PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 9

seahawkfan2007
October 29th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Duquesne (2-5) @ Bryant (4-4): Bryant is really making a smooth transition to FCS. Duquesne is having an off year. Bryant 27-21

CCSU (5-3) @ RMU (3-5): CCSU is solid. If RMU could duplicate last weeks 6-0 turnover margin they win this one easily. Can't see CCSU letting that happen. CCSU 31-10

Wagner (3-5) @ Sacred Heart (7-1): SHU is having a great season and gave Albany all they could handle two weeks ago in their only loss. Wagner has the physical talent to make this a good game but the rest of what it takes isn't there. Would love to be proven wrong. SHU 34-7

Monmouth (5-3) @ Albany (5-3): "For all the marbles". This should be a classic NEC battle with most of the game played between the 30's. I'm thinking this one is a "pick em". Albany is home, I like them by 3. Albany 17-14

Bulldog Fan
October 30th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Duquesne (2-5) @ Bryant: Bryant is tough at home. Bryant 21-14

CCSU (5-3) @ RMU (3-5): CCSU wins going away. CCSU 42-7

Wagner (3-5) @ Sacred Heart (7-1): SHU continues to roll. SHU 28-14

Monmouth (5-3) @ Albany (5-3): Albany stops Monmouths running game at home. Albany 21-7

andy7171
October 30th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Duquesne vs Bryant
CCSU vs RMU
Wagner vs Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs Albany - should be a great one to watch

Original_RMC
October 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
All Home teams this week......

Duquesne vs Bryant
I didn't believe it at first but Bryant is tough at home. This is a long trip for the Dukes and I'm not sure if they are over losing at home to SHU.
Closer than the experts think.

Bryant 21-20

CCSU vs RMU
Battle of 4th place in the conference. RMU is 11-3 against CCSU all time since 1994.
This will be a hard hitting game but I think the passing of Erik Cwalinski will open up the running game for Myles Russ.
I think the D will bend but not break & will do its best to contain the running attack of CCSU. CCSU are going to gain yards and look great on the stat sheet but the Colonial D will only give up 1 TD all day and hold CCSU to FGs the rest of the way.

RMU 24-19

Wagner vs Sacred Heart
This game is on Halloween night and it very well could be a very long night for Wagner. SHU wins easily.

SHU 35-14

Monmouth vs Albany
Albany's remaining schedule after Monmouth
@RMU
Wagner
Monmouth's remaining schedule after Albany
SHU
@Dukes

I think Albany wins a close battle actually I think Albany is forced to come back in this game and wins it with a late TD in the 4th quarter.
Albany or Monmouth better not think this is the conference championship game...still 2 more games before the season is over.

Albany 21-20

dgreco
October 30th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Duquesne vs Bryant - Bryant is 17-2 at home over 4 years, I think they do feel more comfortable at home, and its a long trip for the Dukes and an early start at noon. I think Bryant wins close.
CCSU vs RMU - CCSU is not consistent, but I think they are a little better than RMU this year.
Wagner vs Sacred Heart - SHU is just better than Wagner this year I think.
Monmouth vs Albany - IDK if it is an upset, but I will say Monmouth steals the wins.

aceinthehole
October 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Duquesne at Bryant - A long bus ride for the Dukes, and I think they might pull it off, but it will be close.
CCSU at RMU - CCSU still has a lot of fight left in them, but I worry about the long trip to Joe Walton Stadium to face a physical team.
Wagner at Sacred Heart - SHU reminds me of the Wagner team from last year, a pleasant suprise for NEC fans.
Monmouth at Albany - Too close to call, so I'll just take the home team.

rmutv
November 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Home teams win every game.

Bryant big over the Dukes, RMU knocks of CCSU, Sacred Heart destroys Wagner, and Albany holds off Monmouth.

Dane96
November 2nd, 2008, 05:19 AM
Albany holds off Monmouth? Ummmm....ok...if that's how you saw it.