PDA

View Full Version : SCSU TRYING TO SET ATTENDANCE RECORD.

inpsite1919
November 9th, 2005, 02:42 AM
DID YOU HEAR? Bulldogs have 2-for-1 special on Morgan State tickets

By THOMAS GRANT JR., T&D Senior Sports Writer

Oliver “Buddy” Pough has a simple suggestion for how residents around The T&D Region should spend Thursday night.

Instead of staying at home, the South Carolina State head football coach wants people to pay a visit to Oliver C. Dawson Stadium to watch his 17th-ranked football team in action against Morgan State.

Through four home games this season, SCSU is ranked eighth nationally and first among Palmetto State Division I-AA schools in average home attendance at 15,135 per game. This is the highest per average for SCSU since 1999 when it ranked 17th nationally, averaging 15,556 fans per game for four games.

With 60,135 fans having walked through the Oliver C. Dawson turnstiles this season, the Bulldogs are on pace to shatter the previous school record of 62,224 fans also set in 1999. To insure this happens, SCSU is offering several ticket specials.

There’s the ’2-for-1’ special — two general admission tickets for one price of $20. In addition, students and persons ages 17 and under can purchase a ticket for $5 with identification. All SCSU faculty and staff will be admitted free. ...

AppGuy04
November 9th, 2005, 07:19 AM
did they offer this the first 3 games?

those numbers look respectable, so why would they need to offer a 2 for 1?

SoCon48
November 9th, 2005, 07:50 AM
did they offer this the first 3 games?

those numbers look respectable, so why would they need to offer a 2 for 1?

At this point much of the normal crowd will have already purchased tickets. Plus numbers typically drop off a bit this time of year after HC.
Thus this two for one deal will not only bring the extra free butts to fill the seats and boost the numbers, but the buyer, too will add to the numbers as well as the $$$.
Very smart marketing at this stage.

UNI MadCat
November 9th, 2005, 09:02 AM
In addition, students and persons ages 17 and under can purchase a ticket for $5 with identification. All SCSU faculty and staff will be admitted free.

Let me get this straight... students, who PAY to attend the school have to PAY to get into the game. But faculty and staff who get PAID by the school get in FREE?

That's BS if you ask me.

Bulldog87
November 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
This game is being played on a Thursday night so the discounts will possibly help people comeout that might not normally show up on a weeknight. The student discount applies to HS and grade school kids and college students from other schools. SCSU students get in free.

R.A.
November 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Let me get this straight... students, who PAY to attend the school have to PAY to get into the game. But faculty and staff who get PAID by the school get in FREE?

That's BS if you ask me.

-I agree w/ that one. Especially if students pay an athletic fee through tuition like they do at our school.

AppGuy04
November 9th, 2005, 05:48 PM
-I agree w/ that one. Especially if students pay an athletic fee through tuition like they do at our school.

I think Montana at one point was charging their students for tickets b/c they had a deficit they had to makeup in the athletics dept

GrizSweeper
November 9th, 2005, 07:05 PM
I think Montana at one point was charging their students for tickets b/c they had a deficit they had to makeup in the athletics dept

Yep, students have to pay $4 this year to try and cover the debt

SoCon48
November 9th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Yep, students have to pay $4 this year to try and cover the debt

You mean all that $$ they earned in their '01 championship run and last year's "almost" NC has run out? ;)

R.A.
November 10th, 2005, 12:31 AM
-With all the deals the SCSU is doing to get butts in the seats, I wanna know... who on our board that can go, is actually going?

TigerFan17
November 10th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Haven't paid a dime in 3.5 years here! :D

Bulldog87
November 10th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I'm a season ticket holdes so the deals don't apply here. I'll be there tonight.