PDA

View Full Version : Playoff dates?

nerd
October 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Anyone have the specific dates the playoffs start? Or a link to a breakdown of the whole schedule, and how it works?

Thanks.

AZGrizFan
October 20th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Anyone have the specific dates the playoffs start? Or a link to a breakdown of the whole schedule, and how it works?

Thanks.

Yeah. The first 3 games are always in Montana. :)

Grizalltheway
October 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx

JayJ79
October 20th, 2008, 05:59 PM
From the official NCAA 2008 Division I Football Championship Handbook (http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ_handbooks/football/2008/1_football_handbook.pdf) (PDF):

2008 Championship
First Round—November 29 at on-campus sites
Quarterfinals—December 6 at on-campus sites
Semifinals—December 12 and 13 at on-campus sites
Final—December 19 at W. Max Finley Stadium/Davenport Field, Chattanooga, Tennessee

AZGrizFan
October 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
2008 Championship
First Round—November 29 at Montana
Quarterfinals—December 6 at Montana
Semifinals—December 12 and 13 at Montana
Final—December 19 at W. Max Finley Stadium/Davenport Field, Chattanooga, Tennessee

edited for clarity.

ElonFirefighter
October 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
So wheres the TV located that Montana will be watching the games on.

bobcatalum05
October 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hey, you really are a football nerd. You think of a football game as an opprotunity to take out a date.

Btw, I think its a great place for a date. If she doesnt like football I dont think it would last.

ericsaid
October 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM
xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xprost2x

AZGrizFan
October 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Remind me again...how many playoff appearances does Elon have? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

dungeonjoe
October 20th, 2008, 08:15 PM

except for 2007.:) ;)

UDBlueLotFan
October 20th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah. The first 3 games are scheduled in Montana,.... :)

....then there was the 1st Rd. xsmiley_wix xlolx yeah, yeah, yeah, I know! 2-5 blah, blah, blah...xbawlingx xlolx

joecooll6
October 20th, 2008, 08:35 PM
except for 2007.:) ;)

oh snap

ElonFirefighter
October 20th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Remind me again...how many playoff appearances does Elon have? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

NAIA we were a dominate team. 2 NC's years of appearences. FCS we were screwed out in 99 and 07. This year will be our first championship game, you aught to watch.

Chi Panther
October 20th, 2008, 11:28 PM
2008 Championship

edited for clarity.

Sounds good...makes my plane ticket purchases easier this year. I can plan ahead.:D

Interesting thing for Griz fans....can they imagine having to play at Weber State in Round 2 this year.....wouldn't that be interesting??? But I guess the $$$ may talk to loud from Mizzoula....

KiddBrewer
October 21st, 2008, 05:30 AM
NAIA we were a dominate team. 2 NC's years of appearences. FCS we were screwed out in 99 and 07. This year will be our first championship game, you aught to watch.

ha.

appfan2008
October 21st, 2008, 07:12 AM
this is assuming montana plays three games!... of course right now it appears asu is the more likely recipient of three home playoff games... we sort of have done it the last three years!

th0m
October 21st, 2008, 07:29 AM
2008 Championship

edited for clarity.

xlolx Because that's how it went last year, right xlolx

james_lawfirm
October 21st, 2008, 07:54 AM

WOW! Now, that's brazen. Firefighter, there's a LOT of football left to play, including the tough part of the SoCon. I would respectfully counsel that comments like the above can come back and bite you. First, you need to play to win the SoCon. And, if you don't win the SoCon outright, you've got to qualify for the playoffs. Elon does have 7 wins, so you're close, but it's not guaranteed. Then, the playoffs are always full of surprises. What if Elon lost the rest of its regular season games? I am not saying that is likely, but it is possible. If you will just take one game at a time, things will probably work out well for you.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 21st, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hey, you really are a football nerd. You think of a football game as an opprotunity to take out a date.

Btw, I think its a great place for a date. If she doesnt like football I dont think it would last.

xrulesx Quoted for emphasis! xthumbsupx