PDA

View Full Version : Wofford to play one of the big boy's

beauvighn
October 16th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Wofford plays Wisconsin next year. It looks like with RichRod at Michigan the call will be made to Spartanburg to practice against that spread option. What a great opportunity. I guess the Big 10 didn't learn that them SoCon boys ain't to be messed with.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20081016/NEWS/810160229/1088/sports?Title=Wofford_to_play_at_Wisconsin_in_footb all_in_2009

catamount man
October 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Kudos to the Terriers! I wish our AD would get teams beyond ACC and SEC. Man, it would be nice to go play Indiana or even a MAC team a la Akron or Ohio.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
...and I was expecting to open this link and see that Mickey Matthews was talking about Wofford playing a CAA team OOC next year...

SCPALADIN
October 16th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Kudos to the Terriers! I wish our AD would get teams beyond ACC and SEC. Man, it would be nice to go play Indiana or even a MAC team a la Akron or Ohio.

I'm with you...I'd love for Furman to play my dad's alma mater, Akron, once their new stadium is completed.

http://www.uakron.edu/stadium/stadiumView.php

94Terrier
October 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Not only are we playing Wisconsin text year, we are playing South Florida, too (per the USF website)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&KEY=&ATCLID=611637&SPID=2981&SPSID=60910

terrierbob
October 16th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Not only are we playing Wisconsin text year, we are playing South Florida, too (per the USF website)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&KEY=&ATCLID=611637&SPID=2981&SPSID=60910

Not good for playoff chances, IMO.

beauvighn
October 16th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I can understand playing one of these games but two is really asking for it. Maybe the S. Fla. game is still in question. Combine that with a rugged SoCon schedule and Wofford may be overextending itself just a bit. It's not like we play in a pansy league...

BULLDOG8180
October 16th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Wofford plays Wisconsin next year. It looks like with RichRod at Michigan the call will be made to Spartanburg to practice against that spread option. What a great opportunity. I guess the Big 10 didn't learn that them SoCon boys ain't to be messed with.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20081016/NEWS/810160229/1088/sports?Title=Wofford_to_play_at_Wisconsin_in_footb all_in_2009

Welcome to the Bulldogs world!xrotatehx

ASUG8
October 16th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Cudos!xthumbsupx
Show them that misdirection you kicked our butts with last year too. I noticed Wake Forest was using some derivation of that vs. Clemson last week.

theasushow
October 17th, 2008, 12:02 AM
didnt The Citadel play Wisconsin not long ago? I could be way off I didnt do any research or anything.
If I remember correctly The Citadel put up quite a fight.

AppHokie
October 17th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Citadel played Wisconsin just last year. Kept it close through the first half and was a good watch (I think it was on the big ten network).

AshevilleApp2
October 17th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Not good for playoff chances, IMO.

Those games shouldn't hurt your chances, even if they are losses. Think App in 2005. Losses to Kansas, LSU and Furman, and we ended up as a #2 seed.

OL FU
October 17th, 2008, 08:13 AM
You know coming from the south with the Georgia's and Alabama's and Floridas and Tennessees and realizing that Wisconsin has a real good program, I just never thought of them as one of the big boysxeyebrowx Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, yes. Wisconsin, not that much. :o

LehighFan11
October 17th, 2008, 08:15 AM
You know coming from the south with the Georgia's and Alabama's and Floridas and Tennessees and realizing that Wisconsin has a real good program, I just never thought of them as one of the big boysxeyebrowx Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, yes. Wisconsin, not that much. :o

Especially not with their current 3 game losing streak

Millwoch
October 17th, 2008, 08:50 AM
You Woffy fans need to make the trip to Camp Randall. It is a great trip. A sea of Red. Student body there is large and loud. And the bars around the stadium have lots of local brew and great Brats. I had a great time last year. No need to tailgate, the bars are full of great "sights", drinks and food.

apaladin
October 17th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Those games shouldn't hurt your chances, even if they are losses. Think App in 2005. Losses to Kansas, LSU and Furman, and we ended up as a #2 seed.

How the h*** did that happen? Oh yeh, I remember.xsmiley_wix

The Cats
October 18th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Wofford should play this weekend before worrying about next year's schedule......

terrierbob
October 18th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Wofford should play this weekend before worrying about next year's schedule......

We're not such a "powerhouse"* that we can afford overlooking anybody. I doubt Ayers will let that happen, anyway.

* usually schools > 1,200 students

94Terrier
October 18th, 2008, 10:28 AM

I think you'll realize that Wofford will be quite ready when you're on the way to your car at halftime to make that trip back home!xnodx

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I think you'll realize that Wofford will be quite ready when you're on the way to your car at halftime to make that trip back home!xnodx

No. They'll wait until the 3rd quarter with the optimism that something like last year will happen. I'll give you a hint-Ayers won't let it happen.

T-Dogg
October 18th, 2008, 10:32 AM
No. They'll wait until the 3rd quarter with the optimism that something like last year will happen. I'll give you a hint-Ayers won't let it happen.

I agree, I would be shocked to see MA let that happen this year! Especially after learning our lesson at GSU.

dungeonjoe
October 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM

they did.

The Cats
October 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
they did.

yep!!!!!