PDA

View Full Version : Rules About Fans Behind Visitors' Bench?

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I know some schools don't have bleachers or any kind of seats behind the visitor's bench due to the makeup of their football-playing venues, but what schools or conferences have rules related to fans sitting behind their visitor's bench?

We had a post about this on KatFans and I thought I'd post here as inquiring minds would like to know. According to the poster from McNeese (one of the best I-AA venues in the nation), the SLC even used to have a rule, though he does not believe it's in place. He stated:

Priot to 1985, the SLC had a rule about not allowing student sections to be placed directly behind the oposing team. In fact, the rule was "Student seating should be behind the home team". I don't know why, or if, the SLC did away with that rule. but after our last two experiences with the TxSU student sections, especially this year, I am convienced that the SLC needs to reinstate that rule.

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1012

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 11:31 AM
at KBS, the sides are seperated, and the visitors usually sit behind their bench

also, there is a track and a 12 foot wall dividing the benches from the fans

Cocky
November 7th, 2005, 11:36 AM
The OVC made us change the vistors to the home side of the stadium. The vistors had complained about the band cheering to loud.

Bobcat94
November 7th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I'd be the first to say this is because of the problems we have been having at Texas State. There are some bad apples really making all of the students look horrible. I would request you send an email to Coach Bailiff. I'd bet he'd strongly encourage those in the know to take some steps to control this problem we are having.

As an alum I am embarrassed by what I have heard being said and done by some (not all) of our students....

Smack is one thing, but I've heard this was over the line for most everyone.

putter
November 7th, 2005, 12:00 PM
We can't kill the opposing team!! :rolleyes: The biggest mistake some teams make is taunting the crowd and getting them riled up then they get it. Portland St. put a good hit on our QB and knocked him out of the game and some of their players were clapping and cheering because he was hurt. Griz fans took exception and let them have it! Most of it is good natured though.

SpiritCymbal
November 7th, 2005, 12:03 PM
At GSU, the student section consumes half of the North stands which happens to be the side of the opposing team's bench. There is a rail and about 5 feet inbetween the students and the sidelines....part of the 12th man Paulson advantage.

GSUhooligan
November 7th, 2005, 12:42 PM
At GSU, the student section consumes half of the North stands which happens to be the side of the opposing team's bench. There is a rail and about 5 feet inbetween the students and the sidelines....part of the 12th man Paulson advantage.

Now that you mention it, does GSU have the biggest student turn-out? At all the stadiums I've been to, the student sections are about as big as 3-5 rows deep in one little section. At GSU, we have half of a large side of a stadium. I'm guessing U Del would rival us with their enrollment and stadium size, who else has large student turn-outs (8K-10K)

eaglesrthe1
November 7th, 2005, 12:48 PM

Unfourtunately, that proximity to the opposing team, and the fact that the visitors section is also in the same area contributes to the legacy of the classlessness of GSU fans in general.

Poly Pigskin
November 7th, 2005, 02:46 PM
In the past we had a small visitors bleachers section behind the visiting sideline, but our stadium is currently under renovation and those bleachers have been completely removed for the season. Our team opted to take that sideline since there is more room over there, putting the visiting team right in front of the only significant remaining section of bleachers (we have endzone seats, but not many people sit there).

We don't have any specific rules that I know of, though I have seen a few drunkies kicked out if their trash talking was getting out of control. Our fans are generally pretty tame so it's not a huge problem. Personally I think it's a lot more entertaining to have the visitors close by, as it makes the "overrated" chant that much more fun to yell. Yeah, I'm talking to you MSU and EWU.

fuEMO
November 7th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Having the GSU student section behind the opposing team might be the 12th man advantage. But I think the SoCon should reprimand the school for the classless bunch.

Good natured taunting is one thing. Throwing drinks at Furman fans during the victory celebration and taking particular aim at the Furman player parents, which they seat right next to the students. Turning their backs as the Furman band performed and giving them the finger. Classy.

Yelling purple pansie as Shelton Riley is laying on the turf after getting clotheslined on a block. Classy.

You guys make it very hard to want to come support an opposing team in your stadium, that's just not right.

But you do have some classy fans, rode back on the shuttle with a bunch of them. Just get your students under control before something unfortunate happens.

Freightliner
November 7th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I know some schools don't have bleachers or any kind of seats behind the visitor's bench due to the makeup of their football-playing venues, but what schools or conferences have rules related to fans sitting behind their visitor's bench?

We had a post about this on KatFans and I thought I'd post here as inquiring minds would like to know. According to the poster from McNeese (one of the best I-AA venues in the nation), the SLC even used to have a rule, though he does not believe it's in place. He stated:

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1012

Terror...there was a rule in the SLC regarding placing the visiting team away from student sections. But then a few years ago the conference changed it to say that individual institutions had the final decisions on which side to put the visiting team on. It also went on to say that if the visiting team was located behind the student body that at least TWO security officers employed by the host university would be in place to provide security on the sidelines.

As for fan behavior at SLC venues....yes, I do believe that the rule about visiting team locations needs to be reviewed yet again.

Ohh and btw..the letter to the commissioner from the SHSU player's mother I think is right on...I was at the TXST/Nicholls game and noticed the SAME thing from not only their fans but also their police force. Just a bunch of "Bad apples" I say.

Baldy
November 7th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Yelling purple pansie as Shelton Riley is laying on the turf after getting clotheslined on a block. Classy.

FWIW, the cheer was started before Riley. Anyway, that block was 100% clean. It was a classic hardnosed legal decleater, period. :nod:

SpiritCymbal
November 7th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Having the GSU student section behind the opposing team might be the 12th man advantage. But I think the SoCon should reprimand the school for the classless bunch.

Good natured taunting is one thing. Throwing drinks at Furman fans during the victory celebration and taking particular aim at the Furman player parents, which they seat right next to the students. Turning their backs as the Furman band performed and giving them the finger. Classy.

You guys make it very hard to want to come support an opposing team in your stadium, that's just not right.

But you do have some classy fans, rode back on the shuttle with a bunch of them. Just get your students under control before something unfortunate happens.
Kind of like members of the Furman staff coming over the Visitors stands last year and flicking the GSU crowd off? Not sure if it was trainers or coaches, either way....

How about we agree to this....you think our fans suck and we think your fans suck. Cool?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I do think we need to do something. I don't want to be put on probation like we were after the UMASS playoff game of '99...man, I think that was the dirtiest our students have ever been.

McTailGator
November 7th, 2005, 06:47 PM
I'd be the first to say this is because of the problems we have been having at Texas State. There are some bad apples really making all of the students look horrible. I would request you send an email to Coach Bailiff. I'd bet he'd strongly encourage those in the know to take some steps to control this problem we are having.

As an alum I am embarrassed by what I have heard being said and done by some (not all) of our students....

Smack is one thing, but I've heard this was over the line for most everyone.

I've been to San Marcos 6 times now, and the last 2 trips inside the stadium have been horrible for our fans, and cheerleaders. I have not heard anything from our players today but you may have noted that McNeese brought our own sheriffs deputies and posted them directly behind our players bench as a result of the conduct of your students in 2003.

Also, I have e-mailed the SLC Commisioner, your Universtiy President, AD, Associated AD, and your Head Coach regarding the behavior of your students.

I can tell you that the racial insults, groping of our cheerleaders by your mascot, spitting by your students, and F-Bombs directed at our cheerleaders and fans were way over the line and will not go unanswered this time.

I had a long conversation with our University President today, who was seated next to me on Saturday and he later had a conversation with the SLC commisioner just today. The conduct of your students has already been placed on the next Conference Presidents Meeting Agenda and I can tell you that McNeese's recomendation will be that All Student Body Sections in the SLC should be placed behind the home teams bench (or near to it). And Visiting fans and cheer leaders shall be placed behind or near the visiting teams benches. This used to be the case in the old SLC, which is why McNeese's players are still located opposite of our press box side and directly in front of the student section of our stadium. Visiting fans are located between the 25 and 15 yard lines on the pressbox side of our stadium and almost behind the visiting teams bench and just in front of the ground that the visiting cheerleaders or given next to their teams.

I want you and all MATURE TxSU fans to know that this is a result of the behavior of the TxSU students and not the majority of the fans in your stadium who were gracious and fantastic hosts. In fact, I really appreciated the pre-game tailgate meal and hospitality shown to us by Brent and Cats79. It was outstanding.

But some must be done about your student body section, for the protection of the visiting student atheletes and cheerleaders around the SLC.

In addition, I have another personnal issue in this because of the fact that my own Son, who resides with his mother in Conroe, Tx., is planning to attend TxSU, so I want to get this problem resolved before he gets there next fall.

Stay tuned.

And Good Luck, you guys have a great team.

JMU Duke Dog
November 7th, 2005, 06:57 PM
JMU's Bridgeforth Stadium is currently setup so that our student section is behind the visitor's bench. Coach Matthews says that opposing coaches have told him that they do not like their bench being in front of our students at JMU home games.

Sam Adams
November 7th, 2005, 07:00 PM
The GSU fans demonstrated abysmal behavior in 1998 and 1999 against UMass. The school apparently encourages this crap or refuses to enforce any rules whatsoever. Classless and disgraceful BS that should not be tolerated. If the NCAA doesn't force all schools to take appropriate actions something unfortunate is going to happen.

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I wonder how change would be implemented at Sam games. We always or normally fill up the home side completely. We even moved our band to the visitor side because we knew the home side would fill it up and having the band over there was a good move to link the home side to the couch potatoes to the band.

Lots of our students sit up close to the visitor's bench. In fact, the tickets given away for free during the week thanks to student fees are for the home side and couch potatoes. If you don't get those, you sit on the visitors side. Lots of organizations do this because it's easier to sit together as the home side has quite a bit of season ticket seats/chairbacks, etc.

TxSt02
November 7th, 2005, 07:08 PM

I've been to San Marcos 6 times now, and the last 2 trips inside the stadium have been horrible for our fans, and cheerleaders. I have not heard anything from our players today but you may have noted that McNeese brought our own sheriffs deputies and posted them directly behind our players bench as a result of the conduct of your students in 2003.

Also, I have e-mailed the SLC Commisioner, your Universtiy President, AD, Associated AD, and your Head Coach regarding the behavior of your students.

I can tell you that the racial insults, groping of our cheerleaders by your mascot, spitting by your students, and F-Bombs directed at our cheerleaders and fans were way over the line and will not go unanswered this time.

I had a long conversation with our University President today, who was seated next to me on Saturday and he later had a conversation with the SLC commisioner just today. The conduct of your students has already been placed on the next Conference Presidents Meeting Agenda and I can tell you that McNeese's recomendation will be that All Student Body Sections in the SLC should be placed behind the home teams bench (or near to it). And Visiting fans and cheer leaders shall be placed behind or near the visiting teams benches. This used to be the case in the old SLC, which is why McNeese's players are still located opposite of our press box side and directly in front of the student section of our stadium. Visiting fans are located between the 25 and 15 yard lines on the pressbox side of our stadium and almost behind the visiting teams bench and just in front of the ground that the visiting cheerleaders or given next to their teams.

I want you and all MATURE TxSU fans to know that this is a result of the behavior of the TxSU students and not the majority of the fans in your stadium who were gracious and fantastic hosts. In fact, I really appreciated the pre-game tailgate meal and hospitality shown to us by Brent and Cats79. It was outstanding.

But some must be done about your student body section, for the protection of the visiting student atheletes and cheerleaders around the SLC.

In addition, I have another personnal issue in this because of the fact that my own Son, who resides with his mother in Conroe, Tx., is planning to attend TxSU, so I want to get this problem resolved before he gets there next fall.

Stay tuned.

And Good Luck, you guys have a great team.

Sorry to hear this... I dont want to become the Texas Tech of the SLC... Some of our students just feel that anything flys when at football games... Not cool at all. I might drop a f bomb once a game but some of this stuff is uncalled for. The racial slurs and spitting had to be isolated happenings... I just dont see that much "trash" at my school. I hope you have a better experience next time around...

Last thing said... You would never see true fans that frequent these sites to be fans that you have came across.

sceagle
November 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM
There are only a few small groups of GSU students that are that horrible. None of the current ones were there during the UMass games so quit blaming us for past students' bad behavior. Turning around when the Furman band played was not that bad. It is a college football game.

blukeys
November 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Now that you mention it, does GSU have the biggest student turn-out? At all the stadiums I've been to, the student sections are about as big as 3-5 rows deep in one little section. At GSU, we have half of a large side of a stadium. I'm guessing U Del would rival us with their enrollment and stadium size, who else has large student turn-outs (8K-10K)

No way Delaware's students have an 8,000 to 10,000 attendance. At best I would say 2,000. Delware's fans are local people, alumni and basically people who grew up with Delaware football. The contingent that sits in the East Stands can get on visitors quite well as they have been doing it for 20 + years. The East Stands are definitely the blue collar let's get on the visitors crowd and I think they take their cue from Philly Eagle fans. Last Year one fan got the Lafayetter coach Frank Tavani riled up enough that Tavani was willing to take him on in a fight. :cool: This was right before half time.

I have seen individual players making the mistake of trying to taunt a team. Most teams have coaches that shut this down pretty quick.

Putter's obervations are interesting because I have seen only one team not try and set a player down and that was Portland State in a 2000 playoff game. PSU had a wideout who continually taunted the crouwd which was amazing because they were getting killed. The player was never pulled and no coach sat him down and talked to him.

McTailGator
November 7th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I wonder how change would be implemented at Sam games. We always or normally fill up the home side completely. We even moved our band to the visitor side because we knew the home side would fill it up and having the band over there was a good move to link the home side to the couch potatoes to the band.

Lots of our students sit up close to the visitor's bench. In fact, the tickets given away for free during the week thanks to student fees are for the home side and couch potatoes. If you don't get those, you sit on the visitors side. Lots of organizations do this because it's easier to sit together as the home side has quite a bit of season ticket seats/chairbacks, etc.

First thing you need to do is quit thinking "Home Side/Visitors Side" It's all yours. All the visitors need in the SLC is a single section (maybe McNeese fans would require a little more due to the way our fans travel).

Look at McNeese, Our team and our student section is on the east side (opposite of press box) of the stadium. Our student section runs from the EndZone to the 40 Yard line in the first 17 rows and the entire sections from the 30 to the endzone in the next 28 rows up.

Our visiting guests are seated behind the visiting teams bench on the press box side in section P on about the 25 yard line or so. Visiting Cheerleaders are placed on the sidelines right below the fans and the visiting band in section Q on the 15 yard line next to the visiting fans.

It all enhances the gameday atmosphere for all fans both home and visiting.

Sam and TxU, as well as Northwestern will simply have to have their teams switch sides of the field. I think SFA and NSU already do this.

SELA has one other issue in the fact that their stadium is so small, but I think they could be enlarging their stadium soon.

blukeys
November 7th, 2005, 07:35 PM
to reiterate my earlier post. You are more likely to find this at a Delaware game.

Delaware grannies (http://www.delawareonline.com/app/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051103/CROSSROADS/511030311/1002/SPORTS)

McNeese75
November 7th, 2005, 08:25 PM

I have never had a problem in your stadium. The students that were on the visitor side last year were cheering for the Kats and doing some heckling of the McNeese fans but nothing that I would consider out of bounds.

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I have never had a problem in your stadium. The students that were on the visitor side last year were cheering for the Kats and doing some heckling of the McNeese fans but nothing that I would consider out of bounds.

I've never heard anything or too much negative about Sam fans from other schools. We talk some trash on boards (namely the Bobcats board) and our SGA passed that stupid 'Declaration of War', but I really have never heard Sam fans do much at any sporting venue as it relates to offensive and downright stupid.

Cat79
November 7th, 2005, 08:30 PM
McNeese75

I can't say that about Sam games. We had a bad experience last year with students using fbombs and throwing food at us. We did not even confront them. We were simply yelling for Texas State. Sam has some bad fans too.

ngineer
November 7th, 2005, 08:40 PM
In the PL the seats behind the visitor's bench are reserved for the visitors. One exception is Fordham, where there are NO seats on that side of the stadium. I actually think this helps the visitors with all the noise behind the home team bench. Rams have the visitors at one end of the grandstand. Two years ago, Lehigh had 40% of the grandstand. HOping for a similar turnout this year.
Only other exception is at Lafayette for the Lehigh game. Seniors get to sit behind the team, everyone else 'flanks' the poor Lafayette fans who sit between the 30's.
I know Liberty sat its students behind Lehigh's bench last year. A lot of noise, but no problems that I am aware of. I think for safety there should be some regulation by the leagues if not the NCAA. When I was in grad school at University of Detroit in mid-70's, when Dick Vitale was the basketball coach, the students who sat in the "Detroit Zoo" were right behind the visitors bench. I remember Al McGuire going into the stands one night after a student.

McNeese75
November 7th, 2005, 09:06 PM
McNeese75

I can't say that about Sam games. We had a bad experience last year with students using fbombs and throwing food at us. We did not even confront them. We were simply yelling for Texas State. Sam has some bad fans too.

Cat, I will be the first to acknowledge that WE ALL have some bad fans.

Cat79
November 7th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I agree that visiting fans should be placed around the visiting team. Nicholls State had students calling us Mexicans and other racial slurrs, fbombs and the police were participating with them by laughing and doing nothing.

There is not a single team in this conference that is lily white on this issue

charliej
November 7th, 2005, 11:17 PM
No way Delaware's students have an 8,000 to 10,000 attendance. At best I would say 2,000. Delware's fans are local people, alumni and basically people who grew up with Delaware football. The contingent that sits in the East Stands can get on visitors quite well as they have been doing it for 20 + years. The East Stands are definitely the blue collar let's get on the visitors crowd and I think they take their cue from Philly Eagle fans. Last Year one fan got the Lafayetter coach Frank Tavani riled up enough that Tavani was willing to take him on in a fight. :cool: This was right before half time.

I have seen individual players making the mistake of trying to taunt a team. Most teams have coaches that shut this down pretty quick.

Putter's obervations are interesting because I have seen only one team not try and set a player down and that was Portland State in a 2000 playoff game. PSU had a wideout who continually taunted the crouwd which was amazing because they were getting killed. The player was never pulled and no coach sat him down and talked to him.

I can attest to that. Sec.J & K can be pretty wild. A thin skinned person will certainly be offended but it's actually pretty funny to watch some of these guys.

SoCon48
November 8th, 2005, 05:49 AM
IMOP, the ultimate humiliation, would be to be forced to sit behind the visiting team. Much rather be relegated to the end zone bleachers.

McTailGator
November 8th, 2005, 10:17 AM

I totally agree on that Cat...

I had a discussion with our President about this yesterday, and he has agreed to deploy additional security to our problem area from now on.

We know where (and who) our problems are already, they are a reoccuring problem, and as a result will recieve their very own security detail from now on. They will either behave, or be removed... I'm tired about hearing about those guys who are BTW, so called adults and not students and never have been.

BTW Cat, You got away from me Saturday before I had a chance to say thanks for the hospitality that you and the other BobCats.com fans showed us. The Steaks and fajita's were fantastic. Sorry I couldn't get there earlier but I had car problems and had to wait on a Rental to show up.

Again Thanks, and Believe me when I say, McNeese fans know the difference between good hearted adult fans like yourself and those damn kids in the student section.

My son will be among the TxSU Student body next year, and after living with my X-Wife in Conroe for so long, he should fit in with some of those juveniles just fine. I haven't been around him enough to whip his litte ass enough to set him straight.

He'll have to learn to be a man the hard way now.

Good luck the rest of the year!

bobcatfan06
November 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I agree that visiting fans should be placed around the visiting team. Nicholls State had students calling us Mexicans and other racial slurrs, fbombs and the police were participating with them by laughing and doing nothing.

Exactly. That is why it is stupid for McTailGator to b!tch and complain to everybody he can get an email address for. He knows damn sure well that McNeese has some "bad apples" he just won't admit it.

Oh and he keeps saying Boko "groped" a McNeese cheerleader, yet he never gives a description of the event. I think he is just a whiny baby loser. :bang:

bobcatfan06
November 8th, 2005, 12:26 PM
My son will be among the TxSU Student body next year, and after living with my X-Wife in Conroe for so long, he should fit in with some of those juveniles just fine. I haven't been around him enough to whip his litte ass enough to set him straight.

He'll have to learn to be a man the hard way now.

Good luck the rest of the year!

Good, he can actually go to a real school and get a real degree. :D

McTailGator
November 8th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Exactly. That is why it is stupid for McTailGator to b!tch and complain to everybody he can get an email address for. He knows damn sure well that McNeese has some "bad apples" he just won't admit it.

Oh and he keeps saying Boko "groped" a McNeese cheerleader, yet he never gives a description of the event. I think he is just a whiny baby loser. :bang:

Description? What do you want? The juciy details? Is that not self explainatory enough for you?

McNeese Bad apples (all 6 of them) have been identified and the situation has been rectified... It was done by McNeese fans that have had enough of their disrespect for our visiting guests. You need to take a tip from some other TxSU fans that know what being a gratious host is all about, but its plain to see that you are just too young and part of the problem and not the solution. You have a lot of your own fans that are embarrased enough by you and your buddies that have also placed calls and send e-mails to your administration to make the changes that need to be made to calm your little young @$$ down and learn how to be a footbal fan that supports your team and not embarrasses them.

And BTW, It's your students (which I bet you are) that have shown their immaturity and need to be put in the Corner. Obviously, your maturity level is about the same as the juveniles that are the problem in your stadium.

And my recomendation, and the recomendation of McNeese's president is that the SLC return to their old requirement that requires that the home teams players be placed in front of the students at ALL SLC venues. Including that of McNeese, which won't be much of a problem because that is the way it already is in Cowboy Stadium.

Consider this move by the SLC an @$$ spanking :asswhip: to your students that attend TxSU sporting events.

Lord knows they need it.

And regarding where my son gets his degree... He had to settle on TxSU after not being excepted into UT... Why didn't he get in to UT? He was stupid and Juvenile and did not study enough to get into UT. Much like many in your student body.

bobcatfan06
November 8th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Description? What do you want? The juciy details? Is that not self explainatory enough for you?

McNeese Bad apples (all 6 of them) have been identified and the situation has been rectified... It was done by McNeese fans that have had enough of their disrespect for our visiting guests. You need to take a tip from some other TxSU fans that know what being a gratious host is all about, but its plain to see that you are just too young and part of the problem and not the solution. You have a lot of your own fans that are embarrased enough by you and your buddies that have also placed calls and send e-mails to your administration to make the changes that need to be made to calm your little young @$$ down and learn how to be a footbal fan that supports your team and not embarrasses them.

And BTW, It's your students (which I bet you are) that have shown their immaturity and need to be put in the Corner. Obviously, your maturity level is about the same as the juveniles that are the problem in your stadium.

And my recomendation, and the recomendation of McNeese's president is that the SLC return to their old requirement that requires that the home teams players be placed in front of the students at ALL SLC venues. Including that of McNeese, which won't be much of a problem because that is the way it already is in Cowboy Stadium.

Consider this move by the SLC an @$$ spanking :asswhip: to your students that attend TxSU sporting events.

Lord knows they need it.

And regarding where my son gets his degree... He had to settle on TxSU after not being excepted into UT... Why didn't he get in to UT? He was stupid and Juvenile and did not study enough to get into UT. Much like many in your student body.

blah, blah, blh. Stop being a bunch of babies and get a thicker skin.

As for the UT-Texas State comment, on that hand, I don't want your son here. We don't need anymore UT rejects, we have enough. As if ya'll don't have all the LSU and probably ULM, ULL rejects.

McTailGator
November 8th, 2005, 01:44 PM
blah, blah, blh. Stop being a bunch of babies and get a thicker skin.

As for the UT-Texas State comment, on that hand, I don't want your son here. We don't need anymore UT rejects, we have enough. As if ya'll don't have all the LSU and probably ULM, ULL rejects.

Well too bad, he's going...

And while we do have our share of LSU rejects, ULM and ULL ARE rejects, and no one leaves Lake Charles to go to those places. In fact, when they can't cut it in those places, they just go get a job at Wal-Mart.

fuEMO
November 8th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Kind of like members of the Furman staff coming over the Visitors stands last year and flicking the GSU crowd off? Not sure if it was trainers or coaches, either way....

How about we agree to this....you think our fans suck and we think your fans suck. Cool?

It was not members of the coaching staff that came over last year, players, students and players parents were over there when the tauting began, both sides were guilty. But your fans were the ones that started throwing things.

But nothing like the story posted by a pissed off GSU alum who had to shelter an elderly couple that were Furman fans that parked near the apartments and were verbally taunted and abused by your wonderful students.

You have a class athletic department and many classy fans. But a good bit of your students that attend the games are bushleague. I will make the same deal Bootie did on the-uffp. Lets meet next year and I will wear GSU gear and lets walk through the Furman tailgating area and see what happens. I'll bet you dinner that no one will uttter a word close to the many F words we all heard on saturday.

NSUDemon98
November 8th, 2005, 02:28 PM
First thing you need to do is quit thinking "Home Side/Visitors Side" It's all yours. All the visitors need in the SLC is a single section (maybe McNeese fans would require a little more due to the way our fans travel).

Look at McNeese, Our team and our student section is on the east side (opposite of press box) of the stadium. Our student section runs from the EndZone to the 40 Yard line in the first 17 rows and the entire sections from the 30 to the endzone in the next 28 rows up.

Our visiting guests are seated behind the visiting teams bench on the press box side in section P on about the 25 yard line or so. Visiting Cheerleaders are placed on the sidelines right below the fans and the visiting band in section Q on the 15 yard line next to the visiting fans.

It all enhances the gameday atmosphere for all fans both home and visiting.

Sam and TxU, as well as Northwestern will simply have to have their teams switch sides of the field. I think SFA and NSU already do this.

SELA has one other issue in the fact that their stadium is so small, but I think they could be enlarging their stadium soon.

At NSU it was that way for years. The home team bench was right in front of the student section and wasn't changed until recently. I am not sure why but the big reason is b/c at 80% of our games the home team would be in the direct sunlight and the opposing team would be in the shade.

From what I read will be going on at the SLC meeting we may have to change it back to how it use to be.

Also, I am starting to wonder if another reason why we put the opposing team bench in front of our student section is to give the other schools a dose of their own medicine.

McNeese75
November 8th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Good, he can actually go to a real school and get a real degree. :D

This coming from someone who obviously does not have a real degree himself from the UT wannabe.

This is not bobcatsfans.com 06 and you will get in over your head in a hurry around here. :nod:

gophoenix
November 8th, 2005, 02:41 PM
I don't care if students are near the opposing team or beind them.... I do think there should be a buffer zone between the student section and opposing fans.

I've been down to GSU twice. Both times I can away soaked in Coke from fans throwing things at Elon fans and parents. And I;ve never walked out of a game, after having our tails whipped, and had so many fans talk absolute garbage.

SoCon48
November 8th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I don't care if students are near the opposing team or beind them.... I do think there should be a buffer zone between the student section and opposing fans.

I've been down to GSU twice. Both times I can away soaked in Coke from fans throwing things at Elon fans and parents. And I;ve never walked out of a game, after having our tails whipped, and had so many fans talk absolute garbage.

A buffer zone is a great idea.

On the other hand, you don't think you're a ligtning rod do ya? ;) Could it have been the GSU sux sign pinned on your back?

NSUDemon98
November 8th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Well too bad, he's going...

And while we do have our share of LSU rejects, ULM and ULL ARE rejects, and no one leaves Lake Charles to go to those places. In fact, when they can't cut it in those places, they just go get a job at Wal-Mart.

I am just curious b/c I am pretty sure I know the answer...

What made your son choose TxSt?

I seriously doubt it is the "world renowned" academics they are always talking about...Or the tier this or tier that bullsh-t they like to talk up as well.

Here is something they don't understand...if you aren't UT, TAMU, TT, SMU, UofH, Baylor then noone in Texas gives a sh-t about your academics much less people all over the country. :D

So keep talking "tier three" crap if it helps you sleep better at night... :cool:

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I seriously doubt it is the "world renowned" academics they are always talking about...Or the tier this or tier that bullsh-t they like to talk up as well.

Here is something they don't understand...if you aren't UT, TAMU, TT, SMU, UofH, Baylor then noone in Texas gives a sh-t about your academics much less people all over the country. :D

So keep talking "tier three" crap if it helps you sleep better at night... :cool:

Reality meet the Texas State University - San Marcos... ;)

EagleCrusade
November 8th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I
You have a class athletic department and many classy fans. But a good bit of your students that attend the games are bushleague. I will make the same deal Bootie did on the-uffp. Lets meet next year and I will wear GSU gear and lets walk through the Furman tailgating area and see what happens. I'll bet you dinner that no one will uttter a word close to the many F words we all heard on saturday.

What kind of dinner? Oh and we have to walk around where the FU students are. All 12 who show up to the game.

Does "F_ck you, South-ern" count as cursing? Or is that a standard Paladin greeting?

McTailGator
November 8th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I am just curious b/c I am pretty sure I know the answer...

What made your son choose TxSt?

Your right, it's not the academics, it's about a Girlfriend that is going to UT and that was as close as he could get...

Damn females.

But he lives in Conroe, with his Mother, who has taught him the fine art of being a little *****. So he will fit in well with the TxSU students.

Ofcourse, he will be like the VAST majority of them and will be attending UT games in lieu of Bobcat games.

McNeese75
November 8th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Your right, it's not the academics, it's about a Girlfriend that is going to UT and that was as close as he could get...

Damn females.

But he lives in Conroe, with his Mother, who has taught him the fine art of being a little *****. So he will fit in well with the TxSU students.

Ofcourse, he will be like the VAST majority of them and will be attending UT games in lieu of Bobcat games.

:eek: , Where or where is Catmando, Millikin and cast of usual suspects to represent here???? :D

bobcatfan06
November 8th, 2005, 10:17 PM

Damn females.

It's funny how much you forget about your youth when you grow up.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 8th, 2005, 11:02 PM

I like how this thread has turned into HALF on topic and HALF "let's bash Texas State..."

And if you're going by the stereotype, then yes, our student body is a bunch of UT wannabees. But that really shows that you have no idea what's going on here. (For the record, I got into every institution that I applied, including Princeton...) Your SON is a UT wannabe that ended up here--we're weeding that perception out, but I can guarantee that he'll grow to love this place.

According to your logic...

SHS--full of Texas A&M wannabees
SFA--full of...(?)
McNeese, SELA, NWST and Nicholls--full of LSU wannabees

If no one wants to be at these schools, then what are we really arguing about?

All joking aside, I apologize for the alleged actions of some students at Saturday's football game but, as someone already pointed out, no school has 100% great fans. A few years ago when I came to McNeese, I witnessed some things that I thought were unbelievable coming from such "classy McNeese fans." And I wasn't the only TxSt. fan to experience this--there were many. However, there were no letters to the commissioner or the president of the school--we decided to just shrug it off as a bunch of bad apples in a group of great fans. Now, I'm not making light of the more serious accusations that were made on Saturday. I'm just asking you to, well...take that how you want.

Also, I believe there is no real solution to the real problem at hand (rowdy students). Yes, you could send the home football team to the other side, but what does that solve? Students are going to find a way to heckle regardless--that's what home field advantage is all about (The 12th Man). As I think more about it, this seems more like a I-AA issue. You don't hear A&M fans complaining about the notoriously horrible Tech fans' treatment of their players do you? The NCAA is NEVER going to clean this up, sad to say. There is no possible way for us all to have a kum-ba-ya game of football.

IMO, it's a societal issue that can't be corrected through the NCAA (or the SLC).

PapaBear
November 9th, 2005, 06:03 AM
JMU's Bridgeforth Stadium is currently setup so that our student section is behind the visitor's bench. Coach Matthews says that opposing coaches have told him that they do not like their bench being in front of our students at JMU home games.

JMU students made asses of themselves vs Maine

Granted, the Black Bears didn't exactly distinguish themselves on the field that day. But some of your students actually came down to the rails, leaned over, and screamed epithets at our offensive bench on the sidelines while they were getting instruction. Our QB was hearing his name associated with various physically impossible sex acts while he was on the phone to the booth.

I was, however, impressed with the way Whitcomb and company totally ignored them. Not sure I'd have shown the same restraint.

Sam Adams
November 9th, 2005, 07:11 AM
That sounds like typical JMU fan behavior for some JMU fans based upon my experience: Screaming grade school level racial and sexual epithets at opposing players and fans. Yup that is certainly the way some JMU fans choose to handle themselves. There are plenty of good classy JMU fans too and I think they get as fed up with the stupidity of their own fans as the rest of us do.

SoCon48
November 9th, 2005, 09:22 AM
JMU students made asses of themselves vs Maine

I was, however, impressed with the way Whitcomb and company totally ignored them. Not sure I'd have shown the same restraint.

Then you would have reacted exactly the way the hecklers wanted you to.

McNeese75
November 9th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I like how this thread has turned into HALF on topic and HALF "let's bash Texas State..."

And if you're going by the stereotype, then yes, our student body is a bunch of UT wannabees. But that really shows that you have no idea what's going on here. (For the record, I got into every institution that I applied, including Princeton...) Your SON is a UT wannabe that ended up here--we're weeding that perception out, but I can guarantee that he'll grow to love this place.

According to your logic...

SHS--full of Texas A&M wannabees
SFA--full of...(?)
McNeese, SELA, NWST and Nicholls--full of LSU wannabees

If no one wants to be at these schools, then what are we really arguing about?

All joking aside, I apologize for the alleged actions of some students at Saturday's football game but, as someone already pointed out, no school has 100% great fans. A few years ago when I came to McNeese, I witnessed some things that I thought were unbelievable coming from such "classy McNeese fans." And I wasn't the only TxSt. fan to experience this--there were many. However, there were no letters to the commissioner or the president of the school--we decided to just shrug it off as a bunch of bad apples in a group of great fans. Now, I'm not making light of the more serious accusations that were made on Saturday. I'm just asking you to, well...take that how you want.

Also, I believe there is no real solution to the real problem at hand (rowdy students). Yes, you could send the home football team to the other side, but what does that solve? Students are going to find a way to heckle regardless--that's what home field advantage is all about (The 12th Man). As I think more about it, this seems more like a I-AA issue. You don't hear A&M fans complaining about the notoriously horrible Tech fans' treatment of their players do you? The NCAA is NEVER going to clean this up, sad to say. There is no possible way for us all to have a kum-ba-ya game of football.

IMO, it's a societal issue that can't be corrected through the NCAA (or the SLC).

The topic has been beat to death here and on the Bobcatfans.com forum. Heckling in a good natured manner is part of the game but what went on last Saturday in San Marco and what you experienced in the past in our stadium need to stop. To put it off as a social issue and a problem with youth that cannot be dealt with by the conference or a University is a cop out and I refuse to buy it. The "12th Man" scenario you are referring to applies to fans supporting their teams by cheering and even heckling the visiting team, not harrassing visiting fans. If you are on a football team and in someone else's statidum you are going to catch grief from students and fans and that is part of it in all divisions.

Segregating visiting fans from students is the first step IMO. You CANNOT be heckled by students at Cowboy Stadium. They are all on the east side behind the home team and surrounded by MSU fans. Putting visitors behind their team is a novel idea although it will not happen in a lot of stadiums due to the placement of visitors (inside the 20 yd lines, or in an upper deck) or in the case of our staidum, box seats. There is obviously still room for confrontation between fans but additional security and hopefully some adult reasoning will draw a rational line in that situation.

You can rest assured after this past weekend, there will be more control of out of control fans in our stadium in the future. Hopefully the same will be true at Bobcat stadium before there is a real problem.

McTailGator
November 10th, 2005, 10:25 AM
It's funny how much you forget about your youth when you grow up.

We were all stupid in our Youth, some dumber than others.

AS YOU WILL LEARN

GSUhooligan
November 10th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I can attest to that. Sec.J & K can be pretty wild. A thin skinned person will certainly be offended but it's actually pretty funny to watch some of these guys.

A.K.A. Furman Fan.

We're not @ church, we're at a colege football game between rivals. Do I condone it? No! Will a small % of Furman/App. St. etc. jerks stop me from going to their house? HELL NO! I don't care if I get coke spilled on me, profanities screamed at me or whatever, I expect it to happen, so when it does, it doesn't bother me. Write it off as part of the experience and move on.

McNeese72
November 10th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Unfourtunately, that proximity to the opposing team, and the fact that the visitors section is also in the same area contributes to the legacy of the classlessness of GSU fans in general.

What I experienced on the sideline at GSU was nothing to what I experienced on the sideline at Texas St. In my experiences on the sideline of many stadiums, the Texas St. students were the lowest of the lows when it came to class.

No visiting cheerleading squad should have to suffer the treatment ours got from Texas St. students.

McNeese72
November 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Very true. We have a few adults (Tailgater once questioned whether you can call them that) that sit up near and behind the visitors' sections that have made asses out of themselves. The Geauxcowboys people (Greg and Chris mainly) have been talking to the administration for a year or two about doing something about them. After the Texas St game, it looks like we are making some progress. We hope to have security people up there around the troublemakers and around the visiting fans. Any poor behavior and they get the old heave-ho.

We pride ourselves at McNeese at trying to be good hosts. We try to treat visiting fans as guests. We will feed and provide drinks before the game in our tailgating area, try to try to beat the crap out of your team on the field during the game, and then provide more food and drinks after the game, no matter the result (the Maine fans can verify that). The last thing most of us want is a bunch of drunk idiots or drunk students giving us a bad name.

The Bobcatfans.com tailgate people are a class act and really treated us right. The students were another story.

McNeese72
November 10th, 2005, 02:10 PM

I was standing only 20 feet away and saw it happen. It definitely was an over the line unwanted sexual advance to a female cheerleader. He grabbed her, acted like he was kissing her, and then rubbed his body against her. The mascot was lucky he didn't get punched by the McNeese male cheerleader that stepped between them. I felt like cold-cocking him myself. And I hear the McNeese Athletic Department got a call from Texas St. apologizing for the incident.

You can bury your head in the sand, but it did happen. I was right there and saw it.

soccerguy315
November 10th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Turning their backs as the Furman band performed and giving them the finger. Classy.

I'll give you the rest of the stuff without any argument, but come on. Your band is most likely playing your fight song on SOMEONE ELSE'S FIELD. The band is there to pump up your players and fans, and for this reason, I think that visiting bands should NOT be allowed to be on the field.

The JMU band came to W&M this year, and they got booed by the student section. Pretty loudly too. And they got backs turned towards them.

The student section is a big part of home field advantage. Why should they be happy when the visiting school tries to bring part of their home field advantage on the road into someone else's house?

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 10th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I was standing only 20 feet away and saw it happen. It definitely was an over the line unwanted sexual advance to a female cheerleader. He grabbed her, acted like he was kissing her, and then rubbed his body against her. The mascot was lucky he didn't get punched by the McNeese male cheerleader that stepped between them. I felt like cold-cocking him myself. And I hear the McNeese Athletic Department got a call from Texas St. apologizing for the incident.

You can bury your head in the sand, but it did happen. I was right there and saw it.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

ok...it apparently happened, you got a call from our AD...what else are you trying to prove?

You're labeling our whole student body because of a few drunk students? Hmmmm...according to your logic, NO school has good fans/students...

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 10th, 2005, 09:19 PM

ok...it apparently happened, you got a call from our AD...what else are you trying to prove?

You're labeling our whole student body because of a few drunk students? Ok...makes sense. But according to your logic, NO school has good fans/students...

McNeese72
November 10th, 2005, 10:00 PM

You're labeling our whole student body because of a few drunk students? Ok...makes sense. But according to your logic, NO school has good fans/students...

I was more than just a few. And it was among the worst that I've seen in all the years of attending McNeese games. And I graduated in 1972, so that's a lot of games.

And the horse isn't dead yet, until something is done about the problems.

Eaglegus2
November 10th, 2005, 10:13 PM
It was not members of the coaching staff that came over last year, players, students and players parents were over there when the tauting began, both sides were guilty. But your fans were the ones that started throwing things.

But nothing like the story posted by a pissed off GSU alum who had to shelter an elderly couple that were Furman fans that parked near the apartments and were verbally taunted and abused by your wonderful students.

No need for any Furman fan to dress up and go through your tailgate area. I have worn my GSU attire through your tailgate area searching for Stumpy, Flagman and the gentleman that is President of the Paladin Club or the organization likewise. I was treated extremely well by all. I got a lot of ribbing but nothing blatant. Inside the stadium was a different matter. We were treated like opposing fans. There were obnoxious students and adults that had tasteless vocabularies.

To answer another post..............the UMass fans that came to Georgia Southern brought an attitude that reflected a better than thou presence. A few Umass fans started the ruckus with the students, then couldn't tolerate the behavior from the GSU fans. They went whinning and bit$%@g to authorities cioncerning the students behavior.

I say this to you, if you cannot take it. Don't come dishing it out. You started the ruckus but whinned when you got your asses handed to you.

TXST_CAT
November 10th, 2005, 11:35 PM
This is such a whiney thread that should be locked just by the fact that its intent was for nothing more than to smear one school for something that is being blown way out of proportion. If some one wants to talk bad sportsmanship talk about the Jacks and KATS who decided they need to fight last year. That is classless. Our students may be rowdy but they haven’t spit in visitors cups as has happened in the past. Thrown drinks at players and coaches as has happened in the past. Brought Tortillas to games to throw out on the field as a racial gesture, again has happened. This is nothing more than whining and TT’s attempt to bash our university when each has more than just a few bad apples. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to return to reality. As for Buffers we have a track and if your team can't take some heckling from fans then they have more problems than poorly performing in games. Next you’re going to ask that students not be allowed into the games. Get real and quit whining. If this is what we can expect from McNeese’s fans because their season is going down the tubes than I am going to loose respect for a respectable University. Being sore losers and attacking the fans is just sad. You guys played right into TT’s trap. He set the bait and you guys ate it up. As for sexually harassing a cheerleader what's to say that the person in all that padding wasn't a female. You still want to “cold cock” her for playing around in a 4" thick suit. What a joke! :cool:

McNeese72
November 11th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Our students may be rowdy but they haven’t spit in visitors cups as has happened in the past.

No, they just spit all over visiting cheerleaders bags and equipment.

As for sexually harassing a cheerleader what's to say that the person in all that padding wasn't a female. You still want to “cold cock” her for playing around in a 4" thick suit. What a joke!

You guys better check that out. Because I was told by a good source in the athletic department that when Texas St. made the call to apologize, it was verified that the person in the costume was male.

We've got some legitimate complaints. You just don't want to admit you guys have some problems. All you want to do is say that everybody else does it and that the McNeese fans are just whining.

Doc

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 11th, 2005, 08:51 AM
No, they just spit all over visiting cheerleaders bags and equipment.

You guys better check that out. Because I was told by a good source in the athletic department that when Texas St. made the call to apologize, it was verified that the person in the costume was male.

We've got some legitimate complaints. You just don't want to admit you guys have some problems. All you want to do is say that everybody else does it and that the McNeese fans are just whining.

Doc

Doc,

It was verified here that the person in costume was indeed male. Our regular mascot, however, is a female, which probably caused many Bobcat fans to automatically assume that it is the regular girl. Regardless (as I have stated before), that type of behavior is inappropriate. BUT, as i understand it, you have gotten your apology and apparently got some attention in the SLC office. What more do you want from us? It does come across that you are doing nothing but whining now...

As for Texas State fans not realizing that there is a problem with what went on, I disagree. Rather, many of us realize that what happened Saturday leaves a significant black mark on Texas State. It seems to me that it is McNeese fans who are acting like they are above that type of behavior, which I must STRONGLY disagree (because I have experienced the behavior of SOME McNeese fans, and they're classlessness put our student section to shame!). In other words, you are coming across as saying "oh lord, Texas State is horrible. We would NEVER do anything like that at McNeese." Yeah...

And why keep bringing the issue up if you already have the SLC acting on it and you have received your apology? I thought you McNeese fans were better than that--"the class of the SLC." You guys aren't out of the playoff race so, talk about football rather than whining about something that's already being taken care of.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

McNeese75
November 11th, 2005, 09:50 AM
This is such a whiney thread that should be locked just by the fact that its intent was for nothing more than to smear one school for something that is being blown way out of proportion. If some one wants to talk bad sportsmanship talk about the Jacks and KATS who decided they need to fight last year. That is classless. Our students may be rowdy but they haven’t spit in visitors cups as has happened in the past. Thrown drinks at players and coaches as has happened in the past. Brought Tortillas to games to throw out on the field as a racial gesture, again has happened. This is nothing more than whining and TT’s attempt to bash our university when each has more than just a few bad apples. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to return to reality. As for Buffers we have a track and if your team can't take some heckling from fans then they have more problems than poorly performing in games. Next you’re going to ask that students not be allowed into the games. Get real and quit whining. If this is what we can expect from McNeese’s fans because their season is going down the tubes than I am going to loose respect for a respectable University. Being sore losers and attacking the fans is just sad. You guys played right into TT’s trap. He set the bait and you guys ate it up. As for sexually harassing a cheerleader what's to say that the person in all that padding wasn't a female. You still want to “cold cock” her for playing around in a 4" thick suit. What a joke! :cool:

This is a definitly a dead horse but I am going to swat it again.

The buffer that was discussed is not for the team it is for visiting fans!! Teams get heckled on the road and that is part of the game but the damn setup you have at your stadium sucks.

The BS about being Poke fans being sore losers is exactly that BS, I think it is more an issue of your students (notice I am pointing to the student body, not the westside crowd) being poor winners (maybe because that is something new to them but still no excuse). Nobody from McNeese has ever indicated there was anything other than a complete dominating performance by the Bobcats last week and they were the better team.

F^%K this, I personally hope your administration addresses the issue but somehow I doubt the will. If they don't fine, continue as it is and let the chips fall as they may. We will see you in 2007!

The only good thing that is going to come out of this is it will result in some changes in our stadium security to prevent anything even close to this happening here.

TXST_CAT
November 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM
This is a definitly a dead horse but I am going to swat it again.

The buffer that was discussed is not for the team it is for visiting fans!! Teams get heckled on the road and that is part of the game but the damn setup you have at your stadium sucks.

The BS about being Poke fans being sore losers is exactly that BS, I think it is more an issue of your students (notice I am pointing to the student body, not the westside crowd) being poor winners (maybe because that is something new to them but still no excuse). Nobody from McNeese has ever indicated there was anything other than a complete dominating performance by the Bobcats last week and they were the better team.

F^%K this, I personally hope your administration addresses the issue but somehow I doubt the will. If they don't fine, continue as it is and let the chips fall as they may. We will see you in 2007!

The only good thing that is going to come out of this is it will result in some changes in our stadium security to prevent anything even close to this happening here.

Wow Mascot Alert Mascot Alert. Seriously you know how many times I've seen mascots get in the face of opposing teams and joke around with the cheerleaders at professional basketball games (spurs). I've seen our mascot do it multiple times in the past where he goes to the cheerleaders and try to steal a kiss. Or walks up to them and starts to dance with them. It is merely comical and the cheerleaders knowing, it is a mascot, go along. It's just too bad that this cheerleader and her boy friend were stuck up. Or possibly your cheerleaders were upset they showed up to a one sided game and were too pissed off to enjoy the game with the mascot, how sad and petty. I think they should tell BOKO to check the score next time he tries this skit. Honestly how does a padded hand grope a cheerleader? Last I remember those padded hands can barely pick anything up if at all. It was blown up and inflamed and now you want our mascot on the sex offender watch list. Please that is so childish. :eyebrow:

McNeese75
November 11th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Wow Mascot Alert Mascot Alert. Seriously you know how many times I've seen mascots get in the face of opposing teams and joke around with the cheerleaders at professional basketball games (spurs). I've seen our mascot do it multiple times in the past where he goes to the cheerleaders and try to steal a kiss. Or walks up to them and starts to dance with them. It is merely comical and the cheerleaders knowing, it is a mascot, go along. It's just too bad that this cheerleader and her boy friend were stuck up. Or possibly your cheerleaders were upset they showed up to a one sided game and were too pissed off to enjoy the game with the mascot, how sad and petty. I think they should tell BOKO to check the score next time he tries this skit. Honestly how does a padded hand grope a cheerleader? Last I remember those padded hands can barely pick anything up if at all. It was blown up and inflamed and now you want our mascot on the sex offender watch list. Please that is so childish. :eyebrow:

:rolleyes: :confused: I think you responded to the wrong post, I don't see one word or reference to my post regarding the mascot. :cool:

McNeese72
November 11th, 2005, 10:26 AM
As for Texas State fans not realizing that there is a problem with what went on, I disagree. Rather, many of us realize that what happened Saturday leaves a significant black mark on Texas State. It seems to me that it is McNeese fans who are acting like they are above that type of behavior, which I must STRONGLY disagree (because I have experienced the behavior of SOME McNeese fans, and they're classlessness put our student section to shame!). In other words, you are coming across as saying "oh lord, Texas State is horrible. We would NEVER do anything like that at McNeese." Yeah...

We know we have a problem with some of the "adult" fans that sit above the visiting fans and we have been trying to get our administration to do something about it for the last couple of years. The Texas St. incidents have resulted in our administration listening to us and they are going to increase security up by those "asshole" fans and around the visiting fans. Any misbehavior and they get the old heave ho.

And why keep bringing the issue up if you already have the SLC acting on it and you have received your apology?

Because they are some Texas St. fans, mostly students, that won't even admit that there is a problem. (See the post two posts above this one as an example) They act like nothing wrong even happened and we lying about it. And I was down on the field and saw and heard what happened. The denial just tends to piss me off.

But I'll leave it alone now.

AppStateMan
November 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I know at Western Carolina the student section is right beind the visiting team bench. There is maybe 5 yards from the students and the visiting team. The student section at Western is awful. When Western and Appalachian play the students constantly make remarks at our players. Some Western students threw dinks at our players and were trying to start fights.

sceagle
November 11th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Throwing stuff is wrong but yelling at the other team is part of the home field advantage. What are they supposed to do, welcome them to beautiful Cullowhee and offer them a snack?

GaSouthern
November 11th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Throwing stuff is wrong but yelling at the other team is part of the home field advantage. What are they supposed to do, welcome them to beautiful Cullowhee and offer them a snack?

Crap you beat me to it. :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2005, 06:45 PM

Georgia Southern has 17,000 students, and FU just a few thousand, and probably a smaller percentage of FU students even care about football. So yes, I'd make the same wager, what's your point?

AppStateMan
November 11th, 2005, 08:37 PM
beautiful Cullowhee???? HAHA Cullowhee, have you seen cullowhee??