PDA

View Full Version : My top 25

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Heres my personal top 25 rankings.

http://www.geocities.com/tjliles04

straightshooter
November 6th, 2005, 03:01 PM
What's wrong? Don't want that #1 tag? Well hang on big guy. It's probably coming your way.

Phrebert
November 6th, 2005, 03:04 PM
We'll be happy to take it after we play Montana State. It will be good to have for the ayoffs (at home).
In the meantime give it to someone else.

PantherMan
November 6th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Need to move UNI up a good deal of spots, and WKU down contrastingly. You have WKU as winning, while UNI won in 2OT Saturday. Just some food for thought...

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Need to move UNI up a good deal of spots, and WKU down contrastingly. You have WKU as winning, while UNI won in 2OT Saturday. Just some food for thought...

Sorry my bad, yahoo sports posted an incorrect score from the game.

PantherMan
November 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM

No problem.

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 03:37 PM
OK rankings fixed and updated, sorry about the UNI error.

Also I don't think New Hampshire played well enough to move to #1. I was gonna put Hampton there but i still think there schedule is crappy and arent deserving.

Stang Fever
November 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM

How can you in your right mind...rank a team higher in a poll then the team that just beat them....

you have two teams that poly beat ranked ahead of them...that they beat

Poly Pigskin
November 6th, 2005, 03:52 PM
How can you in your right mind...rank a team higher in a poll then the team that just beat them....

He's from the east coast, that means he doesn't have to pay attention to games that finish after his bedtime.

Seriously though, putting EWU with a 5-4 record at #15 is a tad generous.

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 03:56 PM

You cant expect to jump a team just ebcause you beat them. and as for Montana State, you've lost twice since that game whioch has lowered your ranking.

I dont have to please you with my rankings. The objective is to impartially rank the teams, and since i could care frigging less about Cal Poly or Montana State or Eastern Washington theres no way I could have shown any favoritism in my rankings. So dont like em, MAKE YOUR OWN

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 04:02 PM
sorry dude, i know you don't want the curese, but its all your this week

and 2nd, coastal is not the 6th best team in the nation, and if you can supply facts proving that they are, please be my guest

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM
sorry dude, i know you don't want the curese, but its all your this week

and 2nd, coastal is not the 6th best team in the nation, and if you can supply facts proving that they are, please be my guest

I used the current USA/ESPN poll as my foundation for the rankings, last week CC was #8 they won while 3 teams ahead of them lost, therefore they moved up. they will be 6 or 7th in both the USA/ESPN and TSN polls when they come out. And in case your wondering APP St is 8th because while they did lose, they gave LSU there closest game ever vs a 1-AA team.

blukeys
November 6th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I used the current USA/ESPN poll as my foundation for the rankings, last week

AARGHH! At least use the AGS poll as your basis!!! :eek:

Poly Pigskin
November 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM
You cant expect to jump a team just ebcause you beat them.

Can you explain this reasoning to me?

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Can you explain this reasoning to me?

For instance, if a unranked team beats a #1 team does the unranked team automatically become ranked higher then the team they beat? It matters where you start the day to determine where you end the day.

Poly Pigskin
November 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
For instance, if a unranked team beats a #1 team does the unranked team automatically become ranked higher then the team they beat? It matters where you start the day to determine where you end the day.

Fair enough, but #19 over #10 isn't huge, and I think putting them at 14/15 or 15/16 is not unreasonable. I was under the impression that rankings are supposed to tell you how good a team is relative to another team, and since we just beat EWU, I'm pretty sure we're better.

R.A.
November 6th, 2005, 04:45 PM
-Can someone explain why Coastal is overrated?

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Fair enough, but #19 over #10 isn't huge, and I think putting them at 14/15 or 15/16 is not unreasonable. I was under the impression that rankings are supposed to tell you how good a team is relative to another team, and since we just beat EWU, I'm pretty sure we're better.

Perhaps, but teams can have down days. UNH lost to W&M does that make them better then UNH? nope

Cal Poly lost to UC Davis does that make UC Davis better? Nope! (yea yea give it to me now Cal Davis fans, everyone else is)

Saint3333
November 6th, 2005, 05:02 PM

This discussion again?

I see you're new, just look back through any thread with Coastal in the title and you'll find your answer or just look at their schedule and results.

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM

i'll make it simple

weak schedule, weak conference, OT wins vs teams they should have beaten by 40

shakdaddy3
November 6th, 2005, 05:11 PM

Why not put Illinois State in there considering we beat three of the teams in your top 25... we're 6-4 as opposed to W&M and that Cal team at #25 which are 5-4 according to your records.

slostang
November 6th, 2005, 05:54 PM
You cant expect to jump a team just ebcause you beat them. and as for Montana State, you've lost twice since that game whioch has lowered your ranking.

I dont have to please you with my rankings. The objective is to impartially rank the teams, and since i could care frigging less about Cal Poly or Montana State or Eastern Washington theres no way I could have shown any favoritism in my rankings. So dont like em, MAKE YOUR OWN

Are we just a little touchy? Poly has the same record as Montana State and beat them 38-10. Poly has a better record then EWU and just beat them. You are correct we have lost twice since MSU. One of the losses was to your number one team on the road that was not decided until the last minutes of the game, a game we actually out gained Montana. The second loss we were on the road to a team that beat Stanford and we had our entire starting backfield on the bench with injuries. I think it is ok to point that out. If you do not want people to comment on your rankings, don't be an idiot and put them on a public forum.

PantherMan
November 6th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Are we just a little touchy? Poly has the same record as Montana State and beat them 38-10. Poly has a better record then EWU and just beat them. You are correct we have lost twice since MSU. One of the losses was to your number one team on the road that was not decided until the last minutes of the game, a game we actually out gained Montana. The second loss we were on the road to a team that beat Stanford and we had our entire starting backfield on the bench with injuries. I think it is ok to point that out. If you do not want people to comment on your rankings, don't be an idiot and put them on a public forum.

It would appear that the Poly fans are the ones who may be a little touchy... This is ONE GUY'S OPINION on where he sees teams right now. Beating a team does not make your squad superior to that squad over the course of a season, just on that Saturday.

Appdad
November 6th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I used the current USA/ESPN poll as my foundation for the rankings, last week CC was #8 they won while 3 teams ahead of them lost, therefore they moved up. they will be 6 or 7th in both the USA/ESPN and TSN polls when they come out. And in case your wondering APP St is 8th because while they did lose, they gave LSU there closest game ever vs a 1-AA team.

How does App drop in 1-AA while LSU moves up to #5????

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 06:26 PM
How does App drop in 1-AA while LSU moves up to #5????

they drop cause they lost. I was very generous where i put them, I doubt others will be so generous

charliej
November 6th, 2005, 06:33 PM

Holy crap! I went by Yahoo score too.... I thought WKU won! I have to edit my poll now.

slostang
November 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM
It would appear that the Poly fans are the ones who may be a little touchy... This is ONE GUY'S OPINION on where he sees teams right now. Beating a team does not make your squad superior to that squad over the course of a season, just on that Saturday.

Poly fans were just expressing their OPINIONS. If that "one guy" did not want comments on his opinions, he should not place his opinions in a public forum. I agree with you about beating a team only makes you better than them on that Saturday. What makes us better is that we beat EWU and have a "better record" against similar competition than they do. Two of EWU's I-AA losses have been to an unranked Idaho State and unranked Weber State. I would think that would put us ahead of them. As far as MSU, we do have two losses since we beat them, both to ranked teams on the road. MSU has had a loss since that game to an unranked team. We have a 38-10 win over them and have the same record over the course of ten weeks. I do not think we should be ahead of MSU, but certainly closer. Are we touchy. You bet ya. Being 9-2 and conference champs and being left out of the playoffs does that to you. I know Cal Poly does not have a rich history in football since moving up to I-AA, but we have a good history since hiring Rich Ellerson as Head Coach. Ask Montana or Montana State what they think about the Mustangs.

TxSt02
November 6th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Texas State #13???????????????????????????????????

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 08:58 PM
they drop cause they lost. I was very generous where i put them, I doubt others will be so generous

i don't think others will be blind enough to put CCU at #6 either

MountaineerDrive
November 6th, 2005, 09:04 PM

I bet we move up in every poll.

SuperJon
November 6th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I highly doubt you move up. You shouldn't drop more than a spot or two, depending on if someone behind you won or not. I know you played LSU tough but a loss is a loss and that's how poll people do things.

DaGriz
November 6th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Holy crap! I went by Yahoo score too.... I thought WKU won! I have to edit my poll now.

ESPN sports ticker had the same thing.

barechestcat
November 6th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Poly fans were just expressing their OPINIONS. If that "one guy" did not want comments on his opinions, he should not place his opinions in a public forum. I agree with you about beating a team only makes you better than them on that Saturday. What makes us better is that we beat EWU and have a "better record" against similar competition than they do. Two of EWU's I-AA losses have been to an unranked Idaho State and unranked Weber State. I would think that would put us ahead of them. As far as MSU, we do have two losses since we beat them, both to ranked teams on the road. MSU has had a loss since that game to an unranked team. We have a 38-10 win over them and have the same record over the course of ten weeks. I do not think we should be ahead of MSU, but certainly closer. Are we touchy. You bet ya. Being 9-2 and conference champs and being left out of the playoffs does that to you. I know Cal Poly does not have a rich history in football since moving up to I-AA, but we have a good history since hiring Rich Ellerson as Head Coach. Ask Montana or Montana State think about the Mustangs.

I think Cal Poly was one of the top teams in the country three weeks ago before their starting QB was injured. At this point I definitely feel they deserve to be in the playoffs if they win out. Their defense can be stifling when they are playing well. If their new quarterback brings back a passing element and some leadership on the field, they deserve to be in the post season.

Proud Griz Man
November 6th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Being 9-2 and conference champs and being left out of the playoffs does that to you. I know Cal Poly does not have a rich history in football since moving up to I-AA, but we have a good history since hiring Rich Ellerson as Head Coach. Ask Montana or Montana State think about the Mustangs.

Montana fans respect Cal Poly. Please realize that fans/media back east do not believe western U.S. 1-AA football is very good, and will not give teams like Cal Poly respect until they play head-to-head.

Hamptongal
November 6th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Montana fans respect Cal Poly. Please realize that fans/media back east do not believe western U.S. 1-AA football is very good, and will not give teams like Cal Poly respect until they play head-to-head.
Oh man he pulled out the coast card. ;) ;) ;) ;)

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Oh man he pulled out the coast card. ;) ;) ;) ;)

i know that was supposed to be a joke, but really not funny

Hamptongal
November 6th, 2005, 10:58 PM
i know that was supposed to be a joke, but really not funny
But oh so applicable.