PDA

View Full Version : State the case for McNeese to be top 25

dbackjon
October 26th, 2008, 09:17 PM
No smack, just having a hell of a time getting to 25.

For McNeese: Beat SDSU by 2.
Against - only 2-2 in FCS games, with FCS wins over SDSU and a one FCS win SHSU.

Losses to Texas State, Nicholls State(Very bad loss, first win for NSU), and North Carolina.

Based on that, is McNeese top 25?

slycat
October 26th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Yes so it helps Texas States GPI.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dbackjon
October 26th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Yes so it helps Texas States GPI.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Texas State is in my top 25. Texas State winning out helps NAU ;)

WrenFGun
October 26th, 2008, 09:23 PM
No, McNeese State is not a top 25 team, though I can agree that this weeks poll has been VERY hard to get through. Take a look at Maine, for a top 25 candidate.

dbackjon
October 26th, 2008, 09:29 PM
No, McNeese State is not a top 25 team, though I can agree that this weeks poll has been VERY hard to get through. Take a look at Maine, for a top 25 candidate.

Thanks.

Maine is in my top 25.

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Nicholls should not be as bad as people make them out to be. Got royally screwed by storms and devastation. If they had those practices and could've played 60 minutes much earlier in the season, they'd be threatening for the SLC title...

dbackjon
October 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Nicholls should not be as bad as people make them out to be. Got royally screwed by storms and devastation. If they had those practices and could've played 60 minutes much earlier in the season, they'd be threatening for the SLC title...

They have had problems, but they are not a team that a top 25 team should lose too.

WrenFGun
October 26th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Who isn't threatening for the SLC title? xlolx I jest, rough season for the SLC, but they'll be back.

For the purposes of my poll, Liberty made their way back in by virtue of a relatively terrible performance by most of my bottom half. Gave some strong thought to moving SDSU back in, too, given their 3-1 conference record and some tough losses.

McNeese75
October 26th, 2008, 10:21 PM
The homer in me says the Cowboys are still a top 25 team but if they fall by the wayside it is really no big deal. MSU will stir the SLC pot over the next few weeks but they will not be in the playoffs this year. Tx State is in my top 25 now.

Although they are and should be ranked ahead of McNeese I have certainly not been impressed with UNH so I guess it just depends on what part of the country you live it doesnt it. xcoolx

malibudude
October 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Based on the UNC result and SDSU on the road. My bias would be "yes" they are a top 25 team.