PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Nine

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 34-9 (3-5 SLC)
Total: 80-23 (27-9 SLC)

Nicholls State at McNeese State - Nicholls came out of the gate strong building a 19-0 lead and slowly crumbled allowing SFA to explode at the finish. We've still yet to see 60 minutes from the Colonels and that's very concerning. It does not get easier this week as they have the Pokes in Lake Charles. McNEESE STATE

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State - SHSU's Todd Whitten says the Kats still have a good football team. I agree with that assessment and hope to see it on the field at some point this season. The Demons are not as tough an obstacle as the hurdles that blocked the Kats way the last two weeks. Got to think SHSU will show their mettle soon. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas - The Bears are back home this week and Estes Stadium is a tough place to play. I really think highly of the Lions, but I have a hard time picking against the Bears in Conway. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

** GAME OF THE WEEK **

Texas State University-San Marcos at Stephen F. Austin - Who would think this would be the Game of the Week, but this has big SLC AQ ramifications. Hard to not go with the hot hand. The Jacks are improving by the week. Do find it strange that UCA went to the run as much against the Bobcats. Bobcats praising their defense for holding UCA to 31 points, but did they see what UCA did? When they did pass, they were spot on (18 of 22). If I was doing FCS fantasy football, Jeremy Moses is my starting QB this week. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Nicholls State at McNeese State - McNeese at home....

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State - Kats have yet to show me anything during conference play that suggests they are going to win any conference games. Why would I pick against the Demons at home?

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas - UCA at home, hard to pick against them.

Texas State University-San Marcos at Stephen F. Austin - Toss up, take the home team.

JoshUCA
October 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Nicholls State at McNeese State
Sam Houston State at Northwestern State
Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas
Texas State University-San Marcos at Stephen F. Austin

crossfire07
October 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 19th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Nicholls State at McNeese State--McNeese wins at home

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State--Bearkats squeak past Demons

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas--UCA by 2TDs

Texas State at Stephen F. Austin--gotta go with my CATS in a high scoring affair.

SandMountainDemon
October 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Nicholls at McNeese----------McNeese

Sam Houston at Northwestern------Northwestern

Southeastern at Central Arkansas------Central Ark

Texas State at Stephen F. Austin--------SFA

McNeese75
October 19th, 2008, 03:16 PM

BEAR
October 19th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Nicholls State at McNeese State--One of the easier picks with the McNeese defense being awaken vs. Texas State and doing a great job vs. Sam Houston. 38-24

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State- Rhett's offense is too much for the Demons. 42-21

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas With the run game gettiing a little exercise against Texas State (49 runs) and the homefield advantage, I can see Nathan wanting that 100 career pass record..and he's not that far off it. 48-28

Texas State University-San Marcos at Stephen F. Austin - No clue really..SFA makes combacks, TSU shows up for some games and not others..xconfusedx 31-21

slycat
October 21st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Nicholls State at McNeese State - Easy pick. McNeese at home should win.

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State - NWST is pretty good and SHSU looked bad last week. I'll say it's a close game and the home team wins.

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas - Try throwing the ball more.

Texas State at Stephen F. Austin - This game will be very close. I almost picked SFA but it made me feel sick. Texas States defense looks better but it still is bad. The Bobcat offense will show back on the road where it has played better.

BEAR
October 21st, 2008, 05:39 PM
Nicholls State at McNeese State - Easy pick. McNeese at home should win.

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State - NWST is pretty good and SHSU looked bad last week. I'll say it's a close game and the home team wins.

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas - Try throwing the ball more.

Texas State at Stephen F. Austin - This game will be very close. I almost picked SFA but it made me feel sick. Texas States defense looks better but it still is bad. The Bobcat offense will show back on the road where it has played better.

Throwing the ball more?? xlolx That 3 man front was really effective..why bother? xlolx I can imagine coach conque will know what type of pass to throw ratio to use against SELA..he did against Texas State. xthumbsupx :D xlolx

slycat
October 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
Throwing the ball more?? xlolx That 3 man front was really effective..why bother? xlolx I can imagine coach conque will know what type of pass to throw ratio to use against SELA..he did against Texas State. xthumbsupx :D xlolx

I'm just saying our sorry defense held you to your second lowest offensive output this year. If you past more I doubt the game would have been so close.

GeauxLions94
October 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Nicholls State at McNeese State - McNeese shook off the disappointment from the Texas State loss to thump Sam Houston State in Huntsville ... Colonels got big lead at home before dropping 11-point decision at SFA ... Cowboys were impressive last year in Thibodaux and don't see them losing twice in the Hole. McNEESE STATE

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State - What could have been a promising season for Bearkats, ended with bad loss at home to McNeese State ... Demons got big yards from Byron Lawrence last week, but Bomar and Co. will take advantage of opposing secondary. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas - Southeastern got a big win at home for Mike Lucas and now go on the road to face UCA ... Bears won a close one last year in Hammond and have to find way to stop Jay Lucas on the ground and Brian Babin in the air. Lions aren't best road team with one SLC victory away from Hammond since 2005. Like Nathan Brown and Co. in a shootout. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

** GAME OF THE WEEK **
Texas State at Stephen F. Austin - SFA is playing with a lot of confidence, with big second-half rallies against Southeastern and Nicholls State ... Jeremy Moses and 'Jack receivers could have a field day, but why do I think Bradley George, Cameron Luke and Karrington Bush will have a big game? TEXAS STATE

MSU_77
October 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
xhomerx WARNING: Homer-centric post

Nicholls at McNeese - 42-27 - I was extremely proud of the Cowboys' D last week against Bomar & Co. Nicholls got the raw end of the hurricane deal this year and I hope they don't break their streak in Lake Charles

Sam Houston at Northwestern - 35-28 - SHSU has to win sometime (don't they?)

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas - 48-28 - I too have been impressed with SELA but I'll go with UCA at home - I actually hope UCA runs the SLC field until the final game against McNeese and I think they can

Texas State at Stephen F. Austin - 51-35 - Let's go Jacks - I'm just glad McNeese has them at home this year

BEAR
October 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
I'm just saying our sorry defense held you to your second lowest offensive output this year. If you past more I doubt the game would have been so close.

You're right. I believe if coach Conque had passed the ball more the Bears might have scored 50, but the idea wasn't to dominate(as it wasn't last year by pulling Brown in the beginning of the third), but to get the ground game going and I think coach saw the game films and saw how Texas State lined up on defense and knew he could exploit it to get the ground game going. All year we have averaged like 140 yards on the ground. Against Texas State I think we got like 230. Much improved and in a situation where it could be done. The Cats didn't hold UCA to 31, UCA just worked their ground game and it went that way. Nathan completing 18 of 22 passes just proved that if the air game was used, it would have been more of the same. I give the Cats all respect, but that game was won before the Bears stepped on the field..in the coaching. Good onside kick though..much better than Kats anyway. xlolx (I'm praying for a new coach for both SHSU and Texas State.)

slycat
October 21st, 2008, 07:20 PM
You're right. I believe if coach Conque had passed the ball more the Bears might have scored 50, but the idea wasn't to dominate(as it wasn't last year by pulling Brown in the beginning of the third), but to get the ground game going and I think coach saw the game films and saw how Texas State lined up on defense and knew he could exploit it to get the ground game going. All year we have averaged like 140 yards on the ground. Against Texas State I think we got like 230. Much improved and in a situation where it could be done. The Cats didn't hold UCA to 31, UCA just worked their ground game and it went that way. Nathan completing 18 of 22 passes just proved that if the air game was used, it would have been more of the same. I give the Cats all respect, but that game was won before the Bears stepped on the field..in the coaching. Good onside kick though..much better than Kats anyway. xlolx (I'm praying for a new coach for both SHSU and Texas State.)

Thats true. I expected to lose that game. I'm just glad y'all didn't embarrass us this year.

SFA 71
October 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
Nicholls State at McNeese State By less than 2 TD's

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State Sam is through for the year.

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas By 2 TD's

Texas State University-San Marcos at Stephen F. Austin xthumbsupx By 1 TD & a FG

You can't go wrong with PURPLE

MaximumBobcat
October 21st, 2008, 10:03 PM
Cats play better on the road...I think the Jacks are gonna get AXED.

sharkeycox
October 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
McNeese by 17 over Colonels
Sam by 10 over Demons
UCA by 14 over Lions
TSU over Jacks by 7

buckp
October 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
McNeese by 17 over Colonels
Sam by 10 over Demons
UCA by 14 over Lions
TSU over Jacks by 7

Kinda' like that, sharkey....xthumbsupx

JollyRoger550
October 22nd, 2008, 08:26 PM

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 23rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Lets see....

Nicholls State at McNeese State -- But don't be surprise if the Colonels keep it close....

Sam Houston State at Northwestern State -- Heh.....we gotta make up for that 06 disaster eventually don't we???

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas -- First to 35 wins???

Texas State University-San Marcos at Stephen F. Austin -- I keep waiting for SFA to begin their flop....Is this the week??? I KNOW I better not see any 3 man fronts....seesh xrolleyesx

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
0-2 thus far...going to need to get those last two to have a respectable .500 week. Glad the SLC isn't as predictable this year after that very predictable start to the season...

blackfordpu
October 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM
The Nicholls/McNeese game looks like it was one heck of a game.

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I went 3-1. Nicholls surprised me.

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 12:04 AM
1-3 on the week here...UCA over McN was my lone win. I've never got beaten up so bad by my picks!

Cat79
October 26th, 2008, 12:16 AM
TT

Kiss my A-- You Dumb Butt

Texas State 62 SFA 21:D