PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs UNI????

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Is there a place that I can listen to the game at? I know YSU is hanging around but would like to bounce back and forth from that game and the NAU vs WSU game.

FargoBison
October 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Wow 14-14 end of the 3rd

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Don't think there is a place to listen without paying...

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Sounds like my prediction that YSU had another big game in them might ring true....

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2008, 05:23 PM
UNI just scored 21-14

YSU vs UNI is always a battle...

Barnstormer
October 25th, 2008, 05:25 PM
YSU announcers streaming here...
http://www.570wkbn.com/pages/wkbn_streaming.html

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 05:32 PM
YSU announcers streaming here...
http://www.570wkbn.com/pages/wkbn_streaming.html

Reppies coming!

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Shanked punt from UNI, good field position for YSU.

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 05:36 PM
TOUCHDOWN YSU!!!

Barnstormer
October 25th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Upset alert. :-)

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 05:37 PM
20-21 blocked PAT

Barnstormer
October 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
BLOCKED PAT!!! UNI STILL UP 21-20!!!! That'll take away some momentum.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
UNI recovers onside kick. About 3:45 left.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
UNI wins 21-20 on a blocked point after. Not bad with a redshirt FR QB in first start. All UNI wins will be ugly.

Coach Farley now 8-0 vs YSU as HC.

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I will take a win at Stambaugh anyway we can get one!

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Sounds like my prediction that YSU had another big game in them might ring true....
I know you made that prediction on another website that shall remain unnamed. You also implied I was a Penguin fan.
xnonox

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2008, 09:05 PM
UNI wins 21-20 on a blocked point after. Not bad with a redshirt FR QB in first start. All UNI wins will be ugly.

Coach Farley now 8-0 vs YSU as HC.
Your second string QB beat YSU's fifth string QB?
I'm sure you have a lot to brag about.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Actually Summers came back - 2nd or 3rd string, I can't keep track. Anyway, a junior that has played in more games that our 2nd QB has attempted passes (entering the game).

Anyway, a win is a win. Would anyone give us any more credit if we won by 35?

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Actually Summers came back - 2nd or 3rd string, I can't keep track. Anyway, a junior that has played in more games that our 2nd QB has attempted passes (entering the game).

Anyway, a win is a win. Would anyone give us any more credit if we won by 35?

I have to agree that a win is a win. I think you might be in trouble next week.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Trust me, we are thinking about it. Playing @ WIU 2 years in a row stinks.

Hopefully we heal up, it sounds like we have about 4-5 starters that were out of this game.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Trust me, we are thinking about it. Playing @ WIU 2 years in a row stinks.

Hopefully we heal up, it sounds like we have about 4-5 starters that were out of this game.
Losing Grace stinks for you guys. If he is still out next week...........

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Rumor is that Pat will be back / game time decision.

leatherneck177
October 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM
What happened with Ferlando?

leatherneck177
October 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Rumor is that Pat will be back / game time decision.

I've got a feeling that he starts the game. I know that this is the first meaningful late season game in Macomb in about 5 years. The community/campus is pretty excited.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I suspect that they will hold Pat out if they can. At best he would be @ 80%, probably wearing a brace which will slow him down more.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 11:08 PM

Wasn't he in the hospital with a staph infection?

Chi Panther
October 25th, 2008, 11:12 PM
The QB that played for YSU is their leading passer for the year. Also a I-A transfer. He did a great job of not turning the ball over.

YSU gave UNI much more than we wanted. They had 3 HUGE plays. Otherwise I would say the Defense did pretty good.

This being the first start for Davis who is a Redshirt - Freshman QB....I think he played pretty well.

UNI has a REAL problem with their kickoff team. IF not resloved soon. Will be costly.

GO CATS...Happy to have the norrow'est of margin victory today.

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Doesn't matter how good one team is supposed to be (Us last year) or how bad a team is supposed to be (YSU this year) this game is always gonna be close. So now we've beat Youngstown the last two times by a total of two points

igo4uni
October 26th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Doesn't matter how good one team is supposed to be (Us last year) or how bad a team is supposed to be (YSU this year) this game is always gonna be close. So now we've beat Youngstown the last two times by a total of two points

I'm just happy with the W.

Mountain Panther
October 26th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I am happy with the W as well. My response to anyone who says we almost got beat by a "down" YSU team....

1. Our backup redshirt freshman QB was making his first start.
2. YSU's leading passer was back for this game after an injury.
3. This is THE game that YSU gets that most jacked about every year (think about YOUR rivalry game, it's usually close).

xrulesx

Cap'n Cat
October 27th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I am happy with the W as well. My response to anyone who says we almost got beat by a "down" YSU team....

3. This is THE game that YSU gets that most jacked about every year (think about YOUR rivalry game, it's usually close).

xrulesx

Exactly. Nevermind that it's on the road.

Many different ways to win. We'll take it.

Houndawg
October 27th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Exactly. Nevermind that it's on the road.

I was surprised that they put up 20 on you, defensive injuries?

Chi Panther
October 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM

They had a kick return to the 25, a 61 yard TD Run and 51 yard pass.

I don't think you guys played the same QB we did.....

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I've got a feeling that he starts the game. I know that this is the first meaningful late season game in Macomb in about 5 years. The community/campus is pretty excited.

Weren't you 3-1 in the conf going into our game last year?

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Starting DLine man Huygens barely played.

Houndawg
October 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Starting DLine man Huygens barely played.

You're going to need him for WIU, that ought to be a hell of a game.

:D You changed your sig.

Houndawg
October 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM

That could be our motto this year.

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2008, 09:48 PM
You're going to need him for WIU, that ought to be a hell of a game.

:D You changed your sig.

I was forced to by the admin.

I still stand by WIU being overrated. This is the same setup as last year. They are 3-1 in conf and think they are awesome. We might not be as strong as last year, but I still think we win.

Daved
October 27th, 2008, 09:53 PM

xrulesx

1.Your backup redshirt freshman QB did great!(If you don't want him ,send him to us .) 2.YSU's leading passer (out of the 5 or 6 that have started this year)was indeed back but playing with a bad knee ,it kept him from being a running threat. 3.They may get jacked up about it but in the back of their minds they probably think UNI will beat them in the end (which they always do). 4.I'm sure a lot of UNI players are playing injured-YSU has no choice most of their starters are out for the season and we have no replacements for the replacements.

YSU did have 2 opportunities to win this game after they had their extra point blocked-however UNI's defense stepped up and kept them out of FG range sealing the victory that they earned.The consensus in Ytown was that even with Grace out we would get blown out by 50 or more.This wasn't far-fetched considering our 2 best RB's Smith and Scott,WR-Williams(SR)"Gateway Newcomer of the Year 2007",TE-Bush(SR)"2nd Team All-Gateway 2007",DT-Savage(SR)"Pre-Season All American",CB-Richards(SR),CB-Griffin(SR),DT-Lykes-Knight(SR),DE-Matelan ,and 15,000 YSU "fans??"were all missing(as well as Cap'n Cat).Fortunately it didn't rain or we would've been outnumbered by UNI fans--They listed attendance as 16,000 but it must've been a typo-it looked to me more like 1600 and if it wasn't homecoming and had rained would've been around 160 (and if this wasn't such a big rivalry would've been all UNI fans and about 16 YSU fans.)

uni88
October 27th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I was forced to by the admin.

I still stand by WIU being overrated. This is the same setup as last year. They are 3-1 in conf and think they are awesome. We might not be as strong as last year, but I still think we win.

UNI has a history of playing well in Macomb when WIU is getting national recognition. The 1987 game was one of my favorites.

Daved
October 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Is in the hospital with staph infection-Heacock said tonight that he was out for the season(hope he is wrong).

JayJ79
October 27th, 2008, 10:43 PM
YSU did have 2 opportunities to win this game after they had their extra point blocked-however UNI's defense stepped up and kept them out of FG range sealing the victory that they earned.The consensus in Ytown was that even with Grace out we would get blown out by 50 or more.This wasn't far-fetched considering our 2 best RB's Smith and Scott,WR-Williams(SR)"Gateway Newcomer of the Year 2007",TE-Bush(SR)"2nd Team All-Gateway 2007",DT-Savage(SR)"Pre-Season All American",CB-Richards(SR),CB-Griffin(SR),DT-Lykes-Knight(SR),DE-Matelan ,and 15,000 YSU "fans??"were all missing(as well as Cap'n Cat).Fortunately it didn't rain or we would've been outnumbered by UNI fans--They listed attendance as 16,000 but it must've been a typo-it looked to me more like 1600 and if it wasn't homecoming and had rained would've been around 160 (and if this wasn't such a big rivalry would've been all UNI fans and about 16 YSU fans.)

I was VERY impressed with Youngstown's performance, given all the adversity they're dealing with (injuries, defections, etc.).

To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with UNI's performance. And frankly, I haven't been overly impressed by UNI's performance all year. They've had halves and quarters where things were clicking, but have yet to play a complete game up to their potential.

Luckily, they only time that has really cost them is the SIU loss.