PDA

View Full Version : Last 4 Weeks in the Patriot League

TheValleyRaider
October 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Because we ought to be able to discuss the overall state of the League here rather than in the game prediction thread, and I'm 100% in favor of more Patriot League threads in the Discussion Forum xthumbsupx

4 Weeks to Go
Lafayette 2-0 (6-1)
Colgate 2-0 (6-2)
Holy Cross 2-0 (4-3)
Bucknell 1-1 (4-3)
Lehigh 1-1 (2-5)
Fordham 0-3 (3-4)
Georgetown 0-3 (1-6)

Remaining Schedules
Lafayette (2-0)
at Colgate
at Bucknell
Holy Cross
Lehigh

Colgate (2-0)
Lafayette
at Lehigh
BYE
Holy Cross

Holy Cross (2-0)
Bucknell
Fordham
at Lafayette
at Colgate

Bucknell (1-1)
at Holy Cross
Lafayette
at Lehigh
Fordham

Lehigh (1-1)
at Georgetown
Colgate
Bucknell
at Lafayette

Fordham (0-3)
Marist
at Holy Cross
Georgetown
at Bucknell

Georgetown (0-3)
Lehigh
Marist
at Fordham
BYE

Guesses? Discussion? Anything? Should be fun xcoolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx

blur2005
October 26th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Because we ought to be able to discuss the overall state of the League here rather than in the game prediction thread, and I'm 100% in favor of more Patriot League threads in the Discussion Forum xthumbsupx

4 Weeks to Go
Lafayette 2-0 (6-1)
Colgate 2-0 (6-2)
Holy Cross 2-0 (4-3)
Bucknell 1-1 (4-3)
Lehigh 1-1 (2-5)
Fordham 0-3 (3-4)
Georgetown 0-3 (1-6)

Remaining Schedules
Lafayette (2-0)
at Colgate
at Bucknell
Holy Cross
Lehigh

Colgate (2-0)
Lafayette
at Lehigh
BYE
Holy Cross

Holy Cross (2-0)
Bucknell
Fordham
at Lafayette
at Colgate

Bucknell (1-1)
at Holy Cross
Lafayette
at Lehigh
Fordham

Lehigh (1-1)
at Georgetown
Colgate
Bucknell
at Lafayette

Fordham (0-3)
Marist
at Holy Cross
Georgetown
at Bucknell

Georgetown (0-3)
Lehigh
Marist
at Fordham
BYE

Guesses? Discussion? Anything? Should be fun xcoolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx
I mean, of the PL teams, who has looked the best so far? I'm thinking probably Lafayette but I'm not really up on the PL this year.

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 01:18 PM
O no look at what I've started.

Dane96
October 26th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Lafayette is the class of the league right now, however Colgate has opened my eyes. That game should settle who is going to rep the PL in the playoffs and, frankly, I wouldnt want to play either in a first round game.

That task will come down, based on regionalization, to Richmond, UMASS, Villanova...or can Maine sneak in?

hvsader
October 26th, 2008, 01:38 PM
...woulda, coulda, shoulda, but for 7 points vs umass, harvard, yale, Holy Cross is 7-0. Gotta make you wonder...

letsgopards04
October 26th, 2008, 01:43 PM
The winner of Colgate v Lafayette up in Hamilton should decide the league rep.

TheValleyRaider
October 26th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Lafayette looks to be the most rounded, and has the best OOC win so far, at Liberty. They're probably the favorite

Colgate, well, I know too much about the relative to the rest of the League, but the defense concerns me. It's not the usually strong unit it has been. But, they have looked solid the last couple of weeks (Cornell, Bucknell) after some big plays early in the game. As the season goes on, Colgate always seems to get stronger, and the running game has been incredible so far

Holy Cross is a tough one to figure out. They were very close to the best OOC win in the League (UMass), but fell short. On the one hand, you can say they are thisclose to an undefeated record. On the other, they did lose to a mediocre Yale, and well, good teams find ways to win those close games.... Still, I'm not prepared to count HC out of the race right yet. They have the best offense in the League, and can can keep scoring pace with anyone. Toughest part for them is having to go to Lafayette and Colgate in consecutive weeks to close the season

Bucknell and Lehigh still have outside shots, but need a fair amount of help. They seem to have less talent than the rest of the League, and are a step behind, but both are more than capable of ruining someone's season late in the year

Fordham is, I think, better than their 0-3 record indicates, but 0-3 is 0-3 and they are dead. Plenty of skill, as we saw last year, and could surprise HC if the Crusaders aren't ready. I wonder if that loss to Colgate hurt their psyche at all xchinscratchx

Georgetown, yes, is out of the race, especially given their remaining schedule doesn't feature any of the front-runners

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Lafayette maybe the favorite but they have the toughest remaining schedule IMO.

crusader11
October 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
The winner of Colgate v Lafayette up in Hamilton should decide the league rep.

Really don't understand why seemingly everyone has counted Holy Cross out of the race for the PL.

LCFan21
October 26th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Lafayette maybe the favorite but they have the toughest remaining schedule IMO.

What are you basing that on? Just curious - it seems to me all of the contenders have a few tough games remaining.

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
What are you basing that on? Just curious - it seems to me all of the contenders have a few tough games remaining.

Well @ Colgate is a disadvantage. Bucknell isn't likely to pull an upset on the road but they might at home. Colgate still has to play Lehigh but I'm willing to guess Lehigh will be fighting alot harder vs. Lafayette. Doesn't matter who should win, it's always a toss up. Isn't Lafayette going to be getting a little home sick soon?

LCFan21
October 26th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Well @ Colgate is a disadvantage. Bucknell isn't likely to pull an upset on the road but they might at home. Colgate still has to play Lehigh but I'm willing to guess Lehigh will be fighting alot harder vs. Lafayette. Doesn't matter who should win, it's always a toss up. Isn't Lafayette going to be getting a little home sick soon?

I pray that game is for all the marbles!

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I pray that game is for all the marbles!

Yea I hope one of the two teams have a shot at the PL title, because if we can't win it I'd love to spoil your chances.xsmiley_wix :)

LCFan21
October 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Isn't Lafayette going to be getting a little home sick soon?

Not at 2-0 with big wins over Liberty and then sending the defending champs packing with an old fashioned but kicking - we play well on the road - especially in November.

LCFan21
October 26th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Really don't understand why seemingly everyone has counted Holy Cross out of the race for the PL.

That is a mistake whenever you have Randolph on the field. HC has taken good teams DEEP in games. I give them a very good chance!

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
The Pards are a much better road team, for some reason. I would rather us play the rest of our games on the road. This year reminds me of 2004 a little bit... road warriors... though, we lost to Colgate that year on the road :(

Go...gate
October 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I want Colgate to win very much, but realistically, the Colgate defense is not up to par.

I have a feeling it will be HC or LC.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2008, 07:20 PM

Not everyone. HC has a hell of a chance to grab their first play-off appearance in 25 years.