19) Southern Illinois
20) Maine
21) Harvard
22) Samford
23) Georgia Southern
24) UC Davis
25) Lafayette

Top 10 just missed cut:
South Dakota State, Northeastern, Jacksonville State, Sam Houston State, Eastern Washington,
Liberty, Missouri State, North Dakota State, Delaware, Sacramento State

Plenty of surprises in this edition:
*Samford higher than Georgia Southern
*Sacramento State hasn't sniffed Top 35 and now are in?
*Did I miss something on Maine this year?

Seven Would Be Nice
October 19th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Very surprise to see GSU and Samford in there, even though we are the best 4 loss team in the country. I'm very shocked that app dropped that far from winning a rivalry conference game on the road.

danefan
October 19th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Very surprise to see GSU and Samford in there, even though we are the best 4 loss team in the country. I'm very shocked that app dropped that far from winning a rivalry conference game on the road.

Intangibles that the computer rankings cannot consider. Hence....why they suck.:D

wkuhillhound
October 19th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Western Kentucky in the Sagarin poll was sandwiched between Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois. Interesting. If WKU was still in the MVFC along with South and North Dakota States, where would the Hilltoppers position be???? Only a rhetorical question people.

smallcollegefbfan
October 19th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Sagarin Ratings Week 8
1) James Madison
2) Villanova
3) Richmond
4) Montana
5) Weber State
6) Appalachian State
7) William & Mary
8) Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
9) Elon
10) New Hampshire
11) Wofford
12) Northern Arizona
13) Massachusetts
14) Western Illinois
15) Central Arkansas
16) McNeese State
17) Furman
18) Northern Iowa
19) Southern Illinois
20) Maine
21) Harvard
22) Samford
23) Georgia Southern
24) UC Davis
25) Lafayette

Top 10 just missed cut:
South Dakota State, Northeastern, Jacksonville State, Sam Houston State, Eastern Washington,

I like the top 2. Villanova should be #2 or at least #3 in the nation right now. The winner of the game between them and JMU will win the national title IMO.

gbhmt
October 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sagarin Ratings Week 8
1) James Madison
2) Villanova
3) Richmond
4) Montana
5) Weber State
6) Appalachian State
7) William & Mary
8) Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
9) Elon
10) New Hampshire
11) Wofford
12) Northern Arizona
13) Massachusetts
14) Western Illinois
15) Central Arkansas
16) McNeese State
17) Furman
18) Northern Iowa
19) Southern Illinois
20) Maine
21) Harvard
22) Samford
23) Georgia Southern
24) UC Davis
25) Lafayette

Top 10 just missed cut:

I'm stumped about Sac state too. Wasn't exactly a very impressive outing in Missoula this weekend.

crunifan
October 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Western Kentucky in the Sagarin poll was sandwiched between Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois. Interesting. If WKU was still in the MVFC along with South and North Dakota States, where would the Hilltoppers position be???? Only a rhetorical question people.

Below UNI as usual? xlolx

I think you would be up with UNI and SIU, Western Illinois' validity has yet to take place..

wkuhillhound
October 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Below UNI as usual? xlolx

I think you would be up with UNI and SIU, Western Illinois' validity has yet to take place..

National Championships WKU 1 UNI 0 xlolx

I think Top 4 of the conference easily. It is a down year for the MVFC and it is very troublesome. I got a feeling that the streak of non MVFC national championships will tick up another year to 6. xsmhx

appfan2008
October 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
ASU is better than sixth in the nation

Pards Rule
October 19th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Pards in at #25!! GO PARDS!

kirkblitz
October 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Mods can you make a new rule please, if your gonna start a thread about a poll please link to it so people dont have to google it xsmhx

wkuhillhound
October 19th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Mods can you make a new rule please, if your gonna start a thread about a poll please link to it so people dont have to google it xsmhx

Oops my apologies....xoopsx

mainejeff
October 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM

Before the JMU weekend? No.

Tied with JMU going into the 4th Q until our coach pulled a boneheaded move and did an on-sides kick xmadx xmadx xmadx

Put the screws to a bad Delaware team on the road (Maine hardly EVER wins there.....never mind by a team record margin).

Looked like they were going to blow out Hofstra until Hofstra pulled a Maine with a bunch of back-ups. Maine still won in a shootout coming back from a halftime deficit (which they also hardly ever do)

wkuhillhound
October 19th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Before the JMU weekend? No.

Tied with JMU going into the 4th Q until our coach pulled a boneheaded move and did an on-sides kick xmadx xmadx xmadx

Put the screws to a bad Delaware team on the road (Maine hardly EVER wins there.....never mind by a team record margin).

Looked like they were going to blow out Hofstra until Hofstra pulled a Maine with a bunch of back-ups. Maine still won in a shootout coming back from a halftime deficit (which they also hardly ever do)

Glad that you are back on. xnodx

Retro
October 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM
National Championships WKU 1 UNI 0 xlolx

I think Top 4 of the conference easily. It is a down year for the MVFC and it is very troublesome. I got a feeling that the streak of non MVFC national championships will tick up another year to 6. xsmhx

That's the only Championship you'll ever win since you've now move into FBS Bottom Feeder land, so get used to asking when Basketball season starts.. BTW, Why are you still hanging out on the AGS board.? FBS guys laughing at you?xlolx