PDA

View Full Version : CSN: The CAA Today: "Richmond Rebounds!"

CSN-info
October 22nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/CAATODAY.JPG
By Bruce Dowd, CSN The CAA Today columnist
If you read last week’s column then you’re probably wondering what happened as I had announced I wasn’t going to see any games last week and instead was going to kick back and watch UNH at Northeastern and then Richmond at UMass on TV. Well, a few things happened.

First, I discovered that DirecTV was not showing the Richmond-UMass game so I was left to watch it through an Internet feed.

Then I received this e-mail from a Massachusetts fan, John B. Here is what he had to say: “I was disappointed reading your latest column on CSN to read that you won’t be making the trip to Amherst for No. 9 Richmond and No. 10 UMass. You have predicted a great game between the two, and considering the sort of games that these two (particularly UR) were involved in last weekend, why not?” When I read this, it was 2 p.m. Friday, and I said to myself, why not? I checked the weather, perfect! I called UMass SID Jason Yellin and asked for credentials, and he said, yes, and they would love to have me. So, now out of excuses and shamed into it by John B., I packed the car and was on the road by 3.

No big deal you might think, right? Well, please note that the drive to UMass from where I live is 8.5 hours one way. So now that you know the truth, that I am certifiably nuts, we can continue.Read More ... http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-caa-today-richmond-rebounds&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Syntax Error
October 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
great tailgating and foilage pics!

Tribe4SF
October 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
Great coverage, period!

Bruce, you're the best!xthumbsupx

dennisdent
October 23rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Great job--thanks! Serving STEAK to the press-might need to lower my donation next year--JUST KIDDING.xsmiley_wix

Nothing better then a early fall weekend/fooball game in Amherst.

spdram
October 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Really enjoyed the article as I do with most of his work. Wish I could have made the trip north to enjoy the game and scenery in person.

umassfan
October 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I was at the game sat... too bad I didnt run into him. I like reading his work more then any other FCS writer. To me UMass played really bad vs Richmond. To know that we were just a few plays and maybe an injury away from a victory.... Still could be a playoff year for UMass.

mcveyrl
October 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I was at the game sat... too bad I didnt run into him. I like reading his work more then any other FCS writer. To me UMass played really bad vs Richmond. To know that we were just a few plays and maybe an injury away from a victory.... Still could be a playoff year for UMass.

Bruce never finds my tailgate...and I think he's been to JMU twice...

xbawlingx xbawlingx

Eight Legger
October 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Bruce never finds my tailgate...and I think he's been to JMU twice...

xbawlingx xbawlingx

My guess is you don't have any hot girls and/or cheerleaders there...he seems to find them pretty well every week.

mcveyrl
October 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
My guess is you don't have any hot girls and/or cheerleaders there...he seems to find them pretty well every week.

All the girls are either married or 4 and under, but my wife's hot...

The younger girls do wear some pseudo cheerleader outfits.

None the less, point taken.

xbawlingx xbawlingx