PDA

View Full Version : Who has NEVER beaten who in your conference?

DuckDuckGriz
October 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM
This is not at all intended as smack, but I was just curious as to see how many conference teams there are who are undefeated against other conference members.

What brings this up is Montana-Sac State this weekend. The Griz are 12-0 against Sac State since the Hornets joined the Big Sky in 1996....Although there have been alot of very close games..

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Elon has not beaten App.
If you disgregard Samford (first year member), I think that is the only one.

T-Dog
October 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I don't think UTC has ever beaten Furman since UTC joined the SoCon.

Also, Elon has never beaten App since Elon joined the SoCon (2003). In fact, the last time Elon beat us was 1969. Granted there was a big gap in between games played, but still.

crunifan
October 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Well, technically Youngstown has never beaten UNI as a member of the Valley. They beat us prior though in the playoffs.

Then again, starting this year, the same can be said of South Dakota State (and hopefully North Dakota State after tomorrow!).

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Georgetown is 0-6 against Colgate since joining the League in 2001

Due to a scheduling quirk, the Raiders and Hoyas did not play in 2001 when Georgetown first joined. The two teams also did not play this year due to the norovirus issue. In between, 2002-07, Colgate has won all 6 games

Colgate also held an undefeated record against Towson during the Tigers' years in the PL (1997-2003), a 7-0 mark

Also according to CFBDatawarehouse, Georgetown is 0-8 vs. Holy Cross and 0-7 vs. Lehigh

grizband
October 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Current FCS schools who have never beaten Montana (2+ games played):

Sacramento State (0-13)
UC Davis (0-3)
Eastern Illinois (0-2)
Maine (0-2)
Northern Iowa (0-4)
Northwestern State (0-3)
South Dakota State (0-6)
Stephen F. Austin (0-3)
Albany (0-2)

Cal Poly was among these ranks, until the 2005 playoff game in Missoula.

JoshUCA
October 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
UCA is..
3-0 vs SHSU
1-0 vs Southeastern LA
2-0 vs SFA
Technically 1-0 vs Nicholls since we became a member of the SLC
1-0 vs TX St

UNIFanSince1983
October 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Actually Youngstown became a member of the Gateway in 1997 and we lost to them in both 1999 and 2000. They have never beaten us with Farley as coach, though, which is why you may have been confused about that.

brownbear
October 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM
None

MR. CHICKEN
October 17th, 2008, 03:19 PM
MONTANA....HAS NEVERAH BEATEN......DELAWARE......BRAWK!

YOUNGSTOWN STATE.....HAS NEVERAH BEATEN.....DELAWARE.....BRAWK!

DELAWARE........HAS NEVERAH BEATEN... FURMAN......BRAWK!

AH KNOW OUTTAH CONFERENCE.........xoopsx

DON'T GET YER......BVD'S....IN UH BUNCH........LADDIES......IT'S FRIDAY......TIME TA POUR....UH PILSNER......&...UNLAX....xbeerchugx....AWK!

danefan
October 17th, 2008, 03:22 PM
MONTANA....HAS NEVERAH BEATEN......DELAWARE......BRAWK!

YOUNGSTOWN STATE.....HAS NEVERAH BEATEN.....DELAWARE.....BRAWK!

AH KNOW OUTTAH CONFERENCE.........xoopsx

DON'T GET YER......BVD'S....IN UH BUNCH........LADDIES......IT'S FRIDAY......TIME TA POUR....UH PILSNER......&...UNLAX....xbeerchugx....AWK!

Mr. Chicken needs to frequent AGS more often.

I understand though, it must take a lot of energy to put together one of those posts.

th0m
October 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Towson has never beaten JMU since they joined the CAA. Of course, they only joined in 2004. The overall series is 14-5-1 in favor of JMU. Before Towson joined the CAA, the last time the two teams met was in 1992, which is also their last win against us. Going down the list, Towson and JMU have played each year from 1976 to 1992, only in 1980 they did not meet. During most of this time frame, both teams were independents.

Since we're on the topic of Towson anyway, they are winless vs. W&M at 0-5. They have also never beaten Northeastern since joining the CAA at 0-2, 3-5 all-time, UNH at 0-4, UMass at 0-2, and Maine since joining the CAA at 0-2, 3-5 all-time.

Sorry Towson fans for spilling the beans :(

UAalum72
October 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM
St. Francis (0-9) and Duquesne (0-2, including this year in conference) have never beaten Albany. This is Dukes' first year in the NEC.

I was surprised, but SFUPA has beaten every other NEC team at least once.

OL FU
October 17th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I don't think UTC has ever beaten Furman since UTC joined the SoCon.

Also, Elon has never beaten App since Elon joined the SoCon (2003). In fact, the last time Elon beat us was 1969. Granted there was a big gap in between games played, but still.

UTC has been around awhile and while we have beaten them 15 (I think) straight times the overall record is 24 FU 13 Chatt

URMite
October 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Towson has never beaten JMU since they joined the CAA. Of course, they only joined in 2004. The overall series is 14-5-1 in favor of JMU. Before Towson joined the CAA, the last time the two teams met was in 1992, which is also their last win against us. Going down the list, Towson and JMU have played each year from 1976 to 1992, only in 1980 they did not meet. During most of this time frame, both teams were independents.

Since we're on the topic of Towson anyway, they are winless vs. W&M at 0-5. They have also never beaten Northeastern since joining the CAA at 0-2, 3-5 all-time, UNH at 0-4, UMass at 0-2, and Maine since joining the CAA at 0-2, 3-5 all-time.

Sorry Towson fans for spilling the beans :(

That's a lot of conference teams! Well Towson has never beaten..oh, nevermind...xnonono2x

YaleFootballFan
October 17th, 2008, 04:41 PM
None

Yeah, none in the Ivy. We've all been playing each other for about 100 years so it's pretty difficult to go undefeated against a single opponent for an entire century, even against Columbia. ;)

cmaxwellgsu
October 17th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Western Carolina hasn't beaten us since WWII, so that would include conference play.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Well, technically Youngstown has never beaten UNI as a member of the Valley. They beat us prior though in the playoffs.

Then again, starting this year, the same can be said of South Dakota State (and hopefully North Dakota State after tomorrow!).

Within conference games only! (Since this is the first year of MVFC action for NDSU/SDSU, at best that's a 1-0 record)

UNI/NDSU/SDSU had a LLLOOONNNGGG history in the NCC together, with wins against each other.

I know that SDSU has played YSU back in D-II days also.

McNeese72
October 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
UCA is..
3-0 vs SHSU
1-0 vs Southeastern LA
2-0 vs SFA
Technically 1-0 vs Nicholls since we became a member of the SLC
1-0 vs TX St

Forgot McNeese. :)

Doc

GeauxLions94
October 17th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Forgot McNeese. :)

Doc

Oops ... Freudian slip there.

As for us, we've never beaten Texas State in 11 games all-time xoopsx

Since joining the Southland Conference in 2005, we've gone winless against Sam Houston State (0-3) and lost last year to Central Arkansas (37-33)

grizband
October 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Western Carolina hasn't beaten us since WWII, so that would include conference play.
Except when they won in 1994 - although I don't think GSU was a member of the SoCon yet. :D

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Elon has not beaten App.

GRRR....Samford leads our all time series 1-0xnonono2x

ElonFirefighter
October 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Elon has not beaten App.

Elon Has not beaten app in the short 5 years in the conf. Over all were 9-26-1 vs app

ngineer
October 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Georgetown is 0-6 against Colgate since joining the League in 2001

Due to a scheduling quirk, the Raiders and Hoyas did not play in 2001 when Georgetown first joined. The two teams also did not play this year due to the norovirus issue. In between, 2002-07, Colgate has won all 6 games

Colgate also held an undefeated record against Towson during the Tigers' years in the PL (1997-2003), a 7-0 mark

Also according to CFBDatawarehouse, Georgetown is 0-8 vs. Holy Cross and 0-7 vs. Lehigh

Yes, the Hoyas haven't beaten Lehigh since they joined the PL; however, they did beat the, then, Engineers in 1925 for the last of their five wins against the Brown & White.

Grizo406
October 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM

I really can't remember, but I'm pretty sure Montana has beaten Furman...once...on a "neutral" field, during the 2001 season!??!

RazorEdge19
October 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I really can't remember, but I'm pretty sure Montana has beaten Furman...once...on a "neutral" field, during the 2001 season!??!

Kinda like how Wofford has beaten Montana, on a decidedly non-neutral field. :p (I'm a true Montana fan for life after that game. Fantastic people.)

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
[/B]

Yes, the Hoyas haven't beaten Lehigh since they joined the PL; however, they did beat the, then, Engineers in 1925 for the last of their five wins against the Brown & White.

True, though I did just mean since the Hoya's entry in the League

darell1976
October 17th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Since this is UND's first year we will find out..although last year we beat Southern Utah so we are 1-0 vs them but 0-0 vs everyone in our conference since joining, only Cal Poly we don't play til next year so we will be 0-0 vs them.

PaladinFan
October 17th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Elon broke their conference winless streak against Furman this year. UTC hasn't beaten the Paladins since the early 90s (not sure when they joined the conference)

elon77
October 18th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Elon Has not beaten app in the short 5 years in the conf. Over all were 9-26-1 vs app

Could this be the year?xeyebrowx

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2008, 08:42 AM

We've never played in the Valley. They did beat us in the Gateway, but have not won since Farley came in 2001.