PDA

View Full Version : no tailgating until 5 at asu Friday

elkinftball2002
October 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
This sure does ruin my plans

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I thought it was 3 but they had asked for people to wait till 5 in respect for classes.?

mountain_man
October 27th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I thought it was 3 but they had asked for people to wait till 5 in respect for classes.?

I think that's just in the lots around classrooms. I think if you are in Greenwood or Stadium you can get started at 3. I deleted my email, so I can't remember.

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I think that's just in the lots around classrooms. I think if you are in Greenwood or Stadium you can get started at 3. I deleted my email, so I can't remember.

Cool. Thanks!

CrackerRiley
October 27th, 2008, 10:37 AM
that's how I understand it...
GoASU explanation (http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=104458&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1610015)

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
How bad would it suck to be in statistics class and look out the window to see some guys tailgating with a big keg and speakers blaring!!

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 10:40 AM
How bad would it suck to be in statistics class and look out the window to see some guys tailgating with a big keg and speakers blaring!!

Speakers, possible. Kegs, unfortunately no.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Speakers, possible. Kegs, unfortunately no.

I guess not (didn't think that one all the way through).

But if you saw the Solo cups, you'd be depressed...

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I guess not (didn't think that one all the way through).

But if you saw the Solo cups, you'd be depressed...

Haha. Indeed I would. But lucky for me I'll be one with a full solo cup! Then empty, then full, then empty........and so on.

appfan2008
October 27th, 2008, 10:57 AM
You can start at 3 in stadium, greenwood, and rivers street parking deck... alll others must wait until 5... still plenty of time!

biggie
October 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Saw some kegs around this past Saturday. We're thinking of getting one. But we'll get started around 10am (not an 'official' parking lot).

Rekdiver
October 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Will be in the stadium lot at 4:30. If you have a keg under a big blanket they don't look that closely. BUT if they see a liquor bottle, they will warn you or maybe take it.

biggie
October 27th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Will be in the stadium lot at 4:30. If you have a keg under a big blanket they don't look that closely. BUT if they see a liquor bottle, they will warn you or maybe take it.
The good thing about being away from the Stad lot, much less strict rule enforcement.

Since I'll probably be enjoying scotch all day long.

appst97
October 27th, 2008, 11:34 AM

Lies. Damn Lies. and Statistics

AppAlum
October 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I love how nearly every thread is an App thread.

94Terrier
October 27th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I wonder just how many classes will be cut on Friday, especially in the afternoon hours?

appst97
October 27th, 2008, 11:38 AM
All

blueballs
October 27th, 2008, 11:39 AM
BUT if they see a liquor bottle, they will warn you or maybe take it.

That's just unamerican...xlolx

biggie
October 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I wonder just how many classes will be cut on Friday, especially in the afternoon hours?
If its normal, then everyone above Fresh/Soph won't have Friday classes at all anyway. Otherwise the younger student classes will be a desert wasteland.

The amazing thing is how many people I know that are taking the day off of work (myself included).

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 12:57 PM
If its normal, then everyone above Fresh/Soph won't have Friday classes at all anyway. Otherwise the younger student classes will be a desert wasteland.

The amazing thing is how many people I know that are taking the day off of work (myself included).

+ 1 here. Heading up Thursday night so I can hunt Friday morning.

Grizzaholic
October 27th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I need to ask this question. IN your tailgate area, you must drink out of SOLO cups? Cans and bottles are not allowed? And you cannot have bottled liquor? And kegs are out of the question???? So how do you get your favorite beverage into the solo cups if all of the transport devices are not allowed?

biggie
October 27th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I need to ask this question. IN your tailgate area, you must drink out of SOLO cups? Cans and bottles are not allowed? And you cannot have bottled liquor? And kegs are out of the question???? So how do you get your favorite beverage into the solo cups if all of the transport devices are not allowed?

A can has never been a problem, especially with a koozie. Otherwise just poor carefully. The won't search anyone out to get them in trouble, mostly when you are dumb about things.

elon77
October 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM

what time is kickoff ?

appfan2008
October 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
8pm kickoff and I will be leaving durham after work at 4pm bc i cant get off any sooner... no traffic, that puts me in boone at 6:45... I could care less about tailgating I just have to be in the stadium by about 730 to see the band perform and the team run out...

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
what time is kickoff ?

8PM

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
its always been 5 pm for friday night games in the past.

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=104458&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1610015

so do yall read that article to say that students who win a parking spot in raley are allowed to park in raley beginning at 3pm, or 5pm?

asucraig33
October 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I'm still a bit confused on the Stadium Lot.

From ARTICLE:

AT 3 P.M.:

• ALL RESERVED LOTS (except for the Library Parking Deck) MAY BE ACCESSED BY STUDENTS, FANS and YOSEF CLUB PATRONS with RESERVED YOSEF CLUB PARKING PASSES AT THIS TIME.

So, does that mean that Stadium Lot (since it's usually reserved for Yosef Club Members) will be open at 3pm?

I know it's far away from all the classes, but are they just going to allow us to park there or do you think we can tailgate there at 3pm too? This is URGENT, cause my friend's parents gave us their stadium pass for the game!!!

I wish they would just be simple and straightforward and say: alcohol consumption is allowed in Stadium at 3pm or something. xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM

you can drink beer out the can, no problem. you ARE NOT SUPPOSED to drink any liquor at all, but if youre drinking a mixed drink, and not causing much of a ruckus, you're most likely fine. kegs are surely out of the question, and too much of a hassle to get one in NC these days anyway. but you can (and most people do) fight the system and drink about anything you want to.

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 02:22 PM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=104458&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1610015

so do yall read that article to say that students who win a parking spot in raley are allowed to park in raley beginning at 3pm, or 5pm?

I'm thinking 3.

biggie
October 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Yes, tailgating in the on campus lots starts at 3pm, they just don't want loud music/loud drunk people until after 5pm.

Woof
October 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Yes, tailgating in the on campus lots starts at 3pm, they just don't want loud music/loud drunk people until after 5pm.

Just so ya'll are clear, this guy is THE LAW :

and he will not take too kindly if you do this before 5:00 PM:

elon77
October 27th, 2008, 03:14 PM
8PM

Thank you very much. I have a high school game I must take in, but I will be able to catch the second half.

neersnbeers
October 27th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Thank you very much. I have a high school game I must take in, but I will be able to catch the second half.

Good deal! I'm kind of a nerd and am recording it so I can watch later.

Woof
October 27th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Oh yeah, sometimes it gets a little nippy up on the mountain, so you may want to build yosef a fire before you take a dip in the hot tub !

Making your own bubbles....pricelessxthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Oh yeah, sometimes it gets a little nippy up on the mountain, so you may want to build yosef a fire before you take a dip in the hot tub !

Making your own bubbles....pricelessxthumbsupx

that has got to be INCREDIBLY hot!xoopsx

Grizzaholic
October 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
you can drink beer out the can, no problem. you ARE NOT SUPPOSED to drink any liquor at all, but if youre drinking a mixed drink, and not causing much of a ruckus, you're most likely fine. kegs are surely out of the question, and too much of a hassle to get one in NC these days anyway. but you can (and most people do) fight the system and drink about anything you want to.

Tell me the story. We can get them everywhere just about. Grocery stores, a couple of beer depots sell them as well. If you know someone that is a mgr or owner of a gas station they can also get them.

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Tell me the story. We can get them everywhere just about. Grocery stores, a couple of beer depots sell them as well. If you know someone that is a mgr or owner of a gas station they can also get them.

well i take that back, to an extent.....you can get them, but its not as easy as you say it is in Montana.

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/pendulum/Issues/2006/12_07/news/keg.xhtml

Grizzaholic
October 27th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Kidd, that is some hard core stuff.

beauvighn
October 27th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Statistics Class? at Dreadlock U. You gotta be kidding me. I bet there will not be a butt in a classroom seat on Friday. Why should an education get in the way of a football game xrolleyesx .

SideLine Shooter
October 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
That's just unamerican...xlolx

Careful how you say that. You'll get a warning. This is not the political wing.

BearsCountry
October 27th, 2008, 09:33 PM
How many people actually have classes at 3 or later on Friday?

Maroon&White
October 27th, 2008, 09:38 PM
How many people actually have class on friday? xeekx :)

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 10:18 PM
How many people actually have class on friday? xeekx :)

a lot at ASU......most people don't have it set up to where you dont have Friday classes as most classes are either MWF or Tuesday Thursday.....I myself, have 1 at 1pm.

mountaineertider
October 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I've got classes at 10 am and 11 am.

For those of you guys that go up to the Quinn before the game, I'll be "working" from 3:30-6:00. Come say hey if you're around - I'll be the guy in the yellow supervisor shirt wondering why time is going by so slowly.

Woof
October 28th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Statistics Class? at Dreadlock U. You gotta be kidding me. I bet there will not be a butt in a classroom seat on Friday. Why should an education get in the way of a football game xrolleyesx .

I guess that it all depends on how you define "classroom" and what "statistics" you are studying ?