PDA

View Full Version : newstreamz: TXST SFA Highlights If you don't know you better have a look.

TXST_CAT
October 28th, 2008, 10:56 PM
*Warning* you may want to change your votes after watching this highlight!!!

http://newstreamz.com/2008/10/27/newstreamz-video-extra-texas-state-football-versus-sfa

Sounds like the coaches really put it together for this game. So many weapons on offense. Best part is many of the skill players are Freshmen and Sophomores. Defense is gelling and making big plays. xwhistlex

MaximumBobcat
October 28th, 2008, 11:24 PM
That is great video. I love the interviews between the plays with the players and the coaches. Those guys over at Newstreamz are doing fantastic work.

TXST_CAT
October 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Best thing is these East Coast and West Coast fans have no clue what's happening in the SLC. I hope for a big Home win against NWSt. xsmiley_wix

Also want UCA to slip so we can have the title to ourselves. xnodx

patssle
October 29th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Best thing is these East Coast and West Coast fans have no clue what's happening in the SLC. I hope for a big Home win against NWSt. xsmiley_wix

They really don't. They kept voting for McNeese based soley on their past reputation. UCA was under McNeese despite a better record and with more quality wins! And they are still high with a losing conference record.

But that's why polls are useless, thank god for playoffs.

BobcatTXST04
October 29th, 2008, 08:32 AM
They really don't. They kept voting for McNeese based soley on their past reputation. UCA was under McNeese despite a better record and with more quality wins! And they are still high with a losing conference record.

Couldn't have said it better myself Patssle! Why is UCA only 10th, depsite their only loss being to unbeaten FCS Tulsa? Why is McNeese in the top 20 with three losses? I can understand some hesitation to put us in the top 25, since up until the McNeese game, we pretty much stunk it up. We are 5-3 and if we win on Saturday there should be no reason not to put us in the top 25.

Polls are indeed useless, look at the mess that is the FCS right now. UT and Alabama will both have to play a tougher schedule in addition to a Conference Championship game that USC and Penn St. don't have to play. If UT or Bama slips up, then those two will leapfrog them, despite their schedule.

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 08:47 AM
You Cat fans are starting to sound like San Diego fans with all your positioning and whining about not being ranked. Just friggin win out and the situation will take care of itself. As far as Patssle, you've been whining from day one. xcoffeex

And I do have Tx State in my top 25 by the way xthumbsupx

Regarding UCA, they will move up accordingly if they keep winning. You also have to remember where the majority of the voters in the AGS poll reside and the teams they support.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Some of us East coast people did have TxSt in the top 25. ;)

But your point about McNeese is well-taken.

patssle
October 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
As far as Patssle, you've been whining from day one

And I've been right since day one. Thanks :)

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 11:20 AM
And I've been right since day one. Thanks :)

xlolx Yep, the BearKats have turned out exactly like you said they would haven't they? Now you blame everything on the coaches (which you did last year as well) but earlier in the year you were drinking the orange kool-aid like everyone else. Obviously you are incorrect regarding McNeese because they are still ranked (for at least a couple more days anyway xpeacex ) and SHSU has never been.

Retro
October 29th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Mcneese is barely in the top 25 now and you still find something to dog Mcneese about! Your pathetic as is your football program.. Maybe you should worry more about them than what everyone else is doing?

BTW, Mcneese has 3 losses this year, by 8, 3 and 3 points a quality win over SDSU and that 8 point loss to a top 25 FBS team.. That being said, this 4-3 Mcneese team is still probably better than a 6-2 South Carolina state team as well as some others ranked just above.. It's not just about reputation, but you keep saying that so obviously have Sour Grapes about the lack of success of your team as a whole. Get Over it!xrolleyesx

bobcathusband
October 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Also want UCA to slip so we can have the title to ourselves. xnodx

I'll reserve judgment until I see the rest of the SLC games. I think if Bobcats win the rest of the games by a huge margin with the defense getting really nasty might work their way into a top 15 ranking and possibly an opening round home game. Style points matter too now in addition to getting the wins the rest of the way.

TXST_CAT
October 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM
You Cat fans are starting to sound like San Diego fans with all your positioning and whining about not being ranked. Just friggin win out and the situation will take care of itself. As far as Patssle, you've been whining from day one. xcoffeex

And I do have Tx State in my top 25 by the way xthumbsupx

Regarding UCA, they will move up accordingly if they keep winning. You also have to remember where the majority of the voters in the AGS poll reside and the teams they support.

No complaints here I like flying under the radar.xthumbsupx I find it funny how some of these FCS fans complain about FBS biases but never look past the usual teams for their top 25 votes. McNeese is a quality team but why keep them in the top 25 when they are all but done in the SLC race? Oh well that's how it goes. xwhistlex

Retro
October 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
No complaints here I like flying under the radar.xthumbsupx I find it funny how some of these FCS fans complain about FBS biases but never look past the usual teams for their top 25 votes. McNeese is a quality team but why keep them in the top 25 when they are all but done in the SLC race? Oh well that's how it goes. xwhistlex

Because it's not about the SLC, it's about the top 25 teams in the Division regardless of their position in each conference.. If Mcneese wins out, then they have a great shot at getting in the playoffs and winning the conference if TSU slips up twice, which they likely will at least once.

What many voters and longtime FCS fans see and know is that many times in the past teams have knocked off Mcneese thinking it was easy sailing after that only to lose 2 or 3 more conference games, despite looking like a much better team earlier in the season.. I've seen it many times in the SLC, so we will see what happens.

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 03:15 PM

:D McNeese is only done at this point if the Cats don't do a Jeckyl and Hyde and drop two more. I have settled into the notion that the Cowboys will be sitting home at the end of November but technically it aint over yet.

I will say IMO if Tx State stumbles now and does not clinch the auto bid then their season will be considered a bigger flop than MSU's.

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'll reserve judgment until I see the rest of the SLC games. I think if Bobcats win the rest of the games by a huge margin with the defense getting really nasty might work their way into a top 15 ranking and possibly an opening round home game. Style points matter too now in addition to getting the wins the rest of the way.

You have the Mo to make it but I seriously doubt you are going to get that first round home game with 3 losses. If you get the bid, I see a trip to Wash-Griz (Missoula) or Stewart Stadium (Ogden, UT) in your future xnodx

BEAR
October 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Looks like great highlight video..guess Texas State was due one after the embarrasement at UCA last year. Oh yeah, ESPN has those highlights. xlolx Just kidding!

I think the Southland didn't realize what they had in letting UCA in for football. Second full year in the conference and working on a conference title after nearly taking it last year against McNeese the last game of the year..(McNeese was good last year..it was theirs) xthumbsupx

Looks like this year is the year of offense..UCA can do it with a decent defense then the rest of the conference is lacking in defense. Maybe??? xconfusedx

MaximumBobcat
October 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Looks like great highlight video..guess Texas State was due one after the embarrasement at UCA last year. Oh yeah, ESPN has those highlights. xlolx Just kidding!

I think the Southland didn't realize what they had in letting UCA in for football. Second full year in the conference and working on a conference title after nearly taking it last year against McNeese the last game of the year..(McNeese was good last year..it was theirs) xthumbsupx

Looks like this year is the year of offense..UCA can do it with a decent defense then the rest of the conference is lacking in defense. Maybe??? xconfusedx

Don't get too cocky...give it ten years, you'll have a number of losing season in the SLC.

:D McNeese is only done at this point if the Cats don't do a Jeckyl and Hyde and drop two more. I have settled into the notion that the Cowboys will be sitting home at the end of November but technically it aint over yet.

I will say IMO if Tx State stumbles now and does not clinch the auto bid then their season will be considered a bigger flop than MSU's.

Really? C'mon, you can't honestly believe that. In reality, all we've done is gone 2-1 in conference so far. You guys were nationally ranked #3 (and receiving votes as the #1 team in the nation), after coming off of an 11-1 season and with a boatload of starters back. Don't really want to get into an argument but how could you compare that to going 2-1 in conference, and then losing a few games?

slycat
October 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Starting to sound like NDSU fans. Hope your team plays this well once you can get in the playoffs.;)

BEAR
October 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Unless we get a good QB to take Nathan's place or one of our recruits steps up and prove they can hang with the SLC next year...:( It's gonna be interesting to see who comes out on top next year..xthumbsupx

slycat
October 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Unless we get a good QB to take Nathan's place or one of our recruits steps up and prove they can hang with the SLC next year...:( It's gonna be interesting to see who comes out on top next year..xthumbsupx

Welcome to the SLC.:)

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Don't get too cocky...give it ten years, you'll have a number of losing season in the SLC.

Really? C'mon, you can't honestly believe that. In reality, all we've done is gone 2-1 in conference so far. You guys were nationally ranked #3 (and receiving votes as the #1 team in the nation), after coming off of an 11-1 season and with a boatload of starters back. Don't really want to get into an argument but how could you compare that to going 2-1 in conference, and then losing a few games?

Cause xlolx

OK, maybe not but you and I both know if somehow the Cats lose two more and McNeese runs the board (xrotatehx I know, I know) people will be looking to run Wright out of town on a rail.

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 09:18 PM

UCA just happend to be fortunate enough to have Nathan Brown when you came in the league. We all know without him on the roster you would have already dropped a couple of games this year and several more last. Believe me, nobody is overly impressed with the Bears xpeacex All you are doing is painting a target on your back and next year, there will be lots of arrows stuck in it, :D

txstatebobcat
October 29th, 2008, 09:30 PM

We were picked either last or next to last in the SLC at the beginning of the season. You guys were picked to win the SLC and to at least make some noise in the playoffs. Needless to say I don't agree with your opinion.

txstatebobcat
October 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM

I don't know you guys haven't been winning in impressive fashion like last year. It would not surprise me if you guys stumble once or twice before the season ends.

MaximumBobcat
October 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Cause xlolx

OK, maybe not but you and I both know if somehow the Cats lose two more and McNeese runs the board (xrotatehx I know, I know) people will be looking to run Wright out of town on a rail.

xlolx I agree, if we somehow manage to ***** the bed and you win out, people will go ape over on bobcatfans. ;)

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 09:57 PM
xlolx I agree, if we somehow manage to ***** the bed and you win out, people will go ape over on bobcatfans. ;)

Don't you know it xlolx

McNeese75
October 29th, 2008, 09:57 PM
We were picked either last or next to last in the SLC at the beginning of the season. You guys were picked to win the SLC and to at least make some noise in the playoffs. Needless to say I don't agree with your opinion.

xrolleyesx Well you know what they say about opinions.

BEAR
October 29th, 2008, 10:27 PM
UCA just happend to be fortunate enough to have Nathan Brown when you came in the league. We all know without him on the roster you would have already dropped a couple of games this year and several more last. Believe me, nobody is overly impressed with the Bears xpeacex All you are doing is painting a target on your back and next year, there will be lots of arrows stuck in it, :D

Eh...we're just kind of bored here in Conway..nothing going on....just thought I'd make a statement to rattle a few cages..see who bites...looks like the fish are hungry...xlolx xlolx xlolx I know our place in the scheme of things..we are a long way from winning 5 Southland titles out of 7 years! xbowx xbowx

McNeese75
October 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Eh...we're just kind of bored here in Conway..nothing going on....just thought I'd make a statement to rattle a few cages..see who bites...looks like the fish are hungry...xlolx xlolx xlolx I know our place in the scheme of things..we are a long way from winning 5 Southland titles out of 7 years! xbowx xbowx

xlolx Well the pond down here seems to be trying to dry up this year so we are fishin our azz off :D

BobcatJH
October 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
It would not surprise me if this Texas State team went 4-0, or choked its $ss off the rest of the way. I cannot get a read on this team.

BEAR
October 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
It would not surprise me if this Texas State team went 4-0, or choked its $ss off the rest of the way. I cannot get a read on this team.

No kidding! It's hard to get a reading off any of these teams this year. I thought Sam would be pretty decent after watching them cut one close 48-46 at Estes, but then they go out the next few weeks and .... SFA looked strong then... heck, the Cats looked strong and...You get the picture...any year McNeese has problems and everyone else follows that lead it is truly a strange year in the SLC...xconfusedx xnodx

TXST_CAT
October 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM
No kidding! It's hard to get a reading off any of these teams this year. I thought Sam would be pretty decent after watching them cut one close 48-46 at Estes, but then they go out the next few weeks and .... SFA looked strong then... heck, the Cats looked strong and...You get the picture...any year McNeese has problems and everyone else follows that lead it is truly a strange year in the SLC...xconfusedx xnodx

I think UCA vs TXST both coaches feared a shootout. I truly feel we should have forced the issue and forced the shootout. As it stands we played keep away and ran out of time after a fatal turnover. That game was going to the last team to score up until then. Cats go 4-? here on out. xpeacex