PDA

View Full Version : Who is the REAL FCS #1

WOCO
October 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
James Madison could very easily have 2 or 3 more losses if not for pure luck. App has lost to a FCS school. Wofford's only loss is to South Carolina? Make your argument. I'm going for Wofford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vaughtdj
October 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
can wofford say they beat five top ten teams?

Reign of Terrier
October 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
can wofford say they beat five top ten teams?

Can anyone else say they beat a top 5 team by 35?

alexale23
October 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
James Madison could very easily have 2 or 3 more losses if not for pure luck. App has lost to a FCS school. Wofford's only loss is to South Carolina? Make your argument. I'm going for Wofford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What 2 or 3 lose are u referring to because every game we won only 1 was last second. The Richmond game was tied so overtime would have decided that. App state we pulled away and they had to try an onside kick. If you look at any top team im sure they also pulled out a last minute victory. Every top team could have lost look at app last week..

ITS CALLED MAGIC BABY

tribe_pride
October 25th, 2008, 06:03 PM

App has lost to JMU so take them out of the equation.

Wofford has beaten teams with records of 2-6, 1-7, 3-4, 3-5, 3-5 and 7-1 and lost to South Carolina

JMU has beaten teams with records of 1-6, 4-3, 6-2, 4-3, 3-4, 5-3 and 5-1 and lost to Duke

Wofford only has 1 good win over the current #5 team. JMU has beaten the current #2, 6, 8, and 18 teams

Gotta take JMU for now.

Some records in each of these are before today, others are after.

By the way like jmufan999, you are a new poster. Wait a little bit before you start posts like this. Enjoy your win for today.

matfu
October 25th, 2008, 06:04 PM
i think several caa teams and at least wofford and app state in the southern conference could win it all. i am hoping furman will win out and win it all.

Eight Legger
October 25th, 2008, 06:07 PM
It seems pretty evident that games involving any two of JMU, Villanova and Richmond could go either way every time. If one of these teams is not playing for the national championship, I will be stunned.

Right now Wofford looks like the cream of the crop in the SoCon. Will be intersting to see what happens vs. App.

Outside of these 5, there may be one or two other teams that could sneak into the title game, but it seems unlikely at this point.

WUTNDITWAA
October 25th, 2008, 06:15 PM
We'll find out in December.xreadx

madisonfan87
October 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Wow, jealous are we that JMU is #1 despite some lucky wins

JMad03
October 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM
A win is a win. You could make the argument that there are many teams out there that have gotten lucky breaks. But they still have a W. I could understand the argument a little bit more if those teams were bottom tiered teams.
I'd say the same if it were any other team.
For argument's sake, I don't see any other team that can be ranked higher than JMU at this point. If we didn't play App St, I would have to put them in the argument, but JMU won head to head. Elon lost, so they are out of the discussion. Villanova had been talk about as a possibility, but they lost as well to JMU, regardless of circumstances. Wofford I could definitely see in the discussion. But as someone already mentioned, their schedule has been a bit weaker in regards to their opponent's records. The game against App. St. will be very telling for both teams.
If your only argument for Wofford is that they haven't loss to any FCS teams, neither has JMU.
I see JMU as most tested so far due to playing more high ranked teams.

Syntax Error
October 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM
hmmmmmmmm...

Currently ranked
1. James Madison beats #6 Villanova on the road by 1
2. Appalachian St. beats #16 Furman at home by 12
3. Cal Poly hosts unranked Southern Utah
4. Wofford beats #5 Elon on the road by 35

smcwildcat
October 25th, 2008, 06:42 PM
JMU at this point.....that "magic" isnt running out anytime soon

apppackdad
October 25th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Right now,JMU. They have done everything they have needed to do home and away. We do actually decide this on the field in FCS. For now JMU has earned all the accolades.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
JMU, style points don't matter. If you win by 12 points over 12 games....

DB_Atlantic10
October 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Man, you don't have a clue..... This is the 4th top ten team JMU has played in 8 games...so because the pulled out close one's on the road against the #5 and #7, you want to drop them out of 1st. I can give you a 1000 examples of this, but this is not worth any more of my time.....xcoffeex

Syntax Error
October 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
WOCO
Opponents records: 24-31
Avg score: 40.4-20.7

JMU
Opponents records: 30-26
Avg score: 36.3-21

JmuSkinsfan
October 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
WOCO

JMU

Touche. Thank you.

apppackdad
October 25th, 2008, 06:56 PM
WOCO. You get your opportunity next Friday at THE ROCK. Good win today,but you really do not yet have that big resume win that JMU has. This is FCS, ON THE FIELD BABY, ON THE FIELD.

Syntax Error
October 25th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Touche. Thank you.Pretty similar but after next week Wofford your case can be made with a convincing win.

HensRock
October 25th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Elon never deserved to be a top 5 team.

BestOfBreed
October 25th, 2008, 06:58 PM
JMU gets to keep it for at least one more week xnutsx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM
WOCO

JMU

Records do not necessarily indicate strength of schedule. Why not throw San Diego in the discussion (I know they lost today... I'm just saying...)

I have had Wofford highly ranked for weeks now, along with New Hampshire. Both keep proving themselves worthy. The Elon game did not really surprise me. Having strong lines and a strong running game usually beats a passing team - just like JMU has a good track record vs. UNH.

JMU is the clear #1 for now. The linebacker situation might eventually catch up to JMU, as it almost did today.

JmuSkinsfan
October 25th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Honestly, before this weekend I thought Elon was way too overrated, and Wofford was Underrated. That being said...here would be my top 5 if i voted in AGS...

1. JMU
2. ASU
3. Wofford
4. Villanova
5. Richmond

JmuSkinsfan
October 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
JMU gets to keep it for at least one more week xnutsx

Nope. If JMU beats UD next weekend, then JMU will remain #1 regardless. Are you insinuating that if Wofford beats ASU that WC should be #1? I mean...don't get me wrong...I'll give props to WC and put them at #2 no doubt...but they don't leapfrog jMu...

neersnbeers
October 25th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Next week might be the craziest KBS has ever been. I'll be in rare form, fo sho.

Syntax Error
October 25th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Elon never deserved to be a top 5 team.yes they did, their only loss was to UR in week 1, they beat GSU and Furman, they just ran into the machine that is Wofford

DB_Atlantic10
October 25th, 2008, 07:06 PM
yes they did, their only loss was to UR in week 1, they beat GSU and Furman, they just ran into the machine that is WoffordThank GOD we have a play-off system..xbowx

IaaScribe
October 25th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Dayton :)

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 25th, 2008, 07:08 PM
If Wofford beats App., The Citadel, and Furman I will say they are the best team in the country. Until then, the jury is out on WC. They did look pretty strong today, though.

JmuSkinsfan
October 25th, 2008, 07:10 PM
If Wofford beats App., The Citadel, and Furman I will say they are the best team in the country. Until then, the jury is out on WC. They did look pretty strong today, though.

Homerism aside. JMU beats #1 App State, #3 UMASS, #5 Richmond and #7 Villnova.

Honestly, I would vote them 1a and 1b.

That's what the playoffs are for though...and I don't think WC will beat ASU.

KiddBrewer
October 25th, 2008, 07:10 PM
"who is the real fcs #1"..........we'll figure that out in mid december

JMU DUUUKES
October 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
How much more of the top 10 do we need to beat ... sheesh. Thats 4 top 10 wins while teams were in the top 10. And none were lower than #7.

IaaScribe
October 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Folks, the answer is JMU.

The question is: Who is No. 2? Wofford or App State?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 25th, 2008, 07:19 PM
yes they did, their only loss was to UR in week 1, they beat GSU and Furman, they just ran into the machine that is Wofford

And they put up 31 on that Furman team that has a pretty good defense (see the scores with Va Tech and today's game with ASU).

Syntax Error
October 25th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Records do not necessarily indicate strength of schedule...Avg GPI (last week's) of opponents:
WOCO - 58.4
JMU - 32.6

millwoga1
October 25th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Duke beat Vandy who beat SC
JMU lost to Duke
Woff lost to SC

It's like a SAT Question

millwoga1
October 25th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I know of one more vote we will get in the coaches poll- we've now earned two votes the last two weeks and they most likely are the two opposing head coaches we faced.

DB_Atlantic10
October 25th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I know of one more vote we will get in the coaches poll- we've now earned two votes the last two weeks and they most likely are the two opposing head coaches we faced. You may want to worry about ASU next week and not the number of first place votes you get in a play-off system. A number two seed is just as good as a number one seed... you can win at home up to Chatty if I'm right...

millwoga1
October 25th, 2008, 07:58 PM
You may want to worry about ASU next week and not the number of first place votes you get in a play-off system. A number two seed is just as good as a number one seed... you can win at home up to Chatty if I'm right...

I'm not worried about votes as it may seem but my point was that opposing coaches we play are impressed- that's it
I actually prefer us to be ranked behind App and JMU. Bodes well for us to play as an underdog

Appaholic
October 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
App has lost to JMU so take them out of the equation.

Wofford has beaten teams with records of 2-6, 1-7, 3-4, 3-5, 3-5 and 7-1 and lost to South Carolina

JMU has beaten teams with records of 1-6, 4-3, 6-2, 4-3, 3-4, 5-3 and 5-1 and lost to Duke

Wofford only has 1 good win over the current #5 team. JMU has beaten the current #2, 6, 8, and 18 teams

Gotta take JMU for now.

Some records in each of these are before today, others are after.

By the way like jmufan999, you are a new poster. Wait a little bit before you start posts like this. Enjoy your win for today.

Agree.....gotta go with JMU until someone beats them...they've earned the #1 ranking so far this season....

Dukie95
October 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM

xnodx

Appaholic
October 25th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Give me 6 days and I'll be able to tell you....

Woof
October 25th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I actually prefer us to be ranked behind App and JMU. Bodes well for us to play as an underdog

Agreed. I much prefer the underdog role and our boys play better with a little chip on their shoulder.

Plus, as much as I like our team, I think #1 spot belongs to JMU until someone knocks them off. I am not a Georgia fan, but did not like it at the beginning of the season when they got bumped from #1 even though they won.xoopsx

Dukie95
October 25th, 2008, 08:10 PM
As a JMU fan, the fact that this is a point of discussion is frightening.

We're not going to impress anyone with our remaining schedule, UD and WM at home and Towson on the road. We actually survived the toughest part of our schedule with no FCS losses. (No disrespect intended to WM, but it's a home game)

IF it's really possible to drop in the polls by winning the games we're supposed to, maybe we're really not as much in the drivers seat for the #1 seed as I once thought.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
As a JMU fan, the fact that this is a point of discussion is frightening.

We're not going to impress anyone with our remaining schedule, UD and WM at home and Towson on the road. We actually survived the toughest part of our schedule with no FCS losses. (No disrespect intended to WM, but it's a home game)

IF it's really possible to drop in the polls by winning the games we're supposed to, maybe we're really not as much in the drivers seat for the #1 seed as I once thought.

True, we have played the toughest part of our schedule and deserved the # 1 ranking at this point regardless of how some of the games played out. Please don't discount our remaining schedule....any given saturday...

However, I was surprised how Nova ran on us today and hopefully that is not directly due to losing Brandon for the year. The weather played a huge role in today's game.

DTSpider
October 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Who cares about being #1 in October? I'm just hoping that UR can make the playoffs and have the chance for #1 in December.

Longhorn
October 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM
However, I was surprised how Nova ran on us today and hopefully that is not directly due to losing Brandon for the year.

I'm afraid Nova's success on the ground was a direct result of Brandon not being in there. The two freshman LBs looked lost at times...they didn't know where to line up, and as a result were getting caught out of position time and time again. And given JMU's 4-2-2-3 alignment once a runner breaks past the line of scrimmage the LBs better be there, or else it's going to be an 8-10-12+ yard gain every time.

'neers80
October 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM
you can have #1 until december 19th

jmu007
October 25th, 2008, 08:48 PM
you can have #1 until december 19th

ok, thanks :)

DB_Atlantic10
October 25th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm not worried about votes as it may seem but my point was that opposing coaches we play are impressed- that's it
I actually prefer us to be ranked behind App and JMU. Bodes well for us to play as an underdogCan't say there is a such thing as a Top 5 underdog.......

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2008, 08:50 PM
"who is the real fcs #1"..........we'll figure that out in mid december

Amen to that.

Appaholic
October 25th, 2008, 08:52 PM
hmmmmmmmm...

Currently ranked
1. James Madison beats #6 Villanova on the road by 1
2. Appalachian St. beats #16 Furman at home by 12
3. Cal Poly hosts unranked Southern Utah
4. Wofford beats #5 Elon on the road by 35

Based upon that and the BSC lobby, it's obviously Weber State...xsmiley_wix

LCFan21
October 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM

I can't believe the conversation even took place to begin with xnonono2x xnonono2x

mcveyrl
October 25th, 2008, 09:35 PM
We'll stay number 1, but I'm definitely worried about our LB situation.

Having said that, it's encouraging that we held a run-oriented 'Nova team to enough points that our offense could score enough points against their great D.

beauvighn
October 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Just as Appy should have stayed #1 after getting crushed by LSU , so should JMU. They are #1 until someone knocks them off. Great teams snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Thats what JMU did today. The great thing is come Dec. we will know who the #1 team is. It may be JMU , it may be Appy. I for one am worried not about the rankings , but how our defense is going to contain the machine called App. St. they have had this weeks game marked on the calendar for a whole year. They have kind of gone through the motions so far , but next friday night they will unleash a reign of Terror no man has ever seen before. maybe we should lock up the women and children because this could get ugly.

BDKJMU
October 26th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Elon never deserved to be a top 5 team.

Ditto. I'd been saying this for several week now.

-Elon and Nova both had one loss. Nova's was to BCS WVU who they outgained. Elon didn't play a I-A.

Nova beat UR at home 26-20. Elon lost to UR at home 28-10.

So of course logically Nova was ranked higher, right? Nooo, Elon was 3rd and Nova was 7th. Shows how ALOT of the voters use zero logic.

It looks like Nova should have been 3rd and Elon 7th, or lower and definitely behind UR.

art vandelay
October 26th, 2008, 02:48 AM
I know that everyone hates these hypotheticals. but had Villinova pulled off the W, would nova jump to # 1 for knocking off 2 #1's this year. and should nova drop at all after this loss?

dbackjon
October 26th, 2008, 02:52 AM
jeezus - talking about freaking east coast bias. Top 5 all in CAA or Southern?

BEST TEAM in the country, easily, is WEBER STATE.

art vandelay
October 26th, 2008, 02:56 AM
ok this weber state is #1 has to end im sure there good maybe even the best but you dont have to talk them up just because you lost to them the championship will decide in the end. I promise they are not jumping to the #1 slot this week though.

millwoga1
October 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Can't say there is a such thing as a Top 5 underdog.......

We could play my high school team and Ayers would prepare his team as if they were the underdog. Sure there is - how many teams go in to Kidd Brewer favored to win?

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Based upon that and the BSC lobby, it's obviously Weber State...xsmiley_wix

Yeah, all you ECB mo-fo's just keep underestimating them.... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Six pages of thread, and not a single mention of a team West of the Carolinas... xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Edge316007
October 26th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I really don't know how you don't vote JMU #1. Their strength of schedule is pretty crazy. Not many teams get the chance to play so many Top 10 teams, let alone beat them.

appst97
October 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
JMU and it shouldn't even be close

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
JMU is still the obvious #1 no questions asked until they lose. The real question is who is #2?

South Carolina Duke
October 26th, 2008, 11:12 AM

So, if WC beats #2 and #18 and unranked team in the games to come, they should be rightfully ranked higher than JMU?

Where is the logic?

RazorEdge19
October 26th, 2008, 11:14 AM
So, if WC beats #2 and #18 and unranked team in the games to come, they should be rightfully ranked higher than JMU?

Where is the logic?

I think the assumption here is that they beat these teams solidly, rather then at the last second as JMU has done. All rankings aside.

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I'd stack Cal Poly up against anyone also. They have an FBS win, and are a missed chip shot away from being perfect. Their offense is SCARY good....in the last four games they've scored 52, 49, 42 and 69 points!

God help the two teams that have to play Cal Poly or Weber in the playoffs this year. I just hope it ain't the Griz in the first round... :o :o :o

uofmman1122
October 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'd stack Cal Poly up against anyone also. They have an FBS win, and are a missed chip shot away from being perfect. Their offense is SCARY good....in the last four games they've scored 52, 49, 42 and 69 points!

God help the two teams that have to play Cal Poly or Weber in the playoffs this year. I just hope it ain't the Griz in the first round... :o :o :oWell, we know we won't see Weber in the first round.

Here's to hoping both Montana and Cal Poly get a seed.....on opposite brackets. xprayx

South Carolina Duke
October 26th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I think the assumption here is that they beat these teams solidly, rather then at the last second as JMU has done. All rankings aside.

You know what happens when you assume,.. right. Also, liars tend to figure where as figures do not lie..

GO Dukes

apppackdad
October 26th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Every year we hear this high scoring western team schlop. Montana in their BEST years has proven worthy of it, can't think of any other. Right now,JMU has faced the toughest schedule and found a variety of ways to win. I'm sure that Weber has a good team, but a win over Montana alone does not automatically a top seed/champion make.

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Every year we hear this high scoring western team schlop. Montana in their BEST years has proven worthy of it, can't think of any other. Right now,JMU has faced the toughest schedule and found a variety of ways to win. I'm sure that Weber has a good team, but a win over Montana alone does not automatically a top seed/champion make.

And what win this year makes ASU a top seed? Jacksonville? Presbyterian? Samford? Or that one point blowout of 4-4 GSU?

JMU has....found a variety of ways to win. Translation: luck. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Appstate29
October 26th, 2008, 11:57 AM
And what win this year makes ASU a top seed? Jacksonville? Presbyterian? Samford? Or that one point blowout of 4-4 GSU?

exactly, they can have the 1 seed, if we win out, we have the 2 seed, and they have just about had all the luck they are going to get this season...

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 11:58 AM
exactly, they can have the 1 seed, if we win out, we have the 2 seed, and they have just about had all the luck they are going to get this season...

When was the last time App played a road game in the playoffs? They were all home last year right?

HighRyder08
October 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM
i believe we have had home playoff games for the last 3 years... not positive about the '05 year though

blur2005
October 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM
All this talk about luck is driving me crazy. Sure, this latest win was because of a fortuitous heave to the endzone - I'll give you that. But otherwise, how has JMU been lucky? The Dukes had a punt return TD against Richmond to win a game that was going to overtime otherwise; moreover, if you look at that particular play, had Scotty McGee been pushed out of bounds prior to getting by the last Richmond players, JMU was in field goal range and could've won it that way. Against Appalachian State, JMU wasn't "lucky": they completely outplayed the Mountaineers in the second half and had a magnificent comeback. The only time JMU has truly been lucky this year was this week. Give me a fricken break.

JMU is clearly number one.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM

Where is the logic?

App. State loses by 3 to the best team in the CAA, and has to fight hard to beat GSU, Samford, and Furman. The conference has more "depth" than many give it credit for. If Wofford beats App. in Boone and doesn't lose any more games after that I give them the edge over JMU.

And what win this year makes ASU a top seed? Jacksonville? Presbyterian? Samford? Or that one point blowout of 4-4 GSU who has lost to three top-10 teams by a combined total of four points and is always tough to beat at home?

Fixed your post. By the away, I agree with you on the Big Sky teams. People seem to have forgotten what Eastern Washington did at McNeese State and in Boone last year, and not to mention what the not-playoff bound team did at Texas Tech and Colorado. Top-to-bottom the BSC is not as good as the SoCon or CAA, but I really feel Weber and UM have as good of a chance to win it all as anyone.

apppackdad
October 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM
First, I didn't say App deserved to be #1 at this time. JMU has beaten the defending national champions, the runners up, a semifinalist, all of whom were highly ranked at the time. They just beat a Villanova team that traditionally gives them fits. JMU has won big, come from behind, won at home and the road. Can you really suggest that Weber's resume is close to JMU's? EWU, NAU, NDSU, San Diego(MYGOD, I can't believe I typed that) every year there is one of these hyped up, western phenoms about this time of year.Time will tell if I am right or wrong. History STRONGLY suggests that I am right.xnodx

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
To suggest that JMU might not be number 1 is just plain dumb.

Now if Wofford goes to Boone and wins next weekend ... there may be an argument!

BarefootApp
October 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I stand by my post of several days ago: JMU is #1 until they lose. ASU is the team to beat in the playoffs until someone knocks them off. Winning ugly can cost some votes, but if a team wins every game by 1 point, they are National Champions....so I will take the W's, no matter what.

mlbowl
October 26th, 2008, 01:19 PM
OMG...some of these responses are F'n HILARIOUS! When the Griz were surviving close calls last season we were rewarded by dropping in the polls...you people crack me up!xrolleyesx

ChubbyCherub
October 26th, 2008, 01:23 PM
1jmu
2app
3cal poly-i cant beleive they run the wing-t
4wofford

HensRock
October 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
yes they did, their only loss was to UR in week 1, they beat GSU and Furman, they just ran into the machine that is Wofford

NO THEY DIDN'T.

They lost to Richmond, who it looks like most people had ranked below Elon for some silly reason.
If Richmond wasn't a top 5 team, then no way Elon deserved to be.

Face it. Elon was overrated and was just EXPOSED by WC.

BDKJMU
October 26th, 2008, 05:28 PM
jeezus - talking about freaking east coast bias. Top 5 all in CAA or Southern?

BEST TEAM in the country, easily, is WEBER STATE.

How much does crack cost out in AZ?

Syntax Error
October 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
NO THEY DIDN'TSat 10/25/08 lost to Wofford 55-20
Sat 10/04/08 beat Furman 31-10
Sat 09/20/08 beat Ga Southern 22-20
Sat 08/30/08 lost to Richmond 28-10

What did you mean?

mlbowl
October 26th, 2008, 05:33 PM

I think it costs the same as it does in Southeastern Pa.;)

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM

Cal Poly SHOULD have beaten Montana. They DID beat their FBS opponent. They are for real, and I wouldn't be underestimating them. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM

the ones on crack who think the top FIVE teams in the country are all concentrated in two conferences. xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx

dbackjon
October 26th, 2008, 09:18 PM
the ones on crack who think the top FIVE teams in the country are all concentrated in two conferences. xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx

and what is going to suck is that Cal Poly will face either Montana or Weber, while the top teams in the CAA and SoCon will face OVC, PL, Big South and MEAC teams...

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 09:50 PM
and what is going to suck is that Cal Poly will face either Montana or Weber, while the top teams in the CAA and SoCon will face OVC, PL, Big South and MEAC teams...

But thos PL, Big South and MEAC teams are so TOUGH, jon. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

RabidRabbit
October 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM

IF Cal Poly gets seeded, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start with the Southland Champ, and the BSC champs, Weber St, facing the MVFC #2 (or #3)

UNH, if they make it through with the one loss, may be the 4th seed.

ASU
October 26th, 2008, 11:55 PM

Name another conference that has won a National Championship recently!

HensRock
October 27th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Sat 10/25/08 lost to Wofford 55-20
Sat 10/04/08 beat Furman 31-10
Sat 09/20/08 beat Ga Southern 22-20
Sat 08/30/08 lost to Richmond 28-10

What did you mean?

I meant "NO, THEY DIDN'T" ever deserve a top 5 ranking.

Beating unranked GSU by 2 is not deserving of a top 5 ranking.
Furman seems to be pretty shaky this year. Very inconsistent play.
They LOST to Richmond AT Elon, yet were ranked above UR in the polls?
They have been EXPOSED by Wofford.

What on their resume, would lead anyone to beleive they were ever a top 5 team? It's just mind-boggling to me.

dbackjon
October 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM

What on their resume, would lead anyone to beleive they were ever a top 5 team? It's just mind-boggling to me.

Very wise!

People get too caught up in names, pre-season rankings, and early wins over teams that turn out to be having a down year. I don't think any Hen fans would claim a win over Delaware this year as justification for a top 5 ranking, but in many minds, because of the usual quality of the Delaware teams, a win over UD is a "quality win". Usually is, but not this year.

AshevilleApp2
October 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
JMU is a legit #1. I'd put Wofford at #2 this week after what they did to Elon. Hopefully after Friday, I'll have App back at #2.

appfan2008
October 27th, 2008, 09:40 AM
JMU is the #1 team in the land in October... I want to be number 1 for Christmas!!!

BobcatJH
October 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Cal Poly is the best team in FCS....

AZGrizFan
October 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Name another conference that has won a National Championship recently!

Name another year that matters? This is 2008. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
October 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM

xbowx xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx