PDA

View Full Version : TO done in Philly.....

LacesOut
November 7th, 2005, 02:20 PM
See ya! (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/13105329.htm)

I am an Eagle fan. But this clown needs to be off this team.

Posted on Mon, Nov. 07, 2005

Owens' days as an Eagle are over

Philly.com Staff Report

Terrell Owens will not play another game for the Philadelphia Eagles, head coach Andy Reid announced today.

Reading from a prepared statement and declining to comment further during this afternoon's press conference, Reid said the Owens would be suspended without pay for four games for "conduct detrimental to the team," and would not return to the Eagles after the suspension is completed.

Reid said a number of incidents led to the decision but would not elaborate, citing a pending grievance by the players union.

Marcus Garvey
November 7th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I think I can sum this all up in three words:

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

footballer23
November 7th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I love it. I can't wait to see how bad he struggles out there on the market. He won't be getting that long-term deal that he wants anywhere. That selfish idiot is getting exactly what he deserves.

FargoBison
November 7th, 2005, 04:31 PM
TO is trash and hopefully nobody wants this bum on their team. He has great talent but his attitude can destroy any team he plays for.

AZGrizFan
November 7th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I love it. I can't wait to see how bad he struggles out there on the market. He won't be getting that long-term deal that he wants anywhere. That selfish idiot is getting exactly what he deserves.

Being a selfish idiot hasn't stopped Barry Bonds...I expect some desperate team will give him exactly what he's looking for...likely there will be multiple bidders. These teams have VERY short memories. :rolleyes:

footballer23
November 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Being a selfish idiot hasn't stopped Barry Bonds...I expect some desperate team will give him exactly what he's looking for...likely there will be multiple bidders. These teams have VERY short memories. :rolleyes:

The difference here is that Barry Bonds isn't killing his team like T.O. is. Sure, he had his problems with Jeff Kent, but that got worked out. These are two completely different scenarios.

TxSt02
November 7th, 2005, 06:23 PM
do you mean Barriod Bonds???

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM
http://ww2.coastal.edu/gjcarone/to.jpg

Coastal89
November 7th, 2005, 06:51 PM
The Texans will likely pick him up.

blackfordpu
November 7th, 2005, 08:45 PM
The Texans will likely pick him up.

Man I hope not. We have a future star in Andre Johnson. Now all we need is a QB and OL to make sure he gets the ball.

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I hope he ends up in a media backwater like Jacksonville or Buffalo.

blukeys
November 8th, 2005, 10:40 AM

I hope he ends up playing red rover with a bunch of guys that need deodorant. ;)

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 11:09 AM

he makes his own media, no matter where

ASU Kep
November 8th, 2005, 12:28 PM
he should go to pittsburgh. they'd kill him.

LacesOut
November 8th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I wonder why he is, or why he became such an incredibly horrible teamate?? In Philly and in San Fran. And what is his true motivation for calling out two of the QB's he played with, Garcia and McNabb?? I'm sure I'll never know.

blackfordpu
November 8th, 2005, 09:02 PM
I just hope he is done, PERIOD! :mad:

blukeys
November 8th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I just hope he is done, PERIOD! :mad:

He could very well turn up in Texas. He is a great talent and some coaches believe they can turn anyone around. A one year contract with options. Maybe the Tuna believes he can turn lead into gold. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blackfordpu
November 8th, 2005, 09:47 PM
He could very well turn up in Texas. He is a great talent and some coaches believe they can turn anyone around. A one year contract with options. Maybe the Tuna believes he can turn lead into gold. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Meh, who cares about the Cowboys. :)

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2005, 10:14 PM

Tuna, hell! T.O., meet the Houston Texans!!

ASU Kep
November 8th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Why isn't anybody talking about Atlanta? He spends his off-season there, we've got the cap room, and we need a standout receiver to help Vick out. I think Atlanta would definitely be a better fit, too, but still don't want him on my team :confused: . Just wondering if theres a reason why the possibility hadnt been brought up?

Reed Rothchild
November 9th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Why isn't anybody talking about Atlanta? He spends his off-season there, we've got the cap room, and we need a standout receiver to help Vick out. I think Atlanta would definitely be a better fit, too, but still don't want him on my team :confused: . Just wondering if theres a reason why the possibility hadnt been brought up?
Mora wouldn't let him on. He seems like he would put up with little.

Coastal89
November 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM
There's always the WWE.

AppGuy04
November 9th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Mora wouldn't let him on. He seems like he would put up with little.

i'm not sure any will want him, but its usually the front office that makes that call, unless its a tenured coach, then he'd have some say so

SunCoastBlueHen
November 9th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I wonder why he is, or why he became such an incredibly horrible teamate?? In Philly and in San Fran. And what is his true motivation for calling out two of the QB's he played with, Garcia and McNabb?? I'm sure I'll never know.

Here is one theory...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/08/owens/index.html

ASU Kep
November 9th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Yah, but T.O. really has out-done himself here. Granted, there's probably 10 teams in the NFL that'll be willing to have him next season, but there's no doubt T.O. has damaged his long-term $$$ making potentials. Most of those other guys didn't do much on the scale of what we've witnessed over the past few months and especially the past two weeks. BTW, if you conducted a poll right now of fans from all 32 teams in the NFL, how many teams do you think would favor adding T.O. I really have no idea, but I'd expect the vast majority to be dead-set against it, including many teams with pretty bad records right now.

charliej
November 9th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Yah, but T.O. really has out-done himself here. Granted, there's probably 10 teams in the NFL that'll be willing to have him next season, but there's no doubt T.O. has damaged his long-term $$$ making potentials. Most of those other guys didn't do much on the scale of what we've witnessed over the past few months and especially the past two weeks. BTW, if you conducted a poll right now of fans from all 32 teams in the NFL, how many teams do you think would favor adding T.O. I really have no idea, but I'd expect the vast majority to be dead-set against it, including many teams with pretty bad records right now.

I'm not so sure about that.While I think a majority of Philly fans are glad to see him go,T.O. still has a pretty good following of fans who think the Eagles made a big mistake. If there are that many who still want him around after putting up with him ,my guess is there are fans out there who would welcome him aboard their team.(Just like they did here in Philly last year.)

Maybe it's me,but when he gave his public apology yesterday I almost felt like he truly meant what he said. Then Rosenhaus(sp) took the mike....THATS the guy I can't stand.

ASU Kep
November 9th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I agree. I really think T.O. would not be in this position if he didn't have that egotistical moron whispering in his ear...not an excuse, just a thought.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 9th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I told all you Philly fans you were gonna get what you deserved with this piece of garbage. LMAO. I bet the 49ers are laughing all the way to the bank on this one along with the Ravens. Any way I heard on Fox Sports Radio on XM last night a commentator said this : T.O......Million Dollar body....10cent brain!

CarolinaGirl
November 9th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I heard on ESPN Countdown on Sunday that Mike Shanahan may be able to handle him or at least be willing to try. I don't think they have much in the way of WR right now. How did Tuna get Keyshawn to keep his mouth shut when he got to Dallas? He pushed it pretty far himself a couple of years ago.

CarolinaGirl
November 9th, 2005, 09:27 PM
BTW: What kind of comment was that "...backwater media like Buffalo.."??? That wasn't very nice... :( :(

charliej
November 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM
......How did Tuna get Keyshawn to keep his mouth shut when he got to Dallas? He pushed it pretty far himself a couple of years ago.

I'm not so sure he has. Saw them earlier this year & Keyshawn was still startin ***** on the sidelines.

LacesOut
November 11th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Here is one theory...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/08/owens/index.html

Ok I see the point being made by the author. But TO would have been released/cut anyway by the Birds at the end of this season. It amazes me that he could not just shut up, play 8 more games for the Eagles, and then get what he wants, out of Philly at the end of the year.

Quote from Jim Mora Sr: -- "If the Falcons sign T.O., I'll disown my kid." - NFL Network analyst Jim Mora Sr., whose son, Jim Jr., is the Falcons' coach.

CatamountBK
November 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Ok I see the point being made by the author. But TO would have been released/cut anyway by the Birds at the end of this season. It amazes me that he could not just shut up, play 8 more games for the Eagles, and then get what he wants, out of Philly at the end of the year.

Quote from Jim Mora Sr: -- "If the Falcons sign T.O., I'll disown my kid." - NFL Network analyst Jim Mora Sr., whose son, Jim Jr., is the Falcons' coach.

Who cares what Jim Mora Sr thinks...his son has already done more than he ever did. And regardless of off the field stuff, if a QB wants owens, an organization should do everything they can to get him.

vick has already said he'd be cool with T.O. as long as he understood what kind of offense the team runs.

AppStateSVX
November 13th, 2005, 10:39 AM
As great of a player as TO is, i'm not sure I want him going to ATL either. ATL has the best running game in the NFL, and if TO came on board, he would try to steal the spotlight from Warrick Dunn, who I think is one of he hardest working players ever, and has really stepped it up this year. While it would help Vick have a solid receiver to throw to, I don't want to think of what it would do to Warrick Dunn

MarkCCU
November 17th, 2005, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=LacesOut]See ya! (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/13105329.htm)

I am an Eagle fan. But this clown needs to be off this team.
QUOTE]

I'm so glad. I'm an Eagle fan as well. but T.O. is just a horrible person, great talent, but horrible person. Now the locker room is void of his detrimental behavior and antics. I don't think he can turn around like Keyshawn, but hell anything is possible.