PDA

View Full Version : Building JSU Football

Cocky
November 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/mperrin.ssf?/base/sports/1131445122240720.xml&coll=2

Crowe, Fuller work together to build JSU
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
The NCAA may split college football into divisions, but Jacksonville State head coach Jack Crowe says there's no such thing as a I-AA football player.

"There is no I-AA," he said. "There's Division I and Division II. All you have are different tiers of Division I. If we're not recruiting against UAB, Vanderbilt, Southern Mississippi, we're not recruiting the right players.

COLONELSINCE78
November 8th, 2005, 10:40 PM
This should be in the smack section, but Yada Yada Yada. Toot your horn all you want, but you didn't get the players you "almost" got. You won the OVC the last two years, which I hate to admit isn't saying much (as evidenced by the playoff losses of a combined 94-14 score).

It pains me to say this, but the OVC sucks. Go beat Eastern Illinois to get us back in the race for a three-way tie. Then let's worry about trying to get this conference (atleast the teams that have a prayer like Jax, EKU, and EIU) out of the crapper over the next few years.