PDA

View Full Version : Hey UNC Fans!

Tod
October 23rd, 2008, 06:16 AM
Me and two other guys from work (all Griz fans) will be at the UM/UNC game on Saturday. We can't get there real early, as we work the night before and have to get at least a few hours of sleep. But I'm hoping we can meet some UNC/AGS fans maybe at a tailgate (ok, looking for free beer :D ) before the game and at halftime. Maybe after the game, too, but that's up to the boss/driver.

Any suggestions or takers?

UNCBears2010
October 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Me and two other guys from work (all Griz fans) will be at the UM/UNC game on Saturday. We can't get there real early, as we work the night before and have to get at least a few hours of sleep. But I'm hoping we can meet some UNC/AGS fans maybe at a tailgate (ok, looking for free beer :D ) before the game and at halftime. Maybe after the game, too, but that's up to the boss/driver.

Any suggestions or takers?

I'll be covering the game for the campus newspaper, so no tailgating for me, but I'll surely stop by and say hello if I know where to find you.

DuckDuckGriz
October 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'll be covering the game for the campus newspaper, so no tailgating for me, but I'll surely stop by and say hello if I know where to find you.

I guarantee you that when you write while buzzed you are a g damned genius

OB55
October 23rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
There is only about 3 or 4 UNC posters (counting yours truly) here, and we will be at another game on Saturday.

Tailgating area is east of Nottingham, and they DO sell beers in the stadium. :)

Have a great day there Tod, and GO BEARS!xnodx

DaBears
October 23rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Given how pathetic our team is, you Montana fans might be the only people tailgating--in fact you might be the only ones at the game.

Tod
October 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the info, guys! Glad to hear they sell beer in the stadium.

OB, is NoCoDanny among your group? He's the only one I see missing (that jumps immediately to mind, anyway. No offense if I've forgotten someone).

We'll head to the east side and hope for the best. I'll be shirtless, so just look for the tattoo (just kidding).

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
There is only about 3 or 4 UNC posters (counting yours truly) here, and we will be at another game on Saturday.

Tailgating area is east of Nottingham, and they DO sell beers in the stadium. :)

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xthumbsupx

Tod
October 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

OB55
October 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the info, guys! Glad to hear they sell beer in the stadium.

OB, is NoCoDanny among your group? He's the only one I see missing (that jumps immediately to mind, anyway. No offense if I've forgotten someone).

We'll head to the east side and hope for the best. I'll be shirtless, so just look for the tattoo (just kidding).

No, I have not yet met any of the UNC posters in person. My family and I are headed back to Chadron, NE, for their game with Colorado Mines.

Greeley is a fun town, lots of beer joints.

For a great sports bar there is Jackson's Sports Grill, great Mexican food it's Alberto's in my book. Favorite beer joint is Bear's Inn down on 8th Ave.

Beers are $6.00 at the game, 16oz Coors Light as I recall.

Tod
October 24th, 2008, 05:22 AM
No, I have not yet met any of the UNC posters in person. My family and I are headed back to Chadron, NE, for their game with Colorado Mines.

Greeley is a fun town, lots of beer joints.

For a great sports bar there is Jackson's Sports Grill, great Mexican food it's Alberto's in my book. Favorite beer joint is Bear's Inn down on 8th Ave.

Beers are $6.00 at the game, 16oz Coors Light as I recall.

Thanks for the info! $6.00 is kind of high, but it's for a good cause. I'll drink 10. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

NorthernColorado
October 24th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I'll be watching it on BigSky tv from my house in Maryland. Would rather be at Nottingham.

Tod
October 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'll be watching it on BigSky tv from my house in Maryland. Would rather be at Nottingham.

I'll give a post-game report. :) :) :)

Screamin_Eagle174
October 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM
and they DO sell beers in the stadium. :)

Is that so fans can drown out the pain? xbawlingx --> xprost2x

NoCoDanny
October 24th, 2008, 09:01 PM
If you want more campus flavor go to Pitchers on 11th and 24th, a block from campus or as mentiond above Bears Sports Saloon on 8th only a few blocks from campus. Those are the real bars, the ones out on the west side of town are just the typical chain type places you can find anywhere.

I'll be around but I"ll be out of there right after kick off.

And I think we''ll have a decent crowd, it will be a great day, 60 degrees and clear and the team had played better, also Montana is a good draw.

ncbears
October 24th, 2008, 11:21 PM
of course I'll be there too. NoCoDanny is right, if you want good beer check out Pitchers. It's close to Nottingham Field so that's convient.

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Is that so fans can drown out the pain? xbawlingx --> xprost2x

It probably keeps people from leaving at halftime and not coming back inside. I know Wa-Griz usually has a few people that do not make it back after halftime. Too busy drinking at the tailgates all second half watching the game on TV.

SeattleGriz
October 25th, 2008, 01:05 AM

You haven't see a game until you see the Griz faithful drinking beers at halftime when the temperature is 15 degrees (UMass and Wofford).

Grizzaholic
October 25th, 2008, 01:06 AM
You haven't see a game until you see the Griz faithful drinking beers at halftime when the temperature is 15 degrees (UMass and Wofford).

And why are the coolers still filled with ice?

SeattleGriz
October 25th, 2008, 01:11 AM
And why are the coolers still filled with ice?

Because in Montana, we don't do things halfway. I fill my cooler with ice and salt, just so it won't freeze at below 32.

In fact, I once drank a beer that was -200 F, I am such a diehard fan. :D