PDA

View Full Version : Big South Week 9 Games

Thumper250
October 21st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Any ideas?

VMI at Gardner-Webb, only if they can slow 'em down. GW 31, VMI 24
Stonybrook at CCU, home game edge. CCU 17, SBU 10
CSU at Liberty, Angry flames aren't fun. LU 35, CSU 10

I will say that Gardner-Webb's performance against Presby was encouraging. Haven't seen them come out and dominate a game early like that in a long time in person. Still, VMI is much improved and well coached. I'd like to have myself a Maypray on G-W's roster.

bodoyle
October 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Fighting Falwell's BIG over the bride of chucky
VMI/GW is a toss-up
CCU - depends which team shows up

gobluehose1
October 21st, 2008, 11:22 AM
Any ideas?

VMI at Gardner-Webb, only if they can slow 'em down. GW 31, VMI 24
Stonybrook at CCU, home game edge. CCU 17, SBU 10
CSU at Liberty, Angry flames aren't fun. LU 35, CSU 10

I will say that Gardner-Webb's performance against Presby was encouraging. Haven't seen them come out and dominate a game early like that in a long time in person. Still, VMI is much improved and well coached. I'd like to have myself a Maypray on G-W's roster.

I take VMI, Coastal, and Liberty. VMI has the triple option working very well this year with Maypray at QB. Plus, even we had 100 yards rushing against GW.

Oh, and we'll lose to BYE no doubt.

justsaying
October 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
I take VMI, Coastal, and Liberty. VMI has the triple option working very well this year with Maypray at QB. Plus, even we had 100 yards rushing against GW.

Oh, and we'll lose to BYE no doubt.

You have to remember that 60 of those 100 yard PC had came in the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much out of hand and GW benched their starters, playing their reserves, which also resulted in 14 more points scored late in the 4th.

GW did pretty well against GT triple option attack holding them to 79 yards rushing, Ranked the # 4 rushing defense nationally, I see them having a good chance of doing the same to VMI if the stick with the same game plan... Plus GW offense is coming together with a balance rushing attack and Maybe the best WR in the Big South in Dobson Collins..

VMI 21 GW 35

Other Games

CCU 28, SBU 10
LU 40, CSU 14

CSUBUCDAD
October 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM
Im taking GW this week
After watching Stoney Brook last week CCU better show up or they will go down like we did. They are not a typical 5 loss team. And if CSU doesn't show up with it's A game in Lynchburg this week it could get ugly real quick.

SuperJon
October 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
Im taking GW this week
After watching Stoney Brook last week CCU better show up or they will go down like we did. They are not a typical 5 loss team. And if CSU doesn't show up with it's A game in Lynchburg this week it could get ugly real quick.

I read on your board you had a WR out. Any word on if he'll be back this week?

kirkblitz
October 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
ccu- who knows, aparently we can only beat black colleges
gw
csu

CarolinaGirl
October 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
ccu- who knows, aparently we can only beat black colleges
gw
csu

What the hell kind of stupid comment was that? I'm embarrassed that you even clicked "submit reply" after you typed that post. xsmhx

I think Coastal will pull it out and play well all around regardless of past wins and losses this season.
VMI-GWU will be better and closer than originally expected. Both teams are showing some promise, although not consistently yet. I'm going a little against instinct but taking GWU anyway.
CSU is in big trouble this week...

kirkblitz
October 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Sorry should have said HBCU's

Seawolf97
October 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
For SBU I like our chances for a win if last Saturdays team makes the trip. If the team that went to Liberty shows up -could be a long evening.

SBU 27 Coastal 21

BJuice
October 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
VMI. By 10.
CCU. By 13.
Liberty. By 14.

I hope the latter two are incorrect. I am just trying to be realistic here. It pains me badly to pick against my Bucs. However, with the performances the past two weeks, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

BUCS, please prove me wrong!!!

The Cats
October 22nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
VMI at Gardner-Webb
Stonybrook at CCU
CSU at Liberty

CSUBUCDAD
October 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
I read on your board you had a WR out. Any word on if he'll be back this week?

Not sure just yet. They called it just a sprain but he has not been suited up the last two days at practice. We could sure use him back in the lineup for sure this week.

IaaScribe
October 22nd, 2008, 10:25 AM
If you're talking about Dee Brown, then Mills didn't sound all that optimistic on yesterday's Big South conference call about having him back. But it was Tuesday and things change, so who knows.

CSU Girl
October 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Ugh I am so disappointed, I just don't understand, they have the potential to be so much better than this. It is so frustrating

SoccerSmells
October 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
CCU 20 SBU 14
G-W 38 VMI 21
LU 46 CSU 10

kirkblitz
October 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Ugh I am so disappointed, I just don't understand, they have the potential to be so much better than this. It is so frustrating

I know the feeling :( :( :(

kirkblitz
October 23rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Interesting Stat

VMI has the best rushing offense in the nation with 356.6 ypg.

GW has the 4th best rushing defense in the nation 59.6 ypg.

good game it shall be!

Seawolf97
October 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Interesting Stat

good game it shall be!

Another 10-7 win for GWU? Tough game to call.

bjtheflamesfan
October 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
CCU 28 SBU 24
G-W 35 VMI 31
LU 51 CSU 14

keydet71
October 25th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Interesting Stat

good game it shall be!

Last minute input here. While I believe in VMI, the past 20+ years has taught me not to get too carried away. This may well be a game of strenght versus strength, but Sparky has moved the offense to a point where the defense may not know which QB is going to get the snap.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/wb/181719

On with the day.... xcoffeex

SoccerSmells
October 25th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Well the run vs. run matchup went to VMI, but it doesn't seem it mattered. I don't know if I'm more surprised that G-W was up 24-6 at half, or that the final score was 34-27. Big passing day for Gardner-Webb (392 yards).

ToTheLeft
October 25th, 2008, 06:31 PM
LU with another home shutout. Sheesh, the Big South is just bad.

Seawolf97
October 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM
StonyBrook 28 Coastal 24 Final. Even surprised me .

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2008, 09:44 PM
4 fumbles!!! Its time to either fire bennett or make him fire his incompetent coaches. 3 seasons of a crap defense (including our playoff run) horrible calls and bad recruiting(thugs).

How ANYONE can support this is beyond me. We cant even win the weak arse big south for gods sake, let alone have a winning season!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

Seawolf97
October 25th, 2008, 09:53 PM
4 fumbles!!! Its time to either fire bennett or make him fire his incompetent coaches. 3 seasons of a crap defense (including our playoff run) horrible calls and bad recruiting(thugs).

How ANYONE can support this is beyond me. We cant even win the weak arse big south for gods sake, let alone have a winning season!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

I can feel your pain. We went 4 1/2 games with out an offensive touchdown. No gloating here-Im glad we hung on and it is a bummer to
lose. xpeacex

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Damn stony brook leave the big south lol you ruined my 4 hours. But it was a good game though. I knew you would win when you took that 14-13 lead after half.

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2008, 09:57 PM
You know whats messed up, yall hit the deep ball like 8 times and dropped 4 of them or somethen. How come after half time you caught the other 4, did they switch recievers or somethen? :(

Seawolf97
October 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Damn stony brook leave the big south lol you ruined my 4 hours. But it was a good game though. I knew you would win when you took that 14-13 lead after half.

Hey good luck the rest of the season. See you on Long Island next yearxthumbsupx

Seawolf97
October 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM
You know whats messed up, yall hit the deep ball like 8 times and dropped 4 of them or somethen. How come after half time you caught the other 4, did they switch recievers or somethen? :(

Dwayne Eley has been having one of the those years. For everyone he catches he drops 2. He dropped a wide open TD against Hofstra in the end zone early in the game. Then in they 4th quarter grabs a pass between two defenders for a nice gain go figure.
We have to stop the stupid penalities. We had over 100 yards of them tonight -ugly.

SuperJon
October 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM
At least you weren't CSU who had four straight penalties to go from 2nd and 5 to 2nd and 25.

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM
we had that instead of 4 we just got big ones like holding.... :(

keydet71
October 26th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Last minute input here. While I believe in VMI, the past 20+ years has taught me not to get too carried away. This may well be a game of strenght versus strength, but Sparky has moved the offense to a point where the defense may not know which QB is going to get the snap.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/wb/181719

On with the day.... xcoffeex

Unbeknowst to most of us, Sparky did a good job of keeping Kyle Hughes' injury quiet. Won the rushing game, lost the passing game & thus lost the game. Good Keydet effort but congrats to GW......xbeerchugx...on to Charleston!