PDA

View Full Version : Horse-Collar Rule: Is Anyone Calling this?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2008, 10:39 PM
This has been bugging me this year. Versus Cornell, a Lehigh LB was called for a horsecollar tackle that kept a key drive alive for the Big Red (and they ended up beating us on the last play of the game). A replay showed that it indeed was a horsecollar tackle; but I must have seen the horse-collar done by CAA, MVFC, SLC, BSC schools and others with no flag.

So I ask you, AGS fans: is this really being called, or not?

CatFan22
October 28th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Honestly I have yet to see it in a game. Probably a good thing.

siuham
October 28th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I can't remember what game it was, but SIU got called for a horse-collar. I think it was against UNI.

McNeese75
October 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I've seen three called in McNeese games this year. Two against the Pokes and one against the oppostion.

MSUBear42
October 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I can't remember what game it was, but SIU got called for a horse-collar. I think it was against UNI.

You guys had one against MSU, but I don't think it was called, but it wasn't a bad one and the SIU defender grabbed more of the shoulder pad than anything.

RabidRabbit
October 29th, 2008, 07:56 AM
SDSU has been in three games where this got called. Usually against opponent. SFA, McNeese, YSU IIRC.

Cobblestone
October 29th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I was going to vote for the first two choices. I've seen it done two or three times this season but only called once.

mcveyrl
October 29th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I can't remember seeing it at any of the game I've been to.

Cap'n Cat
October 29th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Frankly, I've never see a guy get injured from a horsecollar tackle.

xconfusedx

gophoenix
October 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I've seen this called in 4 games this year Elon has been in.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 29th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I saw it called on TV a few times, but not at a GSU game (that I recall).

andy7171
October 29th, 2008, 09:20 AM
It's a stupid F'ing rule.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I've seen it called.....but I think there are lots of other problems they could have addressed instead of this rule. The tackles that could get called are not that frequent anyway, not sure why this was such a big deal. To me if they want to stop injuries, they need to start blowing the d@mn whistle when the play is over. I have seen countless plays got at least 2 or 10 seconds longer than they should in several stadiums and conferences and it is driving me nuts. I'd rather live with the once in a blue moon call that got the inadvertent whistle than deal with the refs forgetting to even blow a whistle on a play.