PDA

View Full Version : 69,113 for the 67th Magic City Classic

ASU33
October 27th, 2008, 10:04 PM
What a weekend in Birmingham, well what a week. Tailgating started wednesday morning at 7am and when I pulled up at 6:20am that morning the RV lined stretched from Legion Feild all the way down by Parker High School!xeekx The stars really showed up in Birmingham this weekend, Tom Joyner, Steve Harvey, Lionel Ritchey, Dwelle(R&B singer), and many more. Over 69,000+ was on hand for the game with another 40,000+ that never entered the stadium. Tailgating and everything was greatxthumbsupx

Now to the bullshat! We lost to the Bullmutts on a bone-headed decision to try a fake PAT with less than 3 minutes on the clock. Simple, kick the ball and go to OT.................bottom line! Our offense drove the ball from the 1-foot line all the way down for a score that would potentially tie the game and you throw it away............WTF?!?!?!?!xconfusedx

ASU33
October 27th, 2008, 10:13 PM
The pics http://sharpy.smugmug.com/gallery/6368033_auSdS#402468562_KeyFoxthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 10:17 PM
sounds pretty awesome........kind of a rough ending though it sounds

ASU33
October 27th, 2008, 10:24 PM
sounds pretty awesome........kind of a rough ending though it sounds

This game defines our season. A great deal of the players on our roster dreamed their whole lives of playing in this game. With the way that our season has gone, those kids fought hard this weekend! Our offense has struggled all year, but on they drove the ball from the damn 1-yard line to score and set us up to take the game into OT..................you gotta kick it! That may have cost our coach his job. You can not lose this game and remain the coach at Alabama State University..........bottom line! I was heartbroken walking out of the stadium and our players were also.xnonono2x

Cocky
October 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM
TV was reporting 110,000 on the Legion Field campus. I keep telling myself I need to make this game (party) some year.

slostang
October 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Great pictures. Looks like a great time and a good hard fought game to watch after some awesome tailgating.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 27th, 2008, 10:46 PM
What was LC's MCC record?

PhoenixSupreme
October 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM
That decision must've been painful to bear for your fans. The coach definitely did a make a bonehead decision to go for it, especially after an epic drive. I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning there, but the only thing I can think of is that maybe he was trying to ride the momentum created from that 1-yard line drive.

93henfan
October 27th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Great work with the cheerleader outfits.xthumbsupx

Cobblestone
October 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Great pics. MQ4G6972 is my personal favorite. xthumbsupx xbowx

MQ4G7261 ranks a close second. xbowx

BTW, good for FCS football to have those kind of attendance figures for any game.

Big Dawg
October 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM
That's one of the games I want to visit.

I can't wait until the Florida Classic!!!

SU Jag
October 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
It was a great game with a great atmosphere. I was glad to be there!xbowx Truly the most under rated rilvary in FCS! From what I'm hearing that call might have cost Reggie Barlow his job.

Big Dawg
October 28th, 2008, 10:47 PM
It was a great game with a great atmosphere. I was glad to be there!xbowx Truly the most under rated rilvary in FCS! From what I'm hearing that call might have cost Reggie Barlow his job.

How long has he been at ASU???