the CAA gets five this year. But it's unlikely the CAA gets less than four.

KAUMASS
October 31st, 2008, 08:23 AM
Heh, UNH deserves the brutal schedule after the games they've played this year, so far. We'll see how they handle it.

The Villanova game will answer some questions. In some twisted fate, I hope UNH beats Villanova. That would make a UMass victory over UNH look alot better!!.. But then again, if UNH beats Villanova, you guys are stronger than I think and then you should beat UMass this year. xoopsx

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2008, 08:30 AM
The Villanova game will answer some questions. In some twisted fate, I hope UNH beats Villanova. That would make a UMass victory over UNH look alot better!!.. But then again, if UNH beats Villanova, you guys are stronger than I think and then you should beat UMass this year. xoopsx

The CAA North badly needs either Northeastern or UNH to knock 'Nova off, otherwise they're going to be dominated by the South. They still are, obviously, but that'd lessen the blow a bit. UNH throttled Towson, but so did everyone else in the South. That win over W&M would've been nice to hold on to. xoopsx

Eight Legger
October 31st, 2008, 08:37 AM
Four teams will get in, the most likely being JMU, Villanova, UNH and UR.

jstclmet
October 31st, 2008, 08:45 AM
Made the corrections to the projected conference records of UMass & Maine

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2008, 09:46 AM
I don't actually believe Richmond is any more likely than William & Mary to make the playoffs, so I'm a bit surprised at the discrepancy. If W&M beats Richmond, they're in. If Richmond beats W&M, they're in. Seems 50/50 to me, though Richmond has the game at home. Of course, W&M is in either way if they can knock JMU off. Surprised at the lack of respect for W&M right now.

KAUMASS
October 31st, 2008, 10:03 AM
I see William and Mary beating Towson & Northeastern, and going 1-1 versus JMU and Richmond. They could beat or lose to either JMU or Richmond. Not out of the cards W&M beats both JMU and Richmond.

It will be a blast to watch this all unfold out for all the teams in the playoff hunt the next few weeks. Barring any major upsets this week, the playoff race will really start to take shape with the results of the Nov. 8 games. Good luck to all CAA north teams this week, except URI! Good luck Delaware & Towson as well from the South!!

It's funny how you can rout for one team one week and then the next hope they lose....Life in the CAA.

KAUMASS
October 31st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Nobody is giving Maine a shot in the poll....probably a direct representation of poster's per team here...Maine may laugh all the way to the playoffs...It will be fun to watch..

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2008, 10:13 AM
If Maine knocks both UMass and UNH off, they're in.

ur2k
October 31st, 2008, 10:21 AM
I don't actually believe Richmond is any more likely than William & Mary to make the playoffs, so I'm a bit surprised at the discrepancy. If W&M beats Richmond, they're in. If Richmond beats W&M, they're in. Seems 50/50 to me, though Richmond has the game at home. Of course, W&M is in either way if they can knock JMU off. Surprised at the lack of respect for W&M right now.

The game is at Bill & Mary

UR's (6-3 with losses to @UVA, JMU, @Nova. Wins @Elon, Towson, Maine, @VMI, @UMASS, Georgetown) remaining schedule is

Bye
@Hofstra
Delaware
@W&M

W&M (5-2 with losses to @NC State and Nova. Wins VMI, Norfolk State, @UNH, @ Delaware, URI) have

@Towson
Northeastern
@JMU
Richmond

Right now, Richmond is #3 in the GPI, W&M #13 - isn't this usually a decent indicator of how playoff bids shake out? Richmond also has good wins over Maine, Elon, UMASS. The only good win on W&M schedule is UNH. But they have the opportunity to pick up ones against Madison and UR. I think at this moment Richmond has a stronger resume, but W&M has 2 huge chances to change that.

The game on the 22nd will be big if both teams continue to play well. Even with a W&M loss to JMU, the teams still look pretty equal on paper.

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2008, 10:26 AM
The game is at Bill & Mary

UR's (6-3 with losses to @UVA, JMU, @Nova. Wins @Elon, Towson, Maine, @VMI, @UMASS, Georgetown) remaining schedule is

Bye
@Hofstra
Delaware
@W&M

W&M (5-2 with losses to @NC State and Nova. Wins VMI, Norfolk State, @UNH, @ Delaware, URI) have

@Towson
Northeastern
@JMU
Richmond

Right now, Richmond is #3 in the GPI, W&M #13 - isn't this usually a decent indicator of how playoff bids shake out? Richmond also has good wins over Maine, Elon, UMASS. The only good win on W&M schedule is UNH. But they have the opportunity to pick up ones against Madison and UR. I think at this moment Richmond has a stronger resume, but W&M has 2 huge chances to change that.

The game on the 22nd will be big if both teams continue to play well. Even with a W&M loss to JMU, the teams still look pretty equal on paper.

Have to like W&M's chances at home to make the playoffs then, no? I do think that Richmond has a shot, even at 8-4, to make it in, though that'd be pushing it, though their quality wins would be good. I have to imagine they're hoping that UNH finishes 8-3 or worse, and that Maine does not make it to 8-3.

jmufan999
October 31st, 2008, 10:33 AM
i'd bet the farm that the CAA gets four teams. right now, i'm saying JMU, Nova, UNH, and the Richmond-W&M winner. NO CHANCE the CAA gets 5 teams. not this year. not because the conference is down, i actually think the conference is better than last year!

but with a lot of teams playing a 12 game schedule, the numbers won't be in their favor (meaning, the CAA). they get 4. i seriously doubt they'd only get 3.

Eight Legger
October 31st, 2008, 11:18 AM
If UNH loses to UMass and Villanova, I think you could see 4 CAA teams, all from the South, make it. UNH would lose the head-to-head comparison with W&M in that case and W&M would go ahead of them. Richmond's resume is still going to look very strong even at 8-4 (with one FBS loss).

I don't expect W&M to go to JMU and win, but who knows. This league is crazy.

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2008, 11:56 AM
A great example of how crazy this league is: Villanova could go from potentially challenging for the #1 ranking to playing for their playoff lives (if they fall to either UNH or Northeastern). What a crazy time the CAA is.

KAUMASS
October 31st, 2008, 12:56 PM
A great example of how crazy this league is: Villanova could go from potentially challenging for the #1 ranking to playing for their playoff lives (if they fall to either UNH or Northeastern). What a crazy time the CAA is.

There are so many scenarios that could play out, it's like a soap opera.

Who is the biggest potential non playoff spoiler out there-Delaware? They still play JMU, 'Nova and Richmond. At some point, Delaware starts playing for pride and wins one of those games...would their season be salvaged if they beat all 3....not likely, but you never know...history tells me something unpredictable is going to happen in the next few weeks..

JMU DUUUKES
October 31st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Ok so JMU got 99.04%, but that means there is somebody out there who ACTUALLY thinks we WONT make the playoffs ? Hahahaha , I'm not saying we'll win the NC or anythign, but if we lose out i think we'd almost still make it, ha.

Did Dave Coulson vote or something?

jstclmet
November 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
All of the teams that were expected to win, did so.

With 3 games left, it will most likely come down to the final weekend for UMass, Maine/UNH, UR/W&M.

I'm almost positive the CAA gets 4 in. Can we get a repeat of 5, and/or do the unthinkable and get in 6???

Last year, everyone thought there was no way, we'd get 5.

Remaining Schedules as of 11/1;

North:
UMass 6 - 3, vs Maine (W) @ UNH (L) vs HU (W) 8 - 4

Maine 6 - 3, @ UMass (L), @URI (W), vs UNH (W) 8 - 4

UNH 7 - 1, @ Nova (L), vs UMass (W), @ Maine (L) 8 - 3

South:
JMU 8 - 1, vs W&M (W), @ TU (W) 10 - 1

Nova 6 - 2, vs UNH (W), vs TU (W), @ UD (W) 9 - 2

W&M 6 - 2, vs NU (W), @ JMU (L), vs UR (W) 8 - 3

UR 6 - 3, @ HU (W), vs UD (W), @ W&M (L) 8 - 4

Pantherpower
November 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Four is very realistic; five a tad of a stretch but doable; six? no way. With the SLC, MEAC, OVC and Patriot likely becoming one bid leagues, coupled with Liberty falling out of the picture, five from CAA may move more into the realistic category.

jstclmet
November 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
With 3 weeks left, a lot of teams outside the CAA could wind up with 8 wins. I would think SOS should factor in the "Selection Committee's" thinking along with whatever polls, etc they use.

However, I think each of the 7 CAA teams have their respective destiny's in their own hands. All they have to do is just win, and they're in.

mainejeff
November 1st, 2008, 10:23 PM
Maine -: Dark horse all year, lower in the polls/GPI, not a convenient geographic pairing for anyone.

Does the NCAA select playoff teams based on geography now???xconfusedx

If they do, then Maine may as well discontinue their program (as should a few other decent FCS programs) xrolleyesx

jstclmet
November 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Curious why no one's giving Maine a chance??? Can anyone offer any argument pro or con why Maine will or will not make the playoffs???

th0m
November 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Curious why no one's giving Maine a chance??? Can anyone offer any argument pro or con why Maine will or will not make the playoffs???

Geography xsmiley_wix

4th and What?
November 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM

Maine needs to beat both UNH and UMass. Can they do it? Sure. Will they do it? I have no idea. Umass's stock has been rising the past couple weeks, which means less people think Maine is going to get a win against them would be my guess.

Boots Harvey
November 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM

Just put all of the CAA in the playoffs. Why not? It's the best conference in all of football. I'm not sure how any of them even survive the regular season with players to compete in the playoffs. I mean....they beat each other up week in and week out. Injuries must be off the charts.

Wow...that kind of sounds like the Southern Conference too. xrolleyesx
Difference is....Southern Conference (i.e. ASU, GSU past, Furman) actually wins the NC, Payton Awards, etc.

RationalGriz
November 4th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I think 3-4 teams but definately not 5.

I see the following:
Big Sky (2), Great West (1), MVC (2), MEAC (1), OVC (1), Patriot (1), Southland (1), Southern (3)

That is 12 spots, leaving the CAA with a great chance at 4.

mcveyrl
November 4th, 2008, 10:23 AM

Just put all of the CAA in the playoffs. Why not? It's the best conference in all of football. I'm not sure how any of them even survive the regular season with players to compete in the playoffs. I mean....they beat each other up week in and week out. Injuries must be off the charts.

Wow...that kind of sounds like the Southern Conference too. xrolleyesx
Difference is....Southern Conference (i.e. ASU, GSU past, Furman) actually wins the NC, Payton Awards, etc.

I'm not trying to say which conference is better, because that's an exercise in futility, they are both incredible to me, but the past 5 years, the CAA has won two NC and had two more NC game appearances, from three different teams. The SoCon has had 3, by 1 team. The conference has also had two Payton winners (Santos and Campbell) to the SoCon's one. So, I think your final argument kind of goes out the window.

Boots Harvey
November 4th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I'm not trying to say which conference is better, because that's an exercise in futility, they are both incredible to me, but the past 5 years, the CAA has won two NC and had two more NC game appearances, from three different teams. The SoCon has had 3, by 1 team. The conference has also had two Payton winners (Santos and Campbell) to the SoCon's one. So, I think your final argument kind of goes out the window.

But...it made me feel better to say it. xrulesx

Still have heartburn over last year with SoCon only getting ASU and Wofford in and then the committee making the Terriers travel to Montana. SoCon needs better representation. And, the SoCon needs a new commissioner as well...but that's another argument for another day.

mcveyrl
November 4th, 2008, 10:33 AM

But...it made me feel better to say it. xrulesx

Still have heartburn over last year with SoCon only getting ASU and Wofford in and then the committee making the Terriers travel to Montana. SoCon needs better representation. And, the SoCon needs a new commissioner as well...but that's another argument for another day.

Nobody else that was eligible had 7 D-I wins, did they? I went over this yesterday. I know it's not a requirement, but it's something the committee definitely looks at (no team has received an at-large with less than 7 D-I wins).

Wofford did get the shaft on having to travel, but they showed that they were better with the win. Then, they got a home game and screwed the pooch.

Boots Harvey
November 4th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Nobody else that was eligible had 7 D-I wins, did they? I went over this yesterday. I know it's not a requirement, but it's something the committee definitely looks at (no team has received an at-large with less than 7 D-I wins).

Wofford did get the shaft on having to travel, but they showed that they were better with the win. Then, they got a home game and screwed the pooch.

--------------

"screwed the pooch..." That's funny...good one. Now that I think about it, ASU did that last Friday night to Wofford again.

mcveyrl
November 4th, 2008, 10:36 AM
--------------

"screwed the pooch..." That's funny...good one. Now that I think about it, ASU did that last Friday night to Wofford again.

xlolx xlolx

Completely unintentional...but it is fitting.

Appfan_in_CAAland
November 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Hopefully, four CAA teams will get in ... one to run up the score on in each round. :D

89Hen
November 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
JMU, Nova, UMass and W&M

Stang Fever
November 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM

JMU
Richmond
Villanova
UMass
UNH

If that happens you are saying most of the at large bids go to them... 4 out of 6. That would leave only two for everyone else. Cal Poly or Montana/Weber st and any other conference is stuck... Sorry but i dont see this going that way... One of those teams is going home it will not happen. cant happen, and shouldnt happen

mcveyrl
November 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
If that happens you are saying most of the at large bids go to them... 4 out of 6. That would leave only two for everyone else. Cal Poly or Montana/Weber st and any other conference is stuck... Sorry but i dont see this going that way... One of those teams is going home it will not happen. cant happen, and shouldnt happen

That would actually be 4 out of 8 and it happened last year.

But, it won't happen this year. There are too many quality teams from elswhere to pick from.

Woof
November 4th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Need an option for: "As many as they want" xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

asucrutch23
November 4th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I said JMU, 'Nova, Richmond, UMass, and Maine (because no one else is).

As a side note, JMU is 159 for 160. Fess up, who's the wise guy??xlolx

soccerguy315
November 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I think it will be:

JMU
Villanova
W&M or Richmond
one of UMass/UNH/Maine

if W&M beats JMU, and then loses to Richmond, they could both get in, pushing the CAA toward 5 teams. I don't think W&M has much chance @JMU though.

rcny46
November 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I think it will be:

JMU
Villanova
W&M or Richmond
one of UMass/UNH/Maine

if W&M beats JMU, and then loses to Richmond, they could both get in, pushing the CAA toward 5 teams. I don't think W&M has much chance @JMU though.

I think the way you have it set up is the way it will turn out.

LacesOut
November 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Four.

JMU and 'Nova for sure. The other two I don't know yet.

ccd494
November 4th, 2008, 04:15 PM
With any justification, all these teams would be in the playoffs. Eliminate autobids from terrible conferences.

ericsaid
November 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM
The correct answer is......TOO MANY.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM

I was just about to say that. xoopsx

19Duke97
November 4th, 2008, 09:38 PM

It's funny how SoCon folks are always touting how they should get AT LEAST 3 (no arguments) well, the CAA is 1.33 or 133% larger than the SoCon, 3*1.33 = 4 - why is that so hard to fathom? Most (90+%) of CAA folks have pegged this as their number, it seems very reasonable to me given the perceived drop off in talent below #15.

JMU DUUUKES
November 4th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I said JMU, 'Nova, Richmond, UMass, and Maine (because no one else is).

As a side note, JMU is 159 for 160. Fess up, who's the wise guy??xlolx

Coulson