PDA

View Full Version : If Montana Wins Out Where Do You Seat them?

griz&beer
October 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
If Montana wins out where do they belong the playoffs? 2? 3? 4? What if UM and Webber wins out??? (OK no more if) I would like to get your take on it.

gbhmt
October 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Top 10, probably not top five.

JMU DUUUKES
October 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM

#7 - win 1st round, lose 2nd .... its so convenient being psychic

GreatAppSt
October 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
If Montana Wins Out Where Do You Seat them?

In the back by the old Ms Pacman tablegame.xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM

They have an outside shot at a #4 if Weber loses

mtgrizfan4life
October 23rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
I am not sure what happens with WSU, the team would deserve a great position, but to be honest their fan base has really let them down in attendance. That reason alone they would be lucky to get 1 playoff home game.

As for the GRIZ, if the win out, I am not sure of where they would be posiitioned. $$$$$ talks when it comes to the NCAA determining home games. The GRIZ would get 2 home games minimum if they remain in the TOP 10 come playoff time. The NCAA would see to it!

gbhmt
October 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
They have an outside shot at a #4 if Weber loses

Yeah but Weber's never going to be ahead of Montana in the polls. Other teams around the country will get through their tougher conferences and look better than Montana.

I am not sure what happens with WSU, the team would deserve a great position, but to be honest their fan base has really let them down in attendance. That reason alone they would be lucky to get 1 playoff home game.

As for the GRIZ, if the win out, I am not sure of where they would be posiitioned. $$$$$ talks when it comes to the NCAA determining home games. The GRIZ would get 2 home games minimum if they remain in the TOP 10 come playoff time. The NCAA would see to it!

He speaks the truth.

GolfingGriz
October 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
It will depend on what happens to the teams ahead of them, but I find it hard to believe that an 11-1 Montana team without a seed.

beauvighn
October 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
Any place but in the same bracket with Woffordxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
Depends. Is there a CAA or SoCon team with more wins?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Any place but in the same bracket with Woffordxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

We'd love that match up again...I think.

gbhmt
October 23rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
It will depend on what happens to the teams ahead of them, but I find it hard to believe that an 11-1 Montana team without a seed.

We squeaked one out last year with an undefeated season. This year we've got a loss within the conference but we've also got a win against a higher-ranked team. It also kind of depends on how Weber ends up doing. If they win out, it makes our loss look not as bad but leaves NCAA open for endless criticism for giving a seed to team that didn't even win their conference. If they do badly, it makes our loss look worse. Lots of factors here, I just don't see a seed happening.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah but Weber's never going to be ahead of Montana in the polls. Other teams around the country will get through their tougher conferences and look better than Montana.

He speaks the truth.

The committee goes off of their own poll that has nothing to do with the polls we see, I believe. I don't know for sure but I don't think they even start ranking teams until the 6th or 7th week Adan Weber very well may be ahead of us in their poll.

gbhmt
October 23rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
The committee goes off of their own poll that has nothing to do with the polls we see, I believe. I don't know for sure but I don't think they even start ranking teams until the 6th or 7th week Adan Weber very well may be ahead of us in their poll.

Yeah but the committee doesn't really deviate that much from the current polls, and moving a team as low ranked as Weber ahead of Montana at this point would be a little odd.

The only thing that prompts that kind of jump is when the lower ranked team beats the higher ranked team handily. But that's already happened and the result fairly minute, unfortunately for Weber. It's all an unfortunate situation for them, really. If Weber doesn't win out (which would most likely be due to a loss at NAU), their playoff chances are gonna be mostly dashed, which is not right.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah but the committee doesn't really deviate that much from the current polls, and moving a team as low ranked as Weber ahead of Montana at this point would be a little odd.

The only thing that prompts that kind of jump is when the lower ranked team beats the higher ranked team handily. But that's already happened and the result fairly minute, unfortunately for Weber. It's all an unfortunate situation for them, really. If Weber doesn't win out (which would most likely be due to a loss at NAU), their playoff chances are gonna be mostly dashed, which is not right.

They do deviate a bit and in about a month you're gonna see several threads discussing "what the hell was the committee thinking" threads. The board will be on fire on Selection Sunday. Also last year we got a 4 seed because we were not the only undefeated team that was highly ranked and this year there will probably only be JMU if they can get through the last 4 games unscathed.

mvemjsunpx
October 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
11-1 with wins over Cal Poly & NAU and the only loss to likely playoff-bound Weber? That sounds at least top-4 caliber, though it obviously depends on what others do.

Grizzaholic
October 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
If Montana wins out where do they belong the playoffs? 2? 3? 4? What if UM and Webber wins out??? (OK no more if) I would like to get your take on it.

Well if Montana wins out, wouldn't they be seated next to the NC trophy?

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2008, 11:59 PM

Speaking hypohetical (Griz still have three tough games coming up; NAU, at PSU and Cat-Griz), IMO it does not matter as much what Weber does (who also has a tough schedule; at NAU and home against EWU), as what Cal Poly does. Mustangs have by far an easier schedule (4 home FCS games) and the one at Wisconsin. Each win the Mustangs get is one more bonus for the Griz. UM, and WSU win out and Cal Poly only loses to Wisconsin, WSU gets the Big Sky autobid and the committee has to take both UM and Cal Poly, right?

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 24th, 2008, 12:15 AM
You seat them at the right hand of GOD where they belong.

***Disclaimer***
The above post was written with the severe hope that Bobbie hauck is no longer our head football coach after this season. If he is then seat us 237 in line at any Adult bookstore, just where we belong.

Ronbo
October 24th, 2008, 01:18 AM
The same question came up last year. An 11-1 Griz get a seed, live with it. Complain when you can seat 25,000 for the games and we get seeded. xlolx If we go 10-2 no seed but a home game in the 1st round.

Geeze, what a problem for a REBUILDING team. Will we go 11-1 or 10-2? We're awful young, lost all them starters.

Syntax Error
October 24th, 2008, 02:32 AM
With the national championship "I-AA" xlolx trophy of course. Ask anyone here among the Grizzaholics...

Grizzaholic
October 24th, 2008, 08:26 AM
With the national championship "I-AA" xlolx trophy of course. Ask anyone here among the Grizzaholics...

It was a joke. Give it a rest.

mcveyrl
October 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I know what our polls say, but if Weber wins out and goes undefeated in the Big Sky, would the committee really give Montana a seed over Weber? Is there precedent for that happening?

appstate38
October 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I seed them in the field of 16. They can out bid just about anybody for a 1st round game. After that its up in the air.

WVAPPmountaineer
October 24th, 2008, 09:21 AM
The proper term is "SEED" ---

Grizzaholic
October 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I know what our polls say, but if Weber wins out and goes undefeated in the Big Sky, would the committee really give Montana a seed over Weber? Is there precedent for that happening?

I don't know of it ever happening but with the selection committee, who really knows what goes on in their little heads when they are putting the Playoff teams together.

SeattleGriz
October 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I seed them in the field of 16. They can out bid just about anybody for a 1st round game. After that its up in the air.

Don't think App wont get all home games if they happen to not get a seed (unless they play a seeded team). You guys can put some major butts in the stands as well and know how the bidding process goes as well.