terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
End of 1st qtr. 14-0 Wofford. Elon's ball, 3-10 on their 40

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Riddle to Hudgens. TD 14-7 Wofford over Elon

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Wofford, aided by an unsportsmanlike late hit penalty, punches it in for their third TD.

Wofford 21
Elon 7

WOCO
October 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
td wofford. 21-7

wocorebel
October 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Touchdown Terriers. 11 yard run by Ben Widmeyer. 21-7 Wofford.

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Wilcox 45 yard FG

Wofford 21
Elon 10

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Quick strike
Widmeyer to Strickland, 59 yard TD pass

28-10 Wofford

wocorebel
October 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
60 yard touchdown Andy Strickland. 28-10 Wofford if extra point is made

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Riddle throws 2nd interception. WC ball, 1:35 2nd half

wocorebel
October 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Touchdown Widmeyer. 34-10 Wofford. Missed the PAT.

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Widmeyer puches it in from the 1.

Wofford 34
Elon 10

PAT wide right

ElonPride
October 25th, 2008, 03:34 PM
WOW! Hats off to Wofford so far! You guys came prepared and I sure didn't think this was going to be a blowout!!!!

BestOfBreed
October 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM
WOW! Hats off to Wofford so far! You guys came prepared and I sure didn't think this was going to be a blowout!!!!

Looooooong way from being over though.

ElonPride
October 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Looooooong way from being over though.

Yes, i know there's a long way to go, but man......Your Terriers are making this team look like the Elon of old!!!! Your boys are flat out playing great football!

BestOfBreed
October 25th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Yes, i know there's a long way to go, but man......Your Terriers are making this team look like the Elon of old!!!! Your boys are flat out playing great football!

Wofford never seems to put anyway away though. xoopsx

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Elon added 3 before the half. 34-13

ElonPride
October 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wofford never seems to put anyway away though. xoopsx

Well.....looks liek you guys are doing a great job of it right now!!!!xsmiley_wix

wocorebel
October 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Romero scores for the 3rd time. 41-20 Wofford.

ElonPride
October 25th, 2008, 04:37 PM
4th quarter.....looks like we can put this one in the books!!! Elon down 3 scores!!!

Seriously, great job Wofford!

As GP said, this wouldn't be about TOP, it would be about TO's. The 2 INT's really hurt!

wocorebel
October 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Touchdown Mitch Allen. 48-20 Wofford in the 4th.

griz&beer
October 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Wood shed ?

DTSpider
October 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Great game Wofford.

BestOfBreed
October 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Riddle is faster than I thought but much less accurate.

wocorebel
October 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Touchdown Wofford. 55-20 Wofford. We are just spanking them. Sorry Elon fans, especially the ones talking smack all week.

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Breitenstein (freshman FB) scores

Wofford 55
Elon 20

terrierbob
October 25th, 2008, 05:03 PM
2nd and 3rd teams in. we're using our vanilla offense...

T-Dogg
October 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
WOW......................

WrenFGun
October 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Yikes. What happened here? Elon's got to be careful here, with some tough games left.

elcid96
October 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
We are not looking forward to playing Wofford in a couple of weeks. This sets up for a huge game next week. App vs Wofford. #1 vs #2 on national TV.

OLDMAIN80
October 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Elon fumble Wofford recovers game over, great game Woffordxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

T-Dogg
October 25th, 2008, 05:25 PM
OLDMAIN80..............by only 21 huh! Shooting under the bar are ya. Nice Callxbeerchugx

millwoga1
October 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Total domination. Wow!

SoCon48
October 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Elon fumble Wofford recovers game over, great game Woffordxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

You mean the one in the 1st half? xnodx xnodx

FurmanPaladins4138
October 25th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I hope Wofford sticks it to App in Boone next week, since we fumbled away any chance we had of winning.

SoCon48
October 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I hope Wofford sticks it to App in Boone next week, since we fumbled away any chance we had of winning.

Fumbled away? Yeah, one day those young Furps will learn to hold on to the football when they get slobber knocked.xcoffeex

phoenixphanatic21
October 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Gotta give it to Wofford, they were more prepared today and played a better game than us. They ran that option to perfection and we couldn't stop it. Bottom line, end of story. Congrats on the victory.

matfu
October 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
We are not looking forward to playing Wofford in a couple of weeks. This sets up for a huge game next week. App vs Wofford. #1 vs #2 on national TV.

#2 vs # 3 since James Madison will still be # 1.

Woof
October 25th, 2008, 06:37 PM
What did the Elon LB do to get ejected ? Even the announcers missed it ?

Also, Elon's previous personal foul was committed by the same genius that took a swing at Coach Lembo during the El Cid game.....Kid needs to pack his bags! xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Woof
October 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
473 total yards of Offense for the T-Dogs today (330 on the ground).xbowx xbowx xbowx

Elon had only 62 yards in rushing.xeyebrowx

Both teams had the ball for about the same time: 30 min.

Looking forward to a HUGE game Friday at #2 App St. xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Reign of Terrier
October 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
So much for the Elon "balanced attack". They only had about 62 yards rushing.

beauvighn
October 25th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Just got in from Elon. What a great day to be a Wofford Terrier. Elon never had an answer for our offense. Our O-Line controlled the entire game. For that matter our D-Line controlled the line of scrimmage as well. Wofford had a great crowd at the game and we were pretty loud.

I will refrain from the i told you so to those fine Elon folk who thought we might have a bit of trouble with their defense. I have learned that it will come back to bite you in the future. Anyway, we have more than our hands full next week with Superman dressed in an App. St. uniform.

I do wish the game had not deteriorated into the personal foul, cheap shot, ejection filled fiasco that happened late in the game. I am glad our guys maintained their composure and just stuck to playing the game.

Good luck to Elon the rest of the way.

89Hen
October 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Now how good does that one #1 vote for Elon look? Nobody fessed up to it. xcoffeex

elon77
October 26th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Just got in from Elon. What a great day to be a Wofford Terrier. Elon never had an answer for our offense. Our O-Line controlled the entire game. For that matter our D-Line controlled the line of scrimmage as well. Wofford had a great crowd at the game and we were pretty loud.

I will refrain from the i told you so to those fine Elon folk who thought we might have a bit of trouble with their defense. I have learned that it will come back to bite you in the future. Anyway, we have more than our hands full next week with Superman dressed in an App. St. uniform.

I do wish the game had not deteriorated into the personal foul, cheap shot, ejection filled fiasco that happened late in the game. I am glad our guys maintained their composure and just stuck to playing the game.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Appguy
October 26th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Wofford #1?
why?
Why not?

Theyre dominating highly ranked teams while JMU is eaking out a last second wins against a lesser team. I think it has its argument.(while it maybe be only 1 week)

WrenFGun
October 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Wofford #1?
why?
Why not?

Theyre dominating highly ranked teams while JMU is eaking out a last second wins against a lesser team. I think it has its argument.(while it maybe be only 1 week)

A lesser team like Villanova...a team that beat Richmond, who beat Elon? Ok.

Congrats to Wofford.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 26th, 2008, 10:51 AM
So much for the Elon "balanced attack". They only had about 62 yards rushing.

It looks like Wofford got many sacks in this game. Those numbers factor into the net yards rushing. Elon's Brandon Newsome averaged 4.4 yards per carry on 19 carries. That isn't bad.

PhoenixPhan06
October 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM
The better team flat out dominated yesterday! Gotta give credit to the Terriers, damn it wasn't even close! good luck next weekend, we'll be sittin at home lickin our wounds.

millwoga1
October 26th, 2008, 11:23 AM
It looks like Wofford got many sacks in this game. Those numbers factor into the net yards rushing. Elon's Brandon Newsome averaged 4.4 yards per carry on 19 carries. That isn't bad.

Yeah, I agree - I watched game on TV and thought they ran the ball pretty good in the 2nd half but I didn't get it because they were down by three scores and have the best WR in IAA.

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Now how good does that one #1 vote for Elon look? Nobody fessed up to it. xcoffeex

Elon was not who somebody thought they were. xlolx xlolx

Edit: If/when Elon loses to ASU, there is no WAY they should get a playoff spot. They would have lost to the only three teams worth a crap on their schedule! Look at this "impressive" list of wins:

Stonybrook
Presbyterian
GSU
Samford
Furman (ok...this might be a decent win)
Citadel
Chattanooga

Calling Furman a decent win might be a stretch, given that THEIR 6-3 record has been bouyed by the likes of wins over Mars Hill, Colgate, Delaware, Chattanooga, Western Carolina, and El Cid.

phoenix3
October 26th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Congrats to Wofford. You were certainly the better team yesterday.

BestOfBreed
October 26th, 2008, 01:12 PM

Edit: If/when Elon loses to ASU, there is no WAY they should get a playoff spot. They would have lost to the only three teams worth a crap on their schedule! Look at this "impressive" list of wins:

Stonybrook
Presbyterian
GSU
Samford
Citadel
Chattanooga

Calling Furman a decent win might be a stretch, given that THEIR 6-3 record has been bouyed by the likes of wins over Mars Hill, Colgate, Delaware, Chattanooga, Western Carolina, and El Cid.

Yeah. If they don't beat App State then they may get Woofed version 2004 when an 8-3 Wofford got left out thanks to losses to the Big 3 with only a win over fellow at-large candidate SC State. Just depends on at-large candidates though. They have Liberty coming up too though.

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2008, 01:25 PM

not to mention poking the punter in the eye and punching an OL in the stomach. It's like Elon's turned into Georgia Southern all of a sudden

appstate38
October 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
A lesser team like Villanova...a team that beat Richmond, who beat Elon? Ok.

Congrats to Wofford.

Why are you even in this conversation considering you guys don't even play the toughest teams from your conference. If it came to strength of schedule you guys should be concerned because it ain't that strong.

WrenFGun
October 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Why are you even in this conversation considering you guys don't even play the toughest teams from your conference. If it came to strength of schedule you guys should be concerned because it ain't that strong.

I realize I talk about UNH a lot, but I can talk about other teams as well. I was just mentioning that Villanova isn't exactly chopped liver when it comes to JMU. Richmond isn't, either, considering the smackdown they put on Elon.

whoanellie
October 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Well the Sun did rise today....but We still lost.....Wofford was and still is a very fine team. I wish We could have given them a better game.
I think if they bring that "A" game of theirs to Boone they ought to give anyone fits and should beat an over-aggressive App D.
As for Elon We have a bye this week and then a 3 game pre-play-off series
We will just have to play it out.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
not to mention poking the punter in the eye and punching an OL in the stomach. It's like Elon's turned into Georgia Southern all of a sudden

When have you ever seen our players get ejected? xrolleyesx

Stonybrook
Presbyterian
GSU
Samford
Citadel
Chattanooga

We lose to Wofford and App. State by 1 point each and then all of the sudden we "aren't worth a crap"? I'd take a closer look at what Samford has done, also. It's entirely possible that 7 of the nine SoCon teams will have a winning record by the end of the season. If you get 8 DI wins in the SoCon you should get in.

gsu6trophies
October 26th, 2008, 03:59 PM

Hmmm, Yes, we have a reputation for playing dirty. That's why this is the first time I've ever heard this. Tell your team not to choke in the playoffs again this year.

gsu6trophies
October 26th, 2008, 05:01 PM

Stonybrook
Presbyterian
GSU
Samford
Citadel
Chattanooga

COMBINED RECORD OF MONTANA'S 6 D1 WINS 19-25 .432 WIN PCT
COMBINED RECORD OF ELONS'S 6 D1 WINS 24-32 .428 WIN PCT

I don't see a whole lot of difference there. Unless you want to count your tight nail biter win over Central Wash. which does have two quality wins over Dixie State this year.
Elon would probably wipe the floor with Montana.

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Hmmm, Yes, we have a reputation for playing dirty. That's why this is the first time I've ever heard this. Tell your team not to choke in the playoffs again this year.

same to your team...oh wait your not going! when was the last time you went to the playoffs? 2004?

woffordgrad94
October 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Careful there, young terrier. GSU has 6 national titles. We have zip. You aren't going to win this argument with them.

gsu6trophies
October 26th, 2008, 10:27 PM
same to your team...oh wait your not going! when was the last time you went to the playoffs? 2004?

Blah blah blah blah, How many playoff wins do you have? Is it in double digits? Close to thirty? ohh. Don't get too comfortable. The Empire will be back.

SoCon48
October 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM
What did the Elon LB do to get ejected ? Even the announcers missed it ?

Also, Elon's previous personal foul was committed by the same genius that took a swing at Coach Lembo during the El Cid game.....Kid needs to pack his bags! xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Don't blame the player!!! xnonono2x xnonono2x There's a shortage of quality anger management class instructors. xoopsx xoopsx

ElonPride
October 27th, 2008, 08:10 AM
When have you ever seen our players get ejected? xrolleyesx

We lose to Wofford and App. State by 1 point each and then all of the sudden we "aren't worth a crap"? I'd take a closer look at what Samford has done, also. It's entirely possible that 7 of the nine SoCon teams will have a winning record by the end of the season. If you get 8 DI wins in the SoCon you should get in.

Guy doens't know what he's talking about! GSU, Furman, El Cid and yes SAMFORD, are all tough games.

Rekdiver
October 27th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Did I hear a bubble burst?

elonjunky
October 27th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Great win Wofford! Now heres the way I see it playing out in my perfect world, App. beating Wofford next week for thier 1 SoCon. loss then App. riding high thinking they got the SoCon sewed up with no con losses and Elon going in thier and beating them and a three way tie in SoCon. First we need to get past Western Carolina.
So all is not lost yet, either way this season is going to be better than last season Coach Lembo is getting better and better nothing but a good future for Elon.
GO PHOENIX!!!!

gsu6trophies
October 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Guy doens't know what he's talking about! GSU, Furman, El Cid and yes SAMFORD, are all tough games.

Not as good as central washington. They must be good to hang with the mighty Montana.

Plus they beat Dixie State twice this season

Reign of Terrier
October 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Blah blah blah blah, How many playoff wins do you have? Is it in double digits? Close to thirty? ohh. Don't get too comfortable. The Empire will be back.

Yawn. I live in the here and now.

PhoenixSupreme
October 27th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I'm just hoping that Elon manages to rebound from this loss. Not taking anything away from Wofford by any means, but I feel Elon certainly didn't bring their A-game (c'mon it was a 35-point loss). Wofford was definitely the vastly better team this past Saturday. With the bye week this week, and a homecoming game against Western Carolina, Elon should have ample time to regroup and rediscover themselves. We just have to remember to not overlook the Catamounts on our way to App. St.

By the way, I'm surprised that Elon didn't drop farther in the Sports Network/Coaches polls (#10/#12)

beauvighn
October 27th, 2008, 09:00 PM
How in the world can you not bring your A game. That is an excuse. If you can't get jacked up for an undefeated team with the possible Conference championship in the balance then you have leadership problems. I call BS on this. You just got your butt handed to you by a clearly superior team that executed better and was more disciplined. I guess you only bring your A game when you win. You better dang sure bring your A game every week in the SoCon. Who do you think we are ...The CAA

SoCon48
October 27th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Did I hear a bubble burst?

As an App, I'm reserving my comments until after we face Wofford. Could be disasterous. Experienced, few injuries, gimmick offense, the terrierists are dangerous. Richmond didn't beat Eloan nearly as badly as the pups did.xnonono2x

gophoenix
October 28th, 2008, 04:18 AM
How in the world can you not bring your A game. That is an excuse. If you can't get jacked up for an undefeated team with the possible Conference championship in the balance then you have leadership problems. I call BS on this. You just got your butt handed to you by a clearly superior team that executed better and was more disciplined. I guess you only bring your A game when you win. You better dang sure bring your A game every week in the SoCon. Who do you think we are ...The CAA

You should call BS on this. You guys just flat out beat us. You used a better game plan, preparedness, played mistake free, made us pay for our mistakes, played like you wanted it, played without frustrations.... all point to just what I said, Wofford just flat out beat us. Any Elon fans making an excuse is cruising to get ridiculed for the next year. You guys need to suck it up and just deal with the fact that we were thumped by a better team and our kids still have trouble dealing with any kind of adversity on the field.

T-Dogg
October 28th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Any Given Saturday, anything can happen! Elon folded under intense adversity. That may not happen again all season. We played solid football and that is that!

No need to talk crap as I doubt Elon in finished for the year. That may be what they needed. Sometimes a B slap across the chin will do you good. I think the Terriers are getting better and better and hope we can be consistant. That is really hard to do in this league.

In Ayers We Trust!

SoCon48
October 28th, 2008, 09:01 AM
You should call BS on this. You guys just flat out beat us. You used a better game plan, preparedness, played mistake free, made us pay for our mistakes, played like you wanted it, played without frustrations.... all point to just what I said, Wofford just flat out beat us. Any Elon fans making an excuse is cruising to get ridiculed for the next year. You guys need to suck it up and just deal with the fact that we were thumped by a better team and our kids still have trouble dealing with any kind of adversity on the field.

Darn, GP, one of the most logical posts I've seen you make. It might should be added that what happened or is happening to Elon also occurs at all programs and under all coaches at some point in time. Sometimes it can be corrected in a few weeks, sometimes it takes much longer. Depends on the coach and the kind of backing he gets.

It's difficult to build up young players egos enough to win and yet have them handle the adversity of a losing effort.

Lembo likely will balance their confidence to the point that they can still win against tough opponents yet handle situations in a class manner when things aren't going their way.

gophoenix
October 28th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Darn, GP, one of the most logical posts I've seen you make. It might should be added that what happened or is happening to Elon also occurs at all programs and under all coaches at some point in time. Sometimes it can be corrected in a few weeks, sometimes it takes much longer. Depends on the coach and the kind of backing he gets.

It's difficult to build up young players egos enough to win and yet have them handle the adversity of a losing effort.

Lembo likely will balance their confidence to the point that they can still win against tough opponents yet handle situations in a class manner when things aren't going their way.

I try my best sometimes :D

Seriously, though, I have no problem calling like it is. All I ever asked for was a team that could compete week in and out. I have it and I'll just enjoy football now.

It is my opinion that Elon has a classic case of no leadership. The past two seasons have had 17 seniors total, most of whom don't play game to game; and the ones that do are the quiet types. Nkang, Porterfield and Pope were real leaders 2 years ago and before. They controlled emotions and tried to channel emotions on the field. Now, there's really no on field leadership and so when things start to sour like they did against Richmond and Wofford; the team melts down because there is just nothing holding them together from their peers. I don't know what the solution is. It's not roid rage like The Citadel fans said. And it's not a thug team. I think it is the fact that emotions are just on the brink of going over the edge all the time because there is nothing on the field pulling them altogether when things aren't going smoothly. And I think this is why, game to game, our performance is so erratic too.

Plus, I'd be willing to bet that the ranking and winning streak clouded them for this game too, which goes back to that leadership thing.

I don't pretend to know what the solution is. Maturity comes eventually I hope. The Richmond game seemed to slap some sense into the team after week 1. Maybe the Wofford game triggers the team to play with some sense now. Either way, I think this bye week will help.