PDA

View Full Version : Prognosticating the Patriot: Week 11

colgate13
November 9th, 2005, 03:34 PM
This is a double dip post since it's is also celebrating my 5,000th post on AGS. I figured what better way than to use it for my Prognosticating piece that I've gotten a lot of fun out of doing. Here's this week's short and sweet:

Colgate over Bucknell
Holy Cross over Lafayette
Georgetown over Davidson
Lehigh over Fordham

All up on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com).

To celebrate my 5,000th post, I'm going to post one gratutious Colgate pic for every 1,000 posts.

1.Kenny Parker, WR - game winning TD vs. Lafayette
http://cmsimg.uticaod.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CA&Date=20051109&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=511090303&Ref=AR&Profile=1030&MaxW=310

2. Josh Wurst, DT - PL Defensive POW
http://athletics.colgate.edu/football/2005%20images/Josh%20Wurst.jpg

3. Mike Saraceno, QB
http://athletics.colgate.edu/football/2005%20images/Mike%20Saraceno%20A.jpg

4. Jordan Scott - RB. Sure to be PL Rookie of the Year and might rush for 1,000 as a frosh - in 9 games

http://athletics.colgate.edu/football/2005%20images/Jordan%20Scott%20D.jpg

5. And for fun, 'gate going in for a TD vs. Cornell

http://www.colgate.edu/imagesWWW/1000/body_1700_54.jpg

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Hey, 13, check out the road uniforms on picture #1. Do you want to change the caption a bit?

OL FU
November 9th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Hey, 13, check out the road uniforms on picture #1. Do you want to change the caption a bit?

Lafayette thought their chances would improve by putting on Lehigh uni's.

13, Congratulations on and thanks for all 5000 and

Go Colgate!!!!

colgate13
November 9th, 2005, 06:38 PM

Nah. I didn't mean for the caption to reflect the actual shot. Parker had the winning TD against the Pards. That was the best pic I could find, even if it does bring up sore memories. I'm 99% to the point where in my memory, the Colgate/Lehigh 2005 game ended at the 3rd quarter. :p

colgate13
November 9th, 2005, 06:39 PM
13, Congratulations on and thanks for all 5000 and

Go Colgate!!!!
:bow: :rotateh: :bow:

I can only say to AGS, thanks for putting up with my 5,002 posts (and counting). It would've been easier to just hit the 'ignore' button! :)

blukeys
November 9th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Congrats on 5000 gate. I have learned much from your posts and have appreciated your dedication to educating the rest of us about the Patriot League.

Hoping your guys do well and that you postpone for a long time entry to Crapsville. IF you come in I will buy you a drink as long as it isn't some weird flavored water. (we don't carry that crap) ;) ;) ;)

ngineer
November 9th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Congrats '13'--like the first photo. What the hell, the Leopards might as well our unis, since we had to the line THEIR field the other week for them...Couldn't handle the water :rolleyes:
Agree with your picks--assuming Silva plays for the Crusaders. Heard he missed last week.

cosmo here
November 10th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Congrats '13'--like the first photo. What the hell, the Leopards might as well our unis, since we had to the line THEIR field the other week for them...Couldn't handle the water :rolleyes:

maybe you could explain this, it's a little hard to understand.

ngineer
November 10th, 2005, 12:26 PM
maybe you could explain this, it's a little hard to understand.

The other week, Lafayette actually asked Lehigh to come down to Easton and line their field for them. Due to all the rain that occured, Lafayette was unable to re-line their field because they use some kind of waterbased material. Lehigh, I guess, uses some type of latex paint. All I know is that the Magnanimous Mountain Hawks accomodated the Lineless Leopards :D

LBPop
November 10th, 2005, 02:07 PM
13, Congratulations on and thanks for all 5000

Impressive...both in quantity and quality.

I do have a concern, however. At an average of 8 posts per day (assuming one day off per week), I figure it takes about 45 minutes per day to do that. Then I would guess it takes about 2 hours per day reading all this stuff so you can comment. Then I expect that you invest an hour or two per day researching for and preparing your blog. That comes to over 4 hours per day devoted to I-AA. Just about the same commitment as when you played.... :rolleyes: :eek:

colgate13
November 10th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Impressive...both in quantity and quality.

I do have a concern, however. At an average of 8 posts per day (assuming one day off per week), I figure it takes about 45 minutes per day to do that. Then I would guess it takes about 2 hours per day reading all this stuff so you can comment. Then I expect that you invest an hour or two per day researching for and preparing your blog. That comes to over 4 hours per day devoted to I-AA. Just about the same commitment as when you played.... :rolleyes: :eek:

Just don't share that finding with my employer. :eek::o:p

Leopard's Claw
November 10th, 2005, 09:54 PM
OK, new to this.....but hopefully not screwing it up. For the record- Lehigh uses a local Landscaper/grass cutter/snow removal/field painter company (Brickman) for at least, as far as I know, Goodman campus- even provides a quid-pro-quo in the form of storage space. Lafayette, acknowledging good professional work, recently (last year) began hiring Brickman for the lining of the field as well. The painting of the mud (kinda actually ended up having an old Candlestick Park Raiders-A's look to it) was nothing new (except for the mud/clay, that is)...

Grizo406
November 10th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Nice job, 13...post whatever you want to. I'll continue to read what you post unless it's a slam on the Griz.

You are the only reason I bought a Colgate t-shirt, and wear it with pride, and lie to whoever asks me about it..."Yeah, I went there...graduated in '78...wanna' make something of it?"

colgate13
November 11th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Nice job, 13...post whatever you want to. I'll continue to read what you post unless it's a slam on the Griz.

You are the only reason I bought a Colgate t-shirt, and wear it with pride, and lie to whoever asks me about it..."Yeah, I went there...graduated in '78...wanna' make something of it?"

I am truly humbled. :bow: :o

And did you notice I picked Montana's uni's in the poll! ;)

ngineer
November 11th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I am truly humbled. :bow: :o

And did you notice I picked Montana's uni's in the poll! ;)

What's this a bunch of moron...ah mean maroons lovefeast? ;) :D