PDA

View Full Version : Link me

ISUMatt
November 9th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Can anyone find the link thats says you MUST have 7 D-I wins to be eligible...thanks...Im too lazy to look tonight!!

TexasTerror
November 9th, 2005, 08:43 PM
http://www.ncaa.org/library/handbooks/football/2005/2005_d1aa_football_handbook.pdf

ISUMatt
November 9th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Seems fuzzy only says a team with less than 7 D-I wins may place a team in jeopardy of not being selected.

ISUMatt
November 9th, 2005, 08:50 PM
so technically a 7-4 team with 6 D-I wins can get in?

ISUMatt
November 9th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I guess I see it written as anything less than 7 D-I wins they may not be considered, I was looking for you MUST have 7 D-I wins

The way it is written in the handbook is confusing and leaves alot of options open

rabidsaluki
November 9th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Well then - what's the scoop with the hurricane teams? How many of those teams (that were affected by hurricanes) would possibly be playoff eligible with the extra game? Aren't there supposed to be provisions for those affected?

AppGuy04
November 9th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I guess I see it written as anything less than 7 D-I wins they may not be considered, I was looking for you MUST have 7 D-I wins

The way it is written in the handbook is confusing and leaves alot of options open

unless a couple of those 6 wins are I-A and the rest are blowouts, it won't happen

AppGuy04
November 9th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Well then - what's the scoop with the hurricane teams? How many of those teams (that were affected by hurricanes) would possibly be playoff eligible with the extra game? Aren't there supposed to be provisions for those affected?

u can't assume they would have won

it all depends on how hard ass the committee wants to be, but one thing is for sure, this year will serve as precedent

ISUMatt
November 10th, 2005, 10:43 AM
So when all is said and done with the way this rule is written, teams with less than 7 D-I wins can TECHNICALLY still get in?

ISUMatt
November 10th, 2005, 11:01 AM
OK sounds, then it sounds silly for us to say teams are not eligible or eligible if the committee can do what they wish...I wish it was set in stone the 7 D-I rule then my ISU team would have a better shot at getting in! I only brought this up b/c a possible 7-4 YSU or WKu team (with 6 D-I wins) has a shot over us if the 7 D-I wins means nothing...then that kills ALL chances ISU had