PDA

View Full Version : why all the hating

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Ok, i have been readings this UNH swiss cheese defense for way to long...
you guys obviously have no clue what you are talking about.
1st when does yards win a football game... never... points do.
2nd you say a team that controls the ball will win? well not true in all cases UNH is in last for time of pos (26mins). therefore teams do not have to try to control the clock because UNH's offense does it naturally. it is a hit or miss offense (that is usually hitting.. and because they are so good its hard to give UNH to much credit so its easy to bash the d) And its that low even though UNH smoked 5 teams and at the end tried to run out the clock. So if games where closer the time of pos. may be lower.
3rd you say unh got beat by Hofstra (not score but beat because they dominated the game in the trenches) bull... UNH D forced 9 turn overs that were not capitalized on. 9 turnovers against a hofstra team that came in only given up 12 on the season. went 3 and out to force a field goal after a block punt in the redzone. They are number 1 in forced turnovers by a mile. and the defense they run is a run d and stay in front of pass no big plays. when the ball gets in the red zone they clamp down. you have no room to go anywhere. 2nd to the great UMASS D in the redzone. And finally Hofstra was a very good team easily could be 8-1... sound crazy right.. no.. not at all
they lost to the number one team in the nation 44-41 in 2 ot (and nobody hates on furmans defense because the dont give up yards just points), they lost to a suprising Richmond team 43-37 in 2 ot ( but nobody is bashing richmonds d) and to unh (29-26) (but everyone is bashing the D
wow..... you do the math

Im not bashing Furman or richmonds D they obviously can play... not team is top 10 in the nation without a good d.... its a total team effort... and some fans just dont get it

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Ok, i have been readings this UNH swiss cheese defense for way to long...
you guys obviously have no clue what you are talking about.
1st when does yards win a football game... never... points do.
2nd you say a team that controls the ball will win? well not true in all cases UNH is in last for time of pos (26mins). therefore teams do not have to try to control the clock because UNH's offense does it naturally. it is a hit or miss offense (that is usually hitting.. and because they are so good its hard to give UNH to much credit so its easy to bash the d) And its that low even though UNH smoked 5 teams and at the end tried to run out the clock. So if games where closer the time of pos. may be lower.
3rd you say unh got beat by Hofstra (not score but beat because they dominated the game in the trenches) bull... UNH D forced 9 turn overs that were not capitalized on. 9 turnovers against a hofstra team that came in only given up 12 on the season. went 3 and out to force a field goal after a block punt in the redzone. They are number 1 in forced turnovers by a mile. and the defense they run is a run d and stay in front of pass no big plays. when the ball gets in the red zone they clamp down. you have no room to go anywhere. 2nd to the great UMASS D in the redzone. And finally Hofstra was a very good team easily could be 8-1... sound crazy right.. no.. not at all
they lost to the number one team in the nation 44-41 in 2 ot (and nobody hates on furmans defense because the dont give up yards just points), they lost to a suprising Richmond team 43-37 in 2 ot ( but nobody is bashing richmonds d) and to unh (29-26) (but everyone is bashing the D
wow..... you do the math

Im not bashing Furman or richmonds D they obviously can play... not team is top 10 in the nation without a good d.... its a total team effort... and some fans just dont get it

Any time someone doubts Furman, which there are plenty of doubters, it is about the D.

EagleCrusade
November 7th, 2005, 10:31 AM
speaking of Furman, they lost to Georgia Southern on Saturday.

youwouldno
November 7th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten.

In case you forget, GSU lost to McNeese, Wofford, and App St. Maybe hold the stones until GSU does something in the playoffs.

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I post a question and their are no answers.... usually there are a billion bashers....what do you have to say now

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I didn't bash. I told you that UNH is not alone when it comes to D's getting trashed. I also think the question got lost in all the verbage. Ask it again.

chantster
November 7th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I post a question and their are no answers.... usually there are a billion bashers....what do you have to say now

In your thread, include Coastal somewhere and they will swarm like flies.

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 01:59 PM
i know you were not bashing..... it was not geared towards you sorry for the misunderstanding.... but the question is why does everyone hate on the UNH defense..... in the who wants to be #1 now post there was a zillion bashers and usually in all other UNH posts there are bashers.... im just wondering y.... what have they done to warrant the hatered.... RCNY you seem to have all the answers please tell me something

Proud Griz Man
November 7th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Don't fret UNH. There are always doubters.

The Montana Grizzlies are 7-2 and top-5 ranked, but there are a vocal few that constantly criticize our players and want our coaches fired (usually hiding behind some anonymous bulletin board poster name). :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 02:21 PM
which is crazy...... Montana has just as many weapons as anyone... and the coaches seem to out scheme everyone they play... doubters are haters and usually have no clue as to what they are talkin about

LacesOut
November 7th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Wahhhh wahhh. Everyone hates us. Wah. Wah. WAHHHHHHHHH. LOL

**EDIT**

This post is directed to all fans who whine and cry, of all teams.

Wah.

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 05:13 PM
this post was not a wah wah post. it was basically to all the ppl that hate on the defense of unh. ralph you being one of them.. i just wanted someone to either support their arguement or be man enough to say sorry i was wrong about those wildcats.... and ralph yes they are ranked one but that statement sugarcoats the fact that everyone still hates on the defense.... defend your opinions

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 06:05 PM
i mentioned those stats in the orginal post..... but you get those numbers when you play 35 mins a game. what about the turnovers, scoring defense, and only 2 of the teams they played hit there average score. Will and mary and Umass ....
p.s since when did yards equal points or wins ....just wondering

also why dont you look at.. sacks #1, force turnovers #1, redzone second only to umass

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 06:10 PM
so you think the main stats are the amount of yards a team gives up? :confused:

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 06:13 PM
ok so if they gave up 500 yards a game but shut everyone out does that make them a bad team

footballsmarts1
November 7th, 2005, 06:26 PM
what you are not getting is the fact that im not complaining.... i understand we are number 1, on the covers, so on and so forth... this came up as a reply to ppl that went to the Hofstra game and were bashing the def. and everyone else has been for quite some time. since the thread was not about UNH defense i figured i would make a thread and find out way everyone bad mouths. and i wanted rationalized opinions. i knew ppl would say they give up to many yards but like i said yards are not points and they dont amount to anything when teams get into the redzone. they also dont add up to anything if the defense takes the ball away when you get to close. and finally when you play in the high powered A-10 and you play 35 mins a game teams are going to put up yards you have to hope they dont put up point and 21.9 is not that many points. now do you get it

Sam Adams
November 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Montana had that corrupt AD who also helped screw up the 1AA playoffs in 2003 so maybe some of that has stained the attitude of other fans towards the griz.

As for UNH, anybody who wants to bash UNH obviously has not played them (Caveat: tribe fans can bash UNH). UNH is the best football team UMass has played this season and UNH has a superb OLine and one of the best players (Santos) that I have seen at the 1AA level in many years. When you have a guy like Santos lighting things up, people who want to find a reason to trash your team must look to the D. UNH has a pretty good defense. They aren't the 1985-86 Chicago Bears, but they are plenty good enough to win a National Championship IMHO.

blukeys
November 7th, 2005, 07:09 PM
what you are not getting is the fact that im not complaining.... i understand we are number 1, on the covers, so on and so forth... this came up as a reply to ppl that went to the Hofstra game and were bashing the def. and everyone else has been for quite some time. since the thread was not about UNH defense i figured i would make a thread and find out way everyone bad mouths. and i wanted rationalized opinions. i knew ppl would say they give up to many yards but like i said yards are not points and they dont amount to anything when teams get into the redzone. they also dont add up to anything if the defense takes the ball away when you get to close. and finally when you play in the high powered A-10 and you play 35 mins a game teams are going to put up yards you have to hope they dont put up point and 21.9 is not that many points. now do you get it
I have already stated that I voted UNH #1 this week. I have also expressed my admiration for UNH head coach MCConnell in other threads. The simple fact is that UNH has an excellent offense which can win a NC with a so-so defense. However, the history of the I-AA playoffs recently has been a team with an excellent defense leading the way. I would say that was the case with WKU, in '02. UD in '03 and JMU in '04.
Does UNH have a decent defense? I would say yes. Is the defense the equal of the last 3 National Champions? The early verdict says no. That has been the gist of most of the posts I have seen. Why anyone considers this objective Appraisal as being "hate" is beyond me especially when one considers the kudos that have come UNH's way from members of the board. :confused: :confused: :confused: