Ga.Southern-63

Chattanooga (OPEN)

See y'all in Boone! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 06:11 PM
whatever you are smoking, i want some

ravens
November 6th, 2005, 06:46 PM
don't think Furman will beat Wofford by 21 , huh?...me neither...

if WCU wins maybe 1-AA gives them a Katrina exception...

Appdad
November 6th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Western Carolina-19
App.State-14

Elon-17
Citadel-13

Wofford-7
Furman-28

Morehead State-0
Ga.Southern-63

Chattanooga (OPEN)

See y'all in Boone! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Just be sure to bring the JUG!

fuEMO
November 6th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I think Furman will put a major A whoopin on the Tdogs. Senior day for Freeman, the Oline trio, Martin and Carter. I expect no letting up in this game.
Furman rolls big.

I want Western to beat APP but I just don't think you guys have the offense. But I do think your D will give Richie fits.

ASU Kep
November 6th, 2005, 09:37 PM
ASU - 42
WCU - 6

CIT - 28
Elon - 10

Furman - 31
Wofford - 17

GSU - 56
MSU - 10

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Furman beat App at home but will struggle against Wofford at home?????

catamount man
November 6th, 2005, 09:42 PM
ASU - 42
WCU - 6

xlolx xlolx xlolx xazzx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ravens
November 6th, 2005, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=ASUASU - 42WCU - 6

CIT - 28
Elon - 10

Furman - 31
Wofford - 17
:D
GSU - 56
MSU - 10[/QUOTE]

42-6? You don't need the jug with what you are smoking....

Appdad
November 6th, 2005, 09:51 PM
42-6? You don't need the jug with what you are smoking....

Just be sure to bring the JUG!

ASU Kep
November 6th, 2005, 09:51 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xazzx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

says the guy who thinks WCU is going to beat ASU at KBS.

and yah, I think Furman might struggle a bit with Wofford at home. They are coming off a loss and all but I think they might just overlook em. And don't forget, Wofford has shown glimpses of above-average mediocrity ( :confused: ) at times throughout the season. and its not like you guys are very good at putting teams away this season. :D .

ravens
November 6th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Furman beat App at home but will struggle against Wofford at home?????

you mean the Wofford team that beat GSU who just beat FU?

hmmmm..could be a ball game

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 09:55 PM

once again, there is no transitive property in football

ravens
November 6th, 2005, 10:16 PM
true, but Wofford is no Elon...in fact they were rated higher than WCU last week

ButlerGSU
November 6th, 2005, 10:19 PM
ASU - 21
WCU - 24

CIT - 28
Elon - 7

Furman - 54
Wofford - 21

GSU - 63
MSU - 34

ravens
November 6th, 2005, 10:37 PM
GSU is in best shape of all with at least at large bid won already.

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 11:19 PM

GSU minus Foster and Austin, FU would easily win. In Greenville Furman would probably beat GSU regardless.

Wofford is like GSU, minus Foster, Austin, Motte, Wayne, McCutchen, Craft, Bryant, Morhing, etc. Not athletic enough to run the ball against Furman's LBs. Not good enough defensively to disrupt Furman's offense, even if Felton is out.

sceagle
November 6th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Furman minus Ingle Freeman and GSU would win. Oh wait, Furman with Ingle and Freeman GSU wins.

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Who is Ingle Freeman? And how is that relevant to my description of Wofford, anyway?

Or are you saying GSU does not have better players than Wofford??? You did lose to them...

sceagle
November 6th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Excuse me. Ingle AND Freeman. You stated that we would lose if we didn't have Foster and Austin. I was saying you would lose if you didn't have Ingle and Freeman, but you lost anyway so you can make up all the imaginative scenarios you want and Furman will still have lost.

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Well, true, if a team has none of their players, its hard to win.

Problem is, that had nothing to do with my post.

I said Wofford runs a similar offense but without the playmakers. By disagreeing, I can only assume you think Wofford does, in fact, have players equal in talent to GSU.

Personally, I disagree, and I find it odd a GSU fan would devalue the Eagles like that.

thirdgendin
November 6th, 2005, 11:53 PM

No, we mean the Wofford team that was blown out by ASU who lost to Furman. See, you can make it to look however you'd like with transivity.

straightshooter
November 7th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Come on guys. GSU lost at Woffy early in the season. They lost four fumbles, three in the red zone. GSU did not turn the ball over against FU, and have really cut down on turnovers the last few games. This is a result of Foster's learning curve. As he get's more reps in that offense, the QB/FB exchange gets better and his pitches to the slots get better. I'd say that today's GSU team would beat Woffy by three scores, but we can't go there. We had our shot at them and they beat us. This is a different GSU offense than the one who played the first three or four games. Same personnel but more experience playing together.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 7th, 2005, 07:09 AM
ASU - 21
WCU - 24

CIT - 28
Elon - 7

Furman - 54
Wofford - 21

GSU - 63
MSU - 34

63-34? Have some faith in our D...

GSU: 48
MSU:10

CIT: 21
Elon: 10

Furman: 31
Wofford: 14

And of course, the Socon game of the week...

App. State: 34
WCU: 24

Don't overlook WCU...

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 07:23 AM
63-34? Have some faith in our D...

GSU: 48
MSU:10

CIT: 21
Elon: 10

Furman: 31
Wofford: 14

And of course, the Socon game of the week...

App. State: 34
WCU: 24

Don't overlook WCU...

i'm not overlooking WCU, i think the game will be close, both teams have good D's, but WCU has ZERO offense

EagleCrusade
November 7th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Should Western beat App,

Georgia Southern gets the auto-bid by way of tie-breaker.

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 08:53 AM
might as well put my two cents in .

GSU 55 Morehead St 7
Citadel 17 Elon (the standard) 7
Furman 35 Wofford 21
ASU 21 WCU 14.

Black and Gold Express
November 7th, 2005, 10:57 AM
WCU - 14
ASU - 35

Sorry, as much as the SoCon wants it to happen, Western will not be the ones to end the home winning streak. Senior Day, a lot on the line, and frankly Western is not as talented as ASU. Looking for a close game at half, then ASU pulls away.

Elon - 9
CIT - 42

The downward sprial continues for Elon.

Wofford - 17
Furman - 42

Wofford is the most overrated team in the SoCon this year, period. Be it youth or an overestimation of their talent, they are getting too much love and respect for what they have been doing on the field this year. Furman is now in must-win mode, and they will take it out on the Terriers.

MSU - 21
GSU - 70

This one will be a bloodbath. Look for the second and third string to get a lot of action against the non-schollies this weekend. What was supposedly one of the best MSU teams was unable to beat a down ASU team in 2003, and they aren't as good as 2003 and GSU is a hell of a lot better than that ASU 2003 team ever could be. Again, GSU can't afford a letup, otherwise this one could have been in the look-ahead column. GSU, more than any SoCon team, knows how to go for the kill.

WCU LawCat
November 7th, 2005, 04:41 PM
More than likely, App will hold firm late in the game and defeat WCU. They should. One thing I don't understand is the number of people that feel App is so much more tallented than WCU. I see one position where App is better than Western, and its at QB. Thats it! WCU has the edge on defense. Sure App has a good defense, but its not better than Western's. Those that want to talk about Western's lack of offense can do so all they want, but when Western's defense put the hurt on Furman and Wofford, the offense took care of business. 41 on Furman and a solid 24 on Wofford.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 7th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Let me see if I have got this straight:

If WCU can beat App St (and assuming that Furman beats Wofford and UTC), then that means we have four teams with 5-2 Socon records (Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Furman, and Western Carolina) and while we would all share the Socon championship, GSU would get the auto bid because they would have the best record among games against the other teams in the four?

chattanoogamocs
November 7th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I predict Chattanooga will have 2 weeks to prepare for Furman....UC will have nothing to lose and Furman will have all the pressure to win.

First winning record in 8 years....whew, FINALLY!

Best of luck to everyone else this weekend.

SpiritCymbal
November 7th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Let me see if I have got this straight:

If WCU can beat App St (and assuming that Furman beats Wofford and UTC), then that means we have four teams with 5-2 Socon records (Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Furman, and Western Carolina) and while we would all share the Socon championship, GSU would get the auto bid because they would have the best record among games against the other teams in the four?
Basically...yes. Head to head amongst the 4 tied teams would have WCU and GSU with a 2-1 record while ASU and FU would have a 1-2 record. GSU would get the automatic bid by head-to-head comparison with WCU.

Saint3333
November 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM
One position :lmao:

RB Kevin Richardson
WR Jermaine Little (injured)
WR Dexter Jackson
DE Jason Hunter
DE Marques Murrill
S Corey Lynch
S Jeremy Wiggins
OL Grant Oliver (and probably others)

Eaglegus2
November 7th, 2005, 06:39 PM
My picks:

Western Carolina-19
App.State-34

Elon-17
Citadel-23

Wofford-9
Furman-45 (Paladins will take out their anger from the GSU game on Wofford.)

Morehead State-20
Ga.Southern-43

Chattanooga (OFF)

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I predict Chattanooga will have 2 weeks to prepare for Furman....UC will have nothing to lose and Furman will have all the pressure to win.

First winning record in 8 years....whew, FINALLY!

Best of luck to everyone else this weekend.

Wiat a minute. you predict UC will have two weeks to prepared for Furman.

I thought I was hesitant to go out on a limb.

OL FU
November 7th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Wiat a minute. you predict UC will have two weeks to prepared for Furman.

I thought I was hesitant to go out on a limb.

Ok never mind. I got it. You are predicting UC's bye.
Sorry I am slow.
I have said before, and will say again. That last game gives me the shivers. I am sure all of the other Paladin fans are shaking their heads. But you are right. In Chattanooga, a team that is capable of surprises, etc. etc.

It should go Okay for the Paladins, but it has been a strange cliff=hanger type of season.

ravens
November 7th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Basically...yes. Head to head amongst the 4 tied teams would have WCU and GSU with a 2-1 record while ASU and FU would have a 1-2 record. GSU would get the automatic bid by head-to-head comparison with WCU.

If WCU beats Appy, Appy beats Elon and Furman loses one of their two...you end up with a 3 way tie...GSU, Appy and WCU decided by a coin toss

SoCon48
November 7th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Ok never mind. I got it. You are predicting UC's bye.
Sorry I am slow.
I have said before, and will say again. That last game gives me the shivers. I am sure all of the other Paladin fans are shaking their heads. But you are right. In Chattanooga, a team that is capable of surprises, etc. etc.

It should go Okay for the Paladins, but it has been a strange cliff=hanger type of season.

Chatty's defense sticks and swarms. They put out 4 Apps in that ASU-Chatty game. Be forewarned.

Appdad
November 7th, 2005, 08:49 PM
"Chatty's defense sticks and swarms. They put out 4 Apps in that ASU-Chatty game. Be forewarned. "

And in that order!

ASU Kep
November 7th, 2005, 08:52 PM
God, everybody is acting like WCU is FAVORED to beat us or something...sort of like how we thought GSU was going to beat Furman at home...but much less realistic. Why dont we all wait and see what happens? App will not lose at home.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 09:52 PM
God, everybody is acting like WCU is FAVORED to beat us or something...sort of like how we thought GSU was going to beat Furman at home...but much less realistic. Why dont we all wait and see what happens? App will not lose at home.

thats y u don't see me saying anything, there are so many ridiculous claims and its only monday

ASU Kep
November 7th, 2005, 11:23 PM
yah, i guess we let em dream for another five days...

SoCon48
November 8th, 2005, 06:02 AM
yah, i guess we let em dream for another five days...

I still say that we would be very un-wise to under-estimate WCU's defense until it is proven otherwise.
JCline

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I still say that we would be very un-wise to under-estimate WCU's defense until it is proven otherwise.
JCline

let me see here, they have no offense, and we have a comporable defense, who wins here

and i don't care who you are, we have too many weapons to stop all of them

dungeonjoe
November 8th, 2005, 07:52 AM
once again, there is no transitive property in football

"transitive property" talk about putting your college education to work ;)

APP State- 24
WCU 14

Furman 35
Wofford 17

GSU 45
MSU 7

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 11:25 AM
"transitive property" talk about putting your college education to work ;)

sorry to say, but I learned that well before college, and perfected it at a I-A football school :o

Appdad
November 8th, 2005, 01:04 PM
sorry to say, but I learned that well before college, and perfected it at a I-A football school :o

And for me to think you got that from the Furman board... :)

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 01:15 PM
And for me to think you got that from the Furman board... :)

I only have one connection to Furman, and its not grammer or syntax'

Daric Carter went to my HS, and to be honest, he was mediocre then, kinda surprised me that he has gotten that much better

Black and Gold Express
November 8th, 2005, 01:24 PM
More than likely, App will hold firm late in the game and defeat WCU. They should. One thing I don't understand is the number of people that feel App is so much more tallented than WCU. I see one position where App is better than Western, and its at QB. Thats it! WCU has the edge on defense. Sure App has a good defense, but its not better than Western's. Those that want to talk about Western's lack of offense can do so all they want, but when Western's defense put the hurt on Furman and Wofford, the offense took care of business. 41 on Furman and a solid 24 on Wofford.

Okay, myth-debunking time!

Myth #1: Western Carolina's defense is great.

Facts: 21 points to Furman, 17 to Citadel, 20 to Chattanooga, 45 to GSU. 26 POINTS TO ELON??!! That's a 25.8 ppg average in those 5 games. That would be a majority of your games as well.

You clearly want to hang your defensive hat on three games, of which only one (7 points allowed to Cincinnati) was against a quality opponent. Perhaps the 5 INT game against Furman as well, though you did give up 21 points in that one, all in the first 3 quarters (no garbage time scores). The others (7 to Mars Hill, 0 to Wofford) aren't much to write home about, as they are probably 2 of the 3 worst teams you've played this year.

FWIW, WCU's average for all it's I-AA games is 21.5 ppg given up by it's "great" defense. Judging by this alone, WCU has proven on the field to be about a mid-pack team on defense, when all is said and done. Not terrible by any means. Not the world beaters they proclaim either.

Myth #2: Western Carolina's offense is "good".

Western Carolina has broken the 10-point barrier just one time against a ranked opponent, and that was the 41 against Furman. Now give them credit for doing so, but we all know that was in huge part to the five turnovers Ingle Martin had that day. Their big offensive days have come all against unranked opponents, the best of which would be Chattanooga. To counter that, we have 3 points against Cinci., 7 points against The Citadel, 7 points against GSU. Oh and toss into that a marvelous 21 point showing against a D-II team in Mars Hill.

If you want to look at recent trends, the 31 ppg on offense they have racked up the last 3 games looks good. But when you find out it came against Chattanooga, Elon, and Wofford, you have to take the last two in a serious amount of context. At the very least, you have to say they will be playing with some confidence this weekend.

Now, nobody is going to say that ASU has the Steel Curtain going on here, but consider this. In all of our I-AA games, we're giving up an average of 16.8 ppg. On offense, ASU is putting up 34.0 ppg against I-AA opponents. The only two games all season we've been kept under 24 points were by Kansas and LSU.

ASU has a good I-AA offense. They've proven it against both good and bad I-AA competition. WCU has a good I-AA offense against bad I-AA competition, and has only one good showing against top I-AA teams which was aided heavily by their best defensive game against a good I-AA team this season.

Is it impossible to say WCU couldn't come to Boone and pull off the big upset? Sagarin has ASU listed as a 13 point favorite. No, not at all. As I stated earlier, the Cats have gained confidence on both sides of the ball (though against weaker competition) and you cannot overlook the value of momentum. This also is their Game of the Year. They have only a small shot at the playoffs even if they were to win this weekend, so this is the season for them. And ASU is now missing their best deep threat at wideout, lost in the LSU game for 4 weeks.

But the numbers lean definitely to ASU, no matter how you chop them up. The facts are also that these intangibles that Western fans say they have going for them are just as prevalent on the ASU side, maybe moreso. If we are to attribute value to them, then do not discount these factors for ASU.

Senior Day
Revenge for last year's loss at WCU
A must-win game to keep both playoff and playoff seed hopes alive.
Keeping the 15 game home winning streak intact.
This is why I just think in the end, ASU "wants" this one as much as Western does. And we are the better team (not just the better quarterback). A win by Western, while not impossible, is definitely a highly unlikely one.

And those are simply the facts laid out.

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Okay, myth-debunking time!

Myth #1: Western Carolina's defense is great.

Facts: 21 points to Furman, 17 to Citadel, 20 to Chattanooga, 45 to GSU. 26 POINTS TO ELON??!! That's a 25.8 ppg average in those 5 games. That would be a majority of your games as well.

You clearly want to hang your defensive hat on three games, of which only one (7 points allowed to Cincinnati) was against a quality opponent. Perhaps the 5 INT game against Furman as well, though you did give up 21 points in that one, all in the first 3 quarters (no garbage time scores). The others (7 to Mars Hill, 0 to Wofford) aren't much to write home about, as they are probably 2 of the 3 worst teams you've played this year.

FWIW, WCU's average for all it's I-AA games is 21.5 ppg given up by it's "great" defense. Judging by this alone, WCU has proven on the field to be about a mid-pack team on defense, when all is said and done. Not terrible by any means. Not the world beaters they proclaim either.

Myth #2: Western Carolina's offense is "good".

Western Carolina has broken the 10-point barrier just one time against a ranked opponent, and that was the 41 against Furman. Now give them credit for doing so, but we all know that was in huge part to the five turnovers Ingle Martin had that day. Their big offensive days have come all against unranked opponents, the best of which would be Chattanooga. To counter that, we have 3 points against Cinci., 7 points against The Citadel, 7 points against GSU. Oh and toss into that a marvelous 21 point showing against a D-II team in Mars Hill.

If you want to look at recent trends, the 31 ppg on offense they have racked up the last 3 games looks good. But when you find out it came against Chattanooga, Elon, and Wofford, you have to take the last two in a serious amount of context. At the very least, you have to say they will be playing with some confidence this weekend.

Now, nobody is going to say that ASU has the Steel Curtain going on here, but consider this. In all of our I-AA games, we're giving up an average of 16.8 ppg. On offense, ASU is putting up 34.0 ppg against I-AA opponents. The only two games all season we've been kept under 24 points were by Kansas and LSU.

ASU has a good I-AA offense. They've proven it against both good and bad I-AA competition. WCU has a good I-AA offense against bad I-AA competition, and has only one good showing against top I-AA teams which was aided heavily by their best defensive game against a good I-AA team this season.

Is it impossible to say WCU couldn't come to Boone and pull off the big upset? Sagarin has ASU listed as a 13 point favorite. No, not at all. As I stated earlier, the Cats have gained confidence on both sides of the ball (though against weaker competition) and you cannot overlook the value of momentum. This also is their Game of the Year. They have only a small shot at the playoffs even if they were to win this weekend, so this is the season for them. And ASU is now missing their best deep threat at wideout, lost in the LSU game for 4 weeks.

But the numbers lean definitely to ASU, no matter how you chop them up. The facts are also that these intangibles that Western fans say they have going for them are just as prevalent on the ASU side, maybe moreso. If we are to attribute value to them, then do not discount these factors for ASU.

Senior Day
Revenge for last year's loss at WCU
A must-win game to keep both playoff and playoff seed hopes alive.
Keeping the 15 game home winning streak intact.
This is why I just think in the end, ASU "wants" this one as much as Western does. And we are the better team (not just the better quarterback). A win by Western, while not impossible, is definitely a highly unlikely one.

And those are simply the facts laid out.
well put my friend, 1+1= BEAT DOWN

gophoenix
November 8th, 2005, 02:45 PM
No way The Citadel puts up more than 14, with their backup QB and hurt players, against a now rested Elon D that has done very well against all but two teams this year.

Elon 16, Citadel 10.

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
No way The Citadel puts up more than 14, with their backup QB and hurt players, against a now rested Elon D that has done very well against all but two teams this year.

Elon 16, Citadel 10.

its not your D thats the problem, your O is gonna have to win this one, and your standard 7 points ain't gonna be enough

gophoenix
November 8th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Tell the 7 point rule to Western.

The problem is, which Paul Hamilton is going to coach? The 1 back option with hitch pass PHam or the 2 back option with down the field passing. I scheme scores descently, the other can't score.

Sure the offense has got to score, but I just don't see The Citadel putting up more points than Wofford or UTC did.....

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Tell the 7 point rule to Western.

The problem is, which Paul Hamilton is going to coach? The 1 back option with hitch pass PHam or the 2 back option with down the field passing. I scheme scores descently, the other can't score.

Sure the offense has got to score, but I just don't see The Citadel putting up more points than Wofford or UTC did.....

i'll agree that if you guys are gonna win one this year, its gonna be this game, so better bring it

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I always like reading these before the weekend

http://www.soconsports.com/pdf7/23238.pdf?ATCLID=182597&DB_OEM_ID=4000

WCU LawCat
November 8th, 2005, 05:30 PM
One position

RB Kevin Richardson
WR Jermaine Little (injured)
WR Dexter Jackson
DE Jason Hunter
DE Marques Murrill
S Corey Lynch
S Jeremy Wiggins
OL Grant Oliver (and probably others)
Maybe two...
-Kevin Richardson is not better than All SoCon Darius Fudge at RB.
-Jermaine Little might be better...but he's injured.
-Jackson is no better than JC Brown or Eddie Cohen (remember him? That WR that killed you guys last year?)
-Jason Hunter is good, but again, he is no better than either of our all SoCon ends Rico Reese or Foster.
-Corey Lynch is a fine Saftey...but so is All SoCon safety Primus Glover.
-What about All SoCon CB Bruce Lee or team MVP (probably) Francis Brown? If Touchstone and Woazah (sp??) are still your starters on the corners then App "might" be in trouble again.
-Grant Oliver is good but he is no better than 4 year starting Center Linden Ryan...or 500+ bench pressing Kevin McAlmont.
-And don't forget the X-Factor on kickoff returns...thats right...YOUR SOCON 100 METERS CHAMPION Mike Malone. Fastest man in the SoCon!

I am not sure what your laughing about. If you lay it all out on the table, App is not "a lot" more tallented than WCU.

Appdad
November 8th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Maybe two...
-Jackson is no better than JC Brown or Eddie Cohen (remember him? That WR that killed you guys last year?)
-Jason Hunter is good, but again, he is no better than either of our all SoCon ends Rico Reese or Foster.
-What about All SoCon CB Bruce Lee or team MVP (probably) Francis Brown? If Touchstone and Woazah (sp??) are still your starters on the corners then App "might" be in trouble again.
-Grant Oliver is good but he is no better than 4 year starting Center Linden Ryan...or 500+ bench pressing Kevin McAlmont.
-And don't forget the X-Factor on kickoff returns...thats right...YOUR SOCON 100 METERS CHAMPION Mike Malone. Fastest man in the SoCon!

I am not sure what your laughing about. If you lay it all out on the table, App is not "a lot" more tallented than WCU.

So then if you lose the fault will be:
1. The refs?
2. The coach?
3. Sorry attitude fans?
4. Sorry attitude players?
5. The long drive around the mountains?

catamount man
November 8th, 2005, 06:33 PM

PERFECT! I got dibs! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! ;)

AppGuy04
November 8th, 2005, 06:33 PM
So then if you lose the fault will be:
1. The refs?
2. The coach?
3. Sorry attitude fans?
4. Sorry attitude players?

hahahaha, no, they can use the "we didn't bring our A game" excuse

our opponents are entitled to use it once per season, Coastal has used theirs, so now its Western's turn

ASU Kep
November 8th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Hopefully we'll get Coastal in the first round and have to grant em another round of excuses.

Appdad
November 8th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Maybe two...

--------
At which postions were your last opponents faster/stronger than our last opponent. The advantage goes to App for getting used to a faster stronger game. Thus the game vs a smaller team becomes more manageable.

Sir, App has done their homework. They have done what is necessary since that day last year when they lost the jug. They have been in the weight room and on the field almost every day since. 50 of them missed a total of 4 weeks, counting the Christmas Holidays, or whatever they are called now, to today united as one with the sole purpose of winning this conference and kicking WCU all over the field. 500+ bench press players, App has several. Track and field stars, App scores there too. Just ask your tracksters. I know because I was at the meets. By the way, go to the App website and get on the Socon interviews and listen to your coach.

Last year we were missing 6 defensive starters. Our offense comes back locked and loaded. You talk about your great defense. Your DL and LB's will meet their match in our OL.

I don't usually get involved in this kind of stuff but your boys better button up because they are coming into a Mountaineer Tornado! What has WCU done to get ready? Woop up on the midgets of Wofford with their nose tackle virtually disabled?

Just make sure you bring the JUG!

SoCon48
November 8th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Maybe two...

The ASU defense has grown up a bit since last year's "freshman team."

As to Fudge, if we consider the schedule to be equal, then take a look at:

Fudge 599 Rushing, 107 Receiving 3 TD's
Richardson 816 Rushing, 340 Receiving 10 TD's

Not to say Fudge might not have a break out game, but otherwise?

SoCon48
November 8th, 2005, 07:26 PM
--------
At which postions were your last opponents faster/stronger than our last opponent. The advantage goes to App for getting used to a faster stronger game. Thus the game vs a smaller team becomes more manageable.

Sir, App has done their homework. They have done what is necessary since that day last year when they lost the jug. They have been in the weight room and on the field almost every day since. 50 of them missed a total of 4 weeks, counting the Christmas Holidays, or whatever they are called now, to today united as one with the sole purpose of winning this conference and kicking WCU all over the field. 500+ bench press players, App has several. Track and field stars, App scores there too. Just ask your tracksters. I know because I was at the meets. By the way, go to the App website and get on the Socon interviews and listen to your coach.

Last year we were missing 6 defensive starters. Our offense comes back locked and loaded. You talk about your great defense. Your DL and LB's will meet their match in our OL.

I don't usually get involved in this kind of stuff but your boys better button up because they are coming into a Mountaineer Tornado! What has WCU done to get ready? Woop up on the midgets of Wofford with their nose tackle virtually disabled?

Just make sure you bring the JUG!

I still worry about facing WCU, especially with Jermaine out, but I don't agree with all the other poster's match ups.

MountaineerDrive
November 10th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Just looking at the stats from that weekly SoCon report...
Kevin Richardson IS better than Darius Fudge. Richardson is averaging 90.7 yards per game on 6.0 yards per carry with 10 rushing touchdowns. Fudge is rushing for 74.9 yards per game on 5.5 YPC with only 2 TDs.

Versus SoCon competition WCU's defense is #1 allowing only 305.7 yards per game. However, they have yet to face the conference's #1 offense in Appalachian.

Appalachian's defense is #2 allowing a whopping 313.8 yard per game. We, however have yet to face the conference's worst and third worst offenses in Western and Elon.

So, an objective observer might say that Appalachian and Western defenses are roughly equal. Appalachian's offense is vastly superior to Western's.
I don't think it'll be easy but we should win as long as we hold our own in special teams and don't commit Furmanesque turnovers. And THE ROCK will play a big role, hopefully we'll have a huge turnout of Black and Gold.

ASU-27
WCU-17

SoCon48
November 10th, 2005, 02:11 PM

ASU-27
WCU-17

Either way it goes, those numbers look about right IMOP. Although I wouldn't be surprised if neither team can put up quite 27 on the other.

Saint3333
November 10th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Last time I checked both Murrill and Hunter were leading the SoCon in Sacks and TFL.

Your CBs are better, but our safeties are better. The keys to the game are ASU's oline and if WCU can score 3 TDs.