PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh-Harvard Thread

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 11:34 AM
While my friends are getting bamboozled tailgating for the PSU-Michigan game, i'm in Happy Valley watching LU-HU on the net.

Game about to start.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Lehigh stops Harvard, great punt for the Crimson 1st and 10 at Crimson 10

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Lehigh goes for it on 4th and an inch and gets it at the Harvard 20.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Harvard misses a FG, Lehigh turns the ball over on the next play.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Harvard 25 yard TD pass on first play after fumble, replay looks like the WR never had possesion.

7-0 Harvard, late 1st Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Lehigh fakes a punt and gets it, 1st and 10 at Harvard 20

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Lehigh gets a FG, 7-3 Harvard about a minute left in 1st Q

Coen pulling out the trick plays again.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Lehigh's defense holds Harvard to a FG after a 1st and goal from the 6.

10-3 Harvard, about 10 minutes left in 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Harvard INT return for a TD
17-3 Crimson

This might get ugly unless the Hawks offense can get it going.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Lehigh's offense puts together a great 80 yard drive capped by a 21 yard TD pass, Clark to Fitzgerald

17-10 Harvard, about 3 minutes left in 2nd Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Harvard goes right down the field, 25 yard TD pass to Luft who is an absolute beast.

24-10 Harvard, about 1:30 left in 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Harvard 24 Lehigh 10 Half

Lehigh needs to eliminate the mistakes if they're going to have a chance to win. They basically gave Harvard 2 TD's. The offense seemed to get it going in the 2Q but little things held them back.

Cleets
October 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the UPDATES..!!!
I'm 3,000 miles away these days xlolx I can't see Harvard from my house...

xoopsx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Lehigh takes the second half kickoff and drives down the field for a TD!!

24-17 Harvard, about 9 minutes left in 3Q

C'mon D!!!

Lehigh74
October 18th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Who is winning the time of possession battle? That may be important in the 4th quarter when the defenses get tired.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Who is winning the time of possession battle? That may be important in the 4th quarter when the defenses get tired.

Harvard deffinately winning the TOP. Lehigh can't get Harvard off the field on 3rd down.

This game has the feel of every close Lehigh loss the last 3 years. Just can't make plays when need to against a good team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Harvard down to the Lehigh 10 yard line after 4 or 5 3rd down conversions on this drive alone. Lehigh's 3rd down D is pathetic.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Lehigh finally stops Harvard on 3rd and goal.

Harvard kicks a FG, Good

Harvard 27-17, about 1:30 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Leo misses a 44 Yard FG with the wind at his back. He has really really struggled with his FG kicking. Hard to believe Lehigh doesn't have anyone else to give FG kicking a shot.

Lehigh finally gets a 3 and out. Harvard to punt.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM
TD Lehigh!! Clark to Fitzegerald!!

27-24 Harvard, about 6 minutes left in 4Q!!

Let's seem if the Hawks can finally win a close game. Recent history says no.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Lehigh stops Harvard!! They have their chance now. 1st and 10 at the Harvard 40.

3:30 4th Q

27-24 Harvard

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Lehigh down to the Harvard 26, 1st down Hawks

1:30 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Well it happened again.

Lehigh had 1st down at the Harvard 14 and Clark loses the ball. Lehigh going to lose another heartbreaker.

Lehigh74
October 18th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I listened to the last few minutes on the radio. Clark fumbled with Lehigh in great scoring position. This team finds more ways to lose than any team I have ever seen. If not for the turnovers, it sounds like Lehigh outplayed Harvard.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I listened to the last few minutes on the radio. Clark fumbled with Lehigh in great scoring position. This team finds more ways to lose than any team I have ever seen. If not for the turnovers, it sounds like Lehigh outplayed Harvard.

Lehigh seems destined for another losing season after this heartbreaking loss. They'll probably have 6 losses by an average of 3 points the way this season is going. There is a lot of talent on Lehigh but at some point you have to win. They completely outplayed Harvard in the second half.

The Historian
October 18th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Lehigh used up all its luck in last year's game with Harvard. Still a good performance, but have to be concerned with injuries to Kennedy and Bode. The team has played much better the last two weeks.

Nice see to a Orlando, Florida boy, Casey Eldermire, come up with the interception that started the comeback.

LeopardFan04
October 18th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Just caught a few minutes on TV here and there. Lehigh definitely looked like they owned Harvard in the 2nd half. Tough break on the fumble at the end.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Lehigh used up all its luck in last year's game with Harvard. Still a good performance, but have to be concerned with injuries to Kennedy and Bode. The team has played much better the last two weeks.

Nice to a Florida boy, Casey Eldermire, come up with the interception that started the comeback.

Lehigh used up all thier luck last year against Harvard? Are you kidding me? This team has caught 1 break in about 4 years now.

LehighFan11
October 18th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I just got home in time to turn on the last 3 plays. That was pass interference in the endzone one the play Yansane got hurt on. Clark is an idiot for trying to run with the ball under a minute to go. Sounds like Lehigh put up a great fight in the 2nd half. What happened to Kennedy and Bode?

The Historian
October 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Lehigh used up all thier luck last year against Harvard? Are you kidding me? This team has caught 1 break in about 4 years now.

Luck versus Harvard -- Lehigh won that game with no offensive TDs and no third down conversions.

What is the deal with the snap with the motion guy coming across the field? I am surprised that the ball hitting him has not happened before.

The Historian
October 18th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I just got home in time to turn on the last 3 plays. That was pass interference in the endzone one the play Yansane got hurt on. Clark is an idiot for trying to run with the ball under a minute to go. Sounds like Lehigh put up a great fight in the 2nd half. What happened to Kennedy and Bode?

Kennedy got hurt on a KO return in the first half. He limped off and did not return. Bode hurt his knee in the first half. That looked like the more serious injury.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Kennedy got hurt on a KO return in the first half. He limped off and did not return. Bode hurt his knee in the first half. That looked like the more serious injury.

Bode was hurt last week so it might be something lingering with him. The defense played awesome in the second half. However they failed to make a play to win the game, AGAIN!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Luck versus Harvard -- Lehigh won that game with no offensive TDs and no third down conversions.

What is the deal with the snap with the motion guy coming across the field? I am surprised that the ball hitting him has not happened before.

If i'm correct Lehigh lost a heartbreaker to Harvard in '06. Coen i believe is 2-7 against Ivy's. In the previous 19 years before his arrival Lehigh lost 12 games total to the Ivy's.

Harvard Worship
October 18th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Well it happened again.

Lehigh had 1st down at the Harvard 14 and Clark loses the ball. Lehigh going to lose another heartbreaker.

It was almost the exact reverse of last year. One team dominating the game but not the scoreboard, driving in the final minute, about to close it out... TURNOVER, game over!

... karma?

Harvard Worship
October 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Bode was hurt last week so it might be something lingering with him.

It sounded from the (surprisingly unpolished) student radio broadcast that there were a LOT of stoppages of play for Lehigh injuries. Hope nobody got too banged up. Does anyone know what happened to Harvard's #1 and #2 RBs (Ho and Gordon)? It doesn't sound like they played.

Cleets
October 18th, 2008, 05:00 PM
This is a big win..!!! xnodx Looks like Brown is kicking some ass as well..!!!

~

Ivytalk
October 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Fitting revenge for last year, I'd say.xcoolx

And Bruck fown...buck frown ... whatever...

ngineer
October 18th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I went to see D-III Moravian beat F&M in Bethlehem this afternoon with Lehigh away, but TiVo'd the game. This was the reverse of last year, when Harvard outplayed Lehigh only to lose. Lehigh handed two TD's to the Crimson on turnovers in the first half. Second half, the Brown and White dominated, holding Harvard to 3 points. Clark made typical mistakes sophomores make, and then looked like Joe Montana on other plays. If Lehigh plays with the same effort the rest of the year, they can win the PL. They are so very close to being "Air Lehigh" we knew in the past. However, McGowan had a great game, too. First opposing runner to get over 100 yards against Harvard since 2004.
Injury to Bode did not look good. It appeared to be his already injured right knee. Lehigh was also without two starting OL men, so their backups acquitted themselves very well, and Eldemire got a pick subbing for Kennedy. Harvard WR Luft is tremendous at 6'6"--our DB was giving away 8 inches and stayed with him, but couldn't overcome the size differential as Pizzotti's passes were very well thrown 'high and away'.
While this loss is as painful as Cornell, it still showed that Lehigh has a lot of talent and can still have a very good season if the kids don't let this get to them.