PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly's QB Jonathan Dally should be on the Payton watch list

slostang
October 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Jonathan Dally is leading the top scoring offense (44.8 points/game and averaging 476 yd/gm). He is also the top rated QB in the FCS at a 211.1 rating. His passing numbers are 78-115 (67.8%) for 1,396 yards with 15 TDs and only 1 INT. He has rushed 75 times for 290 yards for a 3.9 average (4.6 if you take out yards lost due to sacks) and 5 TDs. Also through 6 games Cal Poly has only turn the ball over by fumble three times. That is almost unheard of in a triple option offense. Only 4 turnovers in 6 games (three by fumble and one by INT).

He has done this in only 6 games (one game lost due to Hurricane Ike) and in a triple option run first offense. This week when Southern Utah stacked the box and said you are going to have to beat us by throwing. Dally responded with a 22-26 for 410 yards and 6 TDs performance. He also rushed for 40 yards on 8 carries and Cal Poly ended up rushing for 190 yards for 600 total yards on the night.

I am not saying he should win the Walter Payton Award, but he should at least be in the discussion of the top 16 offensive players in the FCS.

GATA
October 27th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Jonathan Dally is leading the top scoring offense (44.8 points/game and averaging 476 yd/gm). He is also the top rated QB in the FCS at a 211.1 rating. His passing numbers are 78-115 (67.8%) for 1,396 yards with 15 TDs and only 1 INT. He has rushed 75 times for 290 yards for a 3.9 average (4.6 if you take out yards lost due to sacks) and 5 TDs. Also through 6 games Cal Poly has only turn the ball over by fumble three times. That is almost unheard of in a triple option offense. Only 4 turnovers in 6 games (three by fumble and one by INT).

He has done this in only 6 games (one game lost due to Hurricane Ike) and in a triple option run first offense. This week when Southern Utah stacked the box and said you are going to have to beat us by throwing. Dally responded with a 22-26 for 410 yards and 6 TDs performance. He also rushed for 40 yards on 8 carries and Cal Poly ended up rushing for 190 yards for 600 total yards on the night.

I am not saying he should win the Walter Payton Award, but he should at least be in the discussion of the top 16 offensive players in the FCS.

I think they're hating on him because of that semi-homo tatoo on his leg. Seriously, you should never tatoo your own name on your body...it's lame. xthumbsupx

slostang
October 27th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the semi-homo lame post.

smallcollegefbfan
October 27th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the semi-homo lame post.

If I was a Cal Poly fan I would not want Dally added to the list because he could take votes away from Barden. We all know that Barden is the best player on the team and should be the one on the list. If you add Dally he could take votes away from Barden and diminish his chances at winning the award. It would surprise me if he was added to the list. I think Mr. C knows the outcome of voting when you add 2 players from one school and that it hurts the better candidate. It is better to put your top candidate on the list and try to get him as many votes as possible.

coover
October 27th, 2008, 02:16 PM
slostang has a point. So does SmallCollege. But overall, slostangs point should probably prevail. While Barden is Poly's best candidate, Dally makes the offense go. Dally should be on the list.

slostang
October 27th, 2008, 02:29 PM
If I was a Cal Poly fan I would not want Dally added to the list because he could take votes away from Barden. We all know that Barden is the best player on the team and should be the one on the list. If you add Dally he could take votes away from Barden and diminish his chances at winning the award. It would surprise me if he was added to the list. I think Mr. C knows the outcome of voting when you add 2 players from one school and that it hurts the better candidate. It is better to put your top candidate on the list and try to get him as many votes as possible.

I think that Barden is one of the best players in the FCS and having Dally on the list will take away from his chances, but we both know that it more than likely will not go to a WR. Dally numbers deserve recognition.

It was a similar situation when you had both Ball and Santos from UNH on it a few years back.

smallcollegefbfan
October 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I think that Barden is one of the best players in the FCS and having Dally on the list will take away from his chances, but we both know that it more than likely will not go to a WR. Dally numbers deserve recognition.

It was a similar situation when you had both Ball and Santos from UNH on it a few years back.

Well, it is similar but not totally the same. Santos had been a star since his freshman year and was previously on the Payton list while Dally is good but has not been on the list before. I agree with you guys that Dally should be among the top 16 but I also think that your best shot is Barden. Barden has been on the list before and his NFL stock will help his exposure to voters.

ericsaid
October 27th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Armanti Edwards has 1500+ passing yards and 500+ rushing and has 23 touchdowns against much tougher competition than what Cal Poly has faced week in and week out.

Try again later when he does well in the playoffs against real competition.

slostang
October 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Edit.

Syntax Error
October 27th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Dally, preseason second team all-american QB, not on the list is a huge omission. Barden is not the focus on CP's team.

malibudude
October 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Dally, preseason second team all-american QB, not on the list is a huge omission. Barden is not the focus on CP's team.

Dally makes the offense work at an exremely high level, however Barden allows it to work at this level. SDSU doubled Barden pretty much the entire game, and CP rushed for 290 yards, controlled the clock and managed the game. Barden only had two catches for 40 yards, but forced SDSU to play 9 against the remaining 10. With SUU, they had 8 in the box all night and CP(Dally) threw for 400 yards, with Barden having 12 receptions, >200 yards and two TD's. It's a tough scheme to defense. Dally and Barden are the keys, but without the presence of Barden, it would not be as effective.

UNHWildCats
October 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM
what exactly is semi homo about a tatoo?

citdog
October 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM
what exactly is semi homo about a tatoo?

IF IT SAYS "INSERT HERE" ABOVE THE ASS IT'S FULL ON HOMOxnodx