W&M 38 - URI 17
UMass 52 - Bryant 10
Richmond 45 - Georgetown 7
Hofstra 17 - Delaware 10
JMU 31 - Villanova 24

HensRock
October 20th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Northeastern
Towson in a shocker! (this defies all logic - I know)
W&M
UMass
Richmond
Hofstra
Nova

mainejeff
October 20th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Maine 35 Northeastern 10
UNH 31 Towson 21
William & Mary 52 URI 10
UMass 63 Bryant 14
Richmond 42 Georgetown 7
Hofstra 38 Delaware 17
JMU 28 Villanova 24

ChickenMan
October 20th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Villanova
Northeastern
Hofstra
UMass
Richmond
UNH
W&M

alexale23
October 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Im waiting for 8 legger JMU NOVAprediction.

I have a feeling he gonna go with

JMU this week

Eight Legger
October 20th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Northeastern 24 Maine 20
Towson 17 UNH 38
URI 12 W&M 44
Bryant 13 UMass 46
Georgetown 6 Richmond 56
Delaware 31 Hofstra 10
JMU 32 Villanova 28

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Northeastern 24 Maine 20
Towson 17 UNH 38
URI 12 W&M 44
Bryant 13 UMass 46
Georgetown 6 Richmond 56
Delaware 31 Hofstra 10
JMU 32 Villanova 28

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Northeastern
W&M
UMass
Richmond
Hofstra
Nova
it defies more then logic

jlcharles
October 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Maine
UNH
W&M
UMass
Hofstra
Villanova

ur2k
October 20th, 2008, 12:36 PM

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Northeastern 24 Maine 20
Towson 17 UNH 38
URI 12 W&M 44
Bryant 13 UMass 46
Georgetown 6 Richmond 56
Delaware 31 Hofstra 10
JMU 32 Villanova 28

The reverse jinx - watch out Dukes. xeekx

URMite
October 20th, 2008, 12:36 PM
it defies more then logic

Like what the laws of physics? the space-time continuum? xwhistlex

URMite
October 20th, 2008, 12:38 PM

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

The question is: has he gotten serious or is he looking for a jinx? xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
October 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
My prediction is that there will be competitive games and people will have fun!

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 12:40 PM
The question is: has he gotten serious or is he looking for a jinx? xlolx

Either way, I'm scared...

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 12:40 PM
My prediction is that there will be competitive games and people will have fun!

You do realize that Richmond is playing Georgetown and Umass is playing Bryant, right?

Husky Alum
October 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Maine over NU - in the afternoon. NU takes 3 of 4 points on the ice, however.

UNH over Towson

W&M over URI

UMass JV's over Bryant

Richmond JV's over Georgetown

Delaware over Hofstra

JMU over Villanova

URMite
October 20th, 2008, 12:48 PM

UNH over Towson

W&M over URI

UMass JV's over Bryant

Delaware over Hofstra

JMU over Villanova

Josh Vaughn wins the game all by himself? xeekx :D

dgreco
October 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM

UNH over Towson

W&M over URI

UMass JV's over Bryant

Delaware over Hofstra

JMU over Villanova

Bryant won't win, but they aren't that bad!

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
You do realize that Richmond is playing Georgetown and Umass is playing Bryant, right?
he didnt say all the games would be competitive.

Old Cage
October 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM
dgreco - As you said in another thread, your guys should get excited playing before 16,000 or so folks. A school record for you for any sport if that happens?

Band Day and a good forecast (currently at mostly sun and 58 for kickoff) will bring a nice crowd.

Let me know if you are there - we will have a garlic brat and an Old Brown Dog waiting pre-game.

art vandelay
October 20th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Northeastern
W&M
UMass
Richmond
Hofstra
Nova

If UNH ends up losing I am blaming you!xmadx

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
If UNH ends up losing I am blaming you!xmadx
oh comeon, I usually run my mouth about something every week and get the blame for the losses :p

Pitz
October 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Maine 28
Northeastern 24

UNH 42
Towson 23

W&M 43
URI 17

UMASS 56
Bryant 7

Richmond 52
Georgetown 3

Hofstra 3
Delaware 2

JMU 28
Villanova 22

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Maine 28
Northeastern 24

UNH 42
Towson 23

W&M 43
URI 17

UMASS 56
Bryant 7

Richmond 52
Georgetown 3

Hofstra 3
Delaware 2

JMU 28
Villanova 22
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
October 20th, 2008, 01:30 PM

I didn't say that all of the games will be competitive

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I didn't say that all of the games will be competitive

I know, I know....

Just giving you a hard time...

Well, you and Bryant and Georgetown. xpeacex

UNHWILDCATS05
October 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
oh comeon, I usually run my mouth about something every week and get the blame for the losses :p

haha... you beat me to it...

WrenFGun
October 20th, 2008, 01:46 PM

I am perpetually terrified that you will jinx UNH, week after week. xnodx

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM
im trying my best to keep my mouth shut :p

Tribe4SF
October 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM

That'll be a first!xsmiley_wix

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM

The pitch: change up, floating in there....

There it goes...Adios Pelota!!!

dgreco
October 20th, 2008, 02:13 PM
dgreco - As you said in another thread, your guys should get excited playing before 16,000 or so folks. A school record for you for any sport if that happens?

Band Day and a good forecast (currently at mostly sun and 58 for kickoff) will bring a nice crowd.

Let me know if you are there - we will have a garlic brat and an Old Brown Dog waiting pre-game.

It will be a record for regular season sports. They play in the DII Lacrosse Semi-finals and had a large crowd. I think it passed the 16,000 mark. The largest the football team ever played in front of was 7,000 at Stony Brook I think.

I wish I could be there I am in S.Florida. I really want to buy tickets and come up, but it wouldn't be a good use of my money :D

Hoyadestroya85
October 20th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I know, I know....

Just giving you a hard time...

Well, you and Bryant and Georgetown. xpeacex

i wish villanova could play an OOC team like that...

GannonFan
October 20th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Northeastern 21 Maine 24 – Both of these teams have been pleasant surprises this year in terms of how good they are. Neither are great teams, but both have played real competitive ball and both seem to be improving as the year moves on. Maine, however, still has something to play for. While winning at UMass and winning the season ending game against UNH seem like tall tasks, if they win out they are in the playoffs. They survived a close call against URI last week and I think more of the same is in store in Orono this weekend. I like the Black Bears in a close one.

Towson 24 New Hampshire 54 – Not a whole lot to say on this one. UNH is pretty good, especially on offense, while their defense will and has (well, in their one loss) been their undoing. Towson can’t do much of anything, but did find a way to beat Rhode Island. UNH cruises through this one.

URI 10 William and Mary 42 – Still difficult to gauge how good W&M is. Obviously, Phillips is an exceptional QB. And while they piled up yards galore on UD’s very good defense, they didn’t score much until the game was essentially over, only having 13 points through three and a half quarters. And W&M’s defense is fine, but certainly not outstanding. W&M’s only FCS loss this year came at the hands of a pretty good nova side, but Phillips didn’t play, and W&M still only lost by 10. Oddly, we won’t have the answer on W&M until late in November, as they won’t play a game they won’t be heavily favored in until they face JMU and Richmond in the last two weeks of the year. Fully expect W&M to be 7-2 and a virtual wild card going into Harrisonburg in November. Oh, and they easily roll over the Rams this week.

Bryant 7 UMass 45 – Being a DII fan through my parents (both West Chester alums and of course I get to see West Chester every year, for about 3 more years, as a UD fan) I actually knew who or what Bryant was. They started up football a little more than 10 years ago, and in the past two years they were dismissed in the opening round (not the first round, opening round – there is a difference) of the DII playoffs, once by the aforementioned West Chester program. But UMass isn’t Pace or CW Post, and this game gets ugly. UMass is on the precipice now with the loss to Richmond last week and stands one loss away from no Thanksgiving week football. I don’t think UMass is a playoff team, but Bryant won’t be the team that delivers the death blow to those hopes.

Delaware 8 Hofstra 7 – Well, someone has it wrong – there’s no “Fightin” in the Blue Hens this year (the Phillies have assumed that moniker) and there’s no “Pride” in Hofstra either. Bad football teams in bad seasons. UD has a ray of hope, though, as it’s very possible that Schoenhoft won’t be under center this week. As bad of a season as UD has had, in truth, if they had an average QB this year UD would probably be in the playoffs. UD’s defense gives up yards, but not points, and has kept UD in games much longer than an inept offense would seemingly allow. Any QB has to be better than the job Schoenhoft has done lately. For Hofstra, they played hard and almost won on the road in Orono last week, falling in OT. Either they’ve turned a corner and might be getting the ship righted, or they took one last stab at playing really hard and just came up short. I see the Hens, under a new QB, eeking this one out. Oh, and I think UD scores 6 safeties to get to the 8 points.

Georgetown 0 Richmond 42 – Wow, Georgetown, the worst patsy from what is now being called the Patsy League (formerly known as the Patriot). Richmond recovered nicely from the shocking loss to JMU the week before to be the first team in a long time to win in Amherst. Richmond looked dominant running through UMass and you could see an energy that the Spiders have been lacking all year. Maybe being on the brink of elimination is the necessary spark they needed? If JMU knocks off W&M, the Richmond/W&M game could be a play-in game for the playoffs, because Richmond is on cruise control now until that game as no one on the schedule should scare them.

James Madison 24 villanova 28 – Big game of the weekend takes place on the Main Line this week. JMU comes in touting the #1 ranking, and after having dismissed Richmond before the idle last week, can see the finish line and a playoff seed in sight. However, they still need to play the wildcats. nova is by far fielding their best team since the ’02 season, and they are doing it by having the most balanced offense in the conference and by playing perhaps the best defense in the conference. And not only do they play good defense, but they play great against the run. Now I know JMU backers are adamant that Landers is a good passer and that he’s just being held back by the system, but I just don’t see it. Last year Landers and JMU ran tons of WR screens against a young nova defense that for some reason, never adjusted to the pattern. JMU had gobs of passing yards in a romp in Harrisonburg. But this is a much different nova team than the one from last year, and I see JMU struggling to move the ball on offense. JMU’s not a great road team, and they won’t be able to afford a slow start ala what happened in Orono this year. nova’s going to limit JMU on the ground and Landers will be forced into the unfamiliar position of having to throw the ball much more than they’d like. nova’s QB situation is interesting as Whitney is far better equipped to play JMU than Young, but with either QB nova will move the ball against an okay but not great JMU defense. Home team prevails here and nova gets the inside edge for a seed (although maybe not the only one for the CAA this year).

GannonFan
October 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM
i wish villanova could play an OOC team like that...

Let's not get too crazy. Lehigh and Penn are great names, but their better football years are certainly behind them at the moment. Better than Bryant and G'town, sure, but not a crazy OOC either.

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 03:04 PM
if in response to this post if a certain user used the term pinhead, could that be taken as a personal attack?

Im not using the term, just wondering :p

Hoyadestroya85
October 20th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Let's not get too crazy. Lehigh and Penn are great names, but their better football years are certainly behind them at the moment. Better than Bryant and G'town, sure, but not a crazy OOC either.

Actually i just wish we could lay a beatdown on GTown in football.. scratch bryant from that list... and yeah.. Penn and Lehigh are down this year

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 20th, 2008, 03:20 PM
First of all, as much as I disagree with you from time to time, you definitely give the best analytical predictions for the CAA week-in, week-out. Props.

Having said that (uh oh, here it comes... xsmiley_wix ):

JMU’s not a great road team Um, 2004 anyone? And don't tell the Spiders - we can only beat them in Richmond. xrolleyesx

Of course, having passers like Gannon and Flacco will make you used to seeing a hell of a good passer, but the "Landers can't throw" crap is just silly. His arm is certainly not the problem, in fact, he throws a better long ball and tends to over throw on side out patterns and screen passes. His best passes are usually 10-20 yrd routes by the TE. But i know, i know... dead horse...

So, as far as this game, I think much of your analysis is good.

Here are my two observations:

1) Good for JMU - What the Spiders and staff said after their loss to Villanova. They said they played a bad game. They said they were unprepared and flat. UR was definitely NOT unprepared/flat for JMU and the Dukes still found a way to win. I don't think the Villanova defense is any better than UR's, but it's close.

2) Bad for JMU - Losing Sr. LB DJ Brandon for the year (career ending knee injury ACL torn I believe) is HUGE. How will the coaching staff adjust. They have had an extra week to plug in a player, but LB was thin before the season started. Should be interesting to see how the Dukes respond to this loss of personnel.

This team is playing like a team destined for good things. Last year, the opposite was true with close losses to UR, UD, and App St. This year JMU has close wins over UR, App St. and even Maine was no pushover in a strange northern tropical storm. I'll bet with them until something changes. xpeacex

GannonFan
October 20th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Actually i just wish we could lay a beatdown on GTown in football.. scratch bryant from that list... and yeah.. Penn and Lehigh are down this year

This year, and last year, and the year before that, and.... xnodx

Dukie95
October 20th, 2008, 03:27 PM
1) Good for JMU - What the Spiders and staff said after their loss to Villanova. They said they played a bad game. They said they were unprepared and flat. UR was definitely NOT unprepared/flat for JMU and the Dukes still found a way to win.

Starting to veer OT I guess, but I hadn't heard those comments and I'm a bit surprised. I thought UR came out well prepared and played a near perfect game. They had the best anti-Landers game plan we had seen all season. We were lucky to get out of there with a win and would not have if not for some questionable coaching calls towards the end. (I'm taking about not eating more clock in the red zone with a one point lead before UR's final TD)

GannonFan
October 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM
First of all, as much as I disagree with you from time to time, you definitely give the best analytical predictions for the CAA week-in, week-out. Props.

Having said that (uh oh, here it comes... xsmiley_wix ):

Um, 2004 anyone? And don't tell the Spiders - we can only beat them in Richmond. xrolleyesx

Of course, having passers like Gannon and Flacco will make you used to seeing a hell of a good passer, but the "Landers can't throw" crap is just silly. His arm is certainly not the problem, in fact, he throws a better long ball and tends to over throw on side out patterns and screen passes. His best passes are usually 10-20 yrd routes by the TE. But i know, i know... dead horse...

So, as far as this game, I think much of your analysis is good.

Here are my two observations:

1) Good for JMU - What the Spiders and staff said after their loss to Villanova. They said they played a bad game. They said they were unprepared and flat. UR was definitely NOT unprepared/flat for JMU and the Dukes still found a way to win. I don't think the Villanova defense is any better than UR's, but it's close.

2) Bad for JMU - Losing Sr. LB DJ Brandon for the year (career ending knee injury ACL torn I believe) is HUGE. How will the coaching staff adjust. They have had an extra week to plug in a player, but LB was thin before the season started. Should be interesting to see how the Dukes respond to this loss of personnel.

This team is playing like a team destined for good things. Last year, the opposite was true with close losses to UR, UD, and App St. This year JMU has close wins over UR, App St. and even Maine was no pushover in a strange northern tropical storm. I'll bet with them until something changes. xpeacex

Hey, 2004 is 2004 - that was 4 years ago. Since then, and be honest, how many good road wins does JMU have? I count two, when they beat UNH in '06 and when they beat Richmond this year. The number of losses on the road (UD twice, Coastal Carolina, UMass, Appy St twice, villanova, Duke, UNC, Youngstown St) aren't all that pretty. Close? Sure, but losses nonetheless.

And I can only judge Landers on what I've seen (in person and numerous TV games) - he's not a great passer. But he's not called upon to do so very often so it's not that important of a point.

Should be a good game either way.

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Starting to veer OT I guess, but I hadn't heard those comments and I'm a bit surprised. I thought UR came out well prepared and played a near perfect game. They had the best anti-Landers game plan we had seen all season. We were lucky to get out of there with a win and would not have if not for some questionable coaching calls towards the end. (I'm taking about not eating more clock in the red zone with a one point lead before UR's final TD)

I promise we teach reading comprehension at Madison...I promise we do...:D :D :p :o

potus#4
October 20th, 2008, 03:38 PM

I think he's saying that UR said that after the 'Nova game, not the JMU game. UR definitley played some inspired ball against the Dukes and had a solid game plan.
EDIT: Ooops. See above.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM
if in response to this post if a certain user used the term pinhead, could that be taken as a personal attack?

Im not using the term, just wondering :p

Yes. And you should know that particular term is used solely to describe the backers of a certain school that claims to be Boston. Then again you might be the only fan of another Hockey East school that actually likes said school.

And BTW, I've met Tribe4SF and have read his posts for multiple years now. There is no way, shape or form that your term could be associated with him. A classier, more knowledgeable member of this forum would be difficult to find.

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Yes. And you should know that particular term is used solely to describe the backers of a certain school that claims to be Boston. Then again you might be the only fan of another Hockey East school that actually likes said school.

And BTW, I've met Tribe4SF and have read his posts for multiple years now. There is no way, shape or form that your term could be associated with him. A classier, more knowledgeable member of this forum would be difficult to find.

i only like the football and basketball... I hate their hockey.

BDKJMU
October 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Hey, 2004 is 2004 - that was 4 years ago. Since then, and be honest, how many good road wins does JMU have? I count two, when they beat UNH in '06 and when they beat Richmond this year. The number of losses on the road (UD twice, Coastal Carolina, UMass, Appy St twice, villanova, Duke, UNC, Youngstown St) aren't all that pretty. Close? Sure, but losses nonetheless.

And I can only judge Landers on what I've seen (in person and numerous TV games) - he's not a great passer. But he's not called upon to do so very often so it's not that important of a point.

Should be a good game either way.

You left off UR 06'. Yeah, UR finished 6-5, but they were the pre season pick to win the CAA South and were ranked when JMU beat them 27-10.

GannonFan
October 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM
You left off UR 06'. Yeah, UR finished 6-5, but they were the pre season pick to win the CAA South and were ranked when JMU beat them 27-10.

Nope, can't count that one. UD had absolutely no defense in '06 (inverse of this year) were terrible, and even they manage to go into Richmond and beat the Spiders that year. That completely negates Richmond as a good road win in '06. :p

URMite
October 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Nope, can't count that one. UD had absolutely no defense in '06 (inverse of this year) were terrible, and even they manage to go into Richmond and beat the Spiders that year. That completely negates Richmond as a good road win in '06. :p

You didn't manage to beat us, the fates did. I still can't believe the Vaughn fumble off his thigh at the 15 yd line that stayed within a couple inches of the sideline until it touched the pylon.xnonono2x :p

Ok, The true story for 06 may be Crone the FB, he was out for 4 games, which happened to be our 4 FCS losses. No FB = No running game, which = no play action, which = no offense and a great D for nothing. Domino effect xoopsx 6-1 with him, 0-4 without.

Hoyadestroya85
October 20th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I think mark Reardon will have a good strategy for landers, he had good practice against a certain running quarterback..

Henwatcher
October 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Northeastern 21 Maine 20
UMass 49 Bryant 0
Hofstra 20 Delaware 6- Hens offense gets 2 field goals this week.
Richmond 63 Georgetown 1st down.
Villanova 27 JMU 24 Pains me to pick 'nova, but just a hunch.
UNH 48 Towson 24
W&M 42 Rhodey 21

MacThor
October 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
You didn't manage to beat us, the fates did. I still can't believe the Vaughn fumble off his thigh at the 15 yd line that stayed within a couple inches of the sideline until it touched the pylon.xnonono2x :p

Ok, The true story for 06 may be Crone the FB, he was out for 4 games, which happened to be our 4 FCS losses. No FB = No running game, which = no play action, which = no offense and a great D for nothing. Domino effect xoopsx 6-1 with him, 0-4 without.

The odd thing about '06 being our "letdown year" of the past four is that was the year we beat an FBS team.......granted it was Duke.

93henfan
October 20th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Delaware 31

You clearly misunderstand this thread. You're supposed to predict the score of the next game, not how many points a team is going to score the rest of the season.xnonox

ccd494
October 20th, 2008, 09:14 PM

I think Maine might muster a split in the game Darling starts in net. Wilson on Friday, I hope the lightbulb in the goal lamp has been changed recently.

Cobblestone
October 20th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Northeastern at Maine
Towson at UNH
URI at W&M
Bryant at UMass
Georgetown at Richmond
Delaware at Hofstra
JMU at Villanova

Cobblestone
October 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Northeastern 21 Maine 20
UMass 49 Bryant 0
Hofstra 20 Delaware 6- Hens offense gets 2 field goals this week.
Richmond 63 Georgetown 1st down.
Villanova 27 JMU 24 Pains me to pick 'nova, but just a hunch.
UNH 48 Towson 24
W&M 42 Rhodey 21

xlolx

Turfwar
October 20th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Villanova is a good team, but JMU is smoking hot right now.

JMU - - -34

Villanova - - - 24

Dukie95
October 21st, 2008, 07:00 AM
I promise we teach reading comprehension at Madison...I promise we do...:D :D :p :o

Oops, yeah, sorry. I completely misread that. I thought you were saying the UR coaches said they weren't prepared for JMU. I somehow missed that they were talking about the Villanova game.

:o

wideright82
October 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM
Villanova is a good team, but JMU is smoking hot right now.

JMU - - -34

Villanova - - - 24

JMU is smoking hot right now, with 6 straight wins, HOWEVER, i don't know how great a reason that is for them to win considering Villanova now has 5 straight wins. Momentum coming into this game, the teams they have played this year, and past history with these two teams have little factor on this game. Both teams are going to come out pumped up and i have a hunch it is going to be an absolute battle. Both teams are playing seasons to be remembered. JMU scares the everloving crap out of me. Too many weapons. No prediction here, dont want to jinx it either way.

mcveyrl
October 21st, 2008, 09:21 AM
JMU is smoking hot right now, with 6 straight wins, HOWEVER, i don't know how great a reason that is for them to win considering Villanova now has 5 straight wins. Momentum coming into this game, the teams they have played this year, and past history with these two teams have little factor on this game. Both teams are going to come out pumped up and i have a hunch it is going to be an absolute battle. Both teams are playing seasons to be remembered. JMU scares the everloving crap out of me. Too many weapons. No prediction here, dont want to jinx it either way.

I don't make predictions either, but we're also coming off a bye week. I always get scared coming off a bye week because you don't want to come out sluggish. Then again, the bye week was good for us to get our LB issues sorted out.

wideright82
October 21st, 2008, 09:38 AM
I don't make predictions either, but we're also coming off a bye week. I always get scared coming off a bye week because you don't want to come out sluggish. Then again, the bye week was good for us to get our LB issues sorted out.

Yeah that is the truth, but then again, JMU came out a little flat against App St. and we all know how that turned out. This game is way too stressful, i need a 3 day coma to wake up around tailgate time on Sat. xrotatehx

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
haha... you beat me to it...

It's only Tuesday......can you make it until Saturday afternoon?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 21st, 2008, 10:17 AM

It's only Tuesday......can you make it until Saturday afternoon?

And Travis can your computer and/or connectivity die before November and not be replaced and/or fixed until Christmas? :p xrotatehx xrotatehx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
JMU scares the everloving crap out of me. Too many weapons.

Couldn't help but have a HUGE grin on my face when I read that. Almost as big of a grin as when I read Andy's quote in his sig. for the first time.xnodx

GoBlueHens83
October 22nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
Northeastern at Maine
Towson at UNH
URI at W&M
Bryant at UMass
Georgetown at Richmond
Delaware at Hofstra
JMU at Villanova

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 22nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
Maine
UNH
W&M
UMass
Richmond
Hofstra
JMU

GeeWiz
October 22nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Maine 24 NU 17 - I think Maine's "D" gives NU fits all day and NU is really banged up

UNH 42 Towson 21 - UNH is just too explosive for TU

UMass 52 Bryant 7 - Moving on ...

W&M 35 URI 17 - The Tribe is on the warpath in the CAA South

Hofstra 31 UD 24 in 2OT - I get the sense UD has mailed in the season and HU will be motivated

Richmond 37 G-town 7 - I don't see UR having any problems with a bottom-of-the-barrell Patriot Lg. team

'Nova 41 JMU 33 - My upset special! I think the Wildcats have proven they're a force to be dealt with and playing at home gives them a slight advantage

smcwildcat
October 22nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
UNH

Col Hogan
October 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm just recovering from last Saturday...do we have a game this week???

Actually, I'm gonna be in Amherst for this weeks game, traveling from DC to the Happy Valley to watch the Minutemen start a new home winning streak...and 30 high school bands xeekx (it's Band Day...xoopsx )

Anyway...here's my attempt at prognosticating...

Bryant at UMass -A ticked off team takes it out on a good transitional team
Northeastern at Maine - The Bears slip by the Huskies at home
Towson at UNH - After their first half last week, the Wildcats are awake
URI at W&M - Tribe has rack of Ram for lunch
Georgetown at Richmond - xnonono2x xnonono2x
Delaware at Hofstra - Hens...one question...HOW LOW CAN YOU GO???
JMU at Villanova - I am a Dukie-believer

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 22nd, 2008, 11:35 PM
Northeastern 31, Maine 24. NU is a pretty good team, all things considered.
UNH 52, Towson 21, Time to build up poll points
W&M 58, URI 24. W&M is still very underrated as URI will discover
UMass 72, Bryant 10. Time to build up scoring margin.
Richmond 73, Georgetown 7. Ditto from UMASS
Delaware 16, Hofstra 10. Defensive squeaker with Hens winning in OT.
JMU 38 - Villanova 37. JMU wins thriller in game of the week.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 23rd, 2008, 06:33 AM
Northeastern 31, Maine 24. NU is a pretty good team, all things considered.
UNH 52, Towson 21, Time to build up poll points
W&M 58, URI 24. W&M is still very underrated as URI will discover
UMass 72, Bryant 10. Time to build up scoring margin.
Richmond 73, Georgetown 7. Ditto from UMASS
Delaware 16, Hofstra 10. Defensive squeaker with Hens winning in OT.
JMU 38 - Villanova 37. JMU wins thriller in game of the week.

No offense but I hope JMU blows Villanova out because I don't think my heart can take any more of these close games!

Uncle Buck
October 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
All good picks, but the only game i will comment on is the UD at Hofstra. While I would like to believe we have a shot, too many injuries for us to overcome. We have a true freshman now under center with a true freshman getting carries, not a recipe for success. I think UD wins, but it will be interesting to see what the frosh QB can do.

Either way, i'll be there.

Tribe4SF
October 24th, 2008, 06:04 AM
All good picks, but the only game i will comment on is the UD at Hofstra. While I would like to believe we have a shot, too many injuries for us to overcome. We have a true freshman now under center with a true freshman getting carries, not a recipe for success. I think UD wins, but it will be interesting to see what the frosh QB can do.

With the numbers Hofstra put up against Maine, there seems to be hope. Delaware's defense is still among the best in the conference, and is still capable of controlling a game, so Hofstra will need good play from the QB to win this.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 24th, 2008, 06:46 AM

40 points on Maine's defense says something. You play that type of game against Delaware and you win. Actually just score at least more than 14 points and you win against Delaware.xsmiley_wix

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
40 points on Maine's defense says something. You play that type of game against Delaware and you win. Actually just score at least more than 14 points and you win against Delaware.xsmiley_wix

I think each team had two OT scores.

Tribe4SF
October 24th, 2008, 08:11 AM

27 points in regulation, including a 74 yard TD drive in the fourth to tie the game. Pretty good showing for the Hofstra offense. Getting two TDs in OT ain't bad either.

fie
October 24th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Vanilla comes on strong,JM loses ! Deli can't cut it,Hofstra win

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Fact remains that it was still 40 points. I have respect for Maine's D even though it isn't what it was in years past.

Monarch History
October 24th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Northeastern at Maine
Towson at UNH
URI at W&M
Bryant at UMass
Georgetown at Richmond
Delaware at Hofstra
JMU at Villanova

Uncle Buck
October 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM
27 points in regulation, including a 74 yard TD drive in the fourth to tie the game. Pretty good showing for the Hofstra offense. Getting two TDs in OT ain't bad either.

That was also after losing one of our starting backs and the QB in the second qtr. Eh, either way, a true freshman at QB could be too much to overcome. Baptism by fire, hopefully the o-line is up to the test.

89Hen
October 27th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Northeastern 31 - Maine 24 (0-20) xconfusedx xeyebrowx
UNH 42 - Towson 10 (42-14) xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
W&M 38 - URI 17 (34-24) xthumbsupx
UMass 52 - Bryant 10 (42-7) xthumbsupx
Richmond 45 - Georgetown 7 (48-0) xthumbsupx
Hofstra 17 - Delaware 10 (0-17) :o
JMU 31 - Villanova 24 (23-19) xthumbsupx

bandl
October 27th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Northeastern 31 - Maine 24 (0-20) xconfusedx xeyebrowx
UNH 42 - Towson 10 (42-14) xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
W&M 38 - URI 17 (34-24) xthumbsupx
UMass 52 - Bryant 10 (42-7) xthumbsupx
Richmond 45 - Georgetown 7 (48-0) xthumbsupx
Hofstra 17 - Delaware 10 (0-17) :o
JMU 31 - Villanova 24 (23-19) xthumbsupx

Damn 89....except for NU/Maine (although not many saw that coming) nice job on the scores xnodx