PDA

View Full Version : Bomar and Jennings make Kiper's top 5 by position

LehighFan11
October 28th, 2008, 02:51 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=3660396

Bomar is rated as #3 Senior QB and Jennings as #5 Senior RB. Obviously there are always alot of talented juniors that come out but still their names are on the radar.

smallcollegefbfan
October 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=3660396

Bomar is rated as #3 Senior QB and Jennings as #5 Senior RB. Obviously there are always alot of talented juniors that come out but still their names are on the radar.

Bomar has been rated by Kiper for a while it is good to finally see that Kiper has ranked Jennings. From what I have heard, Jennings has been a 3rd-5th round type for a while now and Bomar is a likely 2nd-3rd round pick. Someone I talked to compared Bomar to a very young John Elway. I really think these two guys will be stars at some point in the NFL.

JoshUCA
October 28th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Nathan Brown is #4!

Pauly LB
October 29th, 2008, 06:12 AM

LehighFan11...

REQUEST -- In order to use the link that you provided and to read the article you must be a subscriber which most of us are not. Why not copy the article and paste it into your post so that the rest of us can see who made the list in all of the positions?

Hoyadestroya85
October 29th, 2008, 08:42 AM
LehighFan11...

REQUEST -- In order to use the link that you provided and to read the article you must be a subscriber which most of us are not. Why not copy the article and paste it into your post so that the rest of us can see who made the list in all of the positions?
that would be the definition of copyright infringement..

but anyway i pay more attention to McShay because he actually breaks down game film and has expertise ofr the way the game is supposed to be played, Kiper does not

I think Bomar has too many negatives against him to be 2nd or 3rd round (height, small school, his oklahoma experience) talent is definitely not working against him..

Pauly LB
October 29th, 2008, 10:20 AM
that would be the definition of copyright infringement..

but anyway i pay more attention to McShay because he actually breaks down game film and has expertise ofr the way the game is supposed to be played, Kiper does not

I think Bomar has too many negatives against him to be 2nd or 3rd round (height, small school, his oklahoma experience) talent is definitely not working against him..

Then don't do it -- but then also don't bother to post a link that is not useful to most of us...

Hoyadestroya85
October 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Then don't do it -- but then also don't bother to post a link that is not useful to most of us...

i mean there's such a thing as something like that being overlooked..

JohnStOnge
October 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Earlier this season I posted that I thought Bomar was the leading Payton candidate at the time based on his overall stats but then I saw him play again. That's the thing that really kind of makes me wonder about him. I've seen him play twice now, once in person and once on TV, and in both cases he just wasn't as accurate as one would like an NFL prospect QB to be. What I mean by that is that sometimes he missed his receivers badly and other times he got it close enough for them to get their hands on it but the balls were difficult to catch...receivers had to really extend themselves, stop and reach behind themselves, etc. It's just not a real smooth thing like...well...Nathan Brown or like what I saw from Matt Nicholls when Eastern Washington played McNeese last year.

Could be that it just so happened that Bomar had two bad games when I saw him play but, if I'd never heard of him and just went and watched the games, I would never have thought I was watching an NFL prospect quarterback even though he does obviously have a really strong arm, good size, and good athleticism for that size.

Hoyadestroya85
October 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Earlier this season I posted that I thought Bomar was the leading Payton candidate at the time based on his overall stats but then I saw him play again. That's the thing that really kind of makes me wonder about him. I've seen him play twice now, once in person and once on TV, and in both cases he just wasn't as accurate as one would like an NFL prospect QB to be. What I mean by that is that sometimes he missed his receivers badly and other times he got it close enough for them to get their hands on it but the balls were difficult to catch...receivers had to really extend themselves, stop and reach behind themselves, etc. It's just not a real smooth thing like...well...Nathan Brown or like what I saw from Matt Nicholls when Eastern Washington played McNeese last year.

Could be that it just so happened that Bomar had two bad games when I saw him play but, if I'd never heard of him and just went and watched the games, I would never have thought I was watching an NFL prospect quarterback even though he does obviously have a really strong arm, good size, and good athleticism for that size.

being a little inaccurate isn't much of a problem, any NFL QB coach would be able to refine his mechanics so that he's throwing the ball more accurately.. These factors all weigh heavily in his favor:
a) he's got a cannon
b) he's not a statue
c) he has big game experience (albeit a couple of years ago)

he may not end up as a superstar... but he sure as hell has the raw ability to develop into a nfl starting QB

LehighFan11
October 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I saw it said "insider" on it but I was allowed to read it and I haven't paid for my insider subscription in over 2 years. I thought you would be able to read it. Sorry.