PDA

View Full Version : 67th Magic City Classic

ASU33
October 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM
This weekend's game between Alabama State and Alabama A&M has gotten very important for several reasons.

1. With a win ASU would jump right back into the Eastern division race.

2. ASU has not beaten either Tuskegee or AAMU on a regular basis since the mid 1990s.

3. Coach Barlow's job could be lost on Saturday with a loss.

ASU33
October 21st, 2008, 10:10 PM
The game will be shown on ESPN U on Saturday

check out the site!http://www.themagiccityclassic.com

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Huge game. Huge crowd. xthumbsupx

813Jag
October 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
This weekend's game between Alabama State and Alabama A&M has gotten very important for several reasons.

1. With a win ASU would jump right back into the Eastern division race.

2. ASU has not beaten either Tuskegee or AAMU on a regular basis since the mid 1990s.

3. Coach Barlow's job could be lost on Saturday with a loss.
Already? That's alot of pressure to take into a rivalry game.

ASU33
October 21st, 2008, 11:00 PM
Already? That's alot of pressure to take into a rivalry game.

Fact is AAMU and Tuskegee are making our fan base envy them. Tuskegee has one of the longest winning streaks in the country and they're anually ramked in the top 10 in d-2. Plus they've beaten us 8 out of the last 10 years. AAMU has one more games in the last 8 season then they have ever done in an 8 year span. They've beaten us 5 in a row and 6 out of the last 7. The won the SWAC title back in 2006 and the compete for title yearly, we havent don that since 04. I think we need to chill out a bit and give Coach Barlow some time, but these folks down here wanna win "already ago" as my grandmother says.

apppackdad
October 21st, 2008, 11:05 PM
Why are they not playing on Thanksgiving Day/Weekend. I thought that was tradition.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 21st, 2008, 11:50 PM
Why are they not playing on Thanksgiving Day/Weekend. I thought that was tradition.

Alabama State plays rival Tuskegee Golden Tigers (owner of the nation's longest winning streak) on Thanksgiving day in the Turkey Day Classic.

Big Dawg
October 21st, 2008, 11:51 PM

Nope that's Alabama State and Tuskegee in the Turkey Day Classic

SU Jag
October 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
This is the most under-rated rilvalry in FCS football. This definately one of FCS's top 5 rilvalry games! I'll be there!xthumbsupx

ASU33
October 22nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
This is the most under-rated rilvalry in FCS football. This definately one of FCS's top 5 rilvalry games! I'll be there!xthumbsupx

I agree check out this article from the Birmingham newshttp://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/metro.ssf?/base/news/1224663474133860.xml&coll=2

Tailgating spots began filling up this morning. The hotels are booked from Leeds, Al through Tuscaloosa. There nothing like a big HBCU rilvary game!xbowx