PDA

View Full Version : GSU/App State highlight video...

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 12:05 PM
BTW...Chris Covington is a badass. xnodx

http://www.bullochheadlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1017&Itemid=40

madisonfan87
October 19th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Man, that was a heartbreaker. GSU played a good game though based on the highlights.

ASUG8
October 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Good vid - thanks! I was in the car for the whole second half getting updates via text from my brother. GSU has a great team.

BeauFoster
October 19th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Great highlight package.

UNIFanSince1983
October 19th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I love Georgia Southern's uniforms. I don't know why, but I just think they are awesome.

And I noticed they got called for intentional grounding at the end, but App St was not called for the facemask on that same play...

Seven Would Be Nice
October 19th, 2008, 12:48 PM

http://www.bullochheadlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1017&Itemid=40

Can't load the video... but is that the play where he did a WWF style tackle with Armanti?

ASUG8
October 19th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Can't load the video... but is that the play where he did a WWF style tackle with Armanti?

yep, that one's in there.

DB_Atlantic10
October 19th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Now sure why GS was throwing the ball that deep down by 3 and down by 1 the 2nd time.....They were in FG range both drives..... Looked like their FG Kicker was pretty accurate on the earlier kicks.... Was anyone at the game that could explain why?

introvertedGSUfan
October 19th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Now sure why GS was throwing the ball that deep down by 3 and down by 1 the 2nd time.....They were in FG range both drives..... Looked like their FG Kicker was pretty accurate on the earlier kicks.... Was anyone at the game that could explain why?

After that intentional ground penalty, we were definitely out of FG range, although we should have at least tried some running plays with a reversal or whatnot. :(

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 01:41 PM

I understand. I'm sure if coach could do it over again, he would do some things different, but I really can't blame him. The first time we were down by 3 but still 2 or so minutes left. If we get the TD, we go up by 4 and App has to score a TD. On the first INT, it looks to me that Henton might have wanted to change mind at the last second and short armed the throw.

Now after the safety...your guess is as good as mine. We shouldn't have been trying to pass, just kill time run the ball 2 or 3 times and kick the FG.

With that said, this was a great game, these last second losses are so frustrating but because of our extensive youth, we're only going to get better. We are taking our lumps this year, but these bumps and lumps only lay the foundation for an outstanding future for GSU. We are going to drive the SoCon crazy for the next 3-4 years and further.

mtnman
October 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
great video,one of the best games i have seen gsu has a very good team and the next few years should but them back where they are used to being in tthe hunt for nc.it was great to see app play a whole game too

gbhmt
October 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
So did GSU's QB run it in and fumble right after crossing the plane twice or was that a repeat in the highlight reel?

GATA
October 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM
So did GSU's QB run it in and fumble right after crossing the plane twice or was that a repeat in the highlight reel?

Nah, that only happened once. Looks like they just made an editing mistake.

gbhmt
October 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Nah, that only happened once. Looks like they just made an editing mistake.

alright thanks. that's a heartbreaker for GSU.

neersnbeers
October 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Can someone get that on youtube for mobile users? That would be nice!

appfan2008
October 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
earlier someone mentioned a facemask on the intentional grounding penalty... that would have been five yards last year but he let go and it was incidental... that is no call and right call this year...

hippy@GSU
October 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM
After being at that game, I have lost my voice. Good game App!!

GaSouthern
October 19th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Heart breaking defeat.

Good thing the refs called a bad game against both teams and not just us this time!

Look forward to beating jerrys kids in boone next season!

DLS
October 19th, 2008, 04:22 PM
conveniently left out the highlights of AE and josh jackson literally running over the gsu linebackers. repeatedly.

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 04:28 PM
conveniently left out the highlights of AE and josh jackson literally running over the gsu linebackers. repeatedly.

As great as AE is, he isn't big enough to run over anyone (Covington throwing him to the ground like a rag doll is enough proof to that), and Johnson was wide open on the sidelines all day long. It seemed he stepped out of bounds every time he caught the ball.

appstate38
October 19th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Great Video- but for the life of me I can't understand how the SoCon refs called the ball on the 1 yard line when Dowda knee was down in the endzone. Unreal missed call there.

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Great Video- but for the life of me I can't understand how the SoCon refs called the ball on the 1 yard line when Dowda knee was down in the endzone. Unreal missed call there.

Don't know about that one. There might be an argument that he landed on the goal line, but it's pretty clear in the highlight video that he dove for the ball and landed on his hands/ball/chest.

appstate38
October 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Don't know about that one. There might be an argument that he landed on the goal line, but it's pretty clear in the highlight video that he dove for the ball and landed on his hands/ball/chest.

I get it but he was at least 1 to 2 yards deep in the endzone.

GATA
October 19th, 2008, 06:07 PM

I'm not even sure who Josh Jackson is...what did he do in the game (not trying to talk smack).

As for Edwards however, he did run over a few people. When he gets up a head of steam he can lay the wood to people. However, he does get thrown around quite alot by the defense as well due to his size. Reminds me of Foster because he plays bigger than he is. He's certainly not soft.

Blue42
October 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Just watched those highlights. Would've loved to have been at that game. What a great college fball game.

T-Dog
October 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'm not even sure who Josh Jackson is...what did he do in the game (not trying to talk smack).

As for Edwards however, he did run over a few people. When he gets up a head of steam he can lay the wood to people. However, he does get thrown around quite alot by the defense as well due to his size. Reminds me of Foster because he plays bigger than he is. He's certainly not soft.

Josh Johnson was the WR who caught the ball right next to the sidelines and stepped out about five or six times. xthumbsupx

T-Dog
October 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Also, the ASU people need to release a highlight package for this game. It would sway a good number of Payton Award voters in my opinion after seeing some of the plays Armanti made. Especially the 4th and long play, the one play where AE was slung around, stayed on his feet and got the 1st down, several of his runs, his TD passes and of course, the Superman TD that was the game-winner.

thmst30
October 19th, 2008, 07:13 PM
As great as AE is, he isn't big enough to run over anyone (Covington throwing him to the ground like a rag doll is enough proof to that), and Johnson was wide open on the sidelines all day long. It seemed he stepped out of bounds every time he caught the ball.
He does it at least once every game it seems. Hell he completely destroyed a GSU corner three years ago when we won in double OT. I have video if you want the painful proof.xsmiley_wix

T-Dog
October 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM
He does it at least once every game it seems. Hell he completely destroyed a GSU corner three years ago when we won in double OT. I have video if you want the painful proof.xsmiley_wix

That was the TD run when his helmet went flying, right?

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM

If you wanna play that game. xsmiley_wix

I have the video of John Mohring taking AE's head off in the 2006 game, and the video of him getting abused (when he had to sit out a series) last year after landing on his dome and trying to walk off the field to the wrong sideline. ;)

The kid is tough as hell, but to have someone say that he was running over people all game long is a joke. He laid some tough hits and took some, too. xpeacex

DLS
October 19th, 2008, 08:19 PM

yea i dont know who #10 is but edwards hoed him in the endzone on the second touchdown right after he broke a tackle.

also the the hit he gave on the run to the right and miraculously stayed up to run another 6-8yds down the line.

also the run where layed out gsu's corner then carried two guys for another 10yds before going down.

and these were just the ones i could recall.

cant even count how many times he turned would be sacks into no losses or 1yd gains.

DLS
October 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM
If you wanna play that game. xsmiley_wix

I have the video of John Mohring taking AE's head off in the 2006 game, and the video of him getting abused (when he had to sit out a series) last year after landing on his dome and trying to walk off the field to the wrong sideline. ;)

The kid is tough as hell, but to have someone say that he was running over people all game long is a joke. He laid some tough hits and took some, too. xpeacex

gave more than he got easily.

georgiaeagle
October 19th, 2008, 08:28 PM
This was the best game I've watched in years, both teams played great. It's what college football is all about!

Appstate29
October 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM

being at the game, you probably didn't see it, but AE ran OVER several linebackers and defensive backs, lowered his shoulder and smashing them. Covington hitting him while he is trying to evade and throw, and having people getting in his way when he is trying to get extra yardage are two totally different things. Get ahold of a copy of the game and watch it, you'll be surprised by how many people he runs over.

GATA
October 19th, 2008, 09:05 PM
being at the game, you probably didn't see it, but AE ran OVER several linebackers and defensive backs, lowered his shoulder and smashing them. Covington hitting him while he is trying to evade and throw, and having people getting in his way when he is trying to get extra yardage are two totally different things. Get ahold of a copy of the game and watch it, you'll be surprised by how many people he runs over.

Yeah I watched it on TV and AE ran over some folks. I won't take that away from him. The guy isn't scared of contact. He dishes it out and he takes his fair share of licks too.

introvertedGSUfan
October 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah I watched it on TV and AE ran over some folks. I won't take that away from him. The guy isn't scared of contact. He dishes it out and he takes his fair share of licks too.

Yes, but the same thing could be said about Antonio Henton. The big guy can really run down the field if he wants to.

proasu89
October 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM

Josh Johnson is a WR, Josh Jackson is a RB.xthumbsupx

back2back
October 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM

xeyebrowx I can't believe that this question came from a JMU fan?xeyebrowx

proasu89
October 19th, 2008, 09:28 PM

He most certainly isxnodx

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
yea i dont know who #10 is but edwards hoed him in the endzone on the second touchdown right after he broke a tackle.

xlolx

#10 is Quentin Taylor, probably the best LB in the league, leads the league in tackles, and outweighs AE by about 60 lbs. It's a good bet if AE had the misfortune of meeting Taylor head on, AE would be sitting out the Furman game this Saturday.

also the the hit he gave on the run to the right and miraculously stayed up to run another 6-8yds down the line.

That was a great play, but he didn't run over anybody.

also the run where layed out gsu's corner then carried two guys for another 10yds before going down.

Another great play by Armanti, but there is a difference between a 5'7" 175 lb. corner and a 6'+ 240+ lb linebacker.

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Josh Johnson is a WR, Josh Jackson is a RB.xthumbsupx

mea culpa xbowx xpeacex

DLS
October 19th, 2008, 10:59 PM
xlolx

#10 is Quentin Taylor, probably the best LB in the league, leads the league in tackles, and outweighs AE by about 60 lbs. It's a good bet if AE had the misfortune of meeting Taylor head on, AE would be sitting out the Furman game this Saturday.

well he did and he's not.

[/QUOTE]That was a great play, but he didn't run over anybody.[/QUOTE]

they hit, AE was the only one left standing. sorry for the figurative speech.

[/QUOTE]Another great play by Armanti, but there is a difference between a 5'7" 175 lb. corner and a 6'+ 240+ lb linebacker.[/QUOTE]

i guess armanti aint biased in his delivery. big or small.

Baldy
October 19th, 2008, 11:05 PM
well he did and he's not.

You're at least half right this time, you're getting better. xlolx

they hit, AE was the only one left standing. sorry for the figurative speech.

If that were the case, AE would have scored. He didn't and therefore wasn't standing in the end.

i guess armanti aint biased in his delivery. big or small.

AE is a smart kid, good for him he didn't go head to head with Taylor.

DLS
October 20th, 2008, 06:28 AM
jesus christ.xrolleyesx

proasu89
October 20th, 2008, 08:27 AM
mea culpa xbowx xpeacex

No problem. I think many of our fans are confused. Was looking forward to Jackson getting some reps at RB based on limited action last year. But certainly not because of Moore & Welton's injuries and Radford looking gimpy this week.xsmhx

mtnman
October 20th, 2008, 08:35 AM

go talk to #23 and ask him if ae is not big enough.

biggie
October 20th, 2008, 09:34 AM
The ASU broadcast audio is up today:
http://www.goasu.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&oemid=21500&id=135327

And saw that SportsSouth is replaying the game at Noon today, I'm recording it since I accidently deleted it after watching it Saturday. Need to get a 'backup' of it.

eaglewithabus
October 20th, 2008, 09:58 AM
great game....****ty outcome for us GSU fans. hats off to asu for making the plays when they had to. I was on the front row and to me the biggest play was the conversion on fourth down and long for asu, I have no idea how that ball got through the two defenders who were trying to knock it down.

Rekdiver
October 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Our new song outta be "livvin on the edge"...

GSU had our number and if we don't figure out how to do something different defensively we're gonna get rocked badly by Elon or Wofford.
Furman will be another nailbiter.....

blueballs
October 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Our new song outta be "livvin on the edge"...

GSU had our number and if we don't figure out how to do something different defensively we're gonna get rocked badly by Elon or Wofford.
Furman will be another nailbiter.....

It has just about gotten to the point that every conference game is a nailbiter... at least it is for GSU.

Going back to last year----- GSU loses in OT to UTC (ouch), GSU loses in OT to Elon on missed FG, GSU defeats App by 3 in a nailbiter, GSU defeats Wofford by 3 when they stop Wofford on the GSU 12, GSU comes back to defeat El Cid by 4 on late Foster heroics, GSU loses to FU by 2 when 32 yd kick is wide....

Now this year----- GSU loses to Elon by 2 on a FG w/6 sec left, GSU loses to Woffie in OT on a missed XP, GSU loses to App by 1 with two red zone turnovers in the last 2 minutes.

It seems like every weekend brings another great game and more excitement in the conference.

Kiss My Apps
October 20th, 2008, 02:25 PM

That was a great play, but he didn't run over anybody.

Another great play by Armanti, but there is a difference between a 5'7" 175 lb. corner and a 6'+ 240+ lb linebacker.

Not only did Armanti meet him head on... but he then took the ball and crammed it into Taylor's gut after he scored. Check the video if you can't remember.
xeekx xeekx xeekx

Eaglesrus
October 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Not only did Armanti meet him head on... but he then took the ball and crammed it into Taylor's gut after he scored. Check the video if you can't remember.
xeekx xeekx xeekx

Are you talking about the video link at the start of this thread? I'm sorry, but I've looked at that over and over again and have yet to see it. At what point is that shown?

Kiss My Apps
October 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
You're right... He runs over Taylor for the second touchdown. It was the 4th touchdown when he squares up with Brandon Echols (35), powers him in, and then gives him the ball.

Baldy
October 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
You're right... He runs over Taylor for the second touchdown. It was the 4th touchdown when he squares up with Brandon Echols (35), powers him in, and then gives him the ball.

xlmaox

Oh God you're killing me...Edwards was already in the endzone by 3 yards and Taylor was in the process of falling down and they bumped. xlmaox

If you think Edwards "ran over" Taylor, then you have got to be a Democrat. xlolx

Kiss My Apps
October 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Baldy... didn't we go through this two years ago when Edwards knocked off the GSU player's helmet and you said that Edwards fell sideways not forward?

Check the video, 1:14 mark. Taylor runs as fast as his little heart could muster, propels himself at Edwards, Edwards brushes him off and scores. He wasn't in the process of falling... he didn't even begin falling until his shoulder pad makes contact with Edwards.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/article/15813/

Face it... he got punked. xcoffeex

Baldy
October 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Baldy... didn't we go through this two years ago when Edwards knocked off the GSU player's helmet and you said that Edwards fell sideways not forward?

Check the video, 1:14 mark. Taylor runs as fast as his little heart could muster, propels himself at Edwards, Edwards brushes him off and scores. He wasn't in the process of falling... he didn't even begin falling until his shoulder pad makes contact with Edwards.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/article/15813/

Face it... he got punked. xcoffeex

Falling down = propels? xlolx

Taylor was going to launch and decleat Edwards, but because he was in the endzone, he pulled up and took a dive.

Eventhough its at a horrible angle, it happened just as I said, Taylor was falling, and AE was already in the endzone. Thanks for clarifying my point. xthumbsupx

But to get the better view, look at the game video. It makes what I said much more clear.

gsu6trophies
October 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM

I wasn't there, I listened, and I definitely can't explain why. IMO a bad call by the coach. Let's hope he's learning right along with the young players. I mean, he's only, what?, 36 years old. I was pissed and ready to disown him after the game, but I think maybe next year he'll make up for it. I hope.

bench
October 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I wasn't there, I listened, and I definitely can't explain why. IMO a bad call by the coach. Let's hope he's learning right along with the young players. I mean, he's only, what?, 36 years old. I was pissed and ready to disown him after the game, but I think maybe next year he'll make up for it. I hope.

As nervous as I was that Henton was throwing down-field, it was better for us than the alternative, which was Henton running QB Iso until the clock became a factor or they got into field goal range, whichever came first.

For our sake, I hope Hatcher continues to channel his inner Art Shell, because that might be the only way anyone beats the Eagles the next couple of years.

T-Dog
October 20th, 2008, 10:25 PM
The first pick was just a bad throw. And surprisingly with about 90 seconds left in the game, that was the first turnover all game for either team.

The second pick wasn't really his fault. He was just doing what any QB would do in that scenario. And GaSo was not in FG range for that. It would have been a 60-plus-yard FG. The intentional grounding really hurt and was the second time Henton did that (release the ball when being flung down) in the game. Besides those plays, Henton played a near-flawless game and showed some great poise.

DLS
October 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Falling down = propels? xlolx

Taylor was going to launch and decleat Edwards, but because he was in the endzone, he pulled up and took a dive.

Eventhough its at a horrible angle, it happened just as I said, Taylor was falling, and AE was already in the endzone. Thanks for clarifying my point. xthumbsupx

But to get the better view, look at the game video. It makes what I said much more clear.

can't believe youre still discussing this, but i watched the game video again and it actually shows the hit better. not to mention taylor needed a hell of alot of pad adjustment from a hit you think he "pulled up and and took a dive" on.

hoed.

SoCon48
October 21st, 2008, 02:28 AM
I love Georgia Southern's uniforms. I don't know why, but I just think they are awesome.

And I noticed they got called for intentional grounding at the end, but App St was not called for the facemask on that same play...

I'm not surprised the refs missed it because I've watched it 5 times and havn't seen it yet.xeyebrowx

AppIAA
October 21st, 2008, 06:45 AM
I'm not surprised the refs missed it because I've watched it 5 times and havn't seen it yet.xeyebrowx

I agree.. I just watched at least 5 times, and I see a tackle around the knees happening.. no where close to a facemask

proasu89
October 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
I agree.. I just watched at least 5 times, and I see a tackle around the knees happening.. no where close to a facemask

Early in the play we hit Henton's facemask. However, the new facemask rule now states that it is not a penalty if the mask or helmet opening is not pulled or twisted.