PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 10 (11/1) Predictions

GannonFan
October 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
As I am one Cole Hamels win away from Nirvana, I’ll be shorter than normal this week:

Hofstra 21 New Hampshire 45 – No reason why UNH won’t keep rolling. Hofstra is abysmal, and the Dave Cohen Watch has to be in full effect now. Hofstra’s been shutout a few times this year already, but UNH’s defense isn’t that stout. They’ll give up points, but UNH’s offense is first class and they win this easily.

Iona 0 Maine 42 – Geez, if you think this game is irrelevant, just wait until the end of the season – Iona plays host to Bryant in the Irrelevant Bowl. Black Bears continue their improbably push towards the playoffs – seriously, I wouldn’t sleep on Cosgrove’s crew right now.

UMass 28 Rhode Island 35 – Yeah, maybe this Phillies mania is getting to my head, but I smell an upset here. UMass got run over by Richmond two weeks ago, and while they easily handled Bryant last week, I think UMass is now ripe for the picking. URI hasn’t won a conference game all year, but they always play UMass tough in Kingston and URI hasn’t been that terrible this year. I think URI catches UMass sleeping in this one and UMass’s playoff hopes fade away.

William and Mary 35 Towson 21 – I still reiterate, we won’t know anything about W&M until they are 7-2 and in Harrisonburg in a couple of weeks. Ho hum victory for the featherless Tribe here.

villanova 21 Northeastern 20 – I almost picked an upset here as well. Last week nova has the game won against JMU, but they let Scotty McGee’s punt return against Richmond the week before spook them into two punts where neither of them get more than 20 yards, and JMU takes the field position to score the game’s last 9 points, the last 6 coming on a Hail Mary where two nova guys knock the ball down off each other and into the waiting arms of a JMU receiver. Does nova recover from the devastation of that loss? Normally, I’d be worried about a team in a similar state of mind having to deal with the near-emptiness and deafeningly quiet Parson’s Field – however, it could feel like a home game for similarly fan-deprived nova, and I think they handle the echoes better than most and they pull this one out.

Delaware 10 James Madison 28 – Normally a game that would be a highlight of any week, although this year UD decided to do it without a QB and a mediocre season is the result. UD still plays very, very good defense and they could give JMU fits for awhile. However, unless UD’s new QB duo of Love and Agnone (formerly and still UD’s starting WR and TE) suddenly morph into stud QB’s, this one will be close for awhile and JMU will pull away late. By the way, I have no idea how UD will score 10 points, but I’m thinking the defense could score once.

art vandelay
October 27th, 2008, 04:53 PM
UNH
Maine
Umass
W&M
Nova
Deleware, hard for any team to not lose at least one CAA game so im picking JMU to lose until it happens so i can say i told you so.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM
As I am one Cole Hamels win away from Nirvana, I’ll be shorter than normal this week:

Hofstra 21 New Hampshire 45 – No reason why UNH won’t keep rolling. Hofstra is abysmal, and the Dave Cohen Watch has to be in full effect now. Hofstra’s been shutout a few times this year already, but UNH’s defense isn’t that stout. They’ll give up points, but UNH’s offense is first class and they win this easily.

Iona 0 Maine 42 – Geez, if you think this game is irrelevant, just wait until the end of the season – Iona plays host to Bryant in the Irrelevant Bowl. Black Bears continue their improbably push towards the playoffs – seriously, I wouldn’t sleep on Cosgrove’s crew right now.

UMass 28 Rhode Island 35 – Yeah, maybe this Phillies mania is getting to my head, but I smell an upset here. UMass got run over by Richmond two weeks ago, and while they easily handled Bryant last week, I think UMass is now ripe for the picking. URI hasn’t won a conference game all year, but they always play UMass tough in Kingston and URI hasn’t been that terrible this year. I think URI catches UMass sleeping in this one and UMass’s playoff hopes fade away.

William and Mary 35 Towson 21 – I still reiterate, we won’t know anything about W&M until they are 7-2 and in Harrisonburg in a couple of weeks. Ho hum victory for the featherless Tribe here.

villanova 21 Northeastern 20 – I almost picked an upset here as well. Last week nova has the game won against JMU, but they let Scotty McGee’s punt return against Richmond the week before spook them into two punts where neither of them get more than 20 yards, and JMU takes the field position to score the game’s last 9 points, the last 6 coming on a Hail Mary where two nova guys knock the ball down off each other and into the waiting arms of a JMU receiver. Does nova recover from the devastation of that loss? Normally, I’d be worried about a team in a similar state of mind having to deal with the near-emptiness and deafeningly quiet Parson’s Field – however, it could feel like a home game for similarly fan-deprived nova, and I think they handle the echoes better than most and they pull this one out.

Delaware 10 James Madison 28 – Normally a game that would be a highlight of any week, although this year UD decided to do it without a QB and a mediocre season is the result. UD still plays very, very good defense and they could give JMU fits for awhile. However, unless UD’s new QB duo of Love and Agnone (formerly and still UD’s starting WR and TE) suddenly morph into stud QB’s, this one will be close for awhile and JMU will pull away late. By the way, I have no idea how UD will score 10 points, but I’m thinking the defense could score once.

Love the small "v"......you UD fans kill mexlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

WrenFGun
October 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM

With the exception of the Maine game, and perhaps the UNH game, I think every other team may pose a problem for the opposition. I wonder if Delaware can keep themselves in the game with JMU. Parsons is like a high school game, but 'Nova is unlikely to have a ton of fans there. That could be a problem. For UNH it was a home game. URI's offense is very good and they'll score, so UMass is going to have to score, too. It's possible they could be looking ahead to a big game against Maine. Towson has a pretty solid offense and killed themselves against UNH by being predictable and not executing in the Red Zone. If they fix that a bit against W&M, that could be a trouble game.

Maroon&White
October 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
URI's offense is very good and they'll score, so UMass is going to have to score, too. It's possible they could be looking ahead to a big game against Maine.

You really think the players will be looking past the only team to beat them in conference in the past 2 years?(Previous two years, don't get upset JMU & Richmond)

danefan
October 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
GO HENS!

(sorry.....those 2 quarters are still haunting Danes' fans!).....

WrenFGun
October 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
You really think the players will be looking past the only team to beat them in conference in the past 2 years?(Previous two years, don't get upset JMU & Richmond)

Well, I wasn't aware of that! Probably not, then!

Maroon&White
October 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I could see them looking past Maine to UNH. This week not so much. I'm not predicting a win this week, just saying I don't think they'll look past it xthumbsupx

For the record, since Brown has been at UMass, the series is tied 2-2 with URI. UMass is undefeated against Maine during the same time.

KAUMASS
October 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Maine-nice tune up for UMass the following week..

UNH...similar game to Towson/UNH game last week.

UMass..my prediction here is pain....payback from the hurricane game from last year..UMass has to win out to make the playoffs. They don't look past this game at all. Margin of victory will be key here for a barometer/pulse for the rest of the year. If UMass struggles here, I don't see them beating Maine and UNH, out of playoffs...

W&M...Towson hangs around, but W&M too much.

Villanova...close game. Northeastern plays tough at Parsons. Mandeville back yet?? Even closer if he is..

Delaware...just to shake things up. I havn't predicted an upset game like this all year, so what the heck. JMU's tough shedule catches up with them physically this week and they have a let down. The Delaware team that played Maryland shows up. (minus Schoenhoft)

Richmond..blowout BYE University.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 27th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hofstra 14 New Hampshire 56 -- UNH primes the pump for final 3 big games vs 'Nova, Maine, and ZooMass.

Iona 0 Maine 66 -- Black Bears pick up some poll points in romp.

UMass 28 Rhode Island 21 -- Close, but no cigar for the improved Rams.

William and Mary 52 Towson 28 -- W&M continues to prove that they are very underrated.

Villanova 42 Northeastern 10 -- Tuning up for UNH game.

Delaware 10 James Madison 21 -- JMU proves that this isn't your Daddy's Blue Hens.

blur2005
October 27th, 2008, 07:26 PM
New Hampshire will blast Hofstra
Main will destroy Iona
UMass will win by a narrow margin at Rhode Island
W&m will hammer Towson through the air
Villanova will bounce back from the JMU loss against Northeastern
JMU will beat Delaware, though it'll be close for nearly three quarters.

madisonfan87
October 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM
UNH
Maine
UMASS
W&M
Nova
JMU

EmeryZach
October 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Fun and Legal Fireworks > Debate Nerds
Circus Bears> iona
Minutemen > URI.....ne
Pocahontas > Tony the Tigers
Northeastern Boston > HouseCats
Mickey Mouse Club > The Female Chickens

wideright82
October 28th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Fun and Legal Fireworks > Debate Nerds
Circus Bears> iona
Minutemen > URI.....ne
Pocahontas > Tony the Tigers
Northeastern Boston > HouseCats
Mickey Mouse Club > The Female Chickens

be honest which was harder, making your picks, or coming up with names for everyone. xlolx

Col Hogan
October 28th, 2008, 07:25 PM
New Hampshire over Hofstra
Maine dispatches Iona
William and Mary continues to roll over Towson
Villanova is scared by Northeastern but get the W
James Madison is this weeks Delaware destroyer

And Finally, My Homer Pick Of The Week

UMass pays back Rhode Island for last years win

Henwatcher
October 28th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Maine 49 Iona 0
UMass 35 URI 14
W&M 38 Towson 20
JMU 52 UD 0
UNH 56 Hofstra 10
Villanova 30 Northeastern 13

th0m
October 29th, 2008, 05:11 AM
UNH
Maine
UMass
W&M
Villanova
JMU

JMU DUUUKES
October 29th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Maine 49 Iona 0
UMass 35 URI 14
W&M 38 Towson 20
JMU 52 UD 0
UNH 56 Hofstra 10
Villanova 30 Northeastern 13

Haha no faith in your Hens? Rivals always play closer than they should. I can't see a blowout here but I'm picking:

JMU 38
Hens 10

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 29th, 2008, 07:46 AM
UNH
Maine
UMASS
W&M
Nova
JMU

Cobblestone
October 29th, 2008, 08:00 AM
New Hampshire vs Hofstra <<-- UNH marching into the playoffs.
Maine vs Iona <<-- even Cosgrove won't lose this one.
William and Mary vs Towson <<-- Bill & The Bitch roll.
Villanova vs Northeastern <<-- Villanova = playoff team.
James Madison vs Delaware <<-- the mighty will fall.
UMass vs Rhode Island <<-- praying for rain. prayer will be answered.

Cranium716
October 29th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Maine 35 Iona 9
URI 30 UMass 28
W&M 27 Towson 3
JMU 34 UD 10
UNH 21 Hofstra 13
Villanova 24 Northeastern 20

WrenFGun
October 29th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Maine 35 Iona 9
URI 30 UMass 28
W&M 27 Towson 3
JMU 34 UD 10
UNH 21 Hofstra 13
Villanova 24 Northeastern 20

The UNH game might be that close, but UNH will score 30 points, in all likelihood. They've scored 28, 51, 32, 42, 48, 34, 33 and 42 this season, and the 28 was against an FBS team. That said, they've allowed less than 20 points only twice.

89Hen
October 29th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Maine 49 - Iona 10
UMass 31 - URI 17
W&M 41 - Towson 17
JMU 35 - UD 10
UNH 31 - Hofstra 14
Villanova 28 - Northeastern 6

93henfan
October 29th, 2008, 12:54 PM
JMU 52 UD 0

That's harsh. I think they'll only beat us by 41.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Parsons is like a high school game, but 'Nova is unlikely to have a ton of fans there.

10 guys at 200 lbs each...

They might get a ton to show up. ;)

EmeryZach
October 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
be honest which was harder, making your picks, or coming up with names for everyone. xlolx

xlolx I was bored at work so I thought I would spice up my picks this week.

Uncle Buck
October 29th, 2008, 02:52 PM
The UNH game might be that close, but UNH will score 30 points, in all likelihood. They've scored 28, 51, 32, 42, 48, 34, 33 and 42 this season, and the 28 was against an FBS team. That said, they've allowed less than 20 points only twice.

Trust me, this one is in hand for the cats. We're down to playing anyone who is healthy and that's not a lot. UNH will control this game and keep it as close as they want. I can't see us being in this one.

UNHWILDCATS05
October 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Trust me, this one is in hand for the cats. We're down to playing anyone who is healthy and that's not a lot. UNH will control this game and keep it as close as they want. I can't see us being in this one.

Word is that you will be making the trip up to Durham??

Uncle Buck
October 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM

I wanted to but it looks like with Halloween on Friday and three kids at home for trick or treating, the timing is terrible. A 12 noon kickoff would leave me with a pre-dawn departure to make it up there for kickoff on Saturday. I know UNH_Alum_in_CT will be bummed, but i'll send up some Blue Point Toasted Lager for him.

I'm really bummed, UNH has been on my list since last year. I'll get there eventually, the crew I met at Hofstra was a bunch of good guys.

UNHWILDCATS05
October 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I wanted to but it looks like with Halloween on Friday and three kids at home for trick or treating, the timing is terrible. A 12 noon kickoff would leave me with a pre-dawn departure to make it up there for kickoff on Saturday. I know UNH_Alum_in_CT will be bummed, but i'll send up some Blue Point Toasted Lager for him.

I'm really bummed, UNH has been on my list since last year. I'll get there eventually, the crew I met at Hofstra was a bunch of good guys.

ahhhh... too bad... we were all looking forward to your visit.. next time

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM

OMG, I can't even fathom the pre-dawn departure you'd have to make from out on the Island! xeekx The "oh-dark-thirty" wake-ups in Central CT are bad enough!! But as soon as I crack open an Octoberfest up in Durham, it's all worth it!! xnodx

Not bummed, I understand family comes first. But I was looking forward to having you join us in Durham. And to bring up a growler of Blue Point Octoberfest! ;) We'll catch up with you next year in Hempstead!! xnodx

GeeWiz
October 30th, 2008, 12:33 PM
W&M 35 Towson 17 - Tribe continue to roll in the CAA South

UMass 28 URI 14 - I think the Rams keep it close, but UMass knows how to win close games

Maine 37 Iona 0 - What a waste of a game

UNH 31 Hofstra 17 - Pride make a game of it, but UNH is playing too well to have a letdown

'Nova 30 NU 14 - Wildcats are playing too well on both sides of the ball for NU to pull off an upset

JMU 38 Delaware 6 - Two FG are all the Blue Chickens can muster against the JMU "D"

madisonfan87
October 30th, 2008, 12:47 PM
xlolx I was bored at work so I thought I would spice up my picks this week.

Right on!

4th and What?
October 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
JMU 38 Delaware 3 - JMU will take the run option away, and might score more than 38 depending on how deep in Blue Hen territory UD turns it over. The fairly good UD defense will hold JMU in the first half, but the constant run play selection by JMU and 3-in-out's by UD will wear them down too much in the second half.

Villanova 35 NU 10 - Villanova comes back with a vengance. Dominant on both sides of the ball, I don't see how they dropped in the polls last week. Should easily be top 5 if not top 3.

W&M 35 Towson 14 - W&M continues to be underrated until we see what they do at the JMU and Richmond games.

Mass 27 URI 7 - Mass breaks out early and never looks back.

Maine 52 Iona 0 - Sigh. Makes a bad week in the CAA worse.

UNH 30 Hofstra 17 - I'll be pulling for Hofstra, but I don't see it happening.

GoBlueHens83
October 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Hofstra @ New Hampshire
Iona @ Maine
UMass @ Rhode Island
William & Mary @ Towson
Villanova @ Northeastern
Delaware @ James Madison

jstclmet
October 30th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Last week 5 - 2 xeekx xbawlingx I'm still hurting over the Nova loss. That wound was deep. Was wrong about UD/HU too, but right now, I'm too hurt to care.xnonono2x 55/69 for an 80% correct compilation to date.

Maine 27 vs Iona 3
HU 13 @ UNH 27
W&M 28 @ TU 21
UD 3 @ JMU 31
Nova 28 @ NU 14
UMass 31 @ URI 14 - Initially, I thought UMass would get caught looking ahead, and this would be a "Trap" game for them, but each game here on out has playoff implications for them. Most likely, they will take care of URI as best they can in a business like fashion

Monarch History
October 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hofstra @ New Hampshire
Iona @ Maine
UMass @ Rhode Island
William & Mary @ Towson
Villanova @ Northeastern
Delaware @ James Madison

LehighFan11
October 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
We have 2 or 3 guys picking Delaware to win and we have a few guys picking JMU to win by over 30. I've never seen such a thing.

Tribe4SF
October 31st, 2008, 07:28 AM
We have 2 or 3 guys picking Delaware to win and we have a few guys picking JMU to win by over 30. I've never seen such a thing.

Welcome to the CAA!:D

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2008, 10:18 AM
New Hampshire 42, Hofstra 21. Those who have UNH scoring less than 35 are likely mistaken, but I don't imagine they'll hold Hofstra to 10, either, even with the third stringer.

Maine 35, Iona 0. This game shouldn't be close, with Maine having playoff motivation on the line.

Rhode Island 49, UMass 48. I smell upset here. Don't mean to offend the UMass fans on this board, but Rhode Island can throw the ball and UMass' secondary could be in trouble. At the very least, this will be a tight one.

Towson 35, William & Mary 34. I don't mean to be picking upset central here, but I think Towson can cause problems with their passing game. UNH torched Towson because Schaeffer and the gameplan were way too predictable, but make no bones about it, Towson can move the ball. They'll need to get some lucky stops, but I think this one will be close, too. Road CAA games at the end of the year are RARELY, if ever, not close, regardless of team.

Northeastern 21, Villanova 17. You think I'm crazy, I realize this. Northeastern has been sniffing at knocking someone off for awhile, and I think they do it this week. Northeastern is difficult to stop when they're executing and they definitely have some weapons to compete. Parsons is an X-Factor.

James Madison 13, UD 6. I don't buy these high scores in this one. I think UD will keep it close, but Schoenturnover will commit one too many to prevent the UD win.

jlcharles
October 31st, 2008, 11:20 AM
UNH
Maine
UMass
W&M
JMU
'Nova

I agree with WrenFGun. JMU-UD is going to be close. As for the Nova game, I think Talley has the team come out pissed off with the way the game ended Saturday and blows the doors off NU. I hope I can pick the game up on the radio on my way to Raleigh tomorrow.

rcny46
October 31st, 2008, 11:29 AM
Rhode Island 49, UMass 48. I smell upset here. Don't mean to offend the UMass fans on this board, but Rhode Island can throw the ball and UMass' secondary could be in trouble. At the very least, this will be a tight one.

Towson 35, William & Mary 34. I don't mean to be picking upset central here, but I think Towson can cause problems with their passing game. UNH torched Towson because Schaeffer and the gameplan were way too predictable, but make no bones about it, Towson can move the ball. They'll need to get some lucky stops, but I think this one will be close, too. Road CAA games at the end of the year are RARELY, if ever, not close, regardless of team.

Northeastern 21, Villanova 17. You think I'm crazy, I realize this. Northeastern has been sniffing at knocking someone off for awhile, and I think they do it this week. Northeastern is difficult to stop when they're executing and they definitely have some weapons to compete. Parsons is an X-Factor.
My first thoughts were:

xeekx xeekx xeekx

But then again,anything is possible in this conference,so:

xthumbsupx

rcny46
October 31st, 2008, 11:36 AM

Northeastern 21, Villanova 17. You think I'm crazy, I realize this. Northeastern has been sniffing at knocking someone off for awhile, and I think they do it this week. Northeastern is difficult to stop when they're executing and they definitely have some weapons to compete. Parsons is an X-Factor. prevent the UD win.

At first I thought: xeekx

After giving it further consideration,and realizing anything is possible in this conference: xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
October 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM
UNH
Maine
UMass
W&M
Nova
JMU

Old Cage
November 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
WrenFGun:

"Rhode Island 49, UMass 48. I smell upset here. Don't mean to offend the UMass fans on this board, but Rhode Island can throw the ball and UMass' secondary could be in trouble. At the very least, this will be a tight one."

Bwahahahahaha!

Col Hogan
November 1st, 2008, 01:36 PM
WrenFGun:

"Rhode Island 49, UMass 48. I smell upset here. Don't mean to offend the UMass fans on this board, but Rhode Island can throw the ball and UMass' secondary could be in trouble. At the very least, this will be a tight one."

Bwahahahahaha!
xchinscratchx xchinscratchx xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

dennisdent
November 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
WrenFGun:

Bwahahahahaha!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

KAUMASS
November 1st, 2008, 04:27 PM
Take it easy on Wren guys. He is one of the classier UNH posters.

I can't honestly blame him...Cassidy was lighting it up across the CAA and we weren't exactly blowing teams out, except for Bryant, which I don't count.

Wren picked the wrong week for UMass as UMass has stepped it up a notch. We have finally played like we are capable. URI has been scrappy and competitite in most of their games this year, except for BC & UMASS.

Had to be the new black uni pants....

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 1st, 2008, 05:47 PM
UNH
Maine
UMass
W&M
JMU
'Nova

I agree with WrenFGun. JMU-UD is going to be close. As for the Nova game, I think Talley has the team come out pissed off with the way the game ended Saturday and blows the doors off NU. I hope I can pick the game up on the radio on my way to Raleigh tomorrow.

Looks like the exact opposite almost happened. Good job on Villanova's part grinding out that win xthumbsupx

Longhorn
November 1st, 2008, 08:17 PM
JMU-UD is going to be close. As for the Nova game, I think Talley blows the doors off NU.

xeyebrowx Hmmm...well, I suppose Nova did eek out the win. ;)

Old Cage
November 1st, 2008, 08:30 PM
I felt very sorry for Thorr Bjorn today. Thorr is a UMass football guy who is the still new AD at URI.

With a new coach and new offense, they put up some serious points earlier this year, especially against UNH.

Sitting in my barcalounger watching channelsurfing.com I sure couldn't figure out why today was so strange. i have been to six of our games and have felt all year that we were better than a couple of our games showed, but today was not at all competitive.

If anyone who attended has thoughts, please post.

Cobblestone
November 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

Cobblestone
November 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM
I felt very sorry for Thorr Bjorn today. Thorr is a UMass football guy who is the still new AD at URI.

With a new coach and new offense, they put up some serious points earlier this year, especially against UNH.

Sitting in my barcalounger watching channelsurfing.com I sure couldn't figure out why today was so strange. i have been to six of our games and have felt all year that we were better than a couple of our games showed, but today was not at all competitive.

If anyone who attended has thoughts, please post.

xbangx xbangx xbangx to be continued...

Cobblestone
November 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Part II

xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

madisonfan87
November 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
UNH
Maine
UMASS
W&M
Nova
JMU

Perfect again for my second time predicting. Is the CAA just to easy anymore to predict?

th0m
November 2nd, 2008, 03:33 AM
It's not like this week was that hard to predict.

Minuteman87
November 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Don't despair Cobby. I was a bit surprised at the UMass-URI score. I didn't go, but listened on the radio, and it sounded like URI just couldn't finish. They were in the red zone, what, three of four times and didn't get a single point? Not that that would have given them a win, but made it a bit more bearable. Give credit to UMass defense too.

I think Rizzi gets a pass this year because he's running the spread offense with a bunch of guys recruited to run a triple option. I'd be worried if I didn't see some improvement next year though.

Best of luck the rest of the way. Do we finally get the Rams in Amherst next year after 43 straight years in S Kingstown?

Longhorn
November 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
GO HENS!

(sorry.....those 2 quarters are still haunting Danes' fans!).....

Yep, those Hens sure went all right. Now they need to change their diapers. xoopsx

Wonder if UD will still get a vote in this week's Coaches Poll.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Maine 49 - Iona 10 (55-7) xthumbsupx
UMass 31 - URI 17 (49-0) xeyebrowx
W&M 41 - Towson 17 (34-14) xthumbsupx
JMU 35 - UD 10 (41-7) xthumbsupx :(
UNH 31 - Hofstra 14 (45-25) xthumbsupx
Villanova 28 - Northeastern 6 (20-14) xeyebrowx

Pretty good week, but just can't figure out when URI or NU are going to make a game of it.

89Hen
November 3rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
It's not like this week was that hard to predict.
That's why everyone should be required to do scores. xpeacex

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Maine 49 - Iona 10 (55-7) xthumbsupx
UMass 31 - URI 17 (49-0) xeyebrowx
W&M 41 - Towson 17 (34-14) xthumbsupx
JMU 35 - UD 10 (41-7) xthumbsupx :(
UNH 31 - Hofstra 14 (45-25) xthumbsupx
Villanova 28 - Northeastern 6 (20-14) xeyebrowx

Pretty good week, but just can't figure out when URI or NU are going to make a game of it.

Impressive stuff, right there.

Cobblestone
November 3rd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Don't despair Cobby. I was a bit surprised at the UMass-URI score. I didn't go, but listened on the radio, and it sounded like URI just couldn't finish. They were in the red zone, what, three of four times and didn't get a single point? Not that that would have given them a win, but made it a bit more bearable. Give credit to UMass defense too.

I think Rizzi gets a pass this year because he's running the spread offense with a bunch of guys recruited to run a triple option. I'd be worried if I didn't see some improvement next year though.

Best of luck the rest of the way. Do we finally get the Rams in Amherst next year after 43 straight years in S Kingstown?

How many? xlolx

Yes, we'll be there next year as far as I know.

True, Rizzi does get a pass for this season. When you talk about Stowers and Rizzi you are talking about two coaches who could not be more polar opposites. Stowers was casual and laid back where Rizzi has more of a drill sergeant approach. Obviously this is going to result in very different types of recruits. Right now it's like we have two teams and the Stowers regime players are in the majority. In the next two seasons that'll change and I feel our numbers will improve to reflect this.

As for UMASS, I'm glad to see Liam Coen doing as well as he has. I know his father from various RI football coaching clinics. Good man and a good family. If our secondary HAS to get toasted then at least it was from a RIer. Too bad we didn't have Rizzi as our coach 4 years ago, Liam would be throwing those TD passes for us.

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
New Hampshire 42, Hofstra 21. Those who have UNH scoring less than 35 are likely mistaken, but I don't imagine they'll hold Hofstra to 10, either, even with the third stringer.

Maine 35, Iona 0. This game shouldn't be close, with Maine having playoff motivation on the line.

James Madison 13, UD 6. I don't buy these high scores in this one. I think UD will keep it close, but Schoenturnover will commit one too many to prevent the UD win.

xoopsx. Well, there goes my credibility! Congrats to the winning teams!

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Take it easy on Wren guys. He is one of the classier UNH posters.

I can't honestly blame him...Cassidy was lighting it up across the CAA and we weren't exactly blowing teams out, except for Bryant, which I don't count.

Wren picked the wrong week for UMass as UMass has stepped it up a notch. We have finally played like we are capable. URI has been scrappy and competitite in most of their games this year, except for BC & UMASS.

Had to be the new black uni pants....

Whooie did I pick the wrong week. Congrats on the win and thanks for the kind words.

KAUMASS
November 3rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
Whooie did I pick the wrong week. Congrats on the win and thanks for the kind words.

It's hard to predict scores, especially UMass this year. Apparently, we are playing at a different level now. Defensively, we are playing without our All American DB Smalls, and Collier, our defensive line starter (6'1, 280) and captain.xeyebrowx

Collier should be back this week and is listed as day to day. Smalls is probably done for the year..(cracked hip)

WrenFGun
November 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
It's hard to predict scores, especially UMass this year. Apparently, we are playing at a different level now. Defensively, we are playing without our All American DB Smalls, and Collier, our defensive line starter (6'1, 280) and captain.xeyebrowx

Collier should be back this week and is listed as day to day. Smalls is probably done for the year..(cracked hip)

I'm sure they'll be firing on all cylinders when they come to Durham. Nothing new! Should be terrifyingly close, as per the norm.

smcwildcat
November 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
smalls is done i thought....

Maroon&White
November 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
smalls is done i thought....

4 weeks. If we make the playoffs he might be able to play.